OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4598, 4599, 4600 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:
Again, this seems like typical fan wishful thinking. Talk down the star we want to get, while saying how the nothing-special players we want to give up are really, really good.

DRoz won't be a Laker.

It’s a reasonable take. I probably have a different opinion of a package that includes Green, one of Kuzma or Caruso, and a 1st. You aren’t getting a blue chip for DD IMO, and in San Antonio’s case, that would be a plug and play replacement, plus two young pieces, all without any contract baggage.

Given Pop doesn’t like to deal with the Lakers, you’re probably right (that they won’t trade Droz here).

I like him but DRoz isn't a good fit at all.

Give me one off Gallo/Millsap/Ibaka in a S&T for exp k+our 1st.

Our garbage 1st rounder isn't going to come close to sniffing one of those guys.

other then Gallo maybe those 2 are not worth even giving a 2nd rounder for. let alone a 1st

millsap 35 age
gallo 32 injury prone
ibaka 30 but 50 in real life
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:
Again, this seems like typical fan wishful thinking. Talk down the star we want to get, while saying how the nothing-special players we want to give up are really, really good.

DRoz won't be a Laker.

It’s a reasonable take. I probably have a different opinion of a package that includes Green, one of Kuzma or Caruso, and a 1st. You aren’t getting a blue chip for DD IMO, and in San Antonio’s case, that would be a plug and play replacement, plus two young pieces, all without any contract baggage.

Given Pop doesn’t like to deal with the Lakers, you’re probably right (that they won’t trade Droz here).

Our garbage 1st rounder isn't going to come close to sniffing one of those guys.

other then Gallo maybe those 2 are not worth even giving a 2nd rounder for. let alone a 1st

millsap 35 age
gallo 32 injury prone

The good thing about those 3 players is that they can play at a high level for a few seasons because they don’t rely on athleticism like other players do.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:

DRoz won't be a Laker.

millsap 35 age
gallo 32 injury prone

The good thing about those 3 players is that they can play at a high level for a few seasons because they don’t rely on athleticism like other players do.

lol
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

Quote:
ESPN Sources: Three serious candidates have emerged for the Detroit Pistons GM job: Clippers assistant GM Mark Hughes, Nets assistant GM Jeff Peterson and Thunder VP of Basketball Operations Troy Weaver. Those conversations are continuing this week.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1272507349358567424?s=21
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:
Miami’s Bam Adebayo, Sacramento’s De’Aaron Fox, the Los Angeles Lakers’ Kyle Kuzma, Utah’s Donovan Mitchell and Boston’s Jayson Tatum — five players with significant star and earning power — talked with executive director Michele Roberts and senior counsel Ron Klempner about the NBPA facilitating talks with the league on possible insurance allowances for players, sources said.
Pretty nice to see Kuzma's name mentioned with those young star players. He may be the least talented of the group, but maybe this says something about Kuzma's value.

Looks like this is just five guys from the 2017 draft class who got together to speak to the player's union.

I don't know if it says anything about Kuzma's value, as it does about his name recognition from being on the Lakers.
I hear you, just saying he may be perceived around the league a little better than a lot of us Laker fans realize. I wouldn't count on it though.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
activeverb wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:
Miami’s Bam Adebayo, Sacramento’s De’Aaron Fox, the Los Angeles Lakers’ Kyle Kuzma, Utah’s Donovan Mitchell and Boston’s Jayson Tatum — five players with significant star and earning power — talked with executive director Michele Roberts and senior counsel Ron Klempner about the NBPA facilitating talks with the league on possible insurance allowances for players, sources said.
Pretty nice to see Kuzma's name mentioned with those young star players. He may be the least talented of the group, but maybe this says something about Kuzma's value.

Looks like this is just five guys from the 2017 draft class who got together to speak to the player's union.

I don't know if it says anything about Kuzma's value, as it does about his name recognition from being on the Lakers.
I hear you, just saying he may be perceived around the league a little better than a lot of us Laker fans realize. I wouldn't count on it though.

Guess we'll see if and when the Lakers trade him. That's the only true way to see what a guy's value is.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

If Kuzma continues to ascend on the defensive end, he will be in demand. It’s pretty clear he can score 15ppg+ when he isn’t playing with Lebron AND AD.

His offensive skill would have him in demand if the defense continues. The knock on Kuzma was that he was borderline unplayable on defense under Walton.

Under Vogel, he has become a trusted wing defender even when not scoring.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
If Kuzma continues to ascend on the defensive end, he will be in demand. It’s pretty clear he can score 15ppg+ when he isn’t playing with Lebron AND AD.

His offensive skill would have him in demand if the defense continues. The knock on Kuzma was that he was borderline unplayable on defense under Walton.

Reportedly, the Lakers made him widely available in January before the trade deadline and couldn't get any offers better than Nemanja Bjelica and a pick.

If I were a GM, I'd be wary. He has only one year left on his rookie contract. He's a bad shooter. He's turning 25 and it's not clear if there's any upside.

He can score and give you some big nights if you give him enough shots. But I'm not sure any team that gives him that many shots will be any good.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Reportedly, the Lakers made him widely available in January before the trade deadline and couldn't get any offers better than Nemanja Bjelica and a pick.

If I were a GM, I'd be wary. He has only one year left on his rookie contract. He's a bad shooter. He's turning 25 and it's not clear if there's any upside.

He can score and give you some big nights if you give him enough shots. But I'm not sure any team that gives him that many shots will be any good.

IMO Kuzma would have tons more valuable as a efficient go to scoring 6th than the improved defender but below average offensive player he has become this season.

A Lou Will type for the forward position would be a very welcome addition to most teams if you had some great bench defenders too.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject:

,^^^^^^^

Kuzma teased us with his 36% shooting from three-point land as a rookie. That was out of step with both his college career and the two years since so it may have just been a fluke. There's really not much evidence that he has the ability to be an efficient scorer
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
,^^^^^^^

Kuzma teased us with his 36% shooting from three-point land as a rookie. That was out of step with both his college career and the two years since so it may have just been a fluke. There's really not much evidence that he has the ability to be an efficient scorer

I agree...after his rookie year we saw star in the making...and he's regressed ever since. If he remains with us I would be happy if he has a career like Hedo Turkoglu...he's not even at that level yet IMO.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
activeverb wrote:
,^^^^^^^

I agree...after his rookie year we saw star in the making...and he's regressed ever since. If he remains with us I would be happy if he has a career like Hedo Turkoglu...he's not even at that level yet IMO.

Funny enough, Hedo's outside range and underrated passing ability would make him a perfect fit here in his prime.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
activeverb wrote:
,^^^^^^^

Turkoglu was a hell of a playmaker during his Orlando years.. what a player he was.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject:

MY pipe of the day; I hope John Wall gets amnesty'd.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

That would be a nice pipe, because John Wall as your 3rd option is amazing, granted he might not be the same player once he comes back he will however be a solid useful player.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

There is no amnesty
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

There is no amnesty

based on what? amnesty decision will come out with next years cap number

no need to tell anything about amnesty when they are trying to resume the season
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

There is no amnesty

based on what? amnesty decision will come out with next years cap number

no need to tell anything about amnesty when they are trying to resume the season

John Wall is a reasonable hope.

NBA owners are certainly discussing an amnesty, so it could happen after the season.

And if they do put in an amnesty, there's a decent chance the Wizards use it on Wall.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Besides John Wall who else is a intriguing amnesty option?
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
CP3?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
CP3?

CP3 is definitely a intriguing option, should be a pretty nice list of options to choose from if the amnesty happens after the season.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

No to John Wall. He hasn’t played in like 2 seasons after tearing his knee and then following that up with a full Achilles rupture in his home, right?
No thanks!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
CP3?

CP3 is definitely a intriguing option, should be a pretty nice list of options to choose from if the amnesty happens after the season.

If the NBA implements and amnesty similar to the one they did in 2011, Chris Paul may not have an option where he goes even if he's amnestied.

In 2011 they used a partial waiver. That means that once a player was amnesty, he went on waivers, and then whatever team was willing to pay the highest amount of his salary could claim him.

So the amnesty waiver turned into a bidding war depending on how much cap space you have. The amnesty player doesn't automatically become a free agent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
CP3?

If the NBA implements and amnesty similar to the one they did in 2011, Chris Paul may not have an option where he goes even if he's amnestied.

In 2011 they used a partial waiver. That means that once a player was amnesty, he went on waivers, and then whatever team was willing to pay the highest amount of his salary could claim him.

So the amnesty waiver turned into a bidding war depending on how much cap space you have. The amnesty player doesn't automatically become a free agent

Doubt that teams would pay more for him when he wont want to play there.
They could try the OKC route and make him play but not sure many teams would be willing to take that chance.
He's had a nice career and was a role model for the league, I hope they'll let him choose where to finish out his career. And the fact he moved back to LA a few months ago makes me confident he'll want to sign here.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
CP3?

Doubt that teams would pay more for him when he wont want to play there.
They could try the OKC route and make him play but not sure many teams would be willing to take that chance.
He's had a nice career and was a role model for the league, I hope they'll let him choose where to finish out his career. And the fact he moved back to LA a few months ago makes me confident he'll want to sign here.

Yeah I agree, plus CP3 and LeBron are really close so it favors us if he gets amnestied there are lots of factors that makes the Lakers getting Chris Paul a real possibility.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4598, 4599, 4600 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4599 of 8560
Jump to: