OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4750, 4751, 4752 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Factor guys, we are likely spending a 1 year MLE at most. We may look at trades with contracts expiring at end of next season.

Until Giannis signs an extension, there is no way the Lakers are even thinking of spending caproom of 2021-22. The Lakers offseason of 2021 is going to be about recruiting Giannis. That is how they operate, that is how they got back to the NBA Finals with Bron and AD.

It is a long shot, but I would definitely try.

I would focus on re-signing Dwight and Morris, and this will cost our MLE. Neither guys are vet min level players.

If we really want to improve, we need to focus on internal growth through player development, such as working with Kuzma on an offseason plan to help him to improve in his role. Same work offseason plan with THT. And drafting well with our #28 pick.

With MLE, I use it to keep the strength of this team (Our HUGE and versatile front court around AD) in tact by re-signing micro ball big Morris, and playoff power ball big Howard.

Even if Giannis wanted to come here, how do we do it? Assuming AD opts-in or re-signs, can we add a Giannis contract to AD + Lebron + Deng + incomplete roster charges? Or do we have to expect LeBron to opt out and re-sign for whatever's left? Isn't it Giannis ($40ish M) + AD ($36M?) + Deng ($5M) + LeBron (now $41M) + incomplete holds? That means either peace to LeBron or asking him to sign for like less than $20M, no? I don't see it.

Also, not sure I see Giannis/AD as an amazing pairing, even if we asked LeBron to leave. Would you run AD as point-center in that circumstance a la Jokic?

This all seems moot anyways, because I'm betting either Giannis stays or is traded this off-season ... and I cannot see how we can acquire Giannis with our current roster and assets.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Factor guys, we are likely spending a 1 year MLE at most. We may look at trades with contracts expiring at end of next season.

Until Giannis signs an extension, there is no way the Lakers are even thinking of spending caproom of 2021-22. The Lakers offseason of 2021 is going to be about recruiting Giannis. That is how they operate, that is how they got back to the NBA Finals with Bron and AD.

It is a long shot, but I would definitely try.

I would focus on re-signing Dwight and Morris, and this will cost our MLE. Neither guys are vet min level players.

If we really want to improve, we need to focus on internal growth through player development, such as working with Kuzma on an offseason plan to help him to improve in his role. Same work offseason plan with THT. And drafting well with our #28 pick.

With MLE, I use it to keep the strength of this team (Our HUGE and versatile front court around AD) in tact by re-signing micro ball big Morris, and playoff power ball big Howard.

Even if Giannis wanted to come here, how do we do it? Assuming AD opts-in or re-signs, can we add a Giannis contract to AD + Lebron + Deng + incomplete roster charges? Or do we have to expect LeBron to opt out and re-sign for whatever's left? Isn't it Giannis ($40ish M) + AD ($36M?) + Deng ($5M) + LeBron (now $41M) + incomplete holds? That means either peace to LeBron or asking him to sign for like less than $20M, no? I don't see it.

Also, not sure I see Giannis/AD as an amazing pairing, even if we asked LeBron to leave. Would you run AD as point-center in that circumstance a la Jokic?

This all seems moot anyways, because I'm betting either Giannis stays or is traded this off-season ... and I cannot see how we can acquire Giannis with our current roster and assets.

LeBron would have to take a major one year pay cut. Probably with the promise to be made up on back end with a deal that pays him even after retirement.

Doesnt help that the cap isnt expected to rise as originally thought. Let's use a 110M cap number (About what it is now)

AD-33M (9 year max = 30% of 110M cap)
Giannis-33M (same as above)
Deng-5M
9 Roster Holds-9M
Total-80M

That leaves about 30M for LeBron (11M paycut). 20M if we want to keep Kuzma's rights.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

if AD is in our future plan, which i think he is, duh.... i don't think Giannis is a good fit with AD. both are stud defensively, but on offense they'll get in each other's way. i also have my doubt on Giannis' mental toughness. AD isn't your typical Alpha type of player, having Giannis who's in the same mold mentally as AD isn't going to help us much. sure i'd love to have Giannis, but just him and AD alone not so much. what i prefer is someone like Dame, who has the killer instinct, not afraid of the big moments. i'm cross my fingers hoping the Blazers team implode soon.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
I bolded the guys that I think are MLE money AND actually are 2-way players while providing an LAL fit AND fitting in 2021 plays.

There's no other player worth forgoing 2021 FA plans for, so why go that route?

Do you think we land a big fish in 2021? I'm starting to doubt that we will.

Even if LAL doesn't, there are other plans that can be made for the next following FA year.

LAL isn't going to waste AD's prime. Getting that capspace allows for a lot of flexibility in adding the right talent around him.

This is what the route we should take going forward. Sign players that can help us win for a year and keep our option open for 21. The development of Kuz is vital too and so does Caruso and THT. If they going to continue to improve while they are still relatively cheap, we can entice another marquee player to pair with AD and milk whatever Lebron left.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

If you can get Giannis, you dont worry about fit. However, I think Giannis/AD would fit just fine.

Would just have to build the team with shooters around the 2.

Giannis coming here just doesnt seem likely to me. He seems to be more Kawhi instead of KD. Wanting to be the face his own team.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject:

Marc Gasol signing with Barcelona, apparently

IMO he would've asked for more than the MLE anyway but definitely wish him all the best
#18 next...
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject:

2022 would be a surprising FA year as well.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2022/ufa/

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
2022 would be a surprising FA year as well.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2022/ufa/

I would focus on that FA instead of Giannis. Make this offseason another team for the next 2 years and then in 2022 try to get another superstar to play with AD and an old LeBron if he wants to retire here.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
if AD is in our future plan, which i think he is, duh.... i don't think Giannis is a good fit with AD. both are stud defensively, but on offense they'll get in each other's way. i also have my doubt on Giannis' mental toughness. AD isn't your typical Alpha type of player, having Giannis who's in the same mold mentally as AD isn't going to help us much. sure i'd love to have Giannis, but just him and AD alone not so much. what i prefer is someone like Dame, who has the killer instinct, not afraid of the big moments. i'm cross my fingers hoping the Blazers team implode soon.

Lillard would be a great 2nd fiddle to AD, also we can add James Harden to that list who I know Laker fans don’t like as a player but he’s gonna be a FA in a few years.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ralph Mason
@Ralph_MasonJr
·
15m
Marc Gasol signing with FC Barcelona

thank god
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Think we all can agree on

Baynes (Favors), Harkless (Kieff Morris), Augustin (Teague) being our targets using the MLE and BAE

Gasol looks out of gas and Millsap not too far behind. If they want to come for vet min, sure.

Yeah we disagree on player value. Baynes at MLE? Yes. Favors? probably gets that or more.

Harkless? MLE. Kieff should get half that, not BAE.

Augustin? MLE. Teague? I don't see why he'd accept less then MLE.

Gasol and Millsap? That's exactly why it's one year deals.

Once again, why would we play either of those two guys more than 24mpg?

We saw how Dwight played during this year's playoffs. Imagine it's Marc Gasol (hell Jokic is the same archetype) and he can actually pass and shoot 3s? There's some spacing AD needs.

I wouldn't disrespect Pau Gasol's brother for a vet min contract.

And Just like that, he's going to Barcelona

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
I'm seeing that Beal recently bought a home in LA for nearly 7MM. Now, it not surprise anyone wants to live here but since I dont see any realistic way the Lakers can get Beal...I left wondering if PG is anywhere near enough to land the clippers Beal. I'm thinking no and the Wizards would be crazy to make that trade especially since PG can just walk after next year, too.

Anyone else see this is an unlikely trade for the clippers or am I just blind?

I agree with you, I don’t see the Clippers making a trade for Beal.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Lillard would be a great 2nd fiddle to AD, also we can add James Harden to that list who I know Laker fans don’t like as a player but he’s gonna be a FA in a few years.

The way Lillard was clowning PG/Kawhi for switching teams, I doubt he'd do the same. Would love to have him though.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

The way Lillard was clowning PG/Kawhi for switching teams, I doubt he'd do the same. Would love to have him though.

Really depends if he really wants a championship, I know he said that staying with the Blazers was a priority but as players age and they realize the dream of winning a title is slipping away they will start to look into options, and Lillard is no different, he is to good of a player to be stuck on a treadmill team like the Blazers.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Really depends if he really wants a championship, I know he said that staying with the Blazers was a priority but as players age and they realize the dream of winning a title is slipping away they will start to look into options, and Lillard is no different, he is to good of a player to be stuck on a treadmill team like the Blazers.

he just said on TNT last week that its ok if he doesnt win championship but he is not jumping on other teams bandwagon and forming a super team
monster_montego
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

C Pipe dream

Dwight- BAE
Marcus Morris jumps ship, splits MLE with Kieff
Teague - Minimum
Boogie- good faith vet min
No market for Josh Jackson and he signs vet min with us

Green, Kuz, McGee, whatever first we have left for Oladipo

KCP, Teague, Rondo
Oladipo, Caruso, THT
LBJ, Marcus, Jackson
AD, Kieff, Dudley
D39, Boogie
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

monster_montego wrote:
C Pipe dream

Dwight- BAE
Marcus Morris jumps ship, splits MLE with Kieff
Teague - Minimum
Boogie- good faith vet min
No market for Josh Jackson and he signs vet min with us

Green, Kuz, McGee, whatever first we have left for Oladipo

KCP, Teague, Rondo
Oladipo, Caruso, THT
LBJ, Marcus, Jackson
AD, Kieff, Dudley
D39, Boogie

Sorry but this is a pipe...Teague gets much more than minimum...Marcus will sign for much more than $5 million. Boogie is a minimum guy and Josh maybe too....Orlando can do much better than the offer you suggested.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

No one really bringing this up, but how the games will be played next year with fans or no fans will determine what kind of moves are made during the off season there has been a lot of talk that a lot of the contenders flamed out during the bubble playoffs because of the bubble environment.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

he just said on TNT last week that its ok if he doesnt win championship but he is not jumping on other teams bandwagon and forming a super team

Who said he’s gonna form a super team? AD and Lillard isn’t a super team it’s a great tandem and that’s it. Lillard is not gonna be joining LeBron and AD.. Just AD.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

Are you guys watching the Finals???
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

what else you expect him to day? oh gosh i can't wait to get out of Portland?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Haha exactly, people don’t realize that most franchise players are royal to the Organization they play for, he’s not gonna make the Blazers look bad by asking out, it’s gonna be a decision made by Lillard and his camp and the Blazers FO.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject:

Harkless is such a perfect fit, its scary. Get him in tow, then make a small trade.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Harkless is such a perfect fit, its scary. Get him in tow, then make a small trade.

He’s coming. Did you see his reaction when the Knicks reporter asked him about being released? He said the right things, but his reaction said otherwise.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Haha exactly, people don’t realize that most franchise players are royal to the Organization they play for, he’s not gonna make the Blazers look bad by asking out, it’s gonna be a decision made by Lillard and his camp and the Blazers FO.

Lilliard's under contract to the Blazers through 2025, when he'll be 35 and his career could be over. He really doesn't have a say in where he'll play anymore.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4750, 4751, 4752 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4751 of 8560
Jump to: