OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4752, 4753, 4754 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:58 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
2022 would be a surprising FA year as well.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2022/ufa/

I'd go after Marcus Smart, the best perimeter defender, and intangibles guy. He and Caruso on the perimeter with LA's bigs defending the paint would be suffocating. I really see him as a starting point guard on a championship level team.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:14 am    Post subject:

I hope the Clippers make that trade with the Nets. High-end talent is what wins championships. Say what you want about PG, but he's clearly, clearly better than LeVert. And all Dinwiddie would be is another Lou Williams, unplayable on defense in crunch time.

As for the Nets, I actually think it's fair, especially since the Nets would be one team that might be able to keep PG long-term. Big city, two other stars, another legit shot at a title. PG as a third option on offense is outstanding, as there would be much less pressure on him, and he can provide them with much-needed defense. If Durant and Irving are healthy, the Nets would be the favorite in the East next season with that deal.

And by the way, that same package would not be enough to get Beal, who has two seasons left before he can opt out.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:35 am    Post subject:

I would go for Smart and Lavine. These two + AD and plus some good shooters and complementary players. I hope AD after this final will learn from Bron how to lead a team once LBJ is gone.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:51 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I would go for Smart and Lavine. These two + AD and plus some good shooters and complementary players. I hope AD after this final will learn from Bron how to lead a team once LBJ is gone.

I would offer Marcus Smart a big contract to be our starting 2 guard, I like this idea
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:56 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I hope the Clippers make that trade with the Nets. High-end talent is what wins championships. Say what you want about PG, but he's clearly, clearly better than LeVert. And all Dinwiddie would be is another Lou Williams, unplayable on defense in crunch time.

As for the Nets, I actually think it's fair, especially since the Nets would be one team that might be able to keep PG long-term. Big city, two other stars, another legit shot at a title. PG as a third option on offense is outstanding, as there would be much less pressure on him, and he can provide them with much-needed defense. If Durant and Irving are healthy, the Nets would be the favorite in the East next season with that deal.

And by the way, that same package would not be enough to get Beal, who has two seasons left before he can opt out.

What's the source of this rumor?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:13 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

I would offer Marcus Smart a big contract to be our starting 2 guard, I like this idea

damn we lookin ahead to 2022-23 season now?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:40 am    Post subject:

I'm laughing at PG cause of the choke job but he's still an under 30 star, a KD (if close to 100), Kyrie (I mean Ron Artest overcame psych issue with help) and PG (see Kyrie)... that's up there with Steph/Klay/Draymond big 3 (on paper). Anyway, don't care about these foos.
I do want to upgrade the players we not using much, JR Smith, Dion, Cook... prob the only assets we have are Kuz, McGee, DG and the 1st rd pick.
Schroeder would be heir apparent to Rondo
Rose I like cause he been playing well and can get buckets (also Rondo insurance... our 3rd option)
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject:

We need to get a draft pick or young FA pick up, that Rondo can mentor and the team can develop into the future Rondo, role. Someone that can master the lob entry passing, the angles of passes to cutters. Etc. It is something that I thought Rondo was going to do for Lonzo.

We will not find a talent like Lonzo, but we need to keep an eye out for this role longterm. It is probably our biggest need, longterm.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
After a productive Wednesday of talks with Sixers, Doc Rivers has emerged as a serious candidate in process to hire a new coach, sources tell ESPN. Rivers left town after meeting with ownership and GM Elton Brand. Mike D’Antoni remains other prominent candidate in search.

dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
After a productive Wednesday of talks with Sixers, Doc Rivers has emerged as a serious candidate in process to hire a new coach, sources tell ESPN. Rivers left town after meeting with ownership and GM Elton Brand. Mike D’Antoni remains other prominent candidate in search.

Was kind of thinking he would take a year off for whatever reason.

So many playoff teams will have new coaches. Philly, LAC, Pacers, OKC, Rockets. The nets will be a play off team next year. Maybe Pelicans. Nearly a 3rd of the NBA will have new head coaches
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
We need to get a draft pick or young FA pick up, that Rondo can mentor and the team can develop into the future Rondo, role. Someone that can master the lob entry passing, the angles of passes to cutters. Etc. It is something that I thought Rondo was going to do for Lonzo.

We will not find a talent like Lonzo, but we need to keep an eye out for this role longterm. It is probably our biggest need, longterm.

Jordan McLauglin.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Let's do it!
MDA to Philly would be interesting.
How would he deal with Ben's reluctance to shoot 3s
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Let's do it!
MDA to Philly would be interesting.
How would he deal with Ben's reluctance to shoot 3s

D’Antoni feels like an awful fit in Philly.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject:

How does Doc get another chance? He is a HORRIBLE coach.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

Nobody enjoys dunking on Doc more than me, and his playoff adjustments leave a lot to be desired, but he’s not a horrible coach.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

The great thing about being a champion or contender for a championship is players will come for a discount just to play with Lebron and AD to get a ring. It feels good to be in that position again.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject:

my pipe:
J Grant
LaVine - kuzma/28/green
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Nobody enjoys dunking on Doc more than me, and his playoff adjustments leave a lot to be desired, but he’s not a horrible coach.
I remember people on this site wanted doc before he resign with the clippers and the lakers got Vogel
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject:

Even though we will be the champs this year if this team doesn’t improve the bench other teams will catch up on the lakers next year
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Players I see returning

1. LeBron
2. AD
3. DG
4. KCP( will probably opt out and receive a raise to 10-12M)
5. Caruso
6. Kuzma
7.Dwight (resigned using non bird rights. ~3M)
8. M.Morris (See above)
9. Rondo
10.THT
11. Boogie (Given another chance, low risk high reward)

That leaves 4 roster spots
1. MLE-Favors, Baynes, Wood, Thompson, Clarkson
2. BAE-Teague, Augustin,Alec Burks Harkless, Millsap
3. McGee/AB/28 for BPA (Schroeder, Dinwiddie, Rose, Ball, Taj Gibson/Bullock, Malik Monk..Randle)

Great list. Dwight/Cousins is a playoff center pairing and matchup guys at this point. I’d like to add a player that can give us some legit minutes. Not McGee!! Please. In an ideal world that MLE is used for Clarkson(funny how he’s turned it around...see Monk). Then you get Harkless however possible.
Then you try and do a Monk for Cook swap. Monk has fallen off the map and had some personal issues. This is the perfect team to get him back on his path. AD. Rondo. Cousins. All KU guys so he will have support. You get a young shooter while shipping off Cook who’s a great kid just not a fit. Might take Cook and the 28th to do it.
Then you figure out who wants to take McGee and Green. I think WCS may be an upgraded McGee although he’s injury prone. Harry Giles intrigued me as well as Christian Wood.

Bradley, Rondo, Caruso
Clarkson, KCP, Monk, THT
James, Kuz, Morris
AD, Harkless
Cousins, Dwight, Giles

THT and Monk play G league and split time. Cousins probably can worked in slowly.

Longtime LG lurker.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

I agree the bench will need to improved.

We all hope for the discounts and will likely see some. It’s the result of winning. And most of the time only affects the end of the bench not consistent contributors.

But for me the interesting part will be how they choose to use trades or the #28 pick. How much of of roster chemistry is lost by those leaving and can it be replaced by a incoming vet?

As for the draft. Would love to see the Lakers find a diamond in the rough PG and develop him. There seem to be a few decent options in that 22-32 range in most mock drafts. Player does not have to be a star, just a solid contributor. Not an impossible task IMO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

I actually wouldn't mind Clarkson. But his defense leaves a LOT to be desired, so would Vogel/Lakers want him back? (he would be a good combo guard off the bench otherwise).
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject:

Lets say ** knock on wood ** Lakers sweep Heat and the whole team looks really good.

Does that affect potential moves youre making?

Do you still look to trade Green or Kuzma (along with #28)?

I think we'll need to upgrade regardless because its hard to repeat and teams will be improving.

But im also in favor of bringing back as much of the team as makes sense.

My dream would be LaVine or Jerami Grant.

Not sure either are possible.

If the team didn't want to trade Green or Kuzma then I would say:

• Trade McGee (to free up the roster spot -- and then sign Boogie to a minimum)

• Let Cook go

• Let Waiters go

And go with the below roster + MLE + #28

Bradley / Caruso / Rondo

Green / Pope / ???

James / ??? / THT

Davis / Kuzma / Morris / Dudley

Howard / Cousins
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject:

Do we have a need for montrezl Harrell? I think he's over his clippers teammates. But he's basically an undersized center. Wish he could shoot the 3!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Players I see returning

1. LeBron
2. AD
3. DG
4. KCP( will probably opt out and receive a raise to 10-12M)
5. Caruso
6. Kuzma
7.Dwight (resigned using non bird rights. ~3M)
8. M.Morris (See above)
9. Rondo
10.THT
11. Boogie (Given another chance, low risk high reward)

That leaves 4 roster spots
1. MLE-Favors, Baynes, Wood, Thompson, Clarkson
2. BAE-Teague, Augustin,Alec Burks Harkless, Millsap
3. McGee/AB/28 for BPA (Schroeder, Dinwiddie, Rose, Ball, Taj Gibson/Bullock, Malik Monk..Randle)

Great list. Dwight/Cousins is a playoff center pairing and matchup guys at this point. I’d like to add a player that can give us some legit minutes. Not McGee!! Please. In an ideal world that MLE is used for Clarkson(funny how he’s turned it around...see Monk). Then you get Harkless however possible.
Then you try and do a Monk for Cook swap. Monk has fallen off the map and had some personal issues. This is the perfect team to get him back on his path. AD. Rondo. Cousins. All KU guys so he will have support. You get a young shooter while shipping off Cook who’s a great kid just not a fit. Might take Cook and the 28th to do it.
Then you figure out who wants to take McGee and Green. I think WCS may be an upgraded McGee although he’s injury prone. Harry Giles intrigued me as well as Christian Wood.

Bradley, Rondo, Caruso
Clarkson, KCP, Monk, THT
James, Kuz, Morris
AD, Harkless
Cousins, Dwight, Giles

THT and Monk play G league and split time. Cousins probably can worked in slowly.

I agree, a great list.

Just wanted to confirm that the MLE is roughly $10m and the BAE $4m. Correct?

I see players on that list that would be giving amazing discounts.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4752, 4753, 4754 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4753 of 8560
Jump to: