OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4729, 4730, 4731 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject:

How about this trade idea: Kuzma and Danny Green To the 76ers for Al Horford and Zhaire Smith.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:25 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
How about this trade idea: Kuzma and Danny Green To the 76ers for Al Horford and Zhaire Smith.

Kids...don't drink and post
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:26 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think it’s pretty much a given that McGee doesn’t come back next year and depending on if we win this series I could see quite a few players not coming back.

i think mcgee has player's option

I thought their could be some kind of market for McGee and maybe a frustration with him over minutes, but he's been a non-factor in 3 straight playoff series. What is the need for him?

I can't see any team calling his agent and saying "hey we'll pay him 5 million if he opts out." No way.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject:

Maginka wrote:
Saw something about Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson getting back together, might be able to get him on the cheap, obv close with Bron, only 29/30 would be a nice add....

I like him in the Howard/McGee role, only better. But I think he gets a good offer from somewhere.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:50 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:

I don't want the (basketball) fossil, Al Horford, anywhere near this team.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Maginka wrote:
Saw something about Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson getting back together, might be able to get him on the cheap, obv close with Bron, only 29/30 would be a nice add....

I like him in the Howard/McGee role, only better. But I think he gets a good offer from somewhere.

Tristan-AD-Dwight would destroy any front court
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
I’m not high on Gianis either. For teams like Warriors, Miami, Houston sure he’s the perfect fit, because those teams have plenty of reliable outside shooters to make space for him in the paint. Can you imaging him and LeBron in the same lineup? teams will just pack the paint and dare them to shoot.

They do that now with AD, fwiw. Despite our average/sub average shooting, it hasn't stopped LAL yet.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Maginka wrote:

I like Tristan but under no way should we be using the MLE on a big. That should be for a wing or guard.

Tristan will get full MLE.

The most im willing to spend on a big is the BAE but ideally that's going to Markief.

Theres a lot of serviceable big men out there -- get one for the vet min (ideally Dwight + Boogie with AD, Cacok and Morris playing some C too).
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Maginka wrote:

I don't see the three of them playing together.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Maginka wrote:

They'll take turn abusing opposing frontcourt in their ways. Dwight would come off bench of course and the death line up would have both Dwight and Tristan on bench
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Maginka wrote:

They'll take turn abusing opposing frontcourt in their ways. Dwight would come off bench of course and the death line up would have both Dwight and Tristan on bench

Sure, I'd love to have him on the roster. Don't see a chance of that happening though
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Maginka wrote:

Except Tristan sucks...and sucks bad. He got a big ol' contract (5 yrs $82,000,000) and has sucked since. 12 points a game for that huge contract? No thanks....
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Maginka wrote:

Except Tristan sucks...and sucks bad. He got a big ol' contract (5 yrs $82,000,000) and has sucked since. 12 points a game for that huge contract? No thanks....

According to you everybody sucks, Lonzo sucks, Tristan sucks

😂

Please tell us who is worthy of playing for the lakers
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

But that huge contract is over. He's a 12/10 guy on the UFA market. He'll probably be an MLE level guy. I'm not a fan of his game, so I'd take a pass on him unless he slipped through the cracks and was available cheap.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I'd pass on Tristan because he can't defend, can't pass, can't shoot.

Fill zero needs for the team, and played 57, 43, 53 games the past 3 seasons.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1309253516808998912

This is surprising, thought he would be happy in Minny when the FO traded for DLo I guess something still isn’t sitting well with KAT.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

That big contract was the result of good timing as much as anything. But that contract is over, and he’ll probably get the MLE this time around.

He really hasn't "sucked." It's fair to say he was overpaid last time and his game doesn't really mesh with the modern NBA.

Anyway, like I said, I don’t think we’ll go after him. But someone will. The Cavs might resign him.
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

If you're concerned about Jokic, the best defender against him is cousins but who knows how healthy he will be next season. A howard cousins tandem would be ideal but I don't expect Mcgee to opt out and the Lakers can't have 3 centers right?
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject:

aiel wrote:
If you're concerned about Jokic, the best defender against him is cousins but who knows how healthy he will be next season. A howard cousins tandem would be ideal but I don't expect Mcgee to opt out and the Lakers can't have 3 centers right?
I think JeVal ends up getting traded.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
aiel wrote:
I think JeVal ends up getting traded.

But to whom? Legitimately, who will take on JaVale? I love the guy because he has stuck with us the past couple of years, but in the playoffs against highly athletic teams, he is a net negative. If we make it to the Finals and play the Heat, hopefully he can prove me wrong and drive up his trade value.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject:

Whoever we get, one thing I've learned is that size (still) matters in the NBA. The era of the bigman is not over. Denver and the Lakers are the best teams remaining in the playoffs, and both teams have effective bigman presence down low. Teams like Houston, Miami, and the Celts are all basically the same; run ragged on the perimeter and use an athletic 3 or 4 to attack the inside. But none of these teams have a bigman that can rim protect and control the key. Dwight Howard needs to return to this Lakers team, and we need to add another bigman that can hit the midrange. Although not big, I'd like to see Montrez Harrell on this Lakers team. He'd be a good inclose supplement to AD on the perimeter, and he and Dwight could control the boards and key when they play together. Get rid of Green, Kuzma and whoever else and get Harrell on this team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject:

Size matters. But if you have a big man who can pass/shoot, an added bonus. In theory, a healthy-ish Boogie would have been amazing for us, especially if we still signed Dwight. Now, I can't trust Boogie to stay healthy nor would I give him anything above a minimum. But I would bring Boogie back next season.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
I'd pass on Tristan because he can't defend, can't pass, can't shoot.

Fill zero needs for the team, and played 57, 43, 53 games the past 3 seasons.

Hmmmm....sounds like Danny Green...except he unfortunately plays a lot.
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

Lol do you really want Tristan Thomas in LA?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Size matters. But if you have a big man who can pass/shoot, an added bonus. In theory, a healthy-ish Boogie would have been amazing for us, especially if we still signed Dwight. Now, I can't trust Boogie to stay healthy nor would I give him anything above a minimum. But I would bring Boogie back next season.

I would do this if you can package McGee with someone like DG or Kuz. Dwight, AD and Boogie (if healthy and at the minimum) should be enough.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4729, 4730, 4731 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4730 of 8560
Jump to: