OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4628, 4629, 4630 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
"People down in Orlando tell me Lonzo Ball looked like he’d checked out the whole time the Pels were there, and that they expect some significant roster adjustments in New Orleans before next season."

- David Aldridge (Via The Athletic)

That Beal trade might be coming with Lonzo, Holiday + picks involved.

Between Nets and Pels most likely.

They better be making some coaching adjustments as well.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
So the Bulls fired Jim Boylen, that’s something to keep a eye on because which ever coach they bring in will dictate what they do with Zach LaVine.

I think that firing Boylen tells us all we need to know.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
epic_ wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
but... lOnZo iS aN aLl sTaR...

I'm ready for Lonzo to come back to the Lakers in 2022.
Make it happen!

I can't stand another round of Lavar Ball

True.
I don't know if it's cuz Zo is in NO or cuz of covid but Lavar has been pretty quiet this year.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
danzag wrote:
epic_ wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
but... lOnZo iS aN aLl sTaR...

I'm ready for Lonzo to come back to the Lakers in 2022.
Make it happen!

I can't stand another round of Lavar Ball

True.
I don't know if it's cuz Zo is in NO or cuz of covid but Lavar has been pretty quiet this year.

It's because of Zo.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
"People down in Orlando tell me Lonzo Ball looked like he’d checked out the whole time the Pels were there, and that they expect some significant roster adjustments in New Orleans before next season."

- David Aldridge (Via The Athletic)

That Beal trade might be coming with Lonzo, Holiday + picks involved.

Between Nets and Pels most likely.

I think beal is going to nets. now will the nets trade LeVert to get Beal? I think so

much better then holiday/zo/picks?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Vlade stepping down or got fired?
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

The report said Vlade stepped down, but from the way the kings owner spoke it sounded like it was the Kings decision. Not sure what it means to step down instead of being fired. Maybe it's just so Vlade can save face?

They said Luke is keeping his job. Doesn't sound like he has any job security. Obviously if next season starts off bad I think we can expect Luke to be out of a job. No winning seasons and fired twice in your limited career. I don't know if he ever gets another shot as a NBA head coach after this.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

The report said Vlade stepped down, but from the way the kings owner spoke it sounded like it was the Kings decision. Not sure what it means to step down instead of being fired. Maybe it's just so Vlade can save face?

They said Luke is keeping his job. Doesn't sound like he has any job security. Obviously if next season starts off bad I think we can expect Luke to be out of a job. No winning seasons and fired twice in your limited career. I don't know if he ever gets another shot as a NBA head coach after this.
Pretty sad, Vlade locks in Bogdan to an extension and then they get rid of him.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
eureca wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Did he? I thought the deadline long passed for extensions?
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
scoobs wrote:
eureca wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Did he pass on it? My bad. Maybe we have a chance then.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
eureca wrote:
scoobs wrote:
eureca wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

He passed a year back bro
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
scoobs wrote:
eureca wrote:
scoobs wrote:
eureca wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

He passed a year back bro
Nice!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject:

I'd love to have BB-8 on the Lakers
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject:

Gentry fired from the Pelicans. Kidd a candidate.

Quote:
As @wojespn reported last week, two names expected to be in the search are Ty Lue and Jason Kidd.

Another name to watch - if the Nets don’t retain him - is Brooklyn’s Jacque Vaughn. twitter.com/_andrew_lopez/…

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

Why isn’t Mark Jackson a candidate for the Pelicans coaching job? he should at least be considered.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Gentry fired from the Pelicans. Kidd a candidate.

Quote:
As @wojespn reported last week, two names expected to be in the search are Ty Lue and Jason Kidd.

Another name to watch - if the Nets don’t retain him - is Brooklyn’s Jacque Vaughn. twitter.com/_andrew_lopez/…

Damn our ex young kids stay getting coaches fired. Lol Jk jk
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Why isn’t Mark Jackson a candidate for the Pelicans coaching job? he should at least be considered.

Mark Jackson did something, and I don't know what, to get blackballed.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

hope the Joe doesn't like him that much.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I feel bad for him, really I do, he has been wanted get into coaching the last several years and teams just brush him off, at least let the guy get a interview.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He's not that good as a coach, that's what
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
kwase wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Give a mediocre coach a chance with his past is a hard no if i'm making a decision as well..

Here's only a couple reasons why.. I know quite a few Warriors fans that were so over him by the end they couldn't wait to never see him as coach again.

https://www.tmz.com/2014/07/07/mark-jackson-sidewalk-preaching-los-angeles/

It's cool to have those beliefs and I strongly believe anyone should be able to stand by whatever that consists of but you can't be a coach of a bunch of grown men who differ in opinion and try to make them choose which is what he supposedly did to several Warriors players and separated the locker room with religion. He also had strong words against anyone gay which is a massive no go in the current climate especially.

There was also stories that he told the team not to trust the front office and had a huge power struggle going on with them. He also supposedly hated Jerry West and several other high officials to the point he banned them from practices.

There was the huge thing with Ezili I remember as well which led to more players fed up with his backstabbing and manipulations that was becoming more of a pattern then a random occurrence.

all this while being a "born again pastor" which towards the end he got caught cheating on his wife with a stripper because her and a guy were blackmailing him lmao..

There's endless other things as well if you look it up. I'm sure some were intensified to sound worse but many were clear facts and when you have this much smoke surrounding you it's never going to end well.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
danzag wrote:
kwase wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Give a mediocre coach a chance with his past is a hard no if i'm making a decision as well..

Here's only a couple reasons why.. I know quite a few Warriors fans that were so over him by the end they couldn't wait to never see him as coach again.

https://www.tmz.com/2014/07/07/mark-jackson-sidewalk-preaching-los-angeles/

It's cool to have those beliefs and I strongly believe anyone should be able to stand by whatever that consists of but you can't be a coach of a bunch of grown men who differ in opinion and try to make them choose which is what he supposedly did to several Warriors players and separated the locker room with religion. He also had strong words against anyone gay which is a massive no go in the current climate especially.

There was also stories that he told the team not to trust the front office and had a huge power struggle going on with them. He also supposedly hated Jerry West and several other high officials to the point he banned them from practices.

There was the huge thing with Ezili I remember as well which led to more players fed up with his backstabbing and manipulations that was becoming more of a pattern then a random occurrence.

all this while being a "born again pastor" which towards the end he got caught cheating on his wife with a stripper because her and a guy were blackmailing him lmao..

There's endless other things as well if you look it up. I'm sure some were intensified to sound worse but many were clear facts and when you have this much smoke surrounding you it's never going to end well.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the open-air preaching he was doing in that video, though.
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

There's no such thing as job security in Sacramento because the franchise has been in the stuck in the toilet for 15 years. All you need to know this is that Luke has the second best win-loss record of any coach in Sacramento Kings history. Barring a draft lottery win catapulting the Kings into the playoffs next season, Luke is likely to be fired by the new administration so they can replace him with "their guy."

That being said, Luke is way too young to never see a head coaching job again. He'll likely need to settle for an assistant coaching role for a few years like Kidd has done but eventually he'll be in the conversation for head coach openings.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

R2 will always be the GOAT. Carried C3PO’s ass. Won 3 rings. Quit for a little bit. Came back and won 3 more. Held (bleep) down when Ben let Anikan go to Vegas and party mid-season. Didn’t have to give himself a nickname like BB-8 did.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject:

I like Gentry as a person but he was a lousy coach for that team.

So many turnovers and losing leads at the end.

If Zion is healthy... that team will do well with a good coach.

I'd even consider trading Jrue for a center or picks as he makes too many bonehead mistakes... in spite of his solid defense. Watching the Pelicans this season I had to wonder if Jrue was the reason why AD never got far in the playoffs. He's a good player obviously, but something is missing there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4628, 4629, 4630 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4629 of 8560
Jump to: