OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5641, 5642, 5643 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
carjoch831 wrote:
Quote:
Clutch Sources
@clutchsources
The Cleveland Cavaliers are exploring trades for Javale McGee, per @WindhorstESPN

I do believe if Javale gets traded and bought out he can resign back with us?
By the Cavs trading him I believe that disables our one year block of him being able to come back to the Lakers?

Either way would love to have him back to help us out during the regular season as I also got this feeling that Kevin Durant and Brooklyn might go after him.

Of course all this pending that he gets bought out and if that one year block gets relinquished.

Correct. But a team with playoff aspirations and a hole at C like the Hornets or Mavs could trade to keep him for the season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Bring Back JaVale McGee Rob Pelinka!!!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

It'd be nice to gave another above the rim player even in limited minutes. Doesn't have to be JaVale, of course.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Nurkic is gonna be out for a while you would think POR has already called to gauge there interest in McGee or Drummond.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

I do believe if Javale gets traded and bought out he can resign back with us?
By the Cavs trading him I believe that disables our one year block of him being able to come back to the Lakers?

Sure. But if a team trades for Javale at this point, I can't see why they would then buy him out.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

In that case, hit up Orlando and trade Kuz for Ay Ay Ron
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Look like CWood was excited to get from the shackles of AD. 27/15 tonight
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

He's fine, dude. Might as well post KAT stats.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Drummond had zero trade value when the Pistons traded him last season. What has changed that?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Drummond had zero trade value when the Pistons traded him last season. What has changed that?

Nothing. Why do you ask?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject:

WOJ

Quote:
Significant discussion on league's call with general managers today about expanding rosters by allowing a third two-way contract slot this season, sources tell ESPN. That'll have to be worked out with NBPA, but there's momentum toward it.

Jesse Buss rubbing his hands right now
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Looks like he accidentally circled the wrong date on the calendar
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

How? They can't sign him if he is cut or trade for him. I believe he would have to get traded to another team and then cut, in order for the Lakers to sign him.
wongst288
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

big fear is that if gets bought out, he might to go Brooklyn.. He is exactly what they would need.. Someone get lobs and block some shots...
wongst288
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

big fear is that if gets bought out, he might to go Brooklyn.. He is exactly what they would need.. Someone get lobs and block some shots...
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject:

wongst288 wrote:

Pretty sure I've read that McGee is not that good and useless in the playoffs.

Why worry? Lakers have Gasol, Harrell and Davis. With defensive stats to prove it.

At least that is what I have read constantly around here.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
wongst288 wrote:

Why worry? Lakers have Gasol, Harrell and Davis. With defensive stats to prove it.

I wouldn't be concerned about him in the playoffs. He's a solid minutes eater in the regular season, though. Portland could really use him until Nurkic gets healthy.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I do not want him back at all. He was a season long handicap until Vogel benched him in the playoffs.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
wongst288 wrote:

McGee was unplayable for the Lakers beyond the first round, and he wasn’t that good in the first round. I don’t get why people are pining for him. He was fine, but mostly because he was a great chemistry guy and teammate, not for anything he did on the floor. He could block shots, but he was a bad defender because that was pretty much his only defensive skill.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I do not want him back at all. He was a season long handicap until Vogel benched him in the playoffs.

He was a season long important piece but come playoff time center's typically become less playable in most matchups.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

I hope the Lakers are able to land someone prior to the deadline either FA or Waiver. There are a few guys out there that are intriguing because of their youth, but I'm 100% positive no one wants to help the Lakers win another championship by off-loading someone who can contribute at a high level.

I believe this team has a glaring need moving forward but not sure it can be addressed at this present time. I will pull a few names from the current list of NBA FAs that I think would be better than the bottom players on our roster for a spot...

LA Lakers current bottom feeders on the roster who can be moved for a roster spot:
Quinn Cook - PG
Devonte Cacok - PF
Kustas Antetokounmpo (His Bro resigned for a ton of money so that ship has sailed) - PF/C
Jared Dudley (his time in the league and locker room experience won't allow us to move him) - SF

Current available Free Agents possibly worth a look:

Emmanuel Mudiay - (PG) Definitely better than anyone mentioned above, big guard with a ton of youth, some experience and room to grow. With him it's just a matter of time before it clicks.

Allen Crabbe - (SG) Once again another name better than anyone mentioned above with youth and potential. Crabbe has some good moments , he has great size to defend on the perimeter, being around an LBJ/AD could only make him better, he's an LA kid also.

Gerald Green - (SG) somehow some way, he's not on a roster, but still has some gas in the tank, hasn't been the same since his last injury, but even @50% he's better than our bottom tier guys.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - (SF) Just never panned out for him, however there are some tangibles that he brings and the most notable would be his defense. He's not the best defender, but he's capable of being really solid on the wing on that side of the ball, former college teammate of AD, wouldn't be a wasted look IMO.

Dewayne Dedmon / John Henson / (PF/C) both young enough to be considered vets who could man the 5 spot and keep AD honest at the 4. Just big bodies that take up space that are defensive minded.

Skai Labissiere - (C) He's my choice on this list, because I don't feel he got a fair shake coming into the league on a team with two former Kentucky guys ahead of him at the same position. It was Kentucky all over again. He's super talented, young (24) extremely long and athletic. His age alone is worth the experiment on a team like the Lakers. If he could learn from AD and keep AD at the 4 spot, that would be a tremendous impact.

Well there's my list of FAs, not to mention the Waiver wire or guys who have been waived recently due to trades.
No, none of those names jump off the page at anyone, or makes another team solely game-plan for those players. But compare them to the Bottom Feeders list and what do you get?

However what most people don't understand about the league is that, sometimes it's about the culture, not who's on your team and that is why we have the players we do, because they help to make up the right culture for our guys to be successful.

I was bored and needed to take my mind off of things...

One Player for sure, I would trade Kuzma for is John Collins. That guy is a legit player and hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential. If he was on the Lakers, it would be SCARY!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject:

I'd LOVE Colllins ATL hangs up the phone on that trade sadly.. I like Kuz but Collins is a 20/10 caliber player with a 3 ball.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Emplay can you settle this.. are we allowed to trade Kuzma this season if the team chooses to make him available?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Emplay can you settle this.. are we allowed to trade Kuzma this season if the team chooses to make him available?

They can, it's just extremely unlikely and very difficult due to the poison pill provision. The following article explains it much better then I could.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/10/hoops-rumors-glossary-poison-pill-provision.html
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:13 am    Post subject:

I get the feeling Zach LaVine may be the next player to ask for a trade. Given how things are going in Chicago right now.

The question is, what team would make a viable play for him. First thoughts were Dallas but maybe another team in the East might, in order to matchup against Brooklyn.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5641, 5642, 5643 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5642 of 8560
Jump to: