OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6471, 6472, 6473 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Raptors said no to Dennis/KCP.

Lakers didn't want to do Dennis/KCP/THT.

So what exactly are we offering the Raps for Lowry again that the Raps would take, especially given the likely chance that they draft a guard Thursday and have FVV already there?

At that time, Lowry was not a free agent. They could hold on to him. Now, he is and he can walk for nothing. If he says Lakers.....than its Lakers or Toronto is left with an empty bag.

The issue is salary matching. One report says Lowry wants 30m/year for 3 years.

It would probably be better for the Raps to let him walk for nothing rather than have a S&T Dennis (hard capped) and other salaries. They could have upwards of 25m+ in cap space if they let Lowry walk.

They can always flip what we send them. They are assets. Its the reason why the Lakers are most definitely gonna sign Shroeder, whether they keep him or not. He is an asset, that can be flipped. Losing free agents for nothing is the quickest way to set you franchise back unless, you are trying to clear your books for a big time splash.

So they'll take an offer that they rejected, overpay Dennis (whom they don't need with FVV and the 4th pick, and if anything, they have up to 25m in cap space they can use to try to get someone better), and whatever Lakers salary flotsam? I don't see it.

Much easier to let him walk, and start the rebuild without encumbrances.

You keep going back to the "trade that they rejected" point. The circumstances were different then. The Raptors have no leverage now.

It matters b/c they DO have leverage. Do nothing, and get a massive amount of cap space to rebuild. They do not have to S&T Lowry at all.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Quote:
Hoop Central
@TheHoopCentral
·
2m
Report: Wizards GM Tommy Sheppard says there has been NO request for a trade from Bradley Beal, via @FredKatz

ok so no westbrook i think

Just because he hasn’t requested a trade NOW doesn’t mean he won’t later today or tomorrow night, most of these stories are fabricated.

If Washington is telling Beal they have a max offer for him next summer, he would be foolish to push for a trade. I get the fan perspective of thinking players should be willing to sacrifice for a chance to win. But the dollars we are talking about these days are WAY more important. Plus, getting your money doesn’t mean you can’t eventually get your destination. Lillard is in that process right now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So what exactly are we offering the Raps for Lowry again that the Raps would take, especially given the likely chance that they draft a guard Thursday and have FVV already there?

At that time, Lowry was not a free agent. They could hold on to him. Now, he is and he can walk for nothing. If he says Lakers.....than its Lakers or Toronto is left with an empty bag.

It would probably be better for the Raps to let him walk for nothing rather than have a S&T Dennis (hard capped) and other salaries. They could have upwards of 25m+ in cap space if they let Lowry walk.

They can always flip what we send them. They are assets. Its the reason why the Lakers are most definitely gonna sign Shroeder, whether they keep him or not. He is an asset, that can be flipped. Losing free agents for nothing is the quickest way to set you franchise back unless, you are trying to clear your books for a big time splash.

So they'll take an offer that they rejected, overpay Dennis (whom they don't need with FVV and the 4th pick, and if anything, they have up to 25m in cap space they can use to try to get someone better), and whatever Lakers salary flotsam? I don't see it.

Much easier to let him walk, and start the rebuild without encumbrances.

You keep going back to the "trade that they rejected" point. The circumstances were different then. The Raptors have no leverage now.

The Raptors are going to do what is best for the Raptors, not Lowry. Those things could coincide or they could be vastly different. If they can help Kyle out while pursuing their own interests then I am sure they will. After paying Van Vleet I don’t think that adding a high salary Schroder is in their best interests.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Robster8989 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But Lowry is now a FA, so the Raps don't have a lot of leverage.
If he went to Ujiri and said I want you to S&T me to the Lakers I believe Ujiri would do him justice, and get a few decent pieces in return. KCP's contract is really good right now. Reasonable one year with a TO for the 2nd (making it immensi[y tradable), and getting a first rounder for a teram in rebuild is not a bad thing. McKinnie's deal in non guaranteed so they could keep him of just buy him out.
The question is would Lowry take 3-60 or thereabouts? I'ts very likely a paycut compared to other offers he gets.
But if he wants to team back up with DD, and compete for championships, who knows?

KCP doesn't even get you halfway to Lowry's alleged demand of 3 years, 90m.

It would require Dennis to want to go to the Raps, and the Raps being ok with overpaying Dennis.

Not suggesting 3-90.
Suggesting if his price falls, we may be able to offer like 3-60, with a first year of 19ish. KCP, McKinnie and the pick would total about 18, so it would work, unlikely a scenario as it may be.

He reportedly wanted a 2 year, 50m extension if he was traded.

Other reports say he wants 30m/year for 3 years NOW.

So coming in with 20m/year may not be what he is looking for at this time. I think a team like Miami could be a landing spot, where they have cap space and trade assets they could send to a rebuilding Toronto.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
carjoch831 wrote:
Quote:
NBA Central
@TheNBACentral
Report: Lakers officials worried LeBron James and Anthony Davis’ window may be shorter than originally anticipated

Stuff is just popping up outta nowhere now!

AD and Bron in my humble opinion, had a 3 year window at MOST. That is why when we made the trade, I was hoping we get one title out of it. That was all my expectation ever was, and the fact that it worked out right away made it great for me. Sure there is a chance that Bron can be like Tom Brady and AD will age like Tim Duncan. But it is not something I expect. AD is a high injury guy. Bron has great IQ, however he has won rings as being the best guard in the playoffs, never less.

So I am grateful we even got one, and anything we get on top of this, is gravy. It is even more important to me, that we make a great set of short term moves this next year, that do not kill the cap situation for longer than 1-2 years. I think this coming year is the last realistic run LBJ could have. I may be wrong, but my expectations were 3 years when AD arrived. We are heading into year 3.

Of course if we built a super team, and added someone who is a top 5 player in the league, ok. How realistic is that ... not very.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Quote:
Hoop Central
@TheHoopCentral
·
2m
Report: Wizards GM Tommy Sheppard says there has been NO request for a trade from Bradley Beal, via @FredKatz

ok so no westbrook i think

Just because he hasn’t requested a trade NOW doesn’t mean he won’t later today or tomorrow night, most of these stories are fabricated.

If Washington is telling Beal they have a max offer for him next summer, he would be foolish to push for a trade. I get the fan perspective of thinking players should be willing to sacrifice for a chance to win. But the dollars we are talking about these days are WAY more important. Plus, getting your money doesn’t mean you can’t eventually get your destination. Lillard is in that process right now.

Bradley Beal sees the players on Team USA and knows he is probably 1 of the few who has had the least success in the NBA, you do know that it’s not just the Wizards that can offer him a contract right? Any team that trades for him is eligible to give him a extension even if it’s not super max it’s still money.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

I’d say this upcoming season will be the last one LeBon plays at a near prime level. So the tweet was correct, the LBJ/AD is coming to a close sooner than most of you think but I think it’s true. It’s now for the front office to realize that and start plan for the ?/AD era.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Robster8989 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If he went to Ujiri and said I want you to S&T me to the Lakers I believe Ujiri would do him justice, and get a few decent pieces in return. KCP's contract is really good right now. Reasonable one year with a TO for the 2nd (making it immensi[y tradable), and getting a first rounder for a teram in rebuild is not a bad thing. McKinnie's deal in non guaranteed so they could keep him of just buy him out.
The question is would Lowry take 3-60 or thereabouts? I'ts very likely a paycut compared to other offers he gets.
But if he wants to team back up with DD, and compete for championships, who knows?

KCP doesn't even get you halfway to Lowry's alleged demand of 3 years, 90m.

It would require Dennis to want to go to the Raps, and the Raps being ok with overpaying Dennis.

I wouldn't pay 90 million for 35 year old Lowry. Posters in this thread are talking about LeBron's age. It doesn't make sense to me to get an aging PG. If the Lakers are gonna spend that kind of money why not go after youth and spread it out. Shore up our permeter shooting along with a young PG, e.g. Lonzo Ball? I'm probably alone on this, :island:dump Vogel.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject:

back again today annnnnd, nada again....
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject:

Here’s an idea of what other teams want for their stars...
Quote:
The Philadelphia 76ers wanted four first-round draft picks, three pick swaps, and a young player from the Spurs in exchange for Ben Simmons, per
@KevinOConnorNBA

So even if we’re there to scavenger around the eventual Beal exodus from the Wiz, I doubt Russ comes dirt cheap to us. THT most likely has to go the other way along with whatever picks we have left at that point.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
I’d say this upcoming season will be the last one LeBon plays at a near prime level. So the tweet was correct, the LBJ/AD is coming to a close sooner than most of you think but I think it’s true. It’s now for the front office to realize that and start plan for the ?/AD era.

Agree...Bron will start showing signs of being a step slower....people expected him to really turn it up against Phoenix in the play-offs...even expecting a possible 51 point game like the GS finals....He can't do that anymore...he's still a great player...but no way he can do it for 82 games. The FO should explore a potential 3rd star that can provide some rest and wear and tear on Bron. Not so dependent on him exclusively.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:

If he went to Ujiri and said I want you to S&T me to the Lakers I believe Ujiri would do him justice, and get a few decent pieces in return.

The Raptors leverage is they could just let Lowry walk and have $27 million or more in cap space to sign free agents.

So any players they are offered in a sign-and-trade have to be more appealing to them than free agents they can sign outright.

Their other option is to sign guys to one-year contracts and preserve cap space for next year.

So losing Lowry for nothing isn't an issue for them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

I think with the extended rest LBJ is getting (while others are playing in the Olympics or had a long playoff run into July), he will be a top 7 player this year.

The key is to get him someone who can help score easier and facilitate. Not necessarily a pure point guard, as I think he will want to control the rock more as he ages, probably so he doesn't have to sprint up the court LOL during a fastbreak.

This is why I can sort of understand kicking the rocks on DROZ or WB, though the latter at 44m is so difficult to match.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Robster8989 wrote:

If he went to Ujiri and said I want you to S&T me to the Lakers I believe Ujiri would do him justice, and get a few decent pieces in return.

The Raptors leverage is they could just let Lowry walk and have $27 million or more in cap space to sign free agents.

So any players they are offered in a sign-and-trade have to be more appealing to them than free agents they can sign outright.

Their other option is to sign guys to one-year contracts and preserve cap space for next year.

So losing Lowry for nothing isn't an issue for them.

Yup. If that was the driving factor, they would have just taken Dennis/KCP at the trade deadline but they didn't. So I think they will look for other trade partners or siphon up as much cap space to start a rebuild. They have the 4th pick too, plus a decently young nucleus. They won a championship recently so I don't see Ujiri feeling any pressure to win right now.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Agree...Bron will start showing signs of being a step slower....people expected him to really turn it up against Phoenix in the play-offs...even expecting a possible 51 point game like the GS finals....He can't do that anymore...he's still a great player...but no way he can do it for 82 games. The FO should explore a potential 3rd star that can provide some rest and wear and tear on Bron. Not so dependent on him exclusively.

Lebron hasn't been at his physical prime since his groin injury with the Lakers. You can even argue he was never at his physical prime while on the Lakers. But more importantly, is he elite?

The answer to that question is yes. And if you have elite AD and elite Lebron, that window is open. What the original tweet doesnt tell us is, what was the expectation? Most here figured we'd have to find a guy to take Lebron's place around 2023 no?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It matters b/c they DO have leverage. Do nothing, and get a massive amount of cap space to rebuild. They do not have to S&T Lowry at all.

Yep, same as the Spurs. If we offer them something they want, they can take it. If we offer them something they don't want, they can wave goodbye to Lowry and spend their cap space on something that they do want. Based on what they did last year, they would probably be looking for THT or draft assets. Who knows? This could be why we were reportedly talking to the Warriors about the #14 pick.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think with the extended rest LBJ is getting (while others are playing in the Olympics or had a long playoff run into July), he will be a top 7 player this year.

That's actually a depressing thought. If he's not playing at an MVP level, the title window may already be closed unless we pull off a home run trade.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

It would be dope if NO got Lowry and we got Zo. I like that, but it doesn't mean what I like is beneficial for the team, even if I feel so. So what we get, I'll role with it because I'm not all knowing and who knows what will work and what won't, until the season gets underway. But I would prefer going after in order Zo, Ben Simmons, Russ, then Lowry. I'm not a fan of getting order, I'm a fan of getting younger for building blocks towards the future. Also Zo is a really good playmaker and improved shooter. So that takes Bron off the ball so much and elevates his career. Zo is also stellar ons defense.. I think the only thing is, is the injury problem, which o don't know if it is an actual problem. A problem to me is like AD or Kyrie, but I think Zo fits our team better than Lowry.

I would also like to get Dwight back. I don't know if we are trying to retain Drummond, but I feel Dwight fits us better. So does Javele. That tandem to me was perfect.

In the draft, I like BJ Boston. I don't know about his work ethic or mentality because that is really telling how far he'd go.
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's actually a depressing thought. If he's not playing at an MVP level, the title window may already be closed unless we pull off a home run trade.

regular season Lebron will be top 7. Playoff Lebron will be top 3, don't worry.
End of prime stars stepping up in the playoffs is common, and Bron should do the same
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

not if ad is in DPOY and /or MVP conversation
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Injuries derailed us from getting through the regular season slog.

But I think a top 7 player in LBJ plus what AD provided in the Bubble playoffs is still a championship core. But the key is AD, who really never took off due to injuries.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

King Randle wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

You pretty much just described why Westbrook would be the perfect fit! Fills in for Lebron's aggressive drives allowing Lebron to become more of a spot shooter in years to come.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

jodeke wrote:
I wouldn't pay 90 million for 35 year old Lowry. Posters in this thread are talking about LeBron's age. It doesn't make sense to me to get an aging PG. If the Lakers are gonna spend that kind of money why not go after youth and spread it out. Shore up our permeter shooting along with a young PG, e.g. Lonzo Ball? I'm probably alone on this, :island:dump Vogel.

We're pot-committed with Lebron. Having dumped all of our young players other than Kuzma, THT, and Caruso, it doesn't make sense to start a youth movement. I would be less than enthusiastic about a deal that gives Lowry $30M for three years. It sounds too much like the Steve Nash deal. But I would understand it, just like I understood the Steve Nash deal.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
It would be dope if NO got Lowry and we got Zo. I like that, but it doesn't mean what I like is beneficial for the team, even if I feel so. So what we get, I'll role with it because I'm not all knowing and who knows what will work and what won't, until the season gets underway. But I would prefer going after in order Zo, Ben Simmons, Russ, then Lowry. I'm not a fan of getting order, I'm a fan of getting younger for building blocks towards the future. Also Zo is a really good playmaker and improved shooter. So that takes Bron off the ball so much and elevates his career. Zo is also stellar ons defense.. I think the only thing is, is the injury problem, which o don't know if it is an actual problem. A problem to me is like AD or Kyrie, but I think Zo fits our team better than Lowry.

I would also like to get Dwight back. I don't know if we are trying to retain Drummond, but I feel Dwight fits us better. So does Javele. That tandem to me was perfect.

In the draft, I like BJ Boston. I don't know about his work ethic or mentality because that is really telling how far he'd go.

zo hasnt had a good coach yet. Imagine his defense under vogel. add to that hes hitting 3s at his UCLA rate . its over for the league if we get him
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject:

Woj:

Quote:
ESPN Sources: Sixers continue to canvass the league for Ben Simmons trades — armed with a steep asking price. Simmons and his agent, Klutch CEO Rich Paul, are in step with a move elsewhere. Draft night is always an ideal vehicle for a deal, but talks could continue into summer.

Tell me something we don't know.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6471, 6472, 6473 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 6472 of 8560
Jump to: