OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4494, 4495, 4496 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject:

Most on the board were surprised by the KCP reclamation and DH. Lets hope that we get another surprise (whether a current player steps up or a future acquisition that everyone craps on who ends up playing big for us).
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Most on the board were surprised by the KCP reclamation and DH. Lets hope that we get another surprise (whether a current player steps up or a future acquisition that everyone craps on who ends up playing big for us).

IMO it needs to be Kuzma.

Expectations of his role on this team are higher. He has to earn the mpg, shots and start hitting them. He can't be the passive player seen too often. He needs to be that third consistent scorer. The go-to player when James goes to the bench. That threat to go off any given period or game.

Lakers relied on him filling that role. So far he has been too inconsistent. Last 29 games he needs to find that confidence again.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Expectations of his role on this team are higher. He has to earn the mpg, shots and start hitting them. He can't be the passive player seen too often. He needs to be that third consistent scorer. The go-to player when James goes to the bench. That threat to go off any given period or game.

Lakers relied on him filling that role. So far he has been too inconsistent. Last 29 games he needs to find that confidence again.

I don’t disagree it needs to be Kuzma, and I have been one of his biggest supporters here, but he will likely never be a consistent third scorer on this team.

The only way we sniff a consistent third scorer is either by running plays for that third scorer if they can’t create their own shot, or, by having that player take it upon themselves. Kuzma isn’t that ISO type of guy and when he tries to be, he just isn’t good at it.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

nuff said!
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:46 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I don’t disagree it needs to be Kuzma, and I have been one of his biggest supporters here, but he will likely never be a consistent third scorer on this team.

The only way we sniff a consistent third scorer is either by running plays for that third scorer if they can’t create their own shot, or, by having that player take it upon themselves. Kuzma isn’t that ISO type of guy and when he tries to be, he just isn’t good at it.

I think Kuzma can't be that third scorer unless he has someone feeding him good shot setups. Ideally, what the Lakers really need is a good PG/SG who can get his own shot and shoot well from the perimeter. Someone who can do that, plus be able to get 4-6 assists setting up other guys, even letting Lebron play off the ball.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I think Kuzma can't be that third scorer unless he has someone feeding him good shot setups. Ideally, what the Lakers really need is a good PG/SG who can get his own shot and shoot well from the perimeter. Someone who can do that, plus be able to get 4-6 assists setting up other guys, even letting Lebron play off the ball.

We have plenty of guards. We could run plays for Kuz with what we have. We just don’t. Instead, when Lebron sits, we task other players to try and fill the Lebron role of doing it all by themselves.

It’s no wonder we’re the league’s worst offense without Lebron even with AD in. We’re worse than Golden State who now start Jordan Poole and Damion Lee in their backcourt.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

And who is "running" the 2nd unit? Rondo. We badly needed to replace him and here we are today.

I genuinely believe that if we solved the Rondo issue, we could unlock that 2nd unit better, including Kuz.
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

I believe the reason we have not seen a flurry of moves is not due to Pelinka but to AD and less Lebron. We have to remember that AD and Lebron recruited and signed off on these players. Some, like Troy Daniels, made decisions because of the recruitment of Anthony Davis. Pelinka who has a vested interest in what AD says will not move on any free agent unless AD signs off on it. It's smart on Pelinka's part because losing AD after what we gave up for him would be a sure downfall for Pelinka.

On the other hand, AD recruited and signed off on these players also has a personal responsibility towards them. To drop them from the team in favor of another player would have to be something significant and none of these guys on the buyout market is significant enough to warrant dropping a good friend who decided to follow you and take your word enough to initially sign here. AD is the reason why we aren't moving anything but I don't blame them.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Stat of the day:

With LeBron on the court this year, the Lakers have a +10.9 net rating, which is higher than that of the 73-win Warriors (+10.6).

With LeBron off the court this year, the Lakers have a -2.9 net rating, which is lower than this year's Detroit Pistons.

https://twitter.com/_jasonlt/status/1230298806220025856?s=21

Yikes, I wish I hadn't seen this stat. These playoffs will be interesting.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject:

Easy. Play LBJ 52 minutes a game then.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Easy. Play LBJ 52 minutes a game then.

That would solve the 2021 off season plan, he wouldn't have any legs left to play anyway.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Stat of the day:

With LeBron on the court this year, the Lakers have a +10.9 net rating, which is higher than that of the 73-win Warriors (+10.6).

With LeBron off the court this year, the Lakers have a -2.9 net rating, which is lower than this year's Detroit Pistons.

Speaking of which, did it seem the same way at the all star game?? When Lebron was on the court, his team did well..off the court, not as much?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Stat of the day:

If they don’t get a playmaker in the buyout market, they really need to use the last 29 games to find some things.

Caruso shows flashes of playmaking because of his basketball IQ
Put Kuz in situations like the OKC game. PnR, etc.
See what Cook can add.

Just relying on Lebron ball as an offense is set up to fail imo. They need to be able to steal 5-10 minutes at least when Lebron is sitting.

Last edited by LakerSD on Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Stat of the day:

Speaking of which, did it seem the same way at the all star game?? When Lebron was on the court, his team did well..off the court, not as much?

It should be that way. He's that good.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Quote:
RDAmbition
@RDAmbition_
Very interesting timing on the Lebron’s IG story post... as Lakers just finished up working out JR Smith this week. #Lakers #NBA

I'm gonna be sick

U r sick because u trust that fraud

Did he delete his tweet yet about DC?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

PDX_LAKERFAN wrote:
I believe the reason we have not seen a flurry of moves is not due to Pelinka but to AD and less Lebron. We have to remember that AD and Lebron recruited and signed off on these players. Some, like Troy Daniels, made decisions because of the recruitment of Anthony Davis. Pelinka who has a vested interest in what AD says will not move on any free agent unless AD signs off on it. It's smart on Pelinka's part because losing AD after what we gave up for him would be a sure downfall for Pelinka.

On the other hand, AD recruited and signed off on these players also has a personal responsibility towards them. To drop them from the team in favor of another player would have to be something significant and none of these guys on the buyout market is significant enough to warrant dropping a good friend who decided to follow you and take your word enough to initially sign here. AD is the reason why we aren't moving anything but I don't blame them.

AD has made the playoffs only a couple of times in his career and it is a good thing that we are letting him make roster decisions. Yikes.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject:

I’m good with JR Smith as one of the additions if he is serious. This team needs a confident 3 point shooter who can knock down the big shots.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I’m good with JR Smith as one of the additions if he is serious. This team needs a confident 3 point shooter who can knock down the big shots.

who is JR Smith better than? Boogie? Cook? Daniels? Dudley (nope)?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Easy Daniels
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The obvious replacement is Daniels because he simply isn’t making enough pressure shots. Most of his makes seem like they have come in garbage time or game already decided.

But it’s not worth it if they think JR will be a headache.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Easy Daniels

He's also better than Cook, Dudley and a hobbled Boogie. JR has the ability to catch fire in a hurry and is a half way decent defender when he's engaged.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The obvious replacement is Daniels because he simply isn’t making enough pressure shots. Most of his makes seem like they have come in garbage time or game already decided.

But it’s not worth it if they think JR will be a headache.

I think he is well pass his headache phase but that's me
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Easy Daniels

He's also better than Cook, Dudley and a hobbled Boogie. JR has the ability to catch fire in a hurry and is a half way decent defender when he's engaged.

JR is done.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
The key is to figure out how to enable AD sans Lebron. He's a plus player who can dominate when utilized properly. Thanks for steadfastly pointing this out but there has to be some way to put a unit/system around him with existing personnel to improve from the current abysmal performance level.
Now I will also say, that will only get us so far. The FO MUST also improve personnel. A league average (at best) Kuzma, an aging non-penetrating Rondo, a non-shooting Bradley, a non-defending Daniels/Cook will only serve to diminish AD. Right now teams are forcing AD's weakest teammate on the floor to take their least effective shot (Rondo = any, Bradley = 3, Kuzma = non-corner or iso)

ringfinger wrote:

<snip>
That’s not a personnel issue that can be remedied without a Lebron.

The Lebron-less AD lineup isn’t worse than say, the Warriors, but they play worse offensively than the Warriors.

The solution is something LFR and Forum Blue/Gold have talked about several times on their podcast. Run plays. Or implement off ball actions. Whether Lebron is in or not, the team stands around. We get away with it often times when Lebron is in command, and we don’t at all when he is on the bench.

No one wants to do any of this. They seem to rather have Dion Waiters mimic Lebron. Why? I don’t know.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Easy Daniels

JR is done.

Heard the same about Melo and Dwight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4494, 4495, 4496 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4495 of 8560
Jump to: