OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4544, 4545, 4546 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
i remember a lot of laker fans calling tatum overrated...

I remember wanting the Lakers to draft him.

Mea culpa. He looked like a rich man's Harrison Barnes to me at Duke and he's totally revamped his game in three seasons into being a Moreyball player who can still use his midrange iso skills as a pressure release valve.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject:

See what you did BVH! Now I got people coming after me about Zion’s on ball skills potential. I hate you

Top of the key point of attack I’m taking Tatum because he can break down a defense. Zion has all the potential to be a like Giannis or Lebron but like Drae said right now he is being set up, that’s how the pelicans are drawing it up. Will he always need a Lonzo? Not sure, I’m guessing he will develop the point PF game but got to see it consistently against dudes who can defend. He’s not asked to that too much right now.

And now I’m done on the Tatum/Zion thing. I’ll take both #futurelakers
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
See what you did BVH! Now I got people coming after me about Zion’s on ball skills potential. I hate you

Top of the key point of attack I’m taking Tatum because he can break down a defense. Zion has all the potential to be a like Giannis or Lebron but like Drae said right now he is being set up, that’s how the pelicans are drawing it up. Will he always need a Lonzo? Not sure, I’m guessing he will develop the point PF game but got to see it consistently against dudes who can defend. He’s not asked to that too much right now.

Ha, if Tatum were on some run-of-the-mill team, I could certainly have seen him trying to be a Laker one day. But on the Celtics, it's hard for me to see him walking away from the bag that they will assuredly throw at him, no matter how much of a Kobe fan and Laker fan he was.

As for Zion, had he signed with Klutch, I'd have been more bullish about our eventual chances. To the contrary, he signed with CAA. And while Mintz is not his agent, Mintz reps CAA, so I'm not going to hold my breath.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Ha, if Tatum were on some run-of-the-mill team, I could certainly have seen him trying to be a Laker one day. But on the Celtics, it's hard for me to see him walking away from the bag that they will assuredly throw at him, no matter how much of a Kobe fan and Laker fan he was.

As for Zion, had he signed with Klutch, I'd have been more bullish about our eventual chances. To the contrary, he signed with CAA. And while Mintz is not his agent, Mintz reps CAA, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

No doubt. Just joking

Tatum I think is a Celtic for life.

Zion it all depends on if the Pelicans commit and even then somewhere like NYC might be more likely.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Am I crazy for thinking BI will be just as good as or even better than Tatum when they both hit their primes?

idk man tatum is really good...surprisingly ingram's counting stats are actually better
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Am I crazy for thinking BI will be just as good as or even better than Tatum when they both hit their primes?

Yes. BI lacks the killer mentality that makes Tatum great. I never even saw flashes of that when he was a Laker.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

idk man tatum is really good...surprisingly ingram's counting stats are actually better

The crazy thing for Ingram, at least to me, is the insane spike in his FT %. Yes, he's shooting 40% from 3, but he's had a season where he shot 39% from deep, so it isn't a complete shock. And it isn't a shock that he could improve his FT shooting. But to go from 68% to 86%? That just doesn't seem to happen. It's not even the free-throw rate; it's actually gone down slightly. Just never imagined for all the world that this dude could shoot 86% at the line.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Final Moments of Minnesota - Miami
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

The crazy thing for Ingram, at least to me, is the insane spike in his FT %. Yes, he's shooting 40% from 3, but he's had a season where he shot 39% from deep, so it isn't a complete shock. And it isn't a shock that he could improve his FT shooting. But to go from 68% to 86%? That just doesn't seem to happen. It's not even the free-throw rate; it's actually gone down slightly. Just never imagined for all the world that this dude could shoot 86% at the line.

He’s away from the bright lights of Staples, so while surprising it’s not really a shocker. The same reason so many good 3 pt shooters become mediocre when they join the Lakers. It’s a different type of pressure putting on the purple and gold, and very few players can handle it.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Ingram is having a nice year and all but Tatum is on a legit contender. It's easy to put up stats on a losing team. Also helps that there's no pressure on BI/Zo on the Pelicans giving them room to make mistakes and grow.

Big ups to BI though. He's earning his big payday.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject:

I would happily entertain the conversation that Ingram is better on offense than Tatum this season. That's a very reasonable conversation.

But Tatum is a better defender and that seals the deal this season.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

It's one of the most insane transformations I've seen in basketball.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Maybe he can show Lebron trick how to do it.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Maybe he can show Lebron trick how to do it.

I think we're going to just have to live with Lebron being a mediocre to poor FT shooter
hype
Star Player
Star Player

I would happily entertain the conversation that Ingram is better on offense than Tatum this season. That's a very reasonable conversation.

Yeah, that's the biggest difference for sure. Even though of late Tatum is on another entire level offensively as well (10-13 tonight at the half). Defensively, he's also at another level. I was genuinely surprised how well he handled AD on both ends. Not many players could do that in the NBA especially after AD had just came out and talked about wanting revenge.

I see there being a big battle between those two in the future though. They are both unfinished products.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

I'd take Ingram over Tatum without hesitation.

But either way it's a moot point. It's likely neither ever wins a chip. Meanwhile only 1 or 2 teams max stand between us and one this year.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I'd take Ingram over Tatum without hesitation. But either way it's a moot point. It's likely neither ever wins a chip. Meanwhile only 1 or 2 teams max stand between us and one this year.

??

tatum is way better.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I'd take Ingram over Tatum without hesitation. But either way it's a moot point. It's likely neither ever wins a chip. Meanwhile only 1 or 2 teams max stand between us and one this year.

Ingram and Zion together....? Not likely to win a chip...? On that Pels team with Lonzo, all their young guys, and a gazillion future draft picks...?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject:

BI is much better than Tatum in terms of playmaking for teammates, he can play PG if needed
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Tatum over BI all day

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

BI is much better than Tatum in terms of playmaking for teammates, he can play PG if needed

True, but I didn't write that their offensive games are the same, but that their disparate offensive games are comparably impactful.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject:

I thought this was the Free Agency/Trade Thread............
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
kikanga wrote:

??

tatum is way better.

Gentry doesn't make defense a priority like Stevens. Ingram's length makes him able to guard 2 people at once on the weak side MUCH better than Tatum.

And with that said. Ingram's offensive stats are better across the board outside of rebounding.

Tatum had to blackmail his way to the allstar game. He said he wouldn't do the skills challenge unless he got the nomination. When all star votes were sent in.His teammate Jaylen Brown actually had better stats efficiency wise. Tatum did average 1 more point than him. But took 3-4 more shots a game.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Ingram and Zion together....? Not likely to win a chip...? On that Pels team with Lonzo, all their young guys, and a gazillion future draft picks...?

It's not a knock. There are several HOFers who never won a chip. If Gentry doesn't get replaced they will never sniff a chip. And even if you replace him. It has to be the right coach (not a given).
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:36 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I said it after the trade for AD, if the Lakers don't win the championship this year, I think the Pelicans have a better chance of winning one before the Lakers win one again.

If Zion/Ingram stay healthy, Pelicans will be a championship contender in 2 years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4544, 4545, 4546 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4545 of 8560
Jump to: