OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4545, 4546, 4547 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

Ingram has turned into quite the player... I never thought he'd be more than a prime Andre Iguodala with less bounce and more length. I was wrong.

But I think I'm right when I say I don't think BI can ever be a lead option on a championship team. Hell, I don't know if AD is that guy (yet) either.

But Tatum... that kid, in my humble opinion, can't absolutely be that 1st guy. He has tat Kobe like mindset set and fearlessness and does it all in a silky smooth package with top notch skills. Tatum feels like a guy who can close out series. BI feels like a guy who can put up good numbers and be a co-star.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I'd take Ingram over Tatum without hesitation. But either way it's a moot point. It's likely neither ever wins a chip. Meanwhile only 1 or 2 teams max stand between us and one this year.

Ingram and Zion together....? Not likely to win a chip...? On that Pels team with Lonzo, all their young guys, and a gazillion future draft picks...?

I said it after the trade for AD, if the Lakers don't win the championship this year, I think the Pelicans have a better chance of winning one before the Lakers win one again.

If Zion/Ingram stay healthy, Pelicans will be a championship contender in 2 years.

#hottake
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Ingram has turned into quite the player... I never thought he'd be more than a prime Andre Iguodala with less bounce and more length. I was wrong.

But I think I'm right when I say I don't think BI can ever be a lead option on a championship team. Hell, I don't know if AD is that guy (yet) either.

But Tatum... that kid, in my humble opinion, can't absolutely be that 1st guy. He has tat Kobe like mindset set and fearlessness and does it all in a silky smooth package with top notch skills. Tatum feels like a guy who can close out series. BI feels like a guy who can put up good numbers and be a co-star.

This is the FA thread so my last comment on this, but I was watching the Jazz/Celtics yesterday and the dude is making Kobe type shots. He’s starting to develop that killer part where it doesn’t matter how well you defend him. Scary tbh. I really hope those (bleep) don’t end up with one of the killers in this league.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:

This is the FA thread so my last comment on this, but I was watching the Jazz/Celtics yesterday and the dude is making Kobe type shots. He’s starting to develop that killer part where it doesn’t matter how well you defend him. Scary tbh. I really hope those (bleep) don’t end up with one of the killers in this league.

And we could have had this player if not because of Magic and Pelinka’s poor evaluation
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:

And we could have had this player if not because of Magic and Pelinka’s poor evaluation

It's stupid magic
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:

It's stupid magic

One of the worst executives I’ve ever witnessed. It’s not that Lonzo is a bad player, it’s the fixation on him and falling for the Hollywood hype smh.

At the very least, work out the Tatum instead of entertaining yourself by hanging out with LaVar and doing all those ESPN appearances.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I'd take Ingram over Tatum without hesitation. But either way it's a moot point. It's likely neither ever wins a chip. Meanwhile only 1 or 2 teams max stand between us and one this year.

Ingram and Zion together....? Not likely to win a chip...? On that Pels team with Lonzo, all their young guys, and a gazillion future draft picks...?

I said it after the trade for AD, if the Lakers don't win the championship this year, I think the Pelicans have a better chance of winning one before the Lakers win one again.

If Zion/Ingram stay healthy, Pelicans will be a championship contender in 2 years.

They have a definite path. They really need Zion to develop into more of the defensive force he was in college to get there in order to reach their potential cause I think it's safe to say that BI will probably never be more than adequate on that end.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
kikanga wrote:

They have a definite path. They really need Zion to develop into more of the defensive force he was in college to get there in order to reach their potential cause I think it's safe to say that BI will probably never be more than adequate on that end.

I still have the Lakers as the better chance, Zion/BI cornerstone vs AD/older LeBron... Rob should be able to reload the team
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Robert Covington Drug Tested After Averaging 3.75 Blocks Over The Past 4 Games
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

LOL they probably have an algo going through stats and looking for unusual stats
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

LOL they probably have an algo going through stats and looking for unusual stats

Data science analysts at NBA send Silver reports with all the flagged stats.

Danny Green dunking
Caruso looking like Arnold
Houston Small balls averaging anything more than 2 blocks per game
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

I see Harkless's name being tossed around, but I think that's just wishful thinking. I predict he finishes the season in NY, but I hope I'm wrong.

What other names are being mentioned as potential buyouts? We need a play maker and a wing defender.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
I see Harkless's name being tossed around, but I think that's just wishful thinking. I predict he finishes the season in NY, but I hope I'm wrong.

What other names are being mentioned as potential buyouts? We need a play maker and a wing defender.

Harkless is looking like less than 0% chance now

It sounds like we're really interested in Waiters. Other than that, the main guys available seem to be JR, IT, Burke, Evan Turner and Lance. Not sure anyone else gets bought out now
#18 next...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I still have the Lakers as the better chance, Zion/BI cornerstone vs AD/older LeBron... Rob should be able to reload the team

Not this season, but in 2022 and beyond.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

They also drug tested Beal after those 2 50-point games lol
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:

Last cuts will be on 3/1 and Waiters workout is on 3/2. If there are no surprise cuts (like Morris) this weekend, then they probably bring in Waiters to see if he's in shape and focused before adding him to the roster. Lakers play Memphis and New Orleans b2b Saturday and Sunday, so the Grizzlies game could be Daniels' last as a Laker.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject:

I love Ingram and still wish he was a Laker, but a this very moment I’d pick Tatum over Ingram.

By the way, good job LG. Using 1000 pages of arm chair analytics to prove Ingram wasn’t a good player. How’d that turn out? 🤣
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I love Ingram and still wish he was a Laker, but a this very moment I’d pick Tatum over Ingram.

By the way, good job LG. Using 1000 pages of arm chair analytics to prove Ingram wasn’t a good player. How’d that turn out? 🤣

I sense "empty stats on bad team" argument coming from someone
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

He was proven to be a bad player because the exact things he improved upon this season he did poorly during his first three seasons. I mean, find me all the players who jumped from being sub-70% to being 85%+ FT shooters in one season.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

Imo Lakers need to put their dancing shoes back on. It seems like dude is a viable option and he is the hero we deserve right now. When you strum up a roster where only Rondo can provide to you what Bron can, you need a guy that can blow some life back into you. Don’t worry about the coronavirus fam, Lance been knowing how to swerve out those situations.

Quote:
The best option to replace him likely will be on their roster. The reality is that anyone unsigned right now would have a learning curve, and there’s a reason they’re without a job. Pacers fans are pushing for a third act from Lance Stephenson; there was even a chant of “We want Lance” at the end of Tuesday’s win, but don’t get your hopes up. League sources say that is not under consideration.

Stephenson, who has most recently played in China, lost his biggest advocate within the franchise in Larry Bird, who is now partially retired and living in Naples, Fla. But sources told The Athletic Indiana that Stephenson would welcome a reunion as he’s eager to return to the NBA. – via Scott Agness @ The Athletic
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

He was proven to be a bad player because the exact things he improved upon this season he did poorly during his first three seasons. I mean, find me all the players who jumped from being sub-70% to being 85%+ FT shooters in one season.

Right, but the flashes were there. If you squinted, you could see a young Paul Pierce. Not everyone is Kobe out of the gate, but that’s the unrealistic bar people set. Well, either that or they were sore Russell was traded instead of Ingram.

Imagine if Ingram was traded from Brooklyn to Golden State for Durant? We would be (bleep). I mean, we are probably (bleep) now with NOLA coming. But Ingram in Golden State would be insane.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

yea pretty weird. the laker curse is real
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject:

Realistically, I think we’ll be good this year and maybe next year. Then we will be reamed for a good 5-7 years. Hope I’m wrong, but I’ll be here regardless.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

I would attribute that some to his upper DVT. The clotting occurred due to a structural deficit, which has since been repaired/restructured. Any movement where your arms articulate above your shoulders (ie shooting) were impacted. Now, other than risking another clotting episode, he can have those type of repeated movements without pain or physical restriction.

Imo, that is one aspect for the improvement.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Imo Lakers need to put their dancing shoes back on. It seems like dude is a viable option and he is the hero we deserve right now. When you strum up a roster where only Rondo can provide to you what Bron can, you need a guy that can blow some life back into you. Don’t worry about the coronavirus fam, Lance been knowing how to swerve out those situations.

Quote:
The best option to replace him likely will be on their roster. The reality is that anyone unsigned right now would have a learning curve, and there’s a reason they’re without a job. Pacers fans are pushing for a third act from Lance Stephenson; there was even a chant of “We want Lance” at the end of Tuesday’s win, but don’t get your hopes up. League sources say that is not under consideration.

Stephenson, who has most recently played in China, lost his biggest advocate within the franchise in Larry Bird, who is now partially retired and living in Naples, Fla. But sources told The Athletic Indiana that Stephenson would welcome a reunion as he’s eager to return to the NBA. – via Scott Agness @ The Athletic

Lance > Daniels

Easy choice. One more player you who can semi-create, was hitting close to 40% last year, and brings the unpredictability that is good for a team like ours.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4545, 4546, 4547 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4546 of 8560
Jump to: