OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 872, 873, 874 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Offer up max money to the stars available, best chance might be Kyrie, teamed with LeBron, rubbing it in the Celtics faces, I love it. Try a sign and trade of KCP and Ball or KCP, Wagner and a pick to Orlando for a sign and trade of Vuc.

Vuc.
Kuzma
Lebron
BI
Kyrie

I'd say that would be a very good off-season.

i rather try to go for AD than Vuc but in this hypothetical trade I'd much rather trade BI than Ball.

Wouldn't it depend on how much each player demanded?

Remember, you aren't just dealing with a BI vs. Ball basketball issue... you are dealing with a BI vs. LaVar contract discussion. Once you sacrifice BI...you are giving LaVar much more bargaining leverage. Maybe BI is willing to sign for cheaper.

I don't know... it seems like we'll have to pay through the nose to keep any of the kids after how poorly we've treated them... but I still think LaVar will be even more hell to deal with once Zo's cost control winds down.

But that's what RFA is. They can demand all they want, but if it doesn't reflect FMV then there's no rush to pay it early.

I'm saying as long as you have BI and Kuz in the fold... LaVar doesn't have much leverage.

Once you choose Zo over the other two... you've made a long term commitment and burned two bridges.

So when he becomes unrestricted you've already sacrificed two players that might have worked with you vs. one who only thinks of himself.

It's such a clusterf*ck at this point, that maybe all of them want out eventually so future team unity isn't a consideration.

But I'm just saying I'd put that into my own calculation.

I think Magic needs to commit to the core to fix this team for the short term and maybe he can save some of them as future Lakers.

The longer this process drags out... the more bitter the taste will be in their mouths... and the less likely other agents will want to come because of how they saw our kids get treated.

They might have gone too far down the current path to easily backtrack and make a save.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Would anyone be okay with somehow sign Kemba & Boogie if possible? Kemba makes a lot now (I think $24 mill) & haven't heard any word on Boogie's intentions? Seems like he could be an option for NY?

Boogie could solve issues of center going forward while hitting 3's. Signing Kemba would probably end Zo as a Laker. Vucevic is a sleeper...

IF, IF, IF, Magic can pull off signing Leonard I'll praise him through the roof. As the season goes on IMO, Leonard is a top 5 player. Through a trade, AD is a top 10 player who could be a top 5 player next two years, he can do everything except he will get much better shooting 3's.

Kemba & Boogie are not highly spoken of in free agency. My first choice is Leonard followed by Thompson, KD, Irving, Vucevic, Cousins, Walker, Butler, T. Harris, Fillers: Reddick, Ariza...
HC: Riley
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:

Kyrie
Ball
Ingram
LBJ
Vuc

Rondo (room x)
Hart
McGee (low cap hold)
Bullock (cap hold should just fit)
Wagner
Bonga
1st

That's a legit team, provided a super team doesn't form that's a contender.

If you thought our defense was trash before, this is a layup drill.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

Kyrie
Ball
Ingram
LBJ
Vuc

Rondo (room x)
Hart
McGee (low cap hold)
Wagner
Bonga
1st

Vucevic is actually a good defender.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
al242 wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

Kyrie
Ball
Ingram
LBJ
Vuc

Rondo (room x)
Hart
McGee (low cap hold)
Wagner
Bonga
1st

Um no. That's his biggest weakness.

But he's a gifted offensive player.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

If Orlando resigns him then something to consider would be trading Josh Hart for Mohamed Bamba
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
If Orlando resigns him then something to consider would be trading Josh Hart for Mohamed Bamba

I think it'd take a lot more to get Bamba, more like Ingram.
If we are settling on waiting to sign AD in 2020, moving Ingram may be a necessity, so a trade like this (Bamba is cost controlled until 2024, whereas Ingram is an RFA in 2020 and has a 20+ mil caphold), may actually make sense.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

With the successes we have had with our drafts, I would never trade another pick again. These picks are to valuable, and hopefully we learned a lesson with the Dwight/Nash fiasco.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Practice wrote:
al242 wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

Kyrie
Ball
Ingram
LBJ
Vuc

Rondo (room x)
Hart
McGee (low cap hold)
Wagner
Bonga
1st

Um no. That's his biggest weakness.

But he's a gifted offensive player.

he's actually not a bad defender from what Ive seen from the latest opinion pieces on him and games Ive spied him in
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
With the successes we have had with our drafts, I would never trade another pick again. These picks are to valuable, and hopefully we learned a lesson with the Dwight/Nash fiasco.

If Jesse Buss is making them yes. Very strong record of immediate contributors (Kuz, Nance, Clarkson) or project guys with upside (Zubac, Bryant).

Magic/Pelinka took Wagner, who is neither of these things.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
Yes, it is very likely we will get AD now more than ever, in the summer.

Demps wasn’t the one making that decision at the deadline, him being fired has no bearing on a summer trade.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Yes, it is very likely we will get AD now more than ever, in the summer.

Demps wasn’t the one making that decision at the deadline, him being fired has no bearing on a summer trade.

Depends on what report you believe.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that we give New Orleans a fair trade offer. If they take it, excellent. Dell Demos was never going to accept a fair offer. He wanted one-sided.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

If Jesse Buss is making them yes. Very strong record of immediate contributors (Kuz, Nance, Clarkson) or project guys with upside (Zubac, Bryant).

As someone who absolutely believes that there were better players available when we took Wagner, I still think he can be a positive contributor for us. But yes, Magic should not be overruling the staff on selections like that in the late first round.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that we give New Orleans a fair trade offer. If they take it, excellent. Dell Demos was never going to accept a fair offer. He wanted one-sided.

Rumor has it that Demps, and any future GM, was and will be firmly under the thumb of Loomis, Pelicans Head of Basketball Operations and GM of the SAINTS
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:11 am    Post subject:

Can we just sign Ray Allen. He is looking quite good. He is and always will be better shooter than any of our players even with 50 on his back. He is just 43. He can still play in this NBA without defense. Bring him in Magic.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:32 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Rumor has it that Demps, and any future GM, was and will be firmly under the thumb of Loomis, Pelicans Head of Basketball Operations and GM of the SAINTS

Who cares. We’ll keep whatever is left of Kuzma, Ball, and Ingram.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

As someone who absolutely believes that there were better players available when we took Wagner, I still think he can be a positive contributor for us. But yes, Magic should not be overruling the staff on selections like that in the late first round.

I believe Wagner will be a solid contributor off the bench next season. If this season gets away from us, I hope he gets big minutes to end the year.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

Lakers have to make a choice first: win now or develop young players

With James, the Lakers should want to win it now. Then we should sign more mature players and limit the playing time for youngsters except a few core. In fact, playing with mature players also help the growth of youngsters, a example is Mitchell of Jazz.

Lakers don’t have to keep too many young players and give them heavy minutes. They should acquire more mature players and play them more. The Jazz surround Mitchell with 4 veterans. The 76ers surrend Embiid and Simmons with 3 veterans. The Suns are still in chaos starting many young players.

Knowing Magic is saving the salary space for another FA this summer and youngsters and picks for potential trade this summer, it may be the reason for trading Zubac, instead of other youngsters or pick for veteran, I hope the Lakers could shortlist our youngsters and acquire more ready players this summer.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

Isn’t the quality of the “more ready” players a key factor?

All the one year vets on the roster and the oft mentioned Melo are all “more ready “ but are they better then the developing young players. From what I have seen this season they are more inconsistent and less reliable over the course of the season.

This roster is already looking at major overhaul with the FA addition(s) and the majority of the one year rentals gone. The quality of the “more ready” vets depends on which ones accept vet min contracts. Typically get what you pay for.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I believe Wagner will be a solid contributor off the bench next season. If this season gets away from us, I hope he gets big minutes to end the year.
I agree. The kid has been vastly under rated by people on this board and Luke doesn't seem to like to play him much.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Anthony Davis said that the Celtics are on his list of preferred trade destinations.
SOURCE: Tim Bontemps on Twitter
Feb 16, 2019, 11:18 AM

Just pulled this from Rotoworld.

Here's more

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821089-anthony-davis-i-never-said-celtics-werent-on-list-of-preferred-trade-spots
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

KD won't last a season in NYC unless he brings a superteam to NY....
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
Quote:
Anthony Davis said that the Celtics are on his list of preferred trade destinations.
SOURCE: Tim Bontemps on Twitter
Feb 16, 2019, 11:18 AM

Just pulled this from Rotoworld.

Here's more

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821089-anthony-davis-i-never-said-celtics-werent-on-list-of-preferred-trade-spots

Good to see we didn't trade everyone for someone who has no true loyalty to our team.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/nbatv/status/1096810453437538305?s=21

“All 29 teams are on my list”

And last week he said he didn’t have a list.. he’s just playing dumb in front of the media
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 872, 873, 874 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 873 of 8560
Jump to: