OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4529, 4530, 4531 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I still see value in Danny Green during the playoffs.

So do I, he's still an extremely valuable 3&D vet come crunch time

Unless we're getting someone like a Dinwiddie/Oubre/somehow LaVine back I don't think we'll trade him

Who knows. He will also be 33 next year on an expiring. So he will have to be the salary ballast for the team to find a 3rd guy alongside LBJ/AD.

He wins a chip in Los Angeles, then we package him for Zach Lavine this summer.

I still doubt Green/Kuz/1st is enough of a package for LaVine, even if we add Caruso and THT I doubt they accept

They'll want a relatively high pick in this year's draft IMO

Kuzma becomes a restricted free agent after next year. People need to get over the notion that he is some super-cheap asset that other teams are pining to get. His career has trended downward from his rookie season.

Wish we could have kept Ball and sent put Kuz

I think kuz will put it together in the playoffs. Teams will game plan on Bron and AD. Kuzz should be able to go off

If no Lonzo or BI, no AD. Can't have it all!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject:

That BI bloodclot was such a bad stroke of luck. It really hurt his trade value. You make that trade midseason and it shouldn't take more than BI + Lonzo + 2 1sts.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Unless we're getting someone like a Dinwiddie/Oubre/somehow LaVine back I don't think we'll trade him

Who knows. He will also be 33 next year on an expiring. So he will have to be the salary ballast for the team to find a 3rd guy alongside LBJ/AD.

I still doubt Green/Kuz/1st is enough of a package for LaVine, even if we add Caruso and THT I doubt they accept

Kuzma becomes a restricted free agent after next year. People need to get over the notion that he is some super-cheap asset that other teams are pining to get. His career has trended downward from his rookie season.

I think kuz will put it together in the playoffs. Teams will game plan on Bron and AD. Kuzz should be able to go off

Lonzo is gonna be a career average NBA player. He's a cerebral player that is good passing and playing defense but not much else. He's never going to score consistently, lacks aggression and is injured way too often.

I'm glad we kept Kuz. He's so undervalued now that it's truly amazing to see. People forget how he fearlessly attacks and was rarely afraid of the moment. Now with the huge minutes reduction, early season injury and greatly increased pressure people have turned on him dramatically. But it wasn't that long ago that everyone agreed Kuz was the one of our young core most suited to play beside LeBron. It's truly mind-blowing to see how quickly people's opinion can change.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
That BI bloodclot was such a bad stroke of luck. It really hurt his trade value. You make that trade midseason and it shouldn't take more than BI + Lonzo + 2 1sts.

I was hoping that the Pels would have not wanted him b/c of it. Imagine that world!!! But yeah, the cap situation was that they wanted to clear a max slot to chase Kawhi, unreal or not.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Thought the word was out they wanted Kuz over ball first.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Thought the word was out they wanted Kuz over ball first.

Nah. Don't buy the hype. Lakers wanted a max slot which meant BI/Zo/4th had to go to conserve a max slot.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lonzo is gonna be a career average NBA player. He's a cerebral player that is good passing and playing defense but not much else. He's never going to score consistently, lacks aggression and is injured way too often.

I'm glad we kept Kuz. He's so undervalued now that it's truly amazing to see. People forget how he fearlessly attacks and was rarely afraid of the moment. Now with the huge minutes reduction, early season injury and greatly increased pressure people have turned on him dramatically. But it wasn't that long ago that everyone agreed Kuz was the one of our young core most suited to play beside LeBron. It's truly mind-blowing to see how quickly people's opinion can change.

Peoples opinions changed based on his play....If he steps it up most will comeback...but if he scores 2 points tomorrow and then 4 etc...then yes people have the right to change their opinion...right now the truth is he's not consistent...bring some consistency and opinions will change.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject:

On a different, wanted to go after this guy when he was available.

Quote:
Over the last 8 games, Christian Wood is averaging 20.3 points, 9.5 rebounds, 1.1 blocks and 0.6 steals in 32.1 minutes (while shooting 53.8% from the field and 41.3% from three-point range).

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:
Over the last 8 games, Christian Wood is averaging 20.3 points, 9.5 rebounds, 1.1 blocks and 0.6 steals in 32.1 minutes (while shooting 53.8% from the field and 41.3% from three-point range).

Dwayne Casey is a numbskull.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Peoples opinions changed based on his play....If he steps it up most will comeback...but if he scores 2 points tomorrow and then 4 etc...then yes people have the right to change their opinion...right now the truth is he's not consistent...bring some consistency and opinions will change.

The problem is folks only see numbers to understand what hes' doing but don't look at the holistic picture to understand why he's doing it. There are a couple different factors that have hurt him this season.

1) Playing the entire summer including Goodman League and USA basketball clearly took its toll on him. He came into camp injured and didn't play for a while.

2) He was asked to play a very different role. He played 33 mins a game in 2018-2019 with 15.5 attempts a game on 45% shooting from the field. This season he's playing 24 mins a game with 10.5 attempts a game on 43% shooting from the field. Yes he's not shooting quite as well as last season, but the biggest factors aren't his play, but his opportunity. He's playing almost 10 less minutes a game and getting 5 fewer shots.

3) Our pace last season was 4th in the league. The fast pace suited Kuzma as he'd get at least 2 or 3 attempts in transition that lead to easy scores or FTs. This year our pace is 12th and the majority of our down court passes go to AD or one of the bigs. Kuz thrives in a fast pace offense that allows him to attack defenses before they are able to set.

4) Rondo is having a negative affect on him. Rondo was a great player in his prime and can still step up his game in spurts. But he is far too heavy handed when running the point. Last season Kuz got several attempts off cuts and in transition because of Lonzo and LeBron pushing the pace. This year Rondo is not pushing the ball up court often and when he does, it's rarely to Kuz.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:

How was he the first 47 games?
It's odd that he puts up decent numbers for a stint and then gets bounced around. Other things besides basketball getting in the way?
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:

It's odd that he puts up decent numbers for a stint and then gets bounced around. Other things besides basketball getting in the way?

He was also a great Hypeman for Okafor in the streets of Boston. Right before Okafor knocked a dude out. And I’m paraphrasing.... β€œDo you know who this is? It’s Jahlil Okafor, one of the best players in the NBA!”

Christian Wood must have also been on LG around that time. 😝
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
The problem is folks only see numbers to understand what hes' doing but don't look at the holistic picture to understand why he's doing it. There are a couple different factors that have hurt him this season.

1) Playing the entire summer including Goodman League and USA basketball clearly took its toll on him. He came into camp injured and didn't play for a while.

2) He was asked to play a very different role. He played 33 mins a game in 2018-2019 with 15.5 attempts a game on 45% shooting from the field. This season he's playing 24 mins a game with 10.5 attempts a game on 43% shooting from the field. Yes he's not shooting quite as well as last season, but the biggest factors aren't his play, but his opportunity. He's playing almost 10 less minutes a game and getting 5 fewer shots.

3) Our pace last season was 4th in the league. The fast pace suited Kuzma as he'd get at least 2 or 3 attempts in transition that lead to easy scores or FTs. This year our pace is 12th and the majority of our down court passes go to AD or one of the bigs. Kuz thrives in a fast pace offense that allows him to attack defenses before they are able to set.

4) Rondo is having a negative affect on him. Rondo was a great player in his prime and can still step up his game in spurts. But he is far too heavy handed when running the point. Last season Kuz got several attempts off cuts and in transition because of Lonzo and LeBron pushing the pace. This year Rondo is not pushing the ball up court often and when he does, it's rarely to Kuz.

Those excuses don't cut it. His minutes are not going up. Our pace is not going up. Rondo is not going away, and Ball is not coming back. We are not going to change the style of a team built around Lebron James and Anthony Davis because we need to maximize Kyle Freaking Kuzma. He either finds a way to deliver, or he doesn't. For most of this season, it has been the latter.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:

Who knows. The guy is also starting Rose/Svi and bringing Bruce Brown off the bench.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Poor Ben Simmons.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Poor Ben Simmons.

wut happened
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I was hoping that the Pels would have not wanted him b/c of it. Imagine that world!!! But yeah, the cap situation was that they wanted to clear a max slot to chase Kawhi, unreal or not.

That’s not entirely true tho.

We weren’t forced to get off of BI and Zo to salary match for AD.

It’s clear the Pels had no interest in #4. Had we dealt the #4 before the draft for future draft picks, then the #4 7.1m caphold comes off our books for the 2019 free agency moratorium.

Another route would be to sign the #4 pick and aggregate that salary within a package for AD...but the catch is, we have to wait a month to make the AD deal official (meaning the deal gets completed in late July/early August). I mean Klutch has seen this same scenario before when Wiggins was signed and traded a month later for Love the summer Bron returned back to Cleveland.

Zo & BI weren’t needed to salary match. Having them being held out from the AD trade strictly from a salary perspective was a viable option. However I do believe Griff was not going to do a deal without extracting as many of our assets as possible, so Zo & BI were necessary on a talent/asset level to get the deal done.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Brandon and Lonzo would have been gone eventually, since neither are superstars and both will demand max contracts in free agency.

Teams don’t win championships with all stars.

Teams win championships with hall of famers.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Poor Ben Simmons.

wut happened

Quote:
As the Philadelphia 76ers and Ben Simmons' management team work with doctors to evaluate a course of action on the All-Star guard's injured back, Simmons is expected to be sidelined for an undetermined period of time, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski...

The injury will have longer-term implications than simply the 76ers' upcoming West Coast road trip...

BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Poor Ben Simmons.

wut happened

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
ESPN Sources: Sixers star Ben Simmons is still undergoing treatment and evaluation on his back and there’s expected to be a course of action decided upon soon. This isn’t a day-to-day injury; Simmons will miss time. How much time? That’s still unclear.

Sounds like he'll be out for a good while.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Should have kept Hart, he is a winner.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject:

I think Waiters is a no brainer, we need a scorer off the bench.

I would start KCP and run this bench, match him up with Lou.

Bradley
Waiters
Kuzma
Morris
Dwight

Not bad
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Should have kept Hart, he is a winner.

I liked Hart, but he is too small to be the 3&D wing we need to cover the bigger wings.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:

Bradley
Waiters
Kuzma
Morris
Dwight

Not bad

You trust Dion's ball handling and decision making?
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:

Bradley
Waiters
Kuzma
Morris
Dwight

Not bad

What about Caruso? Also Vogel will force rondo into the rotation so it gets tricky
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4529, 4530, 4531 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4530 of 8560
Jump to: