OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5714, 5715, 5716 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
MJST wrote:
King Randle wrote:
I'd like to see us ship KCP, Kief and Cook to Orlando for Bamba and Ross. I know it's not happening but a lot of the requested trades here aren't happening.

Bamba isn't worth that much and Ross isn't as good a defender as KCP.
lately kcp defense decisions has been mind boggling

Problem with KCP is he is low IQ, dumb, kind of player. He's just not smart, in general so of course he gets lost and is mentally weak when he can't make shots. He's just not a sharp one.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
King Randle wrote:
I'd like to see us ship KCP, Kief and Cook to Orlando for Bamba and Ross. I know it's not happening but a lot of the requested trades here aren't happening.

Ross as Orlando's current second option offensively is putting up 14-15 PPG on 42% from the Field and 36% from three.

That's not much different than what KCP would do if in the same situation as a team's second option. Watching what he did for Detroit and what he did for us in a similar situation the stats pretty much lineup with what Ross is doing right now.

Difference is, we have KCP already locked in for a few years, and he already has chemistry with the team, and already gives us what Ross would in the same position and situation but with better defense.

Bamba at this point isn't worth much either way. Giving up anyone not named Cook would be selling too high.

We'll just agree to disagree here on Bamba. I've seen him before the bubble have some dominating defensive performances. I believe Vogel can make an athletic big with a 7'10 wingspan pretty special....look what he did with Slow Roy Hibbard. But it won't happen so really why discuss.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
MJST wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Ross as Orlando's current second option offensively is putting up 14-15 PPG on 42% from the Field and 36% from three.

That's not much different than what KCP would do if in the same situation as a team's second option. Watching what he did for Detroit and what he did for us in a similar situation the stats pretty much lineup with what Ross is doing right now.

Difference is, we have KCP already locked in for a few years, and he already has chemistry with the team, and already gives us what Ross would in the same position and situation but with better defense.

Bamba at this point isn't worth much either way. Giving up anyone not named Cook would be selling too high.

We'll just agree to disagree here on Bamba. I've seen him before the bubble have some dominating defensive performances. I believe Vogel can make an athletic big with a 7'10 wingspan pretty special....look what he did with Slow Roy Hibbard. But it won't happen so really why discuss.

If so, then just trade for Bamba. No need for Ross to be honest.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
MJST wrote:
King Randle wrote:

If so, then just trade for Bamba. No need for Ross to be honest.

Absolutely....If we could just trade for Bamba I would.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/DrRobertKlapper/status/1363962902932193281?s=19
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

This guy is around NBA players and makes appearances on ESPN 710, he knows something, thanks for the link 32
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

In my pipe-toking dream I see the lakers with a more defensive minded guy, or someone who can be more of a presence inside on defense (like A Drummond)...but that's a hell of a fantasy, good for NBA 2k20 /21 or whatever year its on now.

Mixed on Boogie, but hey, I wont say no. If he joins I'l be really rooting for him in many ways, but simultaneously will have not high expecations.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject:

What if there is some deal going on behind the scenes with Oladipo/Cousins and maybe Tucker.

I doubt it and haven’t checked the numbers but none of those guys look to be in Houston’s plans. Oladipo for sure looks like he really doesn’t want to be there.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:

This guy is around NBA players and makes appearances on ESPN 710, he knows something, thanks for the link 32

BTW not sure if you have ever listened to Dr. Klapper's radio spot on the weekends, he's actually pretty entertaining and can tell some really good entertainment stories, and how he ties it into surgeries or medical practice.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
What if there is some deal going on behind the scenes with Oladipo/Cousins and maybe Tucker.

I doubt it and haven’t checked the numbers but none of those guys look to be in Houston’s plans. Oladipo for sure looks like he really doesn’t want to be there.

I thought I read somewhere awhile back he did not want to be a Laker either? [as in, he didnt want to be a third fiddle]
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
32 wrote:

In my pipe-toking dream I see the lakers with a more defensive minded guy, or someone who can be more of a presence inside on defense (like A Drummond)...but that's a hell of a fantasy, good for NBA 2k20 /21 or whatever year its on now.

Mixed on Boogie, but hey, I wont say no. If he joins I'l be really rooting for him in many ways, but simultaneously will have not high expecations.

I am mixed too but I also think 1) he's healthy 2) he's been playing pretty decent 3) he knows all the guys on the Lakers team and all the coaches 4) the Lakers gave this guy a ring because of what he contributed to the team even without playing a single game....

In other words, there might be a huge upside....and we can't rely on just Gasol. If you have Gasol, Cousins and Trez.....then you try and get a shooter and a 3&D guy like PJ Tucker...

Bam....I like our chances.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
32 wrote:

I am mixed too but I also think 1) he's healthy 2) he's been playing pretty decent 3) he knows all the guys on the Lakers team and all the coaches 4) the Lakers gave this guy a ring because of what he contributed to the team even without playing a single game....

In other words, there might be a huge upside....and we can't rely on just Gasol. If you have Gasol, Cousins and Trez.....then you try and get a shooter and a 3&D guy like PJ Tucker...

Bam....I like our chances.

If he joins, my optimism will kick in, and I'll be hoping he plays so damn well he's worth a max contract
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I thought I read somewhere awhile back he did not want to be a Laker either? [as in, he didnt want to be a third fiddle]

He has specifically stated Miami, I’m just looking at him as a hired gun. He’s on an expiring contract and if helps win a chip he could really cash in with his next team.

Or he might end up liking it here. Injuries obviously an issue though, but given that he is expiring it doesn’t hurt to ask Houston about a potential trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

As long as the Rockets haven’t officially waived DeMarcus Cousins there is still potential of a deal expanding with the Lakers getting multiple players so yes there is always a chance something big is in the works..
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
32 wrote:

If true, disappointed in my Lakers.

Bringing in Cousins is a bad move in a basketball sense. Man will allow more points then he produces. Waste of limited resources IMO.

From a personal note I have no respect for him. Going to be a hard watch every time he enters the game and whines about calls. He is a domestic abuser. Rooting for him is out of the question.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
DrDent wrote:
32 wrote:

If true, disappointed in my Lakers.

Bringing in Cousins is a bad move in a basketball sense. Man will allow more points then he produces. Waste of limited resources IMO.

From a personal note I have no respect for him. Going to be a hard watch every time he enters the game and whines about calls. He is a domestic abuser. Rooting for him is out of the question.

Pretty sure Lakers want Drummond but probably figure he’s headed to BRK once he’s bought out, we can’t pick and choose especially when it comes getting players via buy out
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Drummond would be ideal. Need a guy that can rebound and block shots.
Cousins might rebound but he has no lift to block shots.

But if Cousins can fill the paint a bit and space the floor and back folks down, hit some shots, great.

We do need shooters though...bad!!!!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

What's up with Drummond? He doesn't D-up, right? He gets monstrous rebounding numbers year after year, and nobody has considered him a cornerstone like Rudy Gobert.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

As long as the Rockets haven’t officially waived DeMarcus Cousins there is still potential of a deal expanding with the Lakers getting multiple players so yes there is always a chance something big is in the works..

Here you go IG, cousins and Oladipo both sitting out tonight
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
What's up with Drummond? He doesn't D-up, right? He gets monstrous rebounding numbers year after year, and nobody has considered him a cornerstone like Rudy Gobert.

People don’t think he’s a difference maker but if you see the teams he’s been on since he’s been in the NBA, it’s either young or simply a bad team, if he goes to the Nets I’m willing to bet that he will finally show his Impact as a player.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Here you go IG, cousins and Oladipo both sitting out tonight

Interesting. definitely looks like VO doesn’t wanna be in Houston if there is a deal on the table it’s smart to sit him out until the trade is complete.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

People don’t think he’s a difference maker but if you see the teams he’s been on since he’s been in the NBA, it’s either young or simply a bad team, if he goes to the Nets I’m willing to bet that he will finally show his Impact as a player.

Seriously man, it's a wrap if they get a rebounder. The Lakers or the Clippers should have stepped in, each chipping in a 1st rd pick to the Rockets for agreeing to not deal with the Nets. LOL! So damn happy KD left GS, but got dang it.. he ends up as part of a trio that's better than himself, Curry and Klay. WTF.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

JHoliday is so-so. He is starting because TJ Warren is hurt.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
It’s very depressing whenever we’re in discussion about acquiring an all star in recent years, conversation would always ended at we do not have assets. And yet clippers and other contending teams would came out of nowhere and swoop in and got the deal done with the similar quality of packages we would’ve offered.

A) The player has to see opportunity if he is a free agent.
B) clippers had a ton to unload and they did.
C) ibaka and kawai are boys
d) batum is donezo other than the occasional flurry.

we landed 2 6th men of the year candidates both whom have made us better. Gasol was signed for post season. Wes was a solid pick up who we thought would have been a bit better but there is still time. Kieff for cheap.

DS and Harrel made us better in imaginary world
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

If something close was close, Rockets would have pulled P.J. Tucker, it’s almost certain any deal involving with the Rockets would have HOU sending us P.J. Tucker.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5714, 5715, 5716 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5715 of 8560
Jump to: