OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5771, 5772, 5773 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
The Nets are using one of their veteran minimum contract slots to sign Blake Griffin per @wojespn, leaving them with both the Spencer Dinwiddie disabled player exception ($5.7M prorated) and the taxpayer midlevel exception ($5.7M prorated).

Damn...that's potentially major.

No doubt. They are in the driver’s seat for this season’s trade and buyout deadlines.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Let’s see what Pelinka has up his sleeve
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
The Nets are using one of their veteran minimum contract slots to sign Blake Griffin per @wojespn, leaving them with both the Spencer Dinwiddie disabled player exception ($5.7M prorated) and the taxpayer midlevel exception ($5.7M prorated).

Yea I figured Blake signing hurt drummond chances. Apparently not.

I am confident in Pelinka. 100% confident.
If Lebron, AD, Jeanie and Pelinka want this team to defend the title, they will do what they can to improve the club. We can’t control what other teams do, including the stupid Nets. They are buying a championship...good for them. I am confident in Pelinka, that’s all I know.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

No doubt. They are in the driver’s seat for this season’s trade and buyout deadlines.

Yea they still have Dinwiddie who are rumored... But I wonder if they lose DPE if they trade him this season?
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

A few years back these guys were leading the Clippers, Rockets & Thunder. Playing against each other in the PO, now all on the same team plus Kyrie and maybe Drummond.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Yea I figured Blake signing hurt drummond chances. Apparently not.

I am confident in Pelinka. 100% confident.
If Lebron, AD, Jeanie and Pelinka want this team to defend the title, they will do what they can to improve the club. We can’t control what other teams do, including the stupid Nets. They are buying a championship...good for them. I am confident in Pelinka, that’s all I know.

I agree some things are out of your control. Some teams have more assets or can offer a player a better situation. That said, LBJ won’t be quiet. He’s chasing rings with his career winding down, and if there is a weakness him and Rob will be talking. Like I said some things are out of the teams control, but I don’t think Rob or LBJ will just ride into the playoffs without trying to better the team. If a player becomes available that can do that is yet I’m sure the lakers will try their best.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject:

The Nets basically let KD and Kyrie rest for 1+ seasons. It’s going to be a tough task because of the circumstances: short offseason and the most rested star players vs. one with a ton of mileage and another that is trying to get healthy before go time.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Brooklyn looks like the team to beat if they stay healthy. I would say Lakers but the short turnaround to the season is going to be tough to overcome.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Brooklyn looks like the team to beat if they stay healthy. I would say Lakers but the short turnaround to the season is going to be tough to overcome.

With then having to get past Embidd and the sixers I really think they are going to get Drummond.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The Nets basically let KD and Kyrie rest for 1+ seasons. It’s going to be a tough task because of the circumstances: short offseason and the most rested star players vs. one with a ton of mileage and another that is trying to get healthy before go time.

Yeah I have the Nets as the favorite to win it all but that can change depending how the Lakers look after the ASB and what move Pelinka pulls off.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject:

I hate to beat the dead horse, but the lack of shooting beyond the arc has hurt recently. If those shots fall a little more and our defense continues to play like it is the sky is the limit for this team.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

KD is getting a ton of rest this season as well. The worst part is they've won pretty much every game he's missed.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Just a thought

Id be glad if blake goes to nets as I dont think he adds anything (other than if we meet nets in finals you just know griffin will have at least on 5-8 from 3 game to spite the lakers)

AD and Drummond - same draft class

Saw an article (reliability unknown) suggesting at least in 2015 Drummond considered AD a friend

Another article suggests Drummond sick of disloyalty from teams (pistons, cavs)

(These articles available if you search “andre drummond anthony davis”)

Lakers do have a rep of being one of the more loyal teams to its players. If he is sold on coming here to form a team (as a rebounder /d anchor big) with AD...just saying😎👍

Blake does add another dimension of playmaking for the Nets imo, not to mention his timely 3s against us if we do meet yea

It feels like everyone on the Nets is a sniper. If the defense forces Blake to shoot long 3's instead of anybody else on the Nets then then that is a win.

Yeah, exactly what I was saying earlier. I get the signing for them especially at the minimum but anytime he's in the game the opposing team will love seeing him take any shots over the other guys on the floor (not like he still has elite athleticism and will be dunking which I think some people are envisioning from there memory of long, long ago Blake). If they use him as a small ball center that's great news for opposing teams as well on the defensive end.

The amount they still have left to spend is the bigger possible issue though. Blake doesn't move the needle at all imo.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

I wish we had Chris Paul
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I wish we had Chris Paul

He’s a big time difference maker every where he goes that team always contends for a playoff spot and to make it more obvious he has turned the Suns into a WC powerhouse.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Anyone else want to hand Brooklyn the title? Houston got nothing for Harden except to save money. Griffin gets bought out with 1 1/2 seasons left. Maybe someone will give up their really good 6th man and trade him for a bucket of water.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Anyone else want to hand Brooklyn the title? Houston got nothing for Harden except to save money. Griffin gets bought out with 1 1/2 seasons left. Maybe someone will give up their really good 6th man and trade him for a bucket of water.

perhaps non-contenders are just tired of seeing the Lakers win lol
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Houston controls the Nets draft for like 7 years or something, with no pick protections. I wouldn’t call that nothing.
RowellGboy7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

I’m still betting on Lebron in the finals. I think we have enough to win it all
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

RowellGboy7 wrote:
I’m still betting on Lebron in the finals. I think we have enough to win it all
assuming healthy who guards AD.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

nothing.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

nothing.

I won’t be surprised Outspoken, if we do nothing I still think this team has what it takes but it’s gonna be tough, everyone is aiming to take us down, it’s gonna take great performances by AD and LeBron for us to repeat.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

just hand the nets the title, they are beyond talented at this point and might add Drummond.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
When i suggested Blake when the furst buyout rumor dropped, everyone said “no he’s washed.” Now that he’s on the Nets we acting like they just got dunk contest Blake.

EXACTLY!!!!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I don't see how we (or anyone) can contain the Nets. That offense on an off night is an easy 110. Most other teams off night's look more like somewhere in 90's.

The easy way to justify us beating them is asking 'who guards AD'. And that's true but with the way they spread the floor and play with pace. which team hs enough defenders who can stay one on one across the board? Otherwise, teams are doubling and they end scrambling and ultimately buried. And while I love Frank, he does have a tendency to over help on great ISO players. I've never understood that. Just play straight up whenever possible and no let no name guys become heroes by doubling stars. For the Nets, pick your poison on who you want to double bc they have 2 other stars who can drop 50 easily and efficiently.

Let's see how the buyouts go but we need some help and more importantly, we need health.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5771, 5772, 5773 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5772 of 8560
Jump to: