OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7066, 7067, 7068 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Once we're back at full health, I'd like to see a 10 man rotation more like:

AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo/Ariza
Baze, THT,
Reaves, Monk
Westbrook, Nunn

Yes, I think Reaves is enough to start. High IQ, can shoot, plays his ass of on D, hustles all over, no ego. Also, Nunn should be getting starter type mins. But that's the best rotation I can come up with that parts fit, is versatile, and spreads to floor to give AD more space to operate and Westbrook space to drive.

I like this rotation - Vogel will never do it because of egos but it would be best for the team
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
2019 wrote:
Once we're back at full health, I'd like to see a 10 man rotation more like:

AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo/Ariza
Baze, THT,
Reaves, Monk
Westbrook, Nunn

Yes, I think Reaves is enough to start. High IQ, can shoot, plays his ass of on D, hustles all over, no ego. Also, Nunn should be getting starter type mins. But that's the best rotation I can come up with that parts fit, is versatile, and spreads to floor to give AD more space to operate and Westbrook space to drive.

I like this rotation - Vogel will never do it because of egos but it would be best for the team

I’d start Nunn at the 1 have Russ at the 2. THT & Monk need the ball in their hands.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
The next 3 games will tell a lot on rather we can install life into the season, we have Grizzles/Spurs/Thunder in the next 3 games.

The Grizzlies will be a challenge. The Spurs might put up a fight. But then we have a ridiculous cupcake schedule -- five games against OKC, Houston, and Cleveland, with four out of five at home. If we aren't at least at .500 by the end of that stretch, it may be time to push the panic button.

That will be quite a few home games used up just to get to a .500 W/L record.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
The next 3 games will tell a lot on rather we can install life into the season, we have Grizzles/Spurs/Thunder in the next 3 games.

The Grizzlies will be a challenge. The Spurs might put up a fight. But then we have a ridiculous cupcake schedule -- five games against OKC, Houston, and Cleveland, with four out of five at home. If we aren't at least at .500 by the end of that stretch, it may be time to push the panic button.

It's not out of the question that we could win them all and end up 7-2. As ugly as we looked in those first two games, our opponents were better teams than any of our next seven opponents, with the possible exception of Memphis. But if we end up 4-5 or worse, it means that we've dropped some games to rebuilding teams full of kids. If that happens, the panic button will be flashing red.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

With so many new guys. With so many people out of the rotation due to injury. We still haven't established a team identity.

I'll start judging our ceiling and floor after I have a better look at what we're working with in Vogel's system.

From game 1 to game 2. So much changed. I can't even imagine what we look like after game 10.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It's not out of the question that we could win them all and end up 7-2. As ugly as we looked in those first two games, our opponents were better teams than any of our next seven opponents, with the possible exception of Memphis. But if we end up 4-5 or worse, it means that we've dropped some games to rebuilding teams full of kids. If that happens, the panic button will be flashing red.

I agree that it is possible that the record can be 7-2 or 6-3, so perhaps I leaned to hard on your earlier mention of a .500 record. The Rule of Thumb that I have heard is that respectable teams aim to be at least .500 on the road and really clean up on the home games.

Struggling so much to win at home is going to make it difficult to do well overall when the remaining schedule will have more road than home games. I extended the schedule out to mid November to show the importance of getting a good jump on the W/L record.

Golden State -- Home
Phoenix -- Home
Memphis -- Home
San Antonio -- Road
OKC -- Road
Cleveland -- Home
Houston -- Home
Houston -- Home
OKC -- Home
Portland -- Road
Charlotte -- Home
Miami -- Home
Minnesota -- Home
San Antonio -- Home
Chicago -- Home
November 16

Home -- 12 Games
Golden State, Phoenix, Memphis, Cleveland, Houston, Houston, OKC, Charlotte, Miami, Minnesota, San Antonio, Chicago

Road -- 3 Games
San Antonio, OKC, Portland

By mid November, there will be 29 home games remaining versus 38 games on the road.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Struggling so much to win at home is going to make it difficult to do well overall when the remaining schedule will have more road than home games. I extended the schedule out to mid November to show the importance of getting a good jump on the W/L record.

Golden State -- Home
Phoenix -- Home
Memphis -- Home
San Antonio -- Road
OKC -- Road
Cleveland -- Home
Houston -- Home
Houston -- Home
OKC -- Home
Portland -- Road
Charlotte -- Home
Miami -- Home
Minnesota -- Home
San Antonio -- Home
Chicago -- Home
November 16

Home -- 12 Games
Golden State, Phoenix, Memphis, Cleveland, Houston, Houston, OKC, Charlotte, Miami, Minnesota, San Antonio, Chicago

Road -- 3 Games
San Antonio, OKC, Portland

By mid November, there will be 29 home games remaining versus 38 games on the road.

Yep. We really need to get our act together by the time we head to Portland. Even though we have a bunch of home games, the quality of the opposition ratchets up. We get the "award show" effect on our schedule every year, but that stretch of games before the Portland trip is unusually weak.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject:

Why do people care about home and road games? Don't the Lakers have as good road record as home record? Staples Center is like a road game for the Lakers so they probably don't see a difference when playing there.

If you're good, you're gonna win, any time, anywhere. How many times did the Lakers lose 3+ games in a row under Phil Jackson? Just curious.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

Time zones exist

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Why do people care about home and road games?

Time zones exist homie

Every team is subject to time zone change. If we're worried about the new senior citizens on the team not getting enough rest on a back-to-back, well...then they should have thought about it when they signed them.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Why do people care about home and road games? Don't the Lakers have as good road record as home record? Staples Center is like a road game for the Lakers so they probably don't see a difference when playing there.

You mean during the pandemic? Hmm. I wonder why our home and road records were the same during the pandemic?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

All this talk about needing a 3-D wing got me thinking… is there any way we can try bringing back Brandon Ingram? I know dealing with the Pelicans FO can be tough but could a reunion be possible in the near future?
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
All this talk about needing a 3-D wing got me thinking… is there any way we can try bringing back Brandon Ingram? I know dealing with the Pelicans FO can be tough but could a reunion be possible in the near future?

LOL
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is pure genius. We can send Davis to the Pelicans for Ingram and the draft picks we gave them last time. I love it. Plot twist!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is pure genius. We can send Davis to the Pelicans for Ingram and the draft picks we gave them last time. I love it. Plot twist!

The sad thing is that NO wouldn’t trade Ingram straight up for AD.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

yeah. incompetence runs deep in the pelicans organization.

they are fully satisfied by being a bottom feeder
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

If Westbrook experiment doesn’t end up working out maybe a deal centered around Westbrook for Ingram and Graham? Lol
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

The Westbrook acquisition may not succeed, but it won’t be allowed to fail. My money is on the Lakers and Russ agreeing in an opt-out and resigning at a lower base salary but healthy total dollar amount after this season.

If things really don’t work out and he opts-in I suppose he’s a massive expiring contract next year. The League and Union have a mutual opt-out of the CBA after the 2022-23 season. It stands to reason that they may use that deadline to renegotiate (as opposed to a full opt-out). At any rate, clearing a large amount of salary before the new terms set in is probably a good thing, making a large expiring contract next year valuable.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
The Westbrook acquisition may not succeed, but it won’t be allowed to fail. My money is on the Lakers and Russ agreeing in an opt-out and resigning at a lower base salary but healthy total dollar amount after this season.

I wouldn't put any money on that until we see how this experiment works out.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

If things really don’t work out and he opts-in I suppose he’s a massive expiring contract next year. The League and Union have a mutual opt-out of the CBA after the 2022-23 season. It stands to reason that they may use that deadline to renegotiate (as opposed to a full opt-out). At any rate, clearing a large amount of salary before the new terms set in is probably a good thing, making a large expiring contract next year valuable.

Westbrook will be 34 after this season ends. If he is going to opt out of $47 million, he would want what? -- at least $90 million over three years? If you are the Lakers, not sure you want to commit a lot of money to Westbrook in his late 30s.

I doubt a $47 million expiring contract would be all that valuable to us. To use it, some team who have to have a player with a big salary they just want to be rid of that we really want.

Last edited by activeverb on Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

For real? He not top-75 now not as good as BI?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Next to Lonzo Ball, there is no one more overrated than BI. Good player, sure, but people talk about him likes he’s Dwayne Wade
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I never said wasn’t as good as Ingram, you offered that yourself. AD was a real dick when he left NO and there is no way they want him back.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I never said wasn’t as good as Ingram, you offered that yourself. AD was a real dick when he left NO and there is no way they want him back.

Oh ok, never know tho, look at us and Dwight, Bron and Cle owner
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Can we send them Westbrook instead
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7066, 7067, 7068 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7067 of 8560
Jump to: