OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4531, 4532, 4533 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
AB/Rondo/Caruso
Green/KCP/Cook
LeBron/Kuzma/Dion/THT
AD/Morris/Dudley
JaVale/Dwight

Not bad at all fellas

That's a deep roster, I'd be happy with Waiters but I'm wondering if they're done unless someone else becomes available. Daniels is redundant, but this is a guess at the playoff minutes breakdown. It's still situational, but Vogel will trust the vets though getting Caruso on the court and Davis there in the middle more in the playoffs may happen.

Bradley 20/Rondo 16/Caruso 12
Green 24/KCP 24
LBJ 36/Kuzma 12
Davis 18/Morris 16/Kuzma 14
McGee 12/Howard 18/Davis 18
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
And who gives up good assets for a 29th pick?

This is a point that seems to elude people. "First round pick" sounds good, but the reality is that we're talking about a pick that will be #29 or so. Some years, you can literally buy a pick in that range. Some GMs consider the first pick in the second round (#31) to be more valuable because of the lower salary commitment.

These kinds of picks have value, for sure, but only at the margins.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject:

Garland developing nicely

Last 10:

13ppg
FG43%
3pt 38%
FT 88%
6apg

Kid is a baller and will become a top PG in a few years, would of traded kuz for him.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:

Last 10:

13ppg
FG43%
3pt 38%
FT 88%
6apg

Kid is a baller and will become a top PG in a few years, would of traded kuz for him.

Isn't it strange that they put Collin and Darius in the same backcourt?
šŸ’œšŸ’› šŸ† šŸ‘€ šŸ– #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:

Last 10:

13ppg
FG43%
3pt 38%
FT 88%
6apg

If you think Kuz and the 2019 #4 pick had the same value...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:

Last 10:

13ppg
FG43%
3pt 38%
FT 88%
6apg

Kevin Porter, Jr. is the one to watch.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
scout0_0 wrote:

Last 10:

13ppg
FG43%
3pt 38%
FT 88%
6apg

Kevin Porter, Jr. is the one to watch.

i like Kevin Porter Jr
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

I don't think the Lakers are done, I feel like they are waiting to see if anyone else gets a buyout by the 1st... If not, I think they will make a decision between Waiters and Smith with Daniels getting waived. They might as well take a shot at someone because Daniels isn't playing anyway...
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

I think we need to cut out all the LeGM talk for at least his tenure here in LA. I mean anybody in their right mind would trade for AD, so I doubt Bron forced management into that position. I think Bron/Klutch did want Kidd...but only after Lue wasnā€™t happening.

So no Lue, no Melo, no trade for Cp3 (which endangers the Giannis 2021 plan where klutch klients Bron and/or AD have to sacrifice their max to get it done), no trade for Tristan and now no call for JR.

https://i.imgur.com/8JXfk8b.jpg
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

cital wrote:
I don't think the Lakers are done, I feel like they are waiting to see if anyone else gets a buyout by the 1st... If not, I think they will make a decision between Waiters and Smith with Daniels getting waived. They might as well take a shot at someone because Daniels isn't playing anyway...

No doubt. I think they are cutting Troy too. It's likely between JR/Dion, and unlikely event Harkless is bought out.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
I think we need to cut out all the LeGM talk for at least his tenure here in LA. I mean anybody in their right mind would trade for AD, so I doubt Bron forced management into that position. I think Bron/Klutch did want Kidd...but only after Lue wasnā€™t happening.

So no Lue, no Melo, no trade for Cp3 (which endangers the Giannis 2021 plan where klutch klients Bron and/or AD have to sacrifice their max to get it done), no trade for Tristan and now no call for JR.

Well, I still think LeGM is a thing. One thing about LeGM is he loses trust in you, itā€™s over. Ask Crowder, IT, etc.

Iā€™m sure Rob lets him and AD know what is feasible and what is not (Thompson would be difficult to pull off and doesnā€™t really fit on this team).

But I donā€™t think it can mistaken that LeGM has input and has to be convinced. If he has forgiven JR and Dion and thinks he can trust them, you are likely to see one of them in a Lakers uniform in March.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
cital wrote:

No doubt. I think they are cutting Troy too. It's likely between JR/Dion, and unlikely event Harkless is bought out.

Teague is the only other guy I can think of that has a possibility of being bought out (unlikely) or Collison changing his mind (also unlikely).
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Well, I still think LeGM is a thing. One thing about LeGM is he loses trust in you, itā€™s over. Ask Crowder, IT, etc.

Iā€™m sure Rob lets him and AD know what is feasible and what is not (Thompson would be difficult to pull off and doesnā€™t really fit on this team).

But I donā€™t think it can mistaken that LeGM has input and has to be convinced. If he has forgiven JR and Dion and thinks he can trust them, you are likely to see one of them in a Lakers uniform in March.

Lebron and AD definitely have input as Rob has directly said he consulted with them in the off-season. "LeGM" OTOH is debatable.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Which Superstars have no input on the moves?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

I get that he has input, but I doubt he has final say.

Unless heā€™s being two-faced, he publicly advocates for his guys but you donā€™t see much traction on our end in bringing those dudes here.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERPE0CFUYAACsRc?format=jpg&name=large

LeGM was definitely a thing vs Gilbert. They openly didnā€™t really respect each other. He came back to Cleveland to win it for his hometown ...in spite of Gilbert and his comical shenanigans. Phil Jax being part of Jeanieā€™s ā€œposseā€ makes for an interesting dynamic, but I doubt he holds much contempt for Jeanie personally. So I agree LeGM is a thing...just not here.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

And although someone like JR can sign with the Lakers post 3/1 and still be playoff eligible, cutting Troy and not giving him a chance to join a playoff team would be a bad look too. I would expect something (if anything at all) to happen by Friday so Troy can have a chance to land somewhere.

Question, does a player on a team now have to SIGN with a new team after being waived/clearing waivers by 3/1 or be released by 3/1?

If the former, then any decisions re: Troy need to be done no later than Friday.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

Yinoma: they just got to be released/waived/bought out by March 1st. They can sign to any playoff team by the last day of the regular season.

Also, Srummond was had for essentially a 2nd round pick. Sure wished we could have gotten something done for Rose.

Quote:
Derrick Rose signed a two-year, $15 million deal with the Detroit Pistons this past offseason, and the Eastern Conference team reportedly has no plans to negotiate a buyout with the point guard even though the Los Angeles Lakers were interested in a trade. Brian Windhorst reported as much on The Hoop Collective (h/t Real GM): ā€œNo, thereā€™s no chance. Heā€™s under contract for next year at a good number. From what I understand, when the Lakers called the Pistons and expressed an interest in trading for Derrick Rose, the Pistons said ā€˜Hey, we appreciate you calling, but weā€™re not trading him. Dwane Casey likes him. We think heā€™s going to be important for us next year.ā€™ He just wasnā€™t available.ā€ ā€“ via Scott Polacek @ Bleacher Report
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
And although someone like JR can sign with the Lakers post 3/1 and still be playoff eligible, cutting Troy and not giving him a chance to join a playoff team would be a bad look too. I would expect something (if anything at all) to happen by Friday so Troy can have a chance to land somewhere.

Question, does a player on a team now have to SIGN with a new team after being waived/clearing waivers by 3/1 or be released by 3/1?

If the former, then any decisions re: Troy need to be done no later than Friday.

Yea, that's what I was thinking too.
It would suck for Troy or anyone for that matter to get waived after the March 1 deadline.
šŸ’œšŸ’› šŸ† šŸ‘€ šŸ– #18!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

This is a point that seems to elude people. "First round pick" sounds good, but the reality is that we're talking about a pick that will be #29 or so. Some years, you can literally buy a pick in that range. Some GMs consider the first pick in the second round (#31) to be more valuable because of the lower salary commitment.

This is NBA Fandom 101: When fantacizing about roster changes, the picks and players you currently have rise dramatically in value because you have them.

Hence, a person will be sure that Kuz and the 29th pick would gain us an all-NBA player. However, if we were the ones trading for Kuz and the 29th pick, the same person wouldn't give up THT and Javale for them.

If you see a trade proposal, 95% of the time it's clear which team the person proposing the trade roots for.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Which Superstars have no input on the moves?

Most do, just saying LBJ has a clear pattern of what happens wherever he goes.

This time around, I can see an argument being made for him learning some lessons along the way. In the past he would have had Kuzma traded for some old vet player, but it seems he is better at trusting this FO on certain things.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

This is NBA Fandom 101: When fantacizing about roster changes, the picks and players you currently have rise dramatically in value because you have them.

Hence, a person will be sure that Kuz and the 29th pick would gain us an all-NBA player. However, if we were the ones trading for Kuz and the 29th pick, the same person wouldn't give up THT and Javale for them.

If you see a trade proposal, 95% of the time it's clear which team the person proposing the trade roots for.

So true!

Also letā€™s not forget this draft class is particularly weak.

Iā€™m going to keep beating this drum... We have a potential 40m in expiring contracts, Kuz and a 25-30th pick to deal, but the biggest transaction we can have this summer outside of re-upping AD is to add another top and proven exec next to a newly extended Rob.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If you're looking to use the pick in trade at or around the draft, it's value becomes something far more specific. Then it becomes a player who is valued specifically as opposed to just the option to select someone. For example, last year pick #30 was dealt for 4 second round picks and $5 million because Cleveland desperately wanted to select Kevin Porter Jr.

I wouldn't dismiss the value of the pick, or the other trade pieces LA has this summer. They aren't getting you Bradley Beal. But I could see them landing a better third player for what they have to offer in full.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
In the past he would have had Kuzma traded for some old vet player, but it seems he is better at trusting this FO on certain things.

I don't agree with this. I think Lebron would gladly sanction a trade for Kuzma if he thought it improved the teams chances this year, but that doesn't mean he would sanction just trading him for any generic "old vet."

Lebron constantly pushes his team to improve the roster, but I don't see him as a guy who wants change for the sake of change. The details of the trade matter.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I still see value in Danny Green during the playoffs.

So do I, he's still an extremely valuable 3&D vet come crunch time

Unless we're getting someone like a Dinwiddie/Oubre/somehow LaVine back I don't think we'll trade him

Who knows. He will also be 33 next year on an expiring. So he will have to be the salary ballast for the team to find a 3rd guy alongside LBJ/AD.

He wins a chip in Los Angeles, then we package him for Zach Lavine this summer.

I still doubt Green/Kuz/1st is enough of a package for LaVine, even if we add Caruso and THT I doubt they accept

They'll want a relatively high pick in this year's draft IMO

Kuzma becomes a restricted free agent after next year. People need to get over the notion that he is some super-cheap asset that other teams are pining to get. His career has trended downward from his rookie season.

Wish we could have kept Ball and sent put Kuz

I think kuz will put it together in the playoffs. Teams will game plan on Bron and AD. Kuzz should be able to go off

If no Lonzo or BI, no AD. Can't have it all!

Should have kept Hart, he is a winner.

I liked Hart, but he is too small to be the 3&D wing we need to cover the bigger wings.

Was.one of my favorite players drafted since Ronny Turiaf
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If you're looking to use the pick in trade at or around the draft, it's value becomes something far more specific. Then it becomes a player who is valued specifically as opposed to just the option to select someone. For example, last year pick #30 was dealt for 4 second round picks and $5 million because Cleveland desperately wanted to select Kevin Porter Jr.

I wouldn't dismiss the value of the pick, or the other trade pieces LA has this summer. They aren't getting you Bradley Beal. But I could see them landing a better third player for what they have to offer in full.

Someone like Dinwiddie comes to mind.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4531, 4532, 4533 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4532 of 8560
Jump to: