OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5519, 5520, 5521 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/1334593510511538177

Quote:
Dudley said the Lakers are truly 11 deep, and then after that, it’s him. He’ll be ready to play when needed, especially if guys miss games. He also cited the development of
@Thortontucker, whom he thinks will earn real minutes.

I am so ready for THT to be unleashed a little bit. I’m looking very much forward to his progress.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
You guys should see this

https://mobile.twitter.com/AhnFireDigital/status/1334572100254896129

This is why no one takes the Clippers seriously, the biggest clowns on the planet.

lol. Didn't this guy doze off while sitting on the bench? This guy is suffering from ADD.

Clippers have ADD, we have AD!!

CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Trying to think of reasonable salary amounts for potential Kuz/Caruso extensions. Neither is indispensable, but it can be tricky trying to replace them with minimum contract free agents.

Kuz: 3/$40-45?
Caruso: 3/$20-25?

A bit rich, but neither seems unmovable and Kuz could continue to improve making his deal a bargain.

Kuz is restricted so we can wait but Caruso can become unrestricted. I think extending Caruso now is more prudent. That price range looks reasonable that he might accept it in a heartbeat as oppose to risk and roll the dice.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject:

An insane off-season capped off by a minimum 4-year commitment from one of our superstars, in addition to a 3-year one from the other

Sign one more point guard and we're set!
#18 next...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject:

I think I saw somewhere on Twitter that Caruso is not extension-eligible by virtue of his 2-year deal.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Trying to think of reasonable salary amounts for potential Kuz/Caruso extensions. Neither is indispensable, but it can be tricky trying to replace them with minimum contract free agents.

A bit rich, but neither seems unmovable and Kuz could continue to improve making his deal a bargain.

Kuz is restricted so we can wait but Caruso can become unrestricted. I think extending Caruso now is more prudent. That price range looks reasonable that he might accept it in a heartbeat as oppose to risk and roll the dice.

Hard to predict what a "reasonable " contract actually might be.

Comparable situation (not exact, but similar) that comes to mind for me is Matt Dellavedova. He had a similar role player impact/popularity on a championship team and ended up with a 4 yr /38M contract.

Would a team use their MLE on Caruso if he has another solid year? Would the couple extra million a year and maybe a starting position lure him?
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
We need to start an official Klutch thread. We know our shadow GM Rich Paul gonna be funneling players to the Lakers for years to come.

I bet Rich Paul and Klutch is already working on getting Tatum here in the future

I actually prefer Tatum over Giannis. Tatum is a better fit (more of a SG that can slide to sf if needed). Giannis can't space the floor to give AD and LBJ room to operate in the paint.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
We need to start an official Klutch thread. We know our shadow GM Rich Paul gonna be funneling players to the Lakers for years to come.

I bet Rich Paul and Klutch is already working on getting Tatum here in the future

I actually prefer Tatum over Giannis. Tatum is a better fit (more of a SG that can slide to sf if needed). Giannis can't space the floor to give AD and LBJ room to operate in the paint.

Tatum signing with the Lakers would be sooooooo sweet LOL
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject:

In essence we would have had Tatum now if Magic wasn’t all gushy and goshy with Lonzo Ball, Tatum is more of a guy who knows what it takes to be apart of the Lakers franchise because he grew up idolizing Kobe, we are gonna regret that decision in the future but for now we are gonna be better then the Celtics.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
In essence we would have had Tatum now if Magic wasn’t all gushy and goshy with Lonzo Ball, Tatum is more of a guy who knows what it takes to be apart of the Lakers franchise because he grew up idolizing Kobe, we are gonna regret that decision in the future but for now we are gonna be better then the Celtics.

well we would have likely traded tatum to NO anyway i guess then.
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject:

With the last 2 roster spot, whom do you prefer to be our 3rd string PG?
Quinn Cook or Emmanuel Mudiay?

Then for additional Bigs Pau Gasol? or Dedmon? or O'Quinn?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject:

jankobe wrote:
With the last 2 roster spot, whom do you prefer to be our 3rd string PG?
Quinn Cook or Emmanuel Mudiay?

Then for additional Bigs Pau Gasol? or Dedmon? or O'Quinn?

Shabazz Napier and Dwayne Dedmon
wsjan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers offseason

- Max extension for Anthony Davis
- Trade for Dennis Schroder
- Sign Montrezl Harrell
- Sign Wesley Matthews
- Sign Marc Gasol
- Re-signed Markieff Morris
- Re-signed KCP
- Extend LeBron James to 2023

A+ offseason

Great offseason.

The only things I would quibble with is:

-- If the Lakers had handled Dwight better, he'd be our backup center.

-- We can argue if Morris, as talented as he is, is the best fit for the MLE.

Overall, though, I can't complain.

Now the question is whether the pieces will fit together as well as they did last year. How will the trade of defense for offense work out?

On paper, we look better.

If we kept Dwight, we wouldn't sign Marc and he might've gone to a competitor like the Clippers.

I'm quite OK with the trade-off.

Last edited by wsjan on Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
How could the defending champs bring a third star to LA to suit up with James and Davis? It may have to be via sign and trade. After going dormant for a few years, sign and trades have come back in a big way over the last two free agency periods. For the Lakers, who will be over the cap, this is one path to adding a third star.

Pelinka could send out a package of Caldwell-Pope, Gasol and any number of players who could be signed and traded like Schroder, Kuzma or Caruso. That’s enough to get the Lakers in the $35-40 million dollar range it would take to acquire a star free agent.

There is also the ability to make a straight trade for a superstar that’s already under contract. If someone like James Harden or Bradley Beal decided he wanted to play in Los Angles, the Lakers could put together a package of the above players and the few remaining first-round picks they have left, to get in the mix.

Then there is the least exciting, but most likely path of continuing forward as they did this offseason. The Lakers already have James and Davis. That’s a place the other 29 teams wish they could start from. They added quality depth around them in the last month by making use of every available exception they had. That’s a viable strategy to run back in the summer.

LA won’t have the Bi-Annual Exception next year, after using it to sign Wesley Matthews this year (the BAE can only be used every other season), but they’ll have the Taxpayer Mid-level Exception. That’s a handy tool to add a player for about $5.9 million in first-year salary. And they can re-sign their own free agents as well, like they did this offseason with Morris and Dudley. Kuzma would be the main player to keep an eye on here.

nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject:

wsjan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

- Sign Montrezl Harrell
- Sign Wesley Matthews
- Sign Marc Gasol
- Re-signed KCP

A+ offseason

I

Great offseason.

Now the question is whether the pieces will fit together as well as they did last year. How will the trade of defense for offense work out?

If we kept Dwight, we wouldn't sign Marc and he might've gone to a competitor like the Clippers.

I wanted Dwight too but we were never going to get Gasol + Howard + Harrell.

We are at 13 now with 1 spot open. Assuming everything broke the same way there's no way howard would have been the 14th man.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject:

IMO Pelinka is saving his last full for a waived player. Maybe former client Ariza? Then the last slot would be a midseason break in case on emergency type insurance that would go to Pau if we dont have to use it.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
How could the defending champs bring a third star to LA to suit up with James and Davis? It may have to be via sign and trade. After going dormant for a few years, sign and trades have come back in a big way over the last two free agency periods. For the Lakers, who will be over the cap, this is one path to adding a third star.

Pelinka could send out a package of Caldwell-Pope, Gasol and any number of players who could be signed and traded like Schroder, Kuzma or Caruso. That’s enough to get the Lakers in the $35-40 million dollar range it would take to acquire a star free agent.

There is also the ability to make a straight trade for a superstar that’s already under contract. If someone like James Harden or Bradley Beal decided he wanted to play in Los Angles, the Lakers could put together a package of the above players and the few remaining first-round picks they have left, to get in the mix.

Then there is the least exciting, but most likely path of continuing forward as they did this offseason. The Lakers already have James and Davis. That’s a place the other 29 teams wish they could start from. They added quality depth around them in the last month by making use of every available exception they had. That’s a viable strategy to run back in the summer.

LA won’t have the Bi-Annual Exception next year, after using it to sign Wesley Matthews this year (the BAE can only be used every other season), but they’ll have the Taxpayer Mid-level Exception. That’s a handy tool to add a player for about $5.9 million in first-year salary. And they can re-sign their own free agents as well, like they did this offseason with Morris and Dudley. Kuzma would be the main player to keep an eye on here.

Unless they really don't fit or cause problems, I really hope we extend both Schroder and Harrell past their current contracts. That way, at the very least we'll have our core for the next 3-5 years. If either or both leave at the end of their contracts, it will be really hard for us to replace them given that we'll be over the cap.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Possibly - remember, the Celtics traded down a tad since they apparently "knew" Tatum would be there. Perhaps they do not if they got an serious vibe Lakers would get Tatum.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject:

wsjan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

- Sign Montrezl Harrell
- Sign Wesley Matthews
- Sign Marc Gasol
- Re-signed KCP

A+ offseason

Great offseason.

I don't think one had anything to do with the other. Gasol is going to play no more than 25 minutes. I can't see why it would bother him to have Dwight as the backup, as he was last year.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Everything is easy in hindsight. At the time of the draft, most people rated Ball above Tatum. In fact, a lot of people criticized Boston for taking Tatum over Josh Jackson.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
wsjan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

- Sign Montrezl Harrell
- Sign Wesley Matthews
- Sign Marc Gasol
- Re-signed KCP

A+ offseason

Great offseason.

I don't think one had anything to do with the other. Gasol is going to play no more than 25 minutes. I can't see why it would bother him to have Dwight as the backup, as he was last year.

Because Trezz is the backup, and by them not signing another backup, they obviously were not looking for another 7 footer because they had some choices and open spots.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Hmm.. Trez, Dennis, KCP, Kuzma.. all relatively young. A combination of those guys and some picks, or let Freak walk for nothing? If I'm the Bucks I'd make a deal.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Comparable situation (not exact, but similar) that comes to mind for me is Matt Dellavedova. He had a similar role player impact/popularity on a championship team and ended up with a 4 yr /38M contract.

Would a team use their MLE on Caruso if he has another solid year? Would the couple extra million a year and maybe a starting position lure him?

Caruso seems like a taxpayer MLE, but not a non-taxpayer MLE caliber signing. So giving him a contract that bumps him above the taxpayer MLE towards the non-taxpayer MLE seems like fair value.

Also, he seems super self-aware. Kuz still has visions of individual glory, but AC is a former undrafted afterthought turned Lebron buddy and NBA champion - he knows where his bread is buttered.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
AD extension! The goal for building our future team around AD should be

1. Internal player development
2. Making most of limited drafted capital (We need a repeat of Hart/Kuz/Bonga/Wanger/Zubac)
3. Finding diamonds in the rough on the free agent market in the future (Shaq Harrison

The Tim Duncan/Spurs method.

Time to buy some 2nd rd picks.

Just naming the guys the Lakers have hit on with late 1st/2nd round picks is amazing. Will need more of the same going forward. We already have a great core to build on post LeBron with AD/Trezz/Kuz/KCP/Schroder/THT/Caruso

Jordan Clarkson
Larry Nance
Kyle Kuzma
Josh Hart
Mo Wagner
Ivicia Zubac
Issac Bonga

Imagine adding 2-3 of those caliber guys to our team over the next couple drafts.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
CRoost wrote:

The big difference is Dellavedora was a great shooter -- 41% from three pointers before he got his big contract. Dellavedova was a disappointment after he got his contract, in part because he immediately got a bunch of injuries.

Caruso is a terrible shooter. He has the fan favorite/underdog thing going for him in LA, but it's hard to imagine him starting on a good team. Seems very much a specialist.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5519, 5520, 5521 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5520 of 8560
Jump to: