OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4546, 4547, 4548 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Ingram has turned into quite the player... I never thought he'd be more than a prime Andre Iguodala with less bounce and more length. I was wrong.

But I think I'm right when I say I don't think BI can ever be a lead option on a championship team. Hell, I don't know if AD is that guy (yet) either.

But Tatum... that kid, in my humble opinion, can't absolutely be that 1st guy. He has tat Kobe like mindset set and fearlessness and does it all in a silky smooth package with top notch skills. Tatum feels like a guy who can close out series. BI feels like a guy who can put up good numbers and be a co-star.

Tatum is more polished at this point and he can break down any defender 1 on 1 but he can’t playmake for others yet so I’m taking Ingram who can playmake for others and breakdown a team defensively.
monster_montego
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
2019 wrote:
Ingram has turned into quite the player... I never thought he'd be more than a prime Andre Iguodala with less bounce and more length. I was wrong.

But I think I'm right when I say I don't think BI can ever be a lead option on a championship team. Hell, I don't know if AD is that guy (yet) either.

But Tatum... that kid, in my humble opinion, can't absolutely be that 1st guy. He has tat Kobe like mindset set and fearlessness and does it all in a silky smooth package with top notch skills. Tatum feels like a guy who can close out series. BI feels like a guy who can put up good numbers and be a co-star.

Tatum is more polished at this point and he can break down any defender 1 on 1 but he can’t playmake for others yet so I’m taking Ingram who can playmake for others and breakdown a team defensively.

Agree with last post above.

He was blessed to have learned under Kobe and has great natural physical atributes that can propel him to be All-NBA.

But Kobe was a great and very underrated playmaker who could take on PG duties much like LeBron.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
I love Ingram and still wish he was a Laker, but a this very moment I’d pick Tatum over Ingram.

By the way, good job LG. Using 1000 pages of arm chair analytics to prove Ingram wasn’t a good player. How’d that turn out? 🤣

He was proven to be a bad player because the exact things he improved upon this season he did poorly during his first three seasons. I mean, find me all the players who jumped from being sub-70% to being 85%+ FT shooters in one season.

I would attribute that some to his upper DVT. The clotting occurred due to a structural deficit, which has since been repaired/restructured. Any movement where your arms articulate above your shoulders (ie shooting) were impacted. Now, other than risking another clotting episode, he can have those type of repeated movements without pain or physical restriction.

Imo, that is one aspect for the improvement.

I had the same issue and trust me, his other shoulder will suffer soon. Can't see him having a long career tbh but hope I'm wrong 100%

Growth spurts are a (bleep) and totally mess with your bone structure

But you are right that is def the reason for his improvement. Once got my surgery I started to develop a much better jumper based more on my legs and wrist than previously where i would use more of my upper body strength.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

damm my boy Oubre

torn meniscus in right knee
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Tatum playing on Team USA also helped him quite a bit. He has mentioned it. Kuzma looked good until he was hurt this summer. It makes me wonder if that really slowed down his progression as he would of had some of the best tutelage in the game today.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
damm my boy Oubre

How many weeks?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
damm my boy Oubre

That sucks
r0663664
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:

This is the FA thread so my last comment on this, but I was watching the Jazz/Celtics yesterday and the dude is making Kobe type shots. He’s starting to develop that killer part where it doesn’t matter how well you defend him. Scary tbh. I really hope those (bleep) don’t end up with one of the killers in this league.

And we could have had this player if not because of Magic and Pelinka’s poor evaluation

It's stupid magic

One of the worst executives I’ve ever witnessed. It’s not that Lonzo is a bad player, it’s the fixation on him and falling for the Hollywood hype smh.

At the very least, work out the Tatum instead of entertaining yourself by hanging out with LaVar and doing all those ESPN appearances.

Him being a PG and seeing it a PG league together with Lonza hype. Magic was blinded not to take the next best available option. If it was the Sixers, they will take a next best option and deal with the situation later. Not for Magic, choose fit over talent else we would have Tatum, Ingram and LeBron. When LeBron retires, those 2 will continue to lead us to next 10 years. Magic is a pretty bad executive for sure. Having a right executive is so important else it will set you back for years before you start winning again.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
damm my boy Oubre

How many weeks?

He’s getting second opinion.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I love Ingram and still wish he was a Laker, but a this very moment I’d pick Tatum over Ingram.

By the way, good job LG. Using 1000 pages of arm chair analytics to prove Ingram wasn’t a good player. How’d that turn out? 🤣

I can still hear the whispers..

He’s not even an nba player and will never be an all star

What’s even better is the same folks who trashed BI as a Laker are now trashing the FO for trading him
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

What’s even better is the same folks who trashed BI as a Laker are now trashing the FO for trading him

The best one was, “Isaac Bonga is the BI that we deserve.”
People are nuts around here.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Why would u take anybody seriously who said BI is not an NBA player?
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject:

The middle of the road thinking (irrespective of analytics) was that BI would be a few-time all-star.
(There always are extreme factions both ways - I remember some saying that BI was not an NBA player, and I also remember some saying that BI was unequivocally better than Simmons)
From what I can see BI will likely out-perform the middle-of-the-road assessment - seems to me he will be a regular all-star. Bravo Ingram, I'm really happy for him, kid deserves it, hard worker, focused, not involved in BS.

Jesusdelonla wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Why would u take anybody seriously who said BI is not an NBA player?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait until Indiana continues to disappoint and we sign Oladipo in 2021.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject:

lets maybe wait and see if oladipo returns to form before getting too excited
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Can't wait until Indiana continues to disappoint and we sign Oladipo in 2021.

If he plays all of next year healthy and improves on what has been pretty awful play, sure. But i'm skeptical. We're "glad" Kawhi and his limp didn't come here but we want Oladipo? Dude suffered a really bad injury, and one that is highly prone to future re-injury.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/kareem_captain1/status/1233226585802706944?s=21
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I dont know why he's so reluctant to play for the Lakers by choosing to stay with the knicks even if obviously he's not happy? Does he hate playing with Bron that much?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I dont know why he's so reluctant to play for the Lakers by choosing to stay with the knicks even if obviously he's not happy? Does he hate playing with Bron that much?

Why u connecting not wanting buyout to not playing for Lakers/LeBron?

U reaching big time
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

U reaching big time

I think there is something to a side agreement that the Knicks don’t buy him out. Clippers are doing everything they can to keep players that would help the Lakers away...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

U reaching big time

I think there is something to a side agreement that the Knicks don’t buy him out. Clippers are doing everything they can to keep players that would help the Lakers away...

Knicks not buying out on purpose I agree but him not buying out because he hates LeBron is false
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

U reaching big time

What side agreement? Dolan and Ballmer are in a feud.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

U reaching big time

So why did a deal get done if they are “feuding?” The basketball ops seems fine, it’s a business fight over Forum land.

Can’t have it both ways tbh.

Last edited by LakerSD on Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

U reaching big time

Knicks not buying out on purpose I agree but him not buying out because he hates LeBron is false

Yup no Lebron hate.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
55 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

U reaching big time

So why did a deal get done if they are “feuding?” The basketball ops seems fine, it’s a business fight over Forum land.

Can’t have it both ways tbh.

True. If the deal made sense to both sides, then they’ll both agree to it. But anything more than that is a reach.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4546, 4547, 4548 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4547 of 8560
Jump to: