OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4877, 4878, 4879 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
I wonder if the Lakers are gonna get Montrezl Harrell. Cause he’s another Klutch client.

Would love to get him to spite the Clippers but he’s gonna want to cash in.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
I wonder if the Lakers are gonna get Montrezl Harrell. Cause he’s another Klutch client.

Any player with Klutch gives a chance.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:

I hope not
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
logical24 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
With a compressed, 72 game season, don't be surprised if Lebron load manages more aggressively both in and out of games this year.

"We are not the Clippers"

This season we wanted to send a message and wanted that first place. I don't think we're going to go for that first place anymore and maybe just relax and load manage for the playoffs. We'll see. The smart play is plenty of load management despite what Lebron says

I hate that mindset. Not only would it cost us home court advantage if games are held in regular arenas for the playoffs, but it would limit how sharp and focused and cohesive we'd be by playoff time.

That lightswitch mentality cost us a couple of championships during the Kobe era, and it could cost us next year's title too.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Harrell was 6th man of the year. He obviously didn't like playing with the Clippers because of lack of leadership. He wouldn't have that problem with playing with LeBron.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
32 wrote:
Lavine is a decent 3 point shooter but he also only shot 45% this year which is not very good. He relies on his athleticism and with the torn ACL already in his young career, it is concerning. He's got good stats on a bad team with a high usage rate but how good would he be as a major player on a contender. I'm not convinced.

57% ts. If anything I’d have to think the high usage is a positive that he can still get it at that TS%. Not like they had a lot of other options. Also, not for nothing, but he was still catching a top defender night in and night out. Might he struggle in a real role on a winning team? Perhaps. But I’d be inclined to believe having an AD and LBJ beside of him to limit teams gameplanning for him would only help. Not to mention, there are a ton of open looks for the guy.

Having said that, I’m personally looking more for a 6man type of 3rd option like Gino or OKC Harden who can fit in beside of Bron and AD but then carry the second unit while not getting in the way if the stars.

Given his defensive limitations, I’d be very surprised if we’re interested in him.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Harrell was 6th man of the year. He obviously didn't like playing with the Clippers because of lack of leadership. He wouldn't have that problem with playing with LeBron.

Good one, you almost had me, nice try. Not falling for it today!
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
So Rob Pelinka went on the Woj pod and said that he’s looking to make moves now to help us next year and then bring in a young star on the rise to pair with AD, I would imagine Zach LaVine would be on Pelinka’s radar.

IG, if anyone offers you Zach LaVine, say no.

ditto for Buddy

Wow someone call the FBI this guy just attacked me
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lavine is a decent 3 point shooter but he also only shot 45% this year which is not very good. He relies on his athleticism and with the torn ACL already in his young career, it is concerning. He's got good stats on a bad team with a high usage rate but how good would he be as a major player on a contender. I'm not convinced.

Wait, he already tore it, shot on a horrible offense in CHI, which is pretty much Kobe's career percentage, and shoots lights out and proved he retained a lot of his athleticism back?

ACL injuries are always bad, but the kind of recovery for younger players vs older players is night and day.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
32 wrote:

Wait, he already tore it, shot on a horrible offense in CHI, which is pretty much Kobe's career percentage, and shoots lights out and proved he retained a lot of his athleticism back?

ACL injuries are always bad, but the kind of recovery for younger players vs older players is night and day.

Wait Mike, are you a LaVine guy??
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
32 wrote:
Yeah, I am not a big fan of LaVine. He's a poor man's, Russell Westbrook. He already tore his ACL. Once his athleticism goes he is toast.

Westbrook's best shooting season from 3 (by far) is about equal to Lavine's worst (by far). Not a fair comparison IMO.

They're two different players. Shooting 38% from the arc on 8 attempts per game, with the kind of contests he faced is actually, kind of upper echelon.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Victor Oladipo?

Quote:
Oladipo’s value is so low that a Kuzma, Green, 1st round Pick is considered too much!”

- Brian Windhorst

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClayWPLG/status/1318221402667913217

This guy at one time was worth a Paul George.

Wouldn't mind this death lineup assuming KCP, Rondo, Kuz are out the door...

AD - C
LBJ - PF
Harkless - SF
Dipo - G
Caruso/Bradley - G

Yep, I'll take it. Don't care if the team shoots 30% from the arc. That's a top tier defensive team all over again, esp in the playoffs.

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Would love Lavine TBH but the Bulls aren't letting him go
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
32 wrote:
Yeah, I am not a big fan of LaVine. He's a poor man's, Russell Westbrook. He already tore his ACL. Once his athleticism goes he is toast.

Westbrook's best shooting season from 3 (by far) is about equal to Lavine's worst (by far). Not a fair comparison IMO.

They're two different players. Shooting 38% from the arc on 8 attempts per game, with the kind of contests he faced is actually, kind of upper echelon.

That was my thinking. Similar argument iirc that some were using in favor of D-Lo during his all-star season in BKN.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Victor Oladipo?

Quote:
Oladipo’s value is so low that a Kuzma, Green, 1st round Pick is considered too much!”

- Brian Windhorst

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClayWPLG/status/1318221402667913217

This guy at one time was worth a Paul George.

Wouldn't mind this death lineup assuming KCP, Rondo, Kuz are out the door...

AD - C
LBJ - PF
Harkless - SF
Dipo - G
Caruso/Bradley - G

Yep, I'll take it. Don't care if the team shoots 30% from the arc. That's a top tier defensive team all over again, esp in the playoffs.

3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Also, why would a championship team need to gamble and take a huge risk in Oladipo?

I'd only do that trade if:

- we were able to sign Gallo or someone else who can be a reliable scorer off the bench and as a starter as we inevitably load manage Lebron and AD a little more next season especially if the 72 game season starting on Dec 22 pushes through

- Bradley opts in

- we can't get a better deal for a Kuz+Green package after exhausting all possibilities

Even then, I'd seriously consider just standing pat if Oladipo's the only available trade.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
32 wrote:

Who cares if Mike is a Lavine guy or not.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Also, why would a championship team need to gamble and take a huge risk in Oladipo?

- we were able to sign Gallo or someone else who can be a reliable scorer off the bench and as a starter as we inevitably load manage Lebron and AD a little more next season especially if the 72 game season starting on Dec 22 pushes through

- Bradley opts in

- we can't get a better deal for a Kuz+Green package after exhausting all possibilities

Even then, I'd seriously consider just standing pat if Oladipo's the only available trade.

Need to or get to? This wouldn't be the first time they've dealt with trading for a player coming off an injury and he isn't available to them without it. The MLE should yield a solid forward, Gallo would be great especially for the reason you mention. You could land a defensive wing with the BAE as well.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
32 wrote:

I wanted him in the lottery during his draft and got flack on LG for it.

Though, I don't think LAL is a great fit for him.

Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Total nutty idea for the Clips -

Wall (41.2) and Beal (28.7) for George (35.4), Beverly (13.3) and Lou (8).

For the financials, in a multi-year context George's extension would more or less equal Wall's deal, and the premium on Beal over Beverly + Lou/Lou replacement is on the order of $6 million. On the court, you go from George to Beal, from Beverly/Lou to Wall.

Washington basically clears their books, and could definitely get reboot assets redirecting the three Clippers.
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Just took a look at LaVine’s 3P% split stats from last season:

October (5 games): 38.7% on 6.2 attempts/gm
November (15 games): 40.5% 7.7 attempts/gm
December (14 games): 39.3% on 8.4 attempts/gm
January (17 games): 33.8% on 8.5 attempts/gm
February (9 games): 40.0% on 8.3 attempts/gm
Total (60 games): 38.0% on 8.1 attempts/gm

Removing January as an apparent outlier/slump, he shot 39.8% for the season from deep at high volume. He’s also a career 81.9% FT shooter, so the guy can clearly shoot. (He’d already be our 2nd best FT shooter behind AD with that %.) Considering the kind of looks he’d be getting in this offense around LeBron & AD, there’s no reason he couldn’t see a career year in his shooting efficiency.

At 6’6” 200 and just 25yo, he’d be the perfect ball-handling combo guard to play alongside Bradley, KCP, Caruso or Rondo (assuming he returns) in the backcourt, so if Chicago would consider Green/Kuzma/#28/THT(?) for him, I think it’s an absolute no-brainer we go after this guy.

LaVine/Caruso
Bradley/KCP/THT
James/Harkless/Dudley
Davis/Morris/Cacok
McGee/Howard/Cousins
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:

- Bradley opts in

If Oladipo's value is as low as it's being implied trading for him would be a low risk high reward move. Even if he doesn't duplicate what he did a few years ago you're still getting good value.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
32 wrote:

I wanted him in the lottery during his draft and got flack on LG for it.

Though, I don't think LAL is a great fit for him.
Would have been better than Randle.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject:

LaVine would be a good fit. Not ideal, because he is high usage, but then again, so is CP.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:

Any player with Klutch gives a chance.

Kinda-sorta,

We've gotten a lot of Klutch players, but they never come at a discount.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4877, 4878, 4879 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4878 of 8560
Jump to: