OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5750, 5751, 5752 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Is it true that Kyle Lowry has the Lakers as 1 of the preferred destinations if he’s traded? Someone said it on RealGM so I’m curious if anyone has heard the same thing.

One report said Lowy's preferred destinations were the Philadelphia 76ers, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers.

There are so many trade rumors going on about this guy it's anyone's guess what the truth is.

Basically, the Raptors are willing to trade Lowry to one of top contenders if they get enough of value back in the deal.

Although I posted in the DS thread that the Lakers and Schroeder probably already have a extension agreed upon but if both sides don’t come to a agreement, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to see if getting Lowry is a possibility.

I think other teams could put together a better offer for Toronto than us so I don't anticipate him becoming a laker. But we shall see.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
MJST wrote:
The argument that was once "should have kept BI instead of Kuzma" and people defended "It wasn't between BI and Kuzma it was between Lonzo and Kuzma" now would become "Should have kept Lonzo and sent Kuzma." because what Kuzma gives to a team is far easier to replace than what Lonzo does.

But Zo's played himself to the point we wouldn't get him from NO unless we had a 1st to throw in, and gave them Kuzma, THT and KCP. Even then that likely wouldn't be Zo's value currently.

It wasn’t Kuzma or (insert young guy here). Pelicans got who they asked for. They for sure wanted Ingram and Zo and the 4 pick, and Zo and BI were both necessary to match salary anyway since the Pelicans didn’t want to wait a month. There was never a choice to keep either BI or Zo. Maybe we could have kept Hart or one or two of our other picks going out if we sent Kuzma, but BI and Zo were gone no matter what. The only way we maybe could have kept one or both is if we had lucked into the 1 pick and Zion.

I wonder if we lucked into a top 3 pick if we'd have traded it, or if we'd have just drafted Zion or Morant. Though our 4th pick(which we pretty much gave to Atlanta) was Deandre Hunter who is carving a nice niche for himself.

But we got AD and the title. But I do think if the pick was Top 2 we may have opted to keep it and draft Zion or Morant and Kuzma would have had to have been part of any package we had to send out.

The reports though were that the Pelicans wanted Kuzma, and the Lakers didn't want to include him. So there's that. The idea is that it was either BI instead of Kuzma or Zo instead of Kuzma. But even if it was 4th pick instead of Kuzma, I think Deandre Hunter is also a better player than him.

So either way you slice it tbh. Bright side is though, we got the ring.

There is no guarantee BI can turn into the player he is today playing with Lebron, and obviously lonzo. He is having a good season, but we need to see some consistency before judging him.
Had the lakers luck into top 2, we’d be able to keep a lot of pieces in the AD trade. The pelicans probably would take number 1 + lonzo for AD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
No idea why the Rockets didnt keep Allen in that trade. Wood can play the 4.

They're morons. They could have had a package of Simmons + Thybulle + Picks but wanted to spite Morey. Then they could have kept Allen and demanded Dinwiddie but instead took crap.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:10 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

They're morons. They could have had a package of Simmons + Thybulle + Picks but wanted to spite Morey. Then they could have kept Allen and demanded Dinwiddie but instead took crap.

Posts usually don’t show what kind of feelings a fan has but I can tell dreamshake is depressed, the Rockets blew it.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

They could have kept Allen but then they maybe they can't get rid of Prince's contract and the Rockets owner has to pay the luxury tax. Then add Dinwiddie's contract to the luxury tax as well? Nah we know Fertitta ain't going to do that.

You know priority #1 for Fertitta was probably saving money. No way better than to make a trade for draft picks where you cut salary. And even if they can't keep Oladipo then that is just more money saved next year instead of paying LeVert.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:10 am    Post subject:

I see no scenario where drummond will sign with us if ever he gets bought out. Drummond knows we prefer to play Davis as our center in the playoffs, that will mean only spot minutes for him and will affect his potential contract this coming offseason. It’s also unwise for us to force the AD-AD lineup in the playoffs as it will limit our spacing and force Davis to play outside away from his sweetspots.

If im drummond, id go to either celtics or nets where i can be sure to help out a contender.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:54 am    Post subject:

Boston us far away for being contender this year. Not even close. I think AD will choose between us and Nets. Lets hope it will be us at the end. Even though if I can choose him or great shooter I would take good shooter. I think this is what we miss the most. Ad will play C during playoffs anyway. Marc's 15 min can cover it easily. We need above 40% shooter from three ASAP.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:02 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Boston us far away for being contender this year. Not even close. I think AD will choose between us and Nets. Lets hope it will be us at the end. Even though if I can choose him or great shooter I would take good shooter. I think this is what we miss the most. Ad will play C during playoffs anyway. Marc's 15 min can cover it easily. We need above 40% shooter from three ASAP.

The Nets have an injury player exception right? They can offer him far more money.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

Why do you think drummond will consider us? He will most likely sit in the playoffs with us and with his upcominf free agency, this will mean tanking his value. Doesnt make any sense for me.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

How the hell is Jokic putting up prime MJ/Lebron impact metrics. That big doughy dude is nearly averaging a 50/40/90 season.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
MJST wrote:
The argument that was once "should have kept BI instead of Kuzma" and people defended "It wasn't between BI and Kuzma it was between Lonzo and Kuzma" now would become "Should have kept Lonzo and sent Kuzma." because what Kuzma gives to a team is far easier to replace than what Lonzo does.

But Zo's played himself to the point we wouldn't get him from NO unless we had a 1st to throw in, and gave them Kuzma, THT and KCP. Even then that likely wouldn't be Zo's value currently.

It wasn’t Kuzma or (insert young guy here). Pelicans got who they asked for. They for sure wanted Ingram and Zo and the 4 pick, and Zo and BI were both necessary to match salary anyway since the Pelicans didn’t want to wait a month. There was never a choice to keep either BI or Zo. Maybe we could have kept Hart or one or two of our other picks going out if we sent Kuzma, but BI and Zo were gone no matter what. The only way we maybe could have kept one or both is if we had lucked into the 1 pick and Zion.

I wonder if we lucked into a top 3 pick if we'd have traded it, or if we'd have just drafted Zion or Morant. Though our 4th pick(which we pretty much gave to Atlanta) was Deandre Hunter who is carving a nice niche for himself.

But we got AD and the title. But I do think if the pick was Top 2 we may have opted to keep it and draft Zion or Morant and Kuzma would have had to have been part of any package we had to send out.

The reports though were that the Pelicans wanted Kuzma, and the Lakers didn't want to include him. So there's that. The idea is that it was either BI instead of Kuzma or Zo instead of Kuzma. But even if it was 4th pick instead of Kuzma, I think Deandre Hunter is also a better player than him.

So either way you slice it tbh. Bright side is though, we got the ring.

There is no guarantee BI can turn into the player he is today playing with Lebron, and obviously lonzo. He is having a good season, but we need to see some consistency before judging him.
Had the lakers luck into top 2, we’d be able to keep a lot of pieces in the AD trade. The pelicans probably would take number 1 + lonzo for AD

When I look back on the trades and decisions around that time it is more focused on what I consider the mismanagement of assets like Randle.

If they has just given him the contract he could have been included in the trade with a sizable contract. It theoretically could have saved a pick or maybe Hart. Instead they chose to let him walk for nothing. And we can surmise the Pels were interested in him as a player since he ended up signing there.

The other wasted moves like Zubac, Svi, Bryant, Wagner, or Bonga just for the sake and of clearing cap preemptively? Arguably could go back even further to the Clarkson, Nance trade.

Just fringe deals around the edges of bigger moves but IMO wasted assets that could be valuable bench players for the Lakers instead of other teams.

It’s all hindsight of course, but even as Magic made those moves above they didn’t make sense. Now, just water under the bridge.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject:

If we’re looking back on trades, id bring up the kwame brown for caron butler + atkins trade. Kupchack gave up 2 starters for a big man who is not even starting for a non-playoff team, averaging at best 10pts and 7rebs a game. Such a dumb trade.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
If we’re looking back on trades, id bring up the kwame brown for caron butler + atkins trade. Kupchack gave up 2 starters for a big man who is not even starting for a non-playoff team, averaging at best 10pts and 7rebs a game. Such a dumb trade.

The guy traded for the future HOF guy who helped the Lakers win two titles...?
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
lurklurk wrote:

Lol so what? Kwame for butler+atkins is still a dumb trade, doesnt matter if he got gasol later on.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:16 am    Post subject:

Omg, Ingram lovers are annoying. Enough with this guy. Move on, people. He’s not coming back and we don’t need him.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
lurklurk wrote:

Lol so what? Kwame for butler+atkins is still a dumb trade, doesnt matter if he got gasol later on.

That was a long time ago. My recollection is that there was going to be a contract issue with Butler, so we were essentially unloading him before it came up. Atkins was a junk player who didn't get along with Kobe. Washington cut him at mid-season, and he was pretty much done after another year or two. I think he hung around as a back of the bench guy for a couple years after that.

No, it wasn't a good trade in hindsight. In fact, it looked really bad in the early days, because Butler started scoring a lot of points for Washington. But looking back on it in hindsight, Butler was just an above average player who took a lot of shots. I remember that he had one crazy year from the three point line, but I think his career average was much lower. If I was listing bad moves by the front office over the past 25 years, this would be on the list, but not at the top.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject:

kyle lowry is 34 year so old. we aren't trading a 27yo dennis for him. we are locking up dennis long term to be AD's running mate for years to come.

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Is it true that Kyle Lowry has the Lakers as 1 of the preferred destinations if he’s traded? Someone said it on RealGM so I’m curious if anyone has heard the same thing.

One report said Lowy's preferred destinations were the Philadelphia 76ers, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers.

There are so many trade rumors going on about this guy it's anyone's guess what the truth is.

Basically, the Raptors are willing to trade Lowry to one of top contenders if they get enough of value back in the deal.

Although I posted in the DS thread that the Lakers and Schroeder probably already have a extension agreed upon but if both sides don’t come to a agreement, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to see if getting Lowry is a possibility.

I think other teams could put together a better offer for Toronto than us so I don't anticipate him becoming a laker. But we shall see.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject:

LaMelo should be a future Laker.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject:

Just speculation but I wonder if the extension hold regarding DS is because the Lakers are waiting to see what happens with Beal.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
How the hell is Jokic putting up prime MJ/Lebron impact metrics. That big doughy dude is nearly averaging a 50/40/90 season.

Simple answer: He's a baaad man!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

He really is must see for their games. Charlotte is going to get a lot National TV games next season just like the Pels have in the past year+
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
lurklurk wrote:

That was a long time ago. My recollection is that there was going to be a contract issue with Butler, so we were essentially unloading him before it came up. Atkins was a junk player who didn't get along with Kobe. Washington cut him at mid-season, and he was pretty much done after another year or two. I think he hung around as a back of the bench guy for a couple years after that.

No, it wasn't a good trade in hindsight. In fact, it looked really bad in the early days, because Butler started scoring a lot of points for Washington. But looking back on it in hindsight, Butler was just an above average player who took a lot of shots. I remember that he had one crazy year from the three point line, but I think his career average was much lower. If I was listing bad moves by the front office over the past 25 years, this would be on the list, but not at the top.

Disagree. It was great in theory, execution and final disposition. Lakers weren't going to contend with Caron/Kobe/Odom, along with Brian Grant's albatross contract. Lakers decided to move Caron and turn him into a future trade asset.

The Lakers were having conversations with Memphis & Minnesota and Mitch knew he'd need a large expiring deal to be a player for Pau, KG or anyone they'd want to pair with Kobe. Kwame fit the bill.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

Seems like Knicks are becoming a destination for disgruntled players

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1366822003588620301
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

He really is must see for their games. Charlotte is going to get a lot National TV games next season just like the Pels have in the past year+

They're well-coached, too. Borrego's offense really hums with so many skilled, unselfish guys.

Anyway, just keeping an eye out for the future stars the post-Lebron Lakers should poach. A Jokic/Zion pairing would be sick. LaMelo and Cade Cunningham...? Why not?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject:

With the new 2 way rules (being allowed to be played in playoffs), goodbye Kostas. I would use that spot to find the next Caruso (who is a FA this summer). Even Cacok might be a goner too and maybe gamble on a big wing defender.

Is there really a long term future for Kostas (terrible player) and Cacok (ok, but another undersized big)?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5750, 5751, 5752 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5751 of 8560
Jump to: