OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5344, 5345, 5346 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:34 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
I prefer Boogie, but What about deandre jordan?

What about DeAndre Jordan?

He is under contract with the Nets for the next 3 years at ~$10M per.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:41 am    Post subject:

toffee wrote:
Take it with a grain of salt, but i heard that Pelinka wants to execute this trade:

Bogdan Bogdanovic S/T for package of Kuzma+McGee+Caruso+THT+cash+2nd round picks

Info is from my Eastern European buddy who knows Alexander Raskovic (he is one of two Bogdan's agents, the other one is Jason Ranne).

I personally would not do it, I think it's a big overpay. We're giving up 1 quality young piece that we know for sure can play scrappy, intense D, and will do whatever is asked for him, and I think will become a better 3 shooter (AC) in there along with THT too. Kuz I'm fine with. I just do not see the incoming player being so much better than what is collectively outgoing. We'd then also be 3 more players short from a full roster if that wasnt enough, and down the only big C we have left.

Take AC out of that trade, and I may consider it - what is still making me pause is I would then need 2, just not 1, more bigs to play Center. I'd need to feel comfy I could get ones that LBJ and AD are good with.

With that said, there are many Bog fans on this board who would likely be all in on that trade, the tantalizing prospect of Bogs starting with either KCP or Wes would be attractive.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:41 am    Post subject:

toffee wrote:
Take it with a grain of salt, but i heard that Pelinka wants to execute this trade:

Bogdan Bogdanovic S/T for package of Kuzma+McGee+Caruso+THT+cash+2nd round picks

Info is from my Eastern European buddy who knows Alexander Raskovic (he is one of two Bogdan's agents, the other one is Jason Ranne).

Rock hard pass on that juicy Sunday morning rumor
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:50 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
32 wrote:
The last four major contracts Mitch Kupchak has signed in free agency:
* Gordon Hayward: four-years, $120M
* Terry Rozier: three-years, $56.7M
* Timofey Mozgov: four-years, $64M
* Luol Deng: four-years, $72M

To think posters were lamenting when he was fired along with Jim. I gave him too much credit when I mostly blamed Jim for MozDeng over Kupchak. Clearly, Kupchak was a major part of the problem.

VLF incoming!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:53 am    Post subject:

toffee wrote:

Can we trade you for Arie Abraham?

I seriously hope you’re wrong about this.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:58 am    Post subject:

toffee wrote:

Rumor is Atlanta is willing to offer 4/$72M.

That is not enough salary ($12,030,159) leaving from Lakers unless Bogi takes a big pay cut. Lakers are up against the tax apron so can't offer 25% above the outgoing salary.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:08 am    Post subject:

toffee wrote:

I don't think the league would accept it as we would end up with 7 players and only room for another 4.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:09 am    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
toffee wrote:

That is not enough salary ($12,030,159) leaving from Lakers unless Bogi takes a big pay cut. Lakers are up against the tax apron so can't offer 25% above the outgoing salary.

Not saying I would, but they can get close (relatively speaking in terms of millions). First year salary at ~$17M with raises the following years.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:11 am    Post subject:

1. Lakers
2. Clippers
3. Celtics
4. Nets
5. Heat

Very strong top 5. I have a hard time seeing the Heat being able to win it all but the other 4 absolutely.

Warriors would have been in this group before Klay's injury.

Our two biggest edges over the Clips in my view are Vogel over Lue and the fact that we have two very legit superstars and they only have one (sorry George is very good but not great).

Our edge over Boston is that we have two superstars and they have only one (Tatum). They have as good a coach and probably more depth though.

Nets? Two superstars but a rookie coach and uncertain chemistry. And do they really have enough quality size at this point? Maybe they can flip Dinwiddie and/or Lavert into size but we'll see.

Heat? I respect them as defending East champs but they really haven't improved since last year when all went there way out East. Will Butler do that again? When and if Giannis comes here or to Dallas at season's end look out. But that's next year. As for this year I think they are one guy short of being a true title contender.

6. Bucks--The Bogdanovich non-trade leaves them here instead of 4th or 5th
7. Mavs--3rd best team in west but needs Porzingis healthy (this may be a familiar refrain)
8. Warriors--Klay's injury leaves them here
9. Nuggets--Still strong but losing Grant stings
10. Rockets--Lots of talent but lots of questions particularly about Harden/Westbook and where they'll be playing

In sum, we're the best but the competition will be fierce. LeBron can't drop off much at all. If he does we're in trouble. If he sustains as I'm confident he will I still like our chances health notwithstanding. But man, the NBA is in good shape. Stronger than I've ever seen it in terms of the teams at the top of the heap. I can't wait til December 22!

Last edited by ericp6387 on Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:19 am; edited 3 times in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:13 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
toffee wrote:

I don't think the league would accept it as we would end up with 7 players and only room for another 4.

Trade would have to be after signing more guys to the minimum right?
That being said, I like Bogs, but giving up the guy who was a part of our best bet rating lineup in Alex and a kid who coaches think can get minutes this year in THT seems like overpay.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:15 am    Post subject:

I would say that it's something like this:

1-Lakers (big gap with the 2 if we sign some big like Marc)
2-Nets (if everything goes right for them)
3-Nuggets
4-Heat
5-Clippers
6-Celtics
7-Bucks
8-Nets if Kirye starts doing Kirye things and they implode
9-Mavericks

I don't think that there are more contenders right now.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:18 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
toffee wrote:

Trade would have to be after signing more guys to the minimum right?
That being said, I like Bogs, but giving up the guy who was a part of our best bet rating lineup in Alex and a kid who coaches think can get minutes this year in THT seems like overpay.

Problem with Bogdanovic is that he will eat too much cap space and we are hardcapped. From what I understand we need at least 13 players and with that trade we would have AD, KCP, LeBron, Bogdanovic, Schroder, Harrell and Mathews and 4 more vet mins. I don't think the league would allow it. But maybe I'm mistaken.

Also, the trade is very bad to us, losing Kuzma, THT and specially Caruso for only 1 player that is not that great would be very bad for us.
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:20 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:

3-Nuggets
4-Heat
5-Clippers
6-Celtics
7-Bucks
9-Mavericks

Nuggets 3rd????
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:21 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
toffee wrote:

Not saying I would, but they can get close (relatively speaking in terms of millions). First year salary at ~$17M with raises the following years.

WE ain't got $17M under the Tax Apron.

It would take AD taking more than a tiny haircut.

Or the NBA granting the Lakers petition and removing Deng from our cap.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:22 am    Post subject:

toffee wrote:

How in the world would the agents know about a GM’s intended offer prior to it being offered?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:22 am    Post subject:

Over under on Kyrie playing 50 games in the regular season?
Over under on KD playing 55 games in the regular season?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject:

ericp6387 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

3-Nuggets
4-Heat
5-Clippers
6-Celtics
7-Bucks
9-Mavericks

Nuggets 3rd????

Yes, I think they would have won the finals too and that they are better than the Clippers. They are in my opinion our biggest threat but we are still better than them.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:25 am    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
epic_ wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
toffee wrote:

WE ain't got $17M under the Tax Apron.

It would take AD taking more than a tiny haircut.

Or the NBA granting the Lakers petition and removing Deng from our cap.

So numbers wise it's possible. Though improbable.
The @Spo argument above regarding being hard capped seems like the true barrier.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:27 am    Post subject:

@DeeAgeaux, btw, thanks for the reminder on Deng.
I can't wait for the league to give us the extra $5M (wishful thinking haha).
That's the Gasol or Morris holdup imo.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:38 am    Post subject:

ericp6387 wrote:
1. Lakers
2. Clippers
3. Celtics
4. Nets
5. Heat

Very strong top 5. I have a hard time seeing the Heat being able to win it all but the other 4 absolutely.

Our two biggest edges over the Clips in my view are Vogel over Lue and the fact that we have two very legit superstars and they only have one (sorry George is very good but not great).

Our edge over Boston is that we have two superstars and they have only one (Tatum). They have as good a coach and probably more depth though.

Nets? Two superstars but a rookie coach and uncertain chemistry. And do they really have enough quality size at this point? Maybe they can flip Dinwiddie and/or Lavert into size but we'll see.

Heat? I respect them as defending East champs but they really haven't improved since last year when all went there way out East. Will Butler do that again? When and if Giannis comes here or to Dallas at season's end look out. But that's next year. As for this year I think they are one guy short of being a true title contender.

7. Mavs--3rd best team in west but needs Porzingis healthy (this may be a familiar refrain)
10. Rockets--Lots of talent but lots of questions particularly about Harden/Westbook and where they'll be playing

In sum, we're the best but the competition will be fierce. LeBron can't drop off much at all. If he does we're in trouble. If he sustains as I'm confident he will I still like our chances health notwithstanding. But man, the NBA is in good shape. Stronger than I've ever seen it in terms of the teams at the top of the heap. I can't wait til December 22!

Idk how Philly isn’t in your top 10 let alone top 5.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:43 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Still cant get over the fact that in less than a week we lost Rondo, Green, and Dwight but got so much better that Kuz went from being our occasional 3rd option to our 6th option at best.

Kuz was essential last year and he underwhelmed...now he's a bonus piece that will likely go off because of a contract year...my gawd...Let's Go!

Good point. It's really amazing that we won the championship this way (Kuz being a "crucial" piece).

So far, our offense would be so much better but our defense regresses
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:46 am    Post subject:

toffee wrote:

Hard Pass. I don't think Pelinka is dumb enough to include Caruso. Kuzma vs Bogdan is not 200% talent wise difference. The you throw McGee our only natural C + THT. Im ok with + Cash & a 2nd.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:50 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
ericp6387 wrote:
1. Lakers
2. Clippers
3. Celtics
4. Nets
5. Heat

Idk how Philly isn’t in your top 10 let alone top 5.

And Bucks have improved a lot by acquiring Holiday.
What has Celtics gained in the offseason that makes them the 1st in the East?
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:51 am    Post subject:

toffee wrote:

Yeah I'm saying no to that one. Kinda kills our depth, particularly including Caruso

I'm just looking for a stretch big, a wing defender and then some other bits and pieces and calling it a day
#18 next...
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:05 am    Post subject:

We need to fill our roster with 4 Vet Mins.

We need 1 PG, 1 SF, and 2 C's because McGee cannot hold the forth every game.

Wishlist: PG - Devonte Graham or Mudiay?
SF - Batum?
PF - Kieff?
C - 2 from MGasol, DMC, Baynes, WCS, Whiteside.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5344, 5345, 5346 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5345 of 8560
Jump to: