OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1084, 1085, 1086 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject:

These Twitter randos remind me of psychics that used to predict things like the Kennedy assassination or the Beatles reuniting.

They keep guessing the same sh*t year after year, so one year they are bound to be correct.

If they aren't they can just wait out the negative comments or delete and make a new account.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Igotsources (Kawhi) vs scoopb (KD)

https://reddit.app.link/U2K1hRPGSV

I'm not usually the type to believe these "insiders", but Scoop has actually been spot on a lot. I'm not going to buy it until it happens, but man, he seems very confident.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I could careless who we are getting, as long as we have 1 of KD or Kawhi in our back pocket because we would be back to championship contention.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
Sago wrote:

I'm not usually the type to believe these "insiders", but Scoop has actually been spot on a lot. I'm not going to buy it until it happens, but man, he seems very confident.

IGS has a lot of supporters.... I don’t understand why he gets so much hate.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
Sago wrote:

People get upset when everything these guys "report" doesn't come to fruition, when that's just not how leaked info works. What they are saying might be accurate in that people in-the-know are talking, like how Pete heard about LeBron a long time before it happened. We'll find out soon.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I could careless who we are getting, as long as we have 1 of KD or Kawhi in our back pocket because we would be back to championship contention.

This.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
Sago wrote:

I don’t know if he will be correct on Kawhi, but he did say the Lakers brass was traveling to Philly to meet with Monty Williams 22 hours or so before Woj tweet.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Depends on the rest of the roster. If the rest of the roster is not well constructed, we could be the West Coast version of the Thunder.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
Sago wrote:

I don’t know if he will be correct on Kawhi, but he did say the Lakers brass was traveling to Philly to meet with Monty Williams 22 hours or so before Woj tweet.

IGS is some 16 year old pimple face kid living in his moms basement, This guys is providing nothing of substance yet because he mentions he knows people, some folks here, for some unknown reason, think this guy is a god. He's a dumb ass just posting thoughts, in my opinion...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Depends on the rest of the roster. If the rest of the roster is not well constructed, we could be the West Coast version of the Thunder.

Hopefully Kawhi/LeBron have guys like Marcus Morris/Pat Bev helping them.. next year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
Sago wrote:

I know, also a lot of people who used to doubt him are starting to think he’s legit.... so.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
Sago wrote:

after it was reported everywhere that Williams was on the list? You and I could tweet out the Lakers have zeroed in on "blank" and plan to announce hiring in coming days......you could finish the sentence with Lue, and I could complete the sentence with Williams. It is likely one of us would be correct and could use that pure speculation to claim we had sources.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Hopefully Kawhi/LeBron have guys like Marcus Morris/Pat Bev helping them.. next year.

That would be nice, but I'm going to keep mentioning this from time to time. If we sign Leonard, that's great (assuming that he can play 70+ games). But it's not the end of the story. The same thing was true when we signed Lebron last summer, and that particular story had an unhappy ending. If you want to contend for a title, it helps a lot to have two superstars, but that isn't enough.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

At this point i m perfectly fine with being the West Coast version of Thunder.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
Sago wrote:

after it was reported everywhere that Williams was on the list? You and I could tweet out the Lakers have zeroed in on "blank" and plan to announce hiring in coming days......you could finish the sentence with Lue, and I could complete the sentence with Williams. It is likely one of us would be correct and could use that pure speculation to claim we had sources.

Believe me, I get it. Jury is still out on him.

Just saying it was specific about meeting Monty in Philly. Not having him come to El Segundo for an interview for example.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
Sago wrote:

Just saying it was specific about meeting Monty in Philly. Not having him come to El Segundo for an interview for example.

It’s kinda hard for him to fly around the country during the playoffs, so the Lakers going to him is s pretty safe bet.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
Sago wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that too. He said not just that they were going to speak with him, but when and where, and he said it 22 hours before Woj did. Also, though it wasn't going out on a limb when he said Luke would be out as coach, he did get the general timeline right on when he would be let go, too (no later than this week, I believe). Again, that was probably not a big upset that it got done quickly, but still, he did get that right.

As much as anything, GT not calling him out as a fraud at least gives me some hope that maybe he could know something. But it would be foolish to just blindly assume he's an actual insider.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
YSong wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
YSong wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
Real question: if his current play & health hold up, when should the Lakers consider bringing D'Lo back?

That ship sailed and I’m glad it did

Expanding on your thought:

1) You're "glad" that the Lakers are out of playoff contention (not saying D'Lo would have made the difference with this particular team, but that the Laker team he was on was trending to being a playoff contender this season).
2) You're "glad" that D'Lo, a prospect we drafted, is winning playoff games for another team.

Copied.

Fools gold. Copied

if DLO is fools gold, I wonder what Ingram/Lonzo are...

Players I would ship out for AD in a flash

And the Pels said no thanks. And Lonzo being injury riddled and BI having blood clot issues do not help increase their value.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject:

We got 3 consecutive #2 picks.

IMO, LBJ was on autopilot to the Lakers.

Magic resigns, allowing us to bring a culture change from up top.

Luke is canned, allowing a new voice from the bench.

Why do I have a growing fear that Jeanie goes insular again despite it not working?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Hopefully we can do some damage this summer and get a couple of stars and round out the roster with Danny Green, a Morris twin, Pat Beverly

I would add Looney or Noel to the list.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Why do I have a growing fear that Jeanie goes insular again despite it not working?

Because she’s demonstrated that she’s literally incapable of doing things any other way.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:40 am    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Because she’s demonstrated that she’s literally incapable of doing things any other way.

What's crazy is that it's in big bright neon lights "danger ahead, avoid insularity" and it seems we are heading back into that direction.

Hopefully this is a giant wake up call to steer away from the lights.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The only people she has hired are Magic and Pelinka, so it’s not that big of a sample size.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
MJST wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

KD ain't coming. This dude literally is mentally weak..

I'm sure LeBron wishes that were the case. But the Game 3s where KD eviscerated his team(and second time around made he and his team quit the series) at home say different.

Prime Lebron loss game 1 and then proceeded to make KD cry on his mom’s shoulders.

And the year prior, Dirk made LeBron cry despite LeBron having 3 all-stars by him and the 3rd greatest shooting guard of all time.

And the year prior to that, Paul Pierce made LeBron tear off his Cavs jersey and run to Miami just to beat them.

So what is your point?

When the odds were stacked evenly

Durant, Curry, Klay

LeBron, Kyrie, Love

Durant destroyed the Cavs in game 3 in a game the Cavs had won, in LeBron's house and ended the series effectively there when he brought the Warriors back.

Then the following year, did the exact same thing and made the entire Cavs team including LeBron quit the series.

So I don't know why your defense is "Well.. LeBron beat the Thunder and KD cried because they lost."

Kobe cried when the Jazz beat the Lakers and he airballed the three pointers. Kobe cried when the Spurs swept them in the last game at the Forum, Kobe cried when they lost to the Spurs while going for the 4 peat. Kobe cried when the Pistons beat them.

Did that make him weak? or did Kobe just hate losing and determined to never let it happen again?

Cause that's what KD did the next time he had a chance at LeBron.

LeBron can't say the same, as he has more finals losses to his rival teams than he has victories and is usually is the one that lost to them the last time they met.

Lol odds stacked evenly. Only Lebron haters would say that.

Lebron, Curry, KD tier 1
Kyrie, Klay, Dray tier 2
Love, Iggy tier 3
Then the rest of the others

Dude... just stop. That ESPN rhetoric when KD and the Warriors dropped the Cavs in 5 that the Cavs had no help and it was just LeBron is tired.

the biggest argument against Kobe vs LeBron, or Jordan vs LeBron, or Kareem vs LeBron, or even Magic or Duncan vs LeBron when it comes to your greatness or how it's perceived. LeBron needs asterisk's next to every Finals loss he has in order to legitimize his legacy in that regard.

Kareem, Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Duncan, Bird do not. And to me, that's the biggest knock.

Even the Finals where KD and the Warriors beat him 4-1, and instead of giving KD credit the media made it out to be an insurmountable mountain. If this was just the media it wouldn't matter, but LBJ feeds into the same rhetoric to protect himself. And the 'cast' at the end of the Finals last year in his attempt to take credit from being beat 4-0 was cringeworthy.

But back to when they got beat 4-1. The way they say it you'd imagine that the Warriors were just all putting up 30 and LeBron was all by himself. In reality it looked like this

KD: 35.2 / 8.2 / 5.4 1.6 BLK 1.0 STL 55.6% FG 47.4% Three 92.7% FT
LeBron: 33.6 / 12 / 10 1.0 BLK 1.4 STL 56.4% FG 38.7 Three 64.9% FT

Kyrie: 29.4 / 4.0 / 4.4 1.0 STL 47.2% FG 41.9% Three 90% FT
Steph: 26.8 / 8.0 / 9.4 2.2 STL 44% FG 38.8% Three 89.7 FT

Love: 16.0 / 11.2 /1.0 1.0 BLK 2.2 STL 38.8% FG 38.7% Three 80.0% FT
Klay: 16.4 / 4.8 / 2.2 0.2 BLK 0.4 STL 42.9 FG 42.5% Three 71.4% FT

Draymond: 11 / 10 / 4.8 1.6 STL 0.6 BLK 34.5% FG 28.0% Three 66.7 FT%
Smith: 11.8 / 1.6 / 0.4 0.6 STL 0.4 BLK 54.1% FG 58.1% Three 33.3% FT%(took 3)

Imagine putting up 29.4 / 4.0 / 4.4 1.0 STL 47.2% FG 41.9% Three 90% FT, and getting portrayed like you didn't do squat.. or was the problem. Now you know why Kyrie wanted out of that environment.

But again, when you map out the stats like that, it doesn't seem as insurmountable, it's just another team that could match how stacked LeBron's teams usually were beat his team. That's all. When you lay out the stats like that it becomes very apparent how much help LeBron actually did have. But in order to legitimize his legacy they need to pretend that didn't happen, need to pretend that LBJ was just with a bunch of scrubs, and take complete credit away from what KD and the Warriors did.

But that doesn't fly when you actually map it out does it.

Wanna know what team actually had the odds stacked against them the way people want to act like LeBron's teams did when they got destroyed?

The Mavericks when they beat the Miami Heat.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Let's not pretend that Luke Walton wasn't a coach in high demand after helping coach the 74-win Warriors for the majority of that season. It was a no-brainer hire considering that and his Lakers experience.

We'll see how he does in Sacramento, but I feel like they'll be competitive under him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1084, 1085, 1086 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1085 of 8560
Jump to: