OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4753, 4754, 4755 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Players I see returning

1. LeBron
2. AD
3. DG
4. KCP( will probably opt out and receive a raise to 10-12M)
5. Caruso
6. Kuzma
7.Dwight (resigned using non bird rights. ~3M)
8. M.Morris (See above)
9. Rondo
10.THT
11. Boogie (Given another chance, low risk high reward)

That leaves 4 roster spots
1. MLE-Favors, Baynes, Wood, Thompson, Clarkson
2. BAE-Teague, Augustin,Alec Burks Harkless, Millsap
3. McGee/AB/28 for BPA (Schroeder, Dinwiddie, Rose, Ball, Taj Gibson/Bullock, Malik Monk..Randle)

Great list. Dwight/Cousins is a playoff center pairing and matchup guys at this point. I’d like to add a player that can give us some legit minutes. Not McGee!! Please. In an ideal world that MLE is used for Clarkson(funny how he’s turned it around...see Monk). Then you get Harkless however possible.
Then you try and do a Monk for Cook swap. Monk has fallen off the map and had some personal issues. This is the perfect team to get him back on his path. AD. Rondo. Cousins. All KU guys so he will have support. You get a young shooter while shipping off Cook who’s a great kid just not a fit. Might take Cook and the 28th to do it.
Then you figure out who wants to take McGee and Green. I think WCS may be an upgraded McGee although he’s injury prone. Harry Giles intrigued me as well as Christian Wood.

Bradley, Rondo, Caruso
Clarkson, KCP, Monk, THT
James, Kuz, Morris
AD, Harkless
Cousins, Dwight, Giles

THT and Monk play G league and split time. Cousins probably can worked in slowly.

I agree, a great list.

Just wanted to confirm that the MLE is roughly $10m and the BAE $4m. Correct?

I see players on that list that would be giving amazing discounts.

I think its like 9.0-9.5m for MLE and 3.0-3.5m for BAE.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Players I see returning

1. LeBron
2. AD
3. DG
5. Caruso
6. Kuzma
8. M.Morris (See above)
9. Rondo
10.THT

3. McGee/AB/28 for BPA (Schroeder, Dinwiddie, Rose, Ball, Taj Gibson/Bullock, Malik Monk..Randle)

Hmm we could really use Bradley but i wonder if Lakers would view him as someone we could move without disrupting team chemistry since hes not here anymore --- and also, i haven't seen ANY of the players mention him the whole bubble so i wonder if any were a little frustrated with him not coming.

I think there's a good chance the BAE would need to be used on either Morris or Dwight.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

Question: im not sure how bird rights work or if we even have them for KCP but could KCP opt out and we give him a raise on a one year deal so that he makes more money but we still keep 2021 flexibility?
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

we probably want to keep howard and morris, at least howard.
he would probably get a lot more than 3m in an open market.
you can hope he will give a discount to stay, but i could see teams trying to tear lakers apart with $.

same argument applies to morris to some degree.
it may take the MLE to keep howard and morris or the MLE and BAE.

cook is under contract so u cannot just let him go without someone agreeing to take him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject:

Heard today the 2020/2021 season might not begin until March.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject:

MLE is roughly 9.8 I believe. And BAE is roughly 4.
Clarkson for 10 mil to play in LA would be great. He can probably get 15-16 so that’s a stretch.
Harkless for 4 mil is a streeeeeeech. Big time. Are teams still able to sign and trade players? Like Clarkson and Bradley for McGee and Green? Utah gets 2 rotation players and doesn’t lose Clarkson for nothing. That saves the MLE for Harkless(Jerami Grant would be Rob’s sequel to last offseason). Then you have the BAE to use on a shooter if needed. I love the idea of Malik Monk. Think he would excel here. Clarkson, Harkless, Monk, Bradley and Giles? You address youth and athleticism with shooting while not compromising the Defense. I think Keef, Caruso, AB are guys you can always count on to play great defense for their positions. The main thing here is the Lakers remain Versatile. Clarkson. AB. Caruso can play 1-2 with Bron and AD.

Longtime LG lurker.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Heard today the 2020/2021 season might not begin until March.

Thats what Simmons and Russillo said.

Likely its going to be Mid January (MLK Weekend) at earliest or early March at latest.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
Clarkson for 10 mil to play in LA would be great. He can probably get 15-16 so that’s a stretch.
Harkless for 4 mil is a streeeeeeech. Big time. Are teams still able to sign and trade players? Like Clarkson and Bradley for McGee and Green? Utah gets 2 rotation players and doesn’t lose Clarkson for nothing. That saves the MLE for Harkless(Jerami Grant would be Rob’s sequel to last offseason). Then you have the BAE to use on a shooter if needed. I love the idea of Malik Monk. Think he would excel here. Clarkson, Harkless, Monk, Bradley and Giles? You address youth and athleticism with shooting while not compromising the Defense. I think Keef, Caruso, AB are guys you can always count on to play great defense for their positions. The main thing here is the Lakers remain Versatile. Clarkson. AB. Caruso can play 1-2 with Bron and AD.

The one thing with Clarkson is I wonder if they'd go after him even tho he doesn't D.

Everyone the Lakers have signed are two way players -- even if not AMAZING ones.

Maybe JC's defense improved this past year -- i wasn't paying attn to his defense. But something to wonder.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject:

JC's defense is still non existent. But he would provide a scoring punch off the bench but I agree his lack of defense may not be a selling point.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

If im the Clippers (thank god im not) im trying to get Lowry.

They need a leader.

Not sure Lou, Beverly, Zubac, Shamet (or even S&T Trez) can get you Lowry or the assets to flip for him --- unless Toronto okay to shed him and re-sign FVV instead.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:

The one thing with Clarkson is I wonder if they'd go after him even tho he doesn't D.

Everyone the Lakers have signed are two way players -- even if not AMAZING ones.

Maybe JC's defense improved this past year -- i wasn't paying attn to his defense. But something to wonder.

As Kuzma has shown, even terrible defenders can be coached up to play bad / mediocre defense. Who knows what work could be done with Clarkson.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

Thinking out loud: is the only way we can realistically get Jerami Grant (unless he took the MLE) to trade Green and/or Kuzma?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:

They need a leader.

Not sure Lou, Beverly, Zubac, Shamet (or even S&T Trez) can get you Lowry or the assets to flip for him --- unless Toronto okay to shed him and re-sign FVV instead.

I think Lowry will make somewhere near 30m. You'll need like a 5 for 1 which is rare.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

They need a leader.

I think Lowry will make somewhere near 30m. You'll need like a 5 for 1 which is rare.

I ran the #s and technically Lou + Beverly + Zubac works for Lowry
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject:

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if Bradley declines player option and goes and gets closer to MLE range (especially cos I have this feeling he maybe ends up with Kyrie in Brooklyn).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

They need a leader.

And then you don't have a starting center and backup guard (but a ton of expiring deals in 2021).
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

They need a leader.

And then you don't have a starting center and backup guard (but a ton of expiring deals in 2021).

Agree but you can find a center in FA a lot easier than finding a starting PG who's a leader.

Not even sure Raps do it or if its enough but if the Clips are smart they will target a leader/winner like Lowry.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject:

For sure. But I think Clips like their Bev/Lou combo for better or worse. I think Raps also value Lowry's leadership (and expiring deal) so I doubt we see a trade, especially b/c Clips have no future 1sts to trade b/c they're all with OKC.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Players I see returning

1. LeBron
2. AD
3. DG
5. Caruso
6. Kuzma
8. M.Morris (See above)
9. Rondo
10.THT

Hmm we could really use Bradley but i wonder if Lakers would view him as someone we could move without disrupting team chemistry since hes not here anymore --- and also, i haven't seen ANY of the players mention him the whole bubble so i wonder if any were a little frustrated with him not coming.

I think there's a good chance the BAE would need to be used on either Morris or Dwight.

With Bradley it comes down to timing, he could opt into his contract but not commit to opting into the season. That's why it may not even come down to their opinion or plans with him, they may be stuck with his deal. At that point, if he hasn't opted out of playing he's like a lotto ticket or expiring deal, hence these scenarios where you deal him with 28 to fill a need.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

The issue with Bradley is that if COVID still remains an issue next year, he already has made it known he can't do the Bubble. Would that force the Lakers to possibly consider buying him out so we could use that roster spot before hand?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The issue with Bradley is that if COVID still remains an issue next year, he already has made it known he can't do the Bubble. Would that force the Lakers to possibly consider buying him out so we could use that roster spot before hand?

why would you buy him out? I think he opts out and goes to his buddy Kyrie

if he opts in, i would love to trade him out in a day
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Best case scenario: Bradley opts in and we trade him to Brooklyn for Dinwiddie.

PS. Yes, I know the salaries don't match up, it was a joke...kinda.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Right. That's what I was trying to say. Basically, if he opts into his deal, would you keep him around all season knowing that if COVID is still an issue and we have to do another Bubble style playoffs, he's out?

It's a lot of speculation for sure, but at least we know.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Right. That's what I was trying to say. Basically, if he opts into his deal, would you keep him around all season knowing that if COVID is still an issue and we have to do another Bubble style playoffs, he's out?

It's a lot of speculation for sure, but at least we know.

Now that we all see the NBA bubble concept actually work preventing COVID, Bradley need to decide if he's gonna play or not. I mean any team he plays gonna be in the bubble
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

They need a leader.

Agree but you can find a center in FA a lot easier than finding a starting PG who's a leader.

Not even sure Raps do it or if its enough but if the Clips are smart they will target a leader/winner like Lowry.

Lowry is their leader. Unless he asks out specifically to the Clippers, no way they even think about that deal. They let Lou walk without even a phone call after he won sixth man of the year with them because they knew he shrunk in the playoffs. Pat Bev is a guy who barks a lot and can be a pesky defender with a decent shot from three, but in the end he’s just a guy. Zu is fine, but no way they’re moving Lowry for those three guys and no first round picks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4753, 4754, 4755 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4754 of 8560
Jump to: