OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4493, 4494, 4495 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Stat of the day:

With LeBron on the court this year, the Lakers have a +10.9 net rating, which is higher than that of the 73-win Warriors (+10.6).

With LeBron off the court this year, the Lakers have a -2.9 net rating, which is lower than this year's Detroit Pistons.

https://twitter.com/_jasonlt/status/1230298806220025856?s=21
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Besides the Clippers and perhaps the Bucks, what other team would Lebron need to play 42 mpg for us to have a chance? I think against the other teams, Lebron can give us 37 mpg and we'll be fine. I'm not even worried about him going 40+ when considering the way Lebron rests on the court.

He averaged 42 mpg in his last postseason and he was visibly gassed when he played the Warriors. And this was when he was 33. Playing him 40mpg will catch up to us, especially if we make it to the Finals and end up playing the Bucks. They will run us into the ground.

So if he only has to play 40+ against those 2 teams (and it's not a guarantee we play those 2 teams), he wouldn't average 42. And wouldn't be gassed right?

*SHrug*. We don't know. He only played 36 minutes against Houston, who was pretty much in control of the entire game. Would he have to play more for us to beat them? Or do they run too much for us? It's honestly hard to say how well we'll do against certain teams in the playoffs.

I'm very concerned with our poor offense. Teams will have time to scheme against in the playoffs and I'm concerned that, for whatever reason, we don't counter well. I think part of our late season struggles can be partially ascribed to the fact that we were a whole new beast of a team the first 30 games of the season, and since then, teams have had time to figure us out. They will have even more time to figure us out in the playoffs. We're already undersized on the wing and prone to abuse by big wings (who more than any other player type swing a playoff series) and our shooting seems to run more cold than hot.

Concern for the offense is real.
On the other hand, the Lakers will have more time to prep and gameplan with their defense as well.

They will def need top notch defensive scheming, which i believe the staff to be capable of. But no amount of scheming will compensate for our lack of size on the wing. It's gonna be a problem.

You mean quality size on the wings with an assumption that Kuz will be bad right? Also, against which teams do you see this as a detriment? Clippers?

I meant defensively. Kuzma is maybe average in a good night, but he will do little too put guys like PG or Kawhi out of their rhythm. LeBron can guard them in spots but will be overworked as it is. Not sure if AD can be deployed at them without wearing him out for offense, but that's really all we have up our sleeve. We cannot guard them with KCP or Bradley.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

PG - Cook - Rondo - Horton-Tucker
SG - Bradley - Pope - Daniels
C - Davis - Howard - McGee
PF - James - Kuzma - Cousins
SF - Green - Caruso - Dudley

Total Minutes:
PG - Cook (20 mins) - Rondo (8 mins)
SG - Bradley (23 mins) - Pope (23 mins) - Daniels (8 mins)
C - Davis (34 mins) - Howard (22 mins)
PF - James (34 mins) - Kuzma (23 mins)
SF - Green (22 mins) - Caruso (23 mins)

Minute Allotment:
PG - Cook (20) - James (17) - Rondo (8) - Caruso (3)
SG - Bradley (23) - Pope (23) - Daniels (8)
C - Davis (26) - Howard (22)
PF - James (17) - Kuzma (23) - Davis (8)
SF - Green (22) - Caruso (20) - Pope (6)
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
PG - Cook - Rondo - Horton-Tucker
SG - Bradley - Pope - Daniels
C - Davis - Howard - McGee
PF - James - Kuzma - Cousins
SF - Green - Caruso - Dudley

Total Minutes:
PG - Cook (20 mins) - Rondo (8 mins)
SG - Bradley (23 mins) - Pope (23 mins) - Daniels (8 mins)
C - Davis (34 mins) - Howard (22 mins)
PF - James (34 mins) - Kuzma (23 mins)
SF - Green (22 mins) - Caruso (23 mins)

Minute Allotment:
PG - Cook (20) - James (17) - Rondo (8) - Caruso (3)
SG - Bradley (23) - Pope (23) - Daniels (8)
C - Davis (26) - Howard (22)
PF - James (17) - Kuzma (23) - Davis (8)
SF - Green (22) - Caruso (20) - Pope (6)

Joe be realistic. If cook plays 20 mins/hand here on I'll pay u $100
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Caruso should be at 32mpg only guy with some athleticism other than kcp and bron
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:

If I were Harkless, I would seek buyout and come to us because we have a role for him . This would give him more chance to showcase himself and get another nice contract.

I doubt coming here as a bench player is going to significantly impact the offers he gets next years. He's been in the league 8 years. People know who he is.

If he's concerned about his next contract, staying in NY probably makes the most sense, because they can resign him with the Bird rights or do a sign and trade.

His main incentive for a buyout is wanting to win.
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject:

At this point, I think the Lakers need to take a bold next step to put themselves in a favorable position during the playoffs. It would come at a risk and could cost us a couple of regular season games, but here goes:

1. Waive Troy Daniels

2. Sign Dion Waiters to a 10-day contract

3. Play Quinn Cook at Rondo's expense to do a final evaluation of what he brings

If Moe Harkless gets bought out, you have two decisions:
- waive Cook if he's not playing well and sign Waiters to a season long contract; in other words, sign Harkless to replace Cook
- let Waiters go if Cook looks like he can be useful in the playoffs and sign Harkless to replace Waiters

If Moe Harkless doesn't get bought out, most likely you sign Waiters as a season-long replacement for T Daniels (assuming nothing better comes along in terms of buy-outs or that Waiters isn't a hopeless cause)
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Stat of the day:

With LeBron on the court this year, the Lakers have a +10.9 net rating, which is higher than that of the 73-win Warriors (+10.6).

With LeBron off the court this year, the Lakers have a -2.9 net rating, which is lower than this year's Detroit Pistons.

Yeah. Lakers have the worst offense in the league without Lebron.

That’s not a personnel issue that can be remedied without a Lebron.
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Stat of the day:

It’s alarming that the front office has done nothing to address this. Not saying there were any moves to make per se, but it’s hard to imagine any team winning a championship while being so dependent on one player to generate offense.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CRoost wrote:

If I were Harkless, I would seek buyout and come to us because we have a role for him . This would give him more chance to showcase himself and get another nice contract.

I doubt coming here as a bench player is going to significantly impact the offers he gets next years. He's been in the league 8 years. People know who he is.

If he's concerned about his next contract, staying in NY probably makes the most sense, because they can resign him with the Bird rights or do a sign and trade.

Harkless is another scrub who has gotten way overrated in this thread. This is a guy with career averages of 7.2 points and 3.7 rebounds. I'm not as scornful about Harkless as I am about Waiters and Burke because Harkless does at least one thing well: he is a pretty good perimeter defender. Still, he's about as much of an offensive zero as you could find among players who don't flat out suck. The metrics tell us that his defense makes him a net positive, and his shooting percentages are okay, but he's not a guy who is going to give you much.

So, getting back to the point, my guess is that he has a strong incentive to stay with the Knicks because there is a prospect of playing time and maybe a contract this summer. He got a modest contract ($10M/year) from the Blazers four years ago, but he'd have a hard time finding anyone to give him that kind of money again. He didn't develop into anything more than a below average, but passable, SF.
kevin_405
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

The reason lakers want him is for defensive purposes, when LeBron goes for his rest or is in FT. I don't think we care much about his offense other than a occasional 3. However as u said PT might be his primary goal for a larger contract. But does not seem like Knicks r giving him much of that either so I expect a buy out soon
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Harkless is another scrub who has gotten way overrated in this thread. This is a guy with career averages of 7.2 points and 3.7 rebounds. I'm not as scornful about Harkless as I am about Waiters and Burke because Harkless does at least one thing well: he is a pretty good perimeter defender. Still, he's about as much of an offensive zero as you could find among players who don't flat out suck. The metrics tell us that his defense makes him a net positive, and his shooting percentages are okay, but he's not a guy who is going to give you much.

So, getting back to the point, my guess is that he has a strong incentive to stay with the Knicks because there is a prospect of playing time and maybe a contract this summer. He got a modest contract ($10M/year) from the Blazers four years ago, but he'd have a hard time finding anyone to give him that kind of money again. He didn't develop into anything more than a below average, but passable, SF.
kevin_405
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Cook will not be waived as he is on a 2 year contract.
He also seems very decent offensively. So expect him to hang around.

Zubolo wrote:
At this point, I think the Lakers need to take a bold next step to put themselves in a favorable position during the playoffs. It would come at a risk and could cost us a couple of regular season games, but here goes:

1. Waive Troy Daniels

2. Sign Dion Waiters to a 10-day contract

3. Play Quinn Cook at Rondo's expense to do a final evaluation of what he brings

If Moe Harkless gets bought out, you have two decisions:
- waive Cook if he's not playing well and sign Waiters to a season long contract; in other words, sign Harkless to replace Cook
- let Waiters go if Cook looks like he can be useful in the playoffs and sign Harkless to replace Waiters

If Moe Harkless doesn't get bought out, most likely you sign Waiters as a season-long replacement for T Daniels (assuming nothing better comes along in terms of buy-outs or that Waiters isn't a hopeless cause)
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject:

I hope not but it looks like it's gonna be JR Smith
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
RDAmbition
@RDAmbition_
Very interesting timing on the Lebron’s IG story post... as Lakers just finished up working out JR Smith this week. #Lakers #NBA

I'm gonna be sick

Last edited by pjiddy on Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Rob: we need a 7th 2-guard.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Isn’t RDA a known fraud?
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject:

How does JR help us, he’s cooked
#18 next...
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Quote:
RDAmbition
@RDAmbition_
Very interesting timing on the Lebron’s IG story post... as Lakers just finished up working out JR Smith this week. #Lakers #NBA

I'm gonna be sick

Lol
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject:

So Bron is really pushing for JR, huh? What, dude didn’t get the memo on chemistry?

https://i.redd.it/abesedffo0i41.jpg
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject:

If chemistry wasn't a concern then it wouldn't be a move I'd be worried about. Even as old as he is he probably brings more to the table then Daniels and Cook have been, and he's declined to get to this stage so unlike those two he has played at a higher level before.

But it's not exactly a move that shifts the needle.

Getting Harkless' defense is though. Hope the Knicks buy him out.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject:

kevin_405 wrote:
Cook will not be waived as he is on a 2 year contract.

Does't really matter - Lakers would just have his 2nd year ($1m) counted as dead money on the cap next year.

Doesn't really change a thing for what we can or can't do in FA.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:41 am    Post subject:

Lakers were hoping for iggy or collison and that went south, riley overpaying didnt help. Collison wanting to stay retired is what it is.

As for the rest of these guys- meh. Jackson wasnt coming here with mintz as his agent and pg13 his buddy- he is also a scrub. I dont think he will make a difference anywhere.

I generally feel the same about just about all these guys. I think alot of folks would just like a nice shiny new toy to watch. Which I get.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:51 am    Post subject:

All about redemption
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:42 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Lakers were hoping for iggy or collison and that went south, riley overpaying didnt help. Collison wanting to stay retired is what it is.

As for the rest of these guys- meh. Jackson wasnt coming here with mintz as his agent and pg13 his buddy- he is also a scrub. I dont think he will make a difference anywhere.

I generally feel the same about just about all these guys. I think alot of folks would just like a nice shiny new toy to watch. Which I get.

OR we want to make an upgrade because our two main challengers for the title, the Bucks and Clippers (who we're 0-3 against), have both made upgrades to their roster

We can't be seen to just sit around
#18 next...
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject:

The key is to figure out how to enable AD sans Lebron. He's a plus player who can dominate when utilized properly. Thanks for steadfastly pointing this out but there has to be some way to put a unit/system around him with existing personnel to improve from the current abysmal performance level.
Now I will also say, that will only get us so far. The FO MUST also improve personnel. A league average (at best) Kuzma, an aging non-penetrating Rondo, a non-shooting Bradley, a non-defending Daniels/Cook will only serve to diminish AD. Right now teams are forcing AD's weakest teammate on the floor to take their least effective shot (Rondo = any, Bradley = 3, Kuzma = non-corner or iso)

ringfinger wrote:

<snip>
That’s not a personnel issue that can be remedied without a Lebron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4493, 4494, 4495 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4494 of 8560
Jump to: