OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7012, 7013, 7014 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
59s
Free agent Avery Bradley has agreed to a deal with the Golden State Warriors, sources tell me and @anthonyVslater
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
59s
Free agent Avery Bradley has agreed to a deal with the Golden State Warriors, sources tell me and @anthonyVslater

Seems like Av snagged that spot away from IT.

Quote:
Anthony Slater
@anthonyVslater

After a strong week of workouts with the Warriors, I'm told Isaiah Thomas left town without a deal commitment and the belief is he will seek out a more clear opportunity to make a team elsewhere, as the Warriors prioritize wing and frontcourt depth.

And in other ex-Laker news...WesJohnson & BShaw to link up with TyLue on the cLips bench.

Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk @NotoriousOHM

Clippers announce the additions of Brian Shaw, Jay Larranaga, Wesley Johnson and Cookie Belcher to Ty Lue’s coaching staff along with the promotion of Shaun Fein to assistant coach.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject:

Man, been arguing with my Knick fan friend, anyway, for the next 2 yr, WB > Ben Simmons
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

Warriors are trying to create a team that can go up against the Lakers and other teams who have good scorers, Bradley and his tenacious defense is exactly what they need to throw at guys like Carmelo Anthony and Joe Harris and other good scorers, it’s a very nice pick up for the Warriors as long as they are getting a motivated Bradley.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Warriors are trying to create a team that can go up against the Lakers and other teams who have good scorers, Bradley and his tenacious defense is exactly what they need to throw at guys like Carmelo Anthony and Joe Harris and other good scorers, it’s a very nice pick up for the Warriors as long as they are getting a motivated Bradley.

I agree with the sentiment that some other people have expressed: There seems to be something going on with Bradley that isn't apparent from the face of things. He has now played for six teams since leaving the Celtics. The Warriors will make seven. He doesn't stick anywhere. I'm not sure what's up with him.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Melo will eat him alive in the post. Theyd prob put him on WB
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I agree with the sentiment that some other people have expressed: There seems to be something going on with Bradley that isn't apparent from the face of things. He has now played for six teams since leaving the Celtics. The Warriors will make seven. He doesn't stick anywhere. I'm not sure what's up with him.

If you look at the games he has played the last few years you will find out why he keeps hopping on every team, he gets injured a lot and can’t stay on the floor.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
NBA Central: Giannis says LeBron is still the best player in the world “I’m not the best player in the world. I am telling you, I’m not. KD, LeBron, Kawhi, Luka, Curry, AD might be. I am not. I’m still hunting the All-Time Greats. LeBron is still the best player in the world” (@Eurohoops) pic.twitter.com/waI9LxtS6a – via Twitter TheNBACentral

Greek says AD is better than him.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Quote:
NBA Central: Giannis says LeBron is still the best player in the world “I’m not the best player in the world. I am telling you, I’m not. KD, LeBron, Kawhi, Luka, Curry, AD might be. I am not. I’m still hunting the All-Time Greats. LeBron is still the best player in the world” (@Eurohoops) pic.twitter.com/waI9LxtS6a – via Twitter TheNBACentral

AD, Luka… those are polite taunt, humble Giannis is da man. Actually sounds more like Giannis don’t give a damn about individual stuff, just chips
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Quote:

AD, Luka… those are polite taunt, humble Giannis is da man. Actually sounds more like Giannis don’t give a damn about individual stuff, just chips

I just thought it was a very media-friendly answer. No one can criticize you for praising the other superstars and downplaying yourself. Who knows what Giannis really thinks, or whether he even thinks about this stuff at all?
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Bradley is a “name” only. Anthony and Harris would have him for lunch. Non impact signing.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
NBA denies Andrew Wiggins' request for religious exemption from COVID-19 vaccine

Kurt Helin: The NBA has chosen to deny Andrew Wiggins request for a religious exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination. That means Wiggins will not be able to play in Warriors home games until he is vaccinated. – via Twitter basketballtalk

Denied
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Swagron12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Bradley is a “name” only. Anthony and Harris would have him for lunch. Non impact signing.

Like I said in the above post, he has hardly played in the last couple of years if the Warriors medical staff can work there magic with him and he plays 60-65 games then they are gonna end up getting a solid difference maker.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Quote:
NBA denies Andrew Wiggins' request for religious exemption from COVID-19 vaccine

Kurt Helin: The NBA has chosen to deny Andrew Wiggins request for a religious exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination. That means Wiggins will not be able to play in Warriors home games until he is vaccinated. – via Twitter basketballtalk

Denied

good. He can enjoy his FreeDumb at home
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Quote:

Denied

Is that grounds for the team to not pay him for the games missed?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
@BleacherReport
The Warriors have "increasing concern" about the availability of Andrew Wiggins due to local COVID-19 mandates, per
@Rusty_SFChron

He has declined getting the vaccine and said he won't receive it unless he's forced to.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1440876243466047488

@RealGM
Andrew Wiggins Remains Against COVID-19 Vaccination, Could Miss Home Games
https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1440858054526914561

Okay so Simmons is going to the Warriors

Enjoy Philly, Wiggins.

Wouldn’t the entertainment exemption that the Emmys used apply there?

Emmys were in LA. This is SF County.

And everyone at the Emmys had to be vaccinated or show a clean test. NBA arenas not doing this with fans so they wouldn’t be able to qualify for it.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Quote:

Denied

i hope so. regular people are losing jobs if the company mandates for having everybody vaccinated
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Quote:

Denied

Yes. Paychecks are withheld for games missed. Only exceptions is for injuries.

So Wiggins's freedom could cost him as much as ~15.8 mil. And i honestly wonder if the team wouldn't just bench him completely. Playing a dude only on away games would mess up rotations and i'm sure the rest of the team has to be annoyed with him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Quote:

Denied

So Wiggins's freedom could cost him as much as ~15.8 mil. And i honestly wonder if the team wouldn't just bench him completely. Playing a dude only on away games would mess up rotations and i'm sure the rest of the team has to be annoyed with him.

Pretty sure the Lakers were also annoyed with how Dennis Schroeder and his camp handled the COVID situation this past year by not following the rules, Warriors should DNP him until they get rid of him in a trade.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha
Free agent James Ennis worked out for the Lakers this week, sources tell
@TheAthleticNBA

As Lakers vice president of basketball operations and general manager Rob Pelinka said on Thursday, the team is looking to fill its 14th roster spot by training camp next Tuesday.
10:04 AM · Sep 24, 2021 from Los Angeles, CA·Twitter for iPhone

Yes about (bleep) time!!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Car54 wrote:

I'm not so sure about that. You may be right, but this is going to be governed by the CBA. I'm not going to dig through the CBA to figure it out, because I expect that someone in the media will do the work for us.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Car54 wrote:

I'm not so sure about that. You may be right, but this is going to be governed by the CBA. I'm not going to dig through the CBA to figure it out, because I expect that someone in the media will do the work for us.

If they have to pay him for the games he doesn't play, i think he 100% gets DNPed for the season. That would foster major resentment among his teammates if he's getting a game check same as them to not play.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Clippers can use Andrew Wiggins offense while they can slowly bring KL back from his ACL injury.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Perhaps the most demonstrative case of personality over basketball fit is the decision the Lakers made to bring in DeAndre Jordan instead of returning Marc Gasol. While Gasol told reporters in the summer that he planned to return, multiple sources told Southern California News Group that he had expressed that he wasn’t sure he’d be willing to play another NBA season as early as the Lakers’ playoff exit. Gasol entertained doubt well into the offseason, at which point the Lakers decided to go with Jordan, saving money off their luxury tax bill and ensuring they’d bring in a veteran who was definitely motivated to try to win a ring.

On paper, Jordan does not fit with the Lakers as well as Gasol does. The coaching staff expected Davis would play more center during the regular season this year, but Jordan’s addition signals a return to the two-big formations of the 2019-20 season, as Pelinka confirmed on Thursday. Even with two bigs, Gasol’s 3-point shooting and capable (if not agile) defense was a better basketball arrangement to create space for Davis than Jordan’s rim-running and shot-blocking skillset (which has diminished in recent years). A person in the Lakers organization acknowledged that Gasol would be a useful piece for the upcoming season, but also told SCNG: “We need guys that are fully bought in.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/09/24/how-the-lakers-have-changed-their-approach-to-chemistry-this-offseason/

Sounds consistent with the noise we were hearing about Gasol's situation. We needed to purge the disgruntled, even the less obvious suspects.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps the most demonstrative case of personality over basketball fit is the decision the Lakers made to bring in DeAndre Jordan instead of returning Marc Gasol. While Gasol told reporters in the summer that he planned to return, multiple sources told Southern California News Group that he had expressed that he wasn’t sure he’d be willing to play another NBA season as early as the Lakers’ playoff exit. Gasol entertained doubt well into the offseason, at which point the Lakers decided to go with Jordan, saving money off their luxury tax bill and ensuring they’d bring in a veteran who was definitely motivated to try to win a ring.

On paper, Jordan does not fit with the Lakers as well as Gasol does. The coaching staff expected Davis would play more center during the regular season this year, but Jordan’s addition signals a return to the two-big formations of the 2019-20 season, as Pelinka confirmed on Thursday. Even with two bigs, Gasol’s 3-point shooting and capable (if not agile) defense was a better basketball arrangement to create space for Davis than Jordan’s rim-running and shot-blocking skillset (which has diminished in recent years). A person in the Lakers organization acknowledged that Gasol would be a useful piece for the upcoming season, but also told SCNG: “We need guys that are fully bought in.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/09/24/how-the-lakers-have-changed-their-approach-to-chemistry-this-offseason/

Sounds consistent with the noise we were hearing about Gasol's situation. We needed to purge the disgruntled, even the less obvious suspects.

DeAndre fits fine with what we want to do.. Javale showed what that looks like. Question is if he's washed or will be revived in a new situation.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7012, 7013, 7014 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7013 of 8560
Jump to: