OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4548, 4549, 4550 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I don't think anyone has the exception/cap room to grab Harkless. No matter. In one of his recent interviews he sounded like he was trying to build bridges in NY. Makes sense. In a cap poor market, his bird rights are his best avenue to a long term deal. I can see how a bit role on the Lakers would be less attractive than that.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Also, Harkless would have to clear waivers first, right? I can see teams playing nice and letting us get Morris, but I doubt Harkless would slip through that easily. He’s a young 3&D wing, who’s 6’8”, with plenty of experience.

yeah, Houston will be all over him

Good point, maybe it’s best that he is not bought out.

Westbrook
Harden
Harkless
RoCo
Tucker

That’s a Championship team. They can at the very least VLF’s Clippers.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Also, Harkless would have to clear waivers first, right? I can see teams playing nice and letting us get Morris, but I doubt Harkless would slip through that easily. He’s a young 3&D wing, who’s 6’8”, with plenty of experience.

Only a team that had enough cap space or exceptions to absorb his 9 million dollar salary could claim him. No contending team does
sebadoh128
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Can they absorb his almost $9 million contract?

Got my answer above...
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Good point, maybe it’s best that he is not bought out.

Westbrook
Harden
Harkless
RoCo
Tucker

That’s a Championship team. They can at the very least VLF’s Clippers.

Harkless makes 11m this season, so I doubt anyone has that type of cap or DPE/TPE to take his salary in. Htown only has a 3.5m TPE and the largest DPE if I'm not mistaken is 9.3m (Detroit's Blake dpe).

So he most likely does pass through waivers, but in a summer projected to have only 5-7 real cap having teams, it looks like players are going to look to move around using their bird rights in S&ts.

Quote:
If that provided some lesson of staying with your game, the hard lesson for Harkless was that the wins that came steadily in his time with the Portland Trail Blazers and the Los Angeles Clippers are much harder to come by now. “We’ve got a lot of work to do,” Harkless said. “We’ve got to play the right way. We’ve got to build good habits. It’s a process. It’s not going to happen overnight. But we have some good pieces here, so we’ve just got to build on that.” – via Steve Popper @ Newsday
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject:

If we somehow get Harkless on a buy out it’s over... just look how smooth the Morris transition has been with the Lakers, he’s made a huge difference. we would be instant favorites to win the title this year if we got Moe.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

As expected, Uncle Jeff's off the board.

[Stein] The Rockets today signed Jeff Green for the remainder of the season after initially bringing Green to Houston on a 10-day deal.

And a follow up on teams that have DPEs that must be used by March 10th (which is the last day before they expire).

Detroit Pistons: $9.3m (Blake Griffin)
Orlando Magic: $4.6m (Al-Farouq Aminu)
Washington Wizards: $4.4m (C.J. Miles - Used to acquire Shabazz Napier)
New Orleans Pelicans: $3.6m (Darius Miller)
Portland Trail Blazers: $2.9m (Rodney Hood)
Los Angeles Lakers: $1.8m (DeMarcus Cousins - Used to sign Markieff Morris)
Brooklyn Nets: $840k (David Nwaba)

And no team currently has cap space to absorb a deal off waivers.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject:

The TPE from the Iguodala trade is large enough to absorb the Harkless contract, but Golden State can't do it because they are hardcapped.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
The TPE from the Iguodala trade is large enough to absorb the Harkless contract, but Golden State can't do it because they are hardcapped.

They are tanking and he is an expirer

Makes no sense for them to even try
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Yeah thx for reminding me about that large TPE...I'm not sure anyone else has a large enough one to claim Harkless off waivers tho (and I doubt he even gets bought out to begin with).

But like Jim said, dubs ain't looking to hurt their tank job....besides they also are about 1m away from the tax threshold, so they likely avoiding that too.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

yeah, I can't imagine why the Warriors would waste their exception on him
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject:

"I wish I could be 7-feet, run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all," Harden said. "I gotta actually learn how to play basketball and how to have skill. I'll take that any day."

While Harden didn't mention a player by name, his comment came after Nichols mentioned Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo's joke about taking Boston Celtics guard Kemba Walker over Harden in the All-Star Game draft since he wanted someone who would pass the ball.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2878413-james-harden-on-giannis-wish-i-could-be-7-feet-tall-and-dunk-takes-no-skill

March 25 - Bucks vs Rockets. It's going to be lit
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
"I wish I could be 7-feet, run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all," Harden said. "I gotta actually learn how to play basketball and how to have skill. I'll take that any day."

While Harden didn't mention a player by name, his comment came after Nichols mentioned Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo's joke about taking Boston Celtics guard Kemba Walker over Harden in the All-Star Game draft since he wanted someone who would pass the ball.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2878413-james-harden-on-giannis-wish-i-could-be-7-feet-tall-and-dunk-takes-no-skill

Bucks handing small ball okc by 40 tonight
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
drae wrote:

Wow, Bucks bullying the league this year 0.0
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
drae wrote:

if we meet them we could be in trouble
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Did I say that Golden State should do it? My post brought up the fact that there is a TPE large enough to do it, but another issue in the CBA made it impossible to do.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
drae wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
drae wrote:

LeBron has led a team to an NBA title against a 70-win team in the Finals before. At least we have precedent!
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
drae wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
drae wrote:

LeBron has led a team to an NBA title against a 70-win team in the Finals before. At least we have precedent!

true. part of me thinks the bucks could fold in the playoffs.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:11 am    Post subject:

What do people feel about trading Green for Joe Ingles, trading defense for another playmaker? Ingles struggled with Conley on the floor but he delivered good stats when Conley was injured. With Conley likely opt in his contract next year, I think Jazz might want to move him especially for a player like Green who is the 3&d player they need and he also brings them championship experience. The reason for us to make the trade is
1. Has another facilitator to help Lebron when they are both on the floor and importantly when Lebron is off the floor
2. I’m not sure how good Green’s defense will be with slower footstep next year
3. With a facilitator on the wing, we can still play Bradley and Caruso on PG who are not good facilitators
4. Absolutely no reason to bring back Rondo

The major reason why Lakers wouldn’t do the trade is to maintain cap space for 2021. If bucks win the championship this year, I do not maintain much hope of Giannis coming
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:25 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
What do people feel about trading Green for Joe Ingles, trading defense for another playmaker? Ingles struggled with Conley on the floor but he delivered good stats when Conley was injured. With Conley likely opt in his contract next year, I think Jazz might want to move him especially for a player like Green who is the 3&d player they need and he also brings them championship experience. The reason for us to make the trade is
1. Has another facilitator to help Lebron when they are both on the floor and importantly when Lebron is off the floor
2. I’m not sure how good Green’s defense will be with slower footstep next year
3. With a facilitator on the wing, we can still play Bradley and Caruso on PG who are not good facilitators
4. Absolutely no reason to bring back Rondo

The major reason why Lakers wouldn’t do the trade is to maintain cap space for 2021. If bucks win the championship this year, I do not maintain much hope of Giannis coming

Sure, why not? Green and Kuz for Ingles and the Jazz 2023 1st round pick.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:38 am    Post subject:

Well maybe there is some hope for Moe, he does he say might explore a buyout if his agent wants to but the plan is to stay
Moe Harkless Expresses Major Frustration After Latest Knicks Loss
https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/2020/02/moe-harkless-lakers-buyout-knicks-frustration/amp/
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Well maybe there is some hope for Moe, he does he say might explore a buyout if his agent wants to but the plan is to stay
https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/2020/02/moe-harkless-lakers-buyout-knicks-frustration/amp/

He has to release by today?
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

He has to release by today?
tomorrow I think
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

Odds of Moe Harkless getting released is significant especially now that he doesn’t seem to excited to be in a losing situation, let’s keep our fingers crossed 🤞
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Odds of Moe Harkless getting released is significant especially now that he doesn’t seem to excited to be in a losing situation, let’s keep our fingers crossed 🤞

It would stunt Kuzma’s growth, but we’re trying to win a championship this season and next season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4548, 4549, 4550 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4549 of 8560
Jump to: