OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5751, 5752, 5753 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LaMelo should be a future Laker.

Yes!

We need to offer LaVar Ball a summer home, travel expense, and a marketing campaign bigger than what Uncle Dennis got from the Clippers!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
With the new 2 way rules (being allowed to be played in playoffs), goodbye Kostas. I would use that spot to find the next Caruso (who is a FA this summer). Even Cacok might be a goner too and maybe gamble on a big wing defender.

Is there really a long term future for Kostas (terrible player) and Cacok (ok, but another undersized big)?

None for both. Honestly i expected kostas to show flashes this season, but he still hasnt shown any signs of improvement. Cacok still needs to either be an above average scorer like trez or to develop an outside shot.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
LaMelo should be a future Laker.

Yes!

We need to offer LaVar Ball a summer home, travel expense, and a marketing campaign bigger than what Uncle Dennis got from the Clippers!

Lonzo starting to pan out. Seems like some players need a few years to develop. Who knew? I have a feeling they will unite somewhere down the line.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
With the new 2 way rules (being allowed to be played in playoffs), goodbye Kostas. I would use that spot to find the next Caruso (who is a FA this summer). Even Cacok might be a goner too and maybe gamble on a big wing defender.

Is there really a long term future for Kostas (terrible player) and Cacok (ok, but another undersized big)?

Agree completely....
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agree completely....

any undrafted 6'6"-6'8" wings in G-league who's 'projectable'?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject:

So I saw a ridiculous trade idea... THT and a 2nd round pick for Wayne Ellington.. reason for the trade would be because we are one of the teams who are at the bottom 3pt shooting teams.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Tres Tinkle time! How about a flier on Alize Johnson?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
So I saw a ridiculous trade idea... THT and a 2nd round pick for Wayne Ellington.. reason for the trade would be because we are one of the teams who are at the bottom 3pt shooting teams.

I thought Magic quit?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Magic would do that trade for sure if he was still POBO, a better trade would be getting both Ellington and Josh Jackson.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
deal wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agree completely....

any undrafted 6'6"-6'8" wings in G-league who's 'projectable'?

Louis King
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
No idea why the Rockets didnt keep Allen in that trade. Wood can play the 4.

They're morons. They could have had a package of Simmons + Thybulle + Picks but wanted to spite Morey. Then they could have kept Allen and demanded Dinwiddie but instead took crap.

They didn't keep Allen because he will likely command a max contract this summer and they don't want to pay him that. Silas also likes Wood at the 5.

I woulda preferred the Simmons package but that = $$, and the owner cleared salary and went the draft picks route. Philly was limited on how many picks they could offer. For comparison, I don't think Simmons could be flipped for as much draft capital as the Rockets received. I'd rather have the proven thing, but if going the draft route they got a lot of draft capital. Mostly unprotected as well.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Give a 2-way to Wade Baldwin. Not sure if his season overseas is finished.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Some of theses names remind me of some no name Alt Coins that are poised for the Moon. 😆
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
2019 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
No idea why the Rockets didnt keep Allen in that trade. Wood can play the 4.

They're morons. They could have had a package of Simmons + Thybulle + Picks but wanted to spite Morey. Then they could have kept Allen and demanded Dinwiddie but instead took crap.

They didn't keep Allen because he will likely command a max contract this summer and they don't want to pay him that. Silas also likes Wood at the 5.

I woulda preferred the Simmons package but that = $$, and the owner cleared salary and went the draft picks route. Philly was limited on how many picks they could offer. For comparison, I don't think Simmons could be flipped for as much draft capital as the Rockets received. I'd rather have the proven thing, but if going the draft route they got a lot of draft capital. Mostly unprotected as well.

Unfortunately the Rockets are like watching a glorified Gleague team. Hope they rebound.

Should have at least kept LeVert. Salary is reasonable. Talent ++.

Woods easily gets muscled. Will be worn down over the course of a season. Doesn't look like he has put on much muscle/weight since college. Allen would have complemented Woods perfectly.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Some of theses names remind me of some no name Alt Coins that are poised for the Moon. 😆

In reality if the Lakers need the services of a 2-way player then this team is f*****.

However if used right then you can build depth and maybe find a gem. Need to follow the Raptors model.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

In reality if the Lakers need the services of a 2-way player then this team is f*****.

However if used right then you can build depth and maybe find a gem. Need to follow the Raptors model.

I don't know if there is really a model. You're talking about guys who have played in the NBA three years or less, that no team is willing to invest a minimum contract on. Sure, everyone would love to find a gem, but the vast majority of D league guys never turn into anything. If you could really tell they were a gem they wouldn't be in the D league in the first place.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Using the last 2 way spots are good to find the next Alex Caruso. I think we've seen enough from Cacok/Kostas to know they are unlikely to be future pieces. Maybe I might keep Cacok but Kostas is 2 years away from being 4 years away. Why not use that spot on someone who we can see panning out as a bench player down the road?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I don't know if there is really a model. You're talking about guys who have played in the NBA three years or less, that no team is willing to invest a minimum contract on. Sure, everyone would love to find a gem, but the vast majority of D league guys never turn into anything. If you could really tell they were a gem they wouldn't be in the D league in the first place.

This is such a strange take when Alex Caruso plays a key role on a championship team on a dirt cheap contract.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Sure the majority of players in minor league systems never make it to the highest level of competition but year in year out there are hidden talents that break through.

The Gleague is just another tool to further identify talent. College at times constrains players abilities/skills given the system they run and the restraints they have. Under more NBA type conditions additional talent surfaces.

No one does it better than the Raptors who not only use the Gleague to identify talent but to develop them. See FVV and Boucher and a number of their players got seasoned in the Gleague.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Using the last 2 way spots are good to find the next Alex Caruso. I think we've seen enough from Cacok/Kostas to know they are unlikely to be future pieces. Maybe I might keep Cacok but Kostas is 2 years away from being 4 years away. Why not use that spot on someone who we can see panning out as a bench player down the road?

I stated this multiple times in the recent past. However I realize there is diplomacy that needs to be considered in relations with agents. Otherwise you become the Celtics and Ainge who from my perspective has burned a few bridges.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

This is such a strange take when Alex Caruso plays a key role on a championship team on a dirt cheap contract.

I don't see your point.

As I said, there are a small handful of D league players who have panned out (of course, I am not referring to players who were drafted and assigned to the D league while under contract to an NBA team).

Caruso is one of that small handful who panned out.

But that doesn't happen often, and that doesn't mean we have some formula to identify the next Alex Caruso.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Unfortunately the Rockets are like watching a glorified Gleague team. Hope they rebound.

Hopefully not this year. We need that top 4 pick.

PlantedTanks wrote:
Should have at least kept LeVert. Salary is reasonable. Talent ++.

If they can't get anything for Oladipo then trading him was a mistake.

PlantedTanks wrote:
Woods easily gets muscled. Will be worn down over the course of a season. Doesn't look like he has put on much muscle/weight since college. Allen would have complemented Woods perfectly.

Allen isn't worth the max he is going to get, especially not from a team going into tank mode. Plus he had to be traded to get rid of the other salary the Cavs took on.

Porter looks nice though. That's where the hope lies.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I stated this multiple times in the recent past. However I realize there is diplomacy that needs to be considered in relations with agents. Otherwise you become the Celtics and Ainge who from my perspective has burned a few bridges.

Giannis signed his extension months ago. I think it's ok now to cut him off. Giannis won't be a free agent for nearly half a decade.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Why is this thread mostly about the Rockets, Lonzo and BI?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Why is this thread mostly about the Rockets, Lonzo and BI?

ok, let's bring it back to whiteside lol (still won't mind flipping McKinney for him)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5751, 5752, 5753 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5752 of 8560
Jump to: