OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 422, 423, 424 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
PauPau wrote:
Nerlens Noel, Dinwiddie, Brogdon, Rose(I think this one is easily doable), Marcus/Markieff Morris, T. Young...I think we can keep TC in 2019.

If the 3 primers: KD, Kawhi or Klay are non committal we shouldn't wait it out and 'see how it goes' even if the next tier are still available.
Quite frankly I don't see how or why any of the 3 ends up a Laker.
Lets fill our roster with many good players for a change.
I envy Toronto and Celtics their depth, still able to bring it home without the Kawhi's and Kyrie's.

I'll bring up Dinwiddie again. I'm guessing that he can command anywhere between $8-10MM in free agency. How much is worth giving up in a trade to acquire him before the trade deadline when his summer cap hold would only be just a touch under $1.7MM? In short, acquiring him wouldn't even affect the plans of adding a star, either through trade or in free agency. How much is worth giving up for that cap flexibility, knowing you have his Bird rights and could pay him after using up all of your cap space first?

He's up for an extension right now 50m 4 years max I think.
In the open market he can possibly get 12-16m
The Suns are interested, we might be a part of that one, we'll see.

A 1st, a 2nd and one of our bucks to make it work??
I dont think id make that deal though.
We dont have any contracts attractive enough we can do without besides KcP.
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

More talk of KD and Kawhi teaming up in LA with the Clips

I mean it's obvious, as Jalen Rose mentioned, that every team that has cap space wants both KD and Kawhi.... but there's just too much noise about those two teaming up with the Clippers nowadays that I'm starting to believe that's the likely scenario, and that Magilinka already knows this from their contacts, which is why they're focusing on AD now. They probably already know they've got no shot with any of the free agents of 2019 already (like they already knew they had Lebron in the bag last season).

I knew passing on Jerry West was going to bite us in arse somehow. I know none of this has come to fruition yet but just knowing Logo is over there makes it that much more believable to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

We’re screwed if KD and Kawhi go to the Clippers

And its a very real possibility.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

Lol they are not going to the Clippers. I'll be my life KD and Kawhi both dont end up as Clippers ahahahahhaha thats hilario
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

I don’t see why Kawhi would leave, he’s in a perfect situation in a weaker conference on in a team in a country nobody pays attention to. I don’t know him though, maybe he just has a deep down desire to be a clipper since he grew up as a fan? Lol...that just sounds wrong.

With KD, he’d be stupid to leave. If he can’t coexist with Draymond, then maybe he resigns with the condition they trade green.

Just because the clippers want it to happen doesn’t make it any more likely.
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

I have no clue what players' motivations are nor will I try to guess anymore. All I know is that last year when the season started, most fans laughed at Lebron-to-LA (why would he come to the Lakers? They have nobody, he'll be in Kobe's shadow, blah blah blah), and everyone thought PG to LA was a done deal. And now here we are.

What we did have were some folks in the media putting it out there that Lebron to LA was a real possibility early (SAS I think? I just know the rumors were out there early on because I remember the collective scoffing at this rumor early on), and they seem eerily reminscent of how these "Kawhi and KD" rumors feel like right now.

Just listen to KD nowadays. He's openly campaigning for stars not to play with Lebron and he has not said he was re-signing with the Warriors as strongly as a Klay Thompason has.

It's happening. I just hope it backfires spectacularly on them. I hate the Clippers. They're right up there with Boston in my book in terms of teams I will never ever EVER wish good things for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

Remind me last time Clippers got a big name FA like KD or Kawhi, let alone both.

90 year old Jerry West isnt the deciding factor for these guys on a 2nd rate team like Clips.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
On a team that already has LeBron James, if you keep Ingram, Ball, and Kuzma instead of trading them for Anthony Davis, you have no right being a GM.

If you don’t pull the trigger on Davis in favor of Kuzma, Ball, and Ingram, you’re living in fear and lack the vision necessary to construct a team under adverse conditions.

If you’re worth your salt as a a GM, you can construct an effective team around James and Davis, a team that will be a legitimate threat to win it all, a team full of minimum dudes, rookie scale guys, a room exception, and the remaining ten million or so in capspace.

exactly, but i will leave Kuzma out of the trio, he's such a natural running mate for LeBron. But yes, i agreed, if you're holding onto Ingram, Zo and Hart afraid pulling the trigger for AD, then you should change your name to Mitch Kupchak.

The Mitch Kupchak who traded the youth for Pau? What a baseless comment.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

They changed owners and they got Jerry West... so I don't find it hard to believe... what better place to challenge the king.

Makes sense for KD to redeem himself for bandwagoning onto the Warriors

I also feared not signing West.

A harsh lesson about pride and ego if this actually happens.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I don’t see why Kawhi would leave, he’s in a perfect situation in a weaker conference

Nobody would rather live in Toronto instead of LA and if he doesnt want to be LeBron’s sidekick or just doesnt like the fit with LeBron then theres his decision.

Oh and no ones winning a title with Lowry
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

Lmao good thing it wont happen
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

Clippers? don't see it. If Knicks can clear 2 cap space, I can see KD/KL going there, that would be bananas but Clips... nah
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
They changed owners and they got Jerry West... so I don't find it hard to believe... what better place to challenge the king.

I wouldnt doubt West

If I had to bet all my chips on Kawhi’s decision as of right now it would be the Clippers .. KD is a toss up. Who really knows where hes going lol but obviously I hope its us
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

Jeanie Buss net worth 30 million

Steve Ballmer net worth 41.9 billion
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
epak wrote:
That moron, Windhorst wrote about Ballmer wanting both Kawhi and KD on the clippers. I didn't read it. Anyone make the mistake of reading it?

I read most of it. Nothing really big. It was basically a Winhorst hyping up the Clippers and all the moves they made recently. In terms of any news it is just saying Clippers want Durant and Kawhi and they have the cap room to do it. Well duh.

There is nothing in there about if Kawhi/Durant would be interested. IMO the most interesting tidbit from Winhorst about this came on his latest podcast. Winhorst on the podcast said he didn't think there was any chance of Kawhi/Durant playing together because of the time Durant called Kawhi a system player. He said he talked to someone that knows Kawhi and that Kawhi was pissed about that and still carries that with him.

With that said he didn't say he heard that from Kawhi or whatever so who knows, but it was definitely more interesting than anything in that article I thought.

Thanks.
Appreciate the info!

I never knew KD said that. And I like it
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

With the trajectory Kuzmas on , the thought of potentially pairing Klay with him and LeBron is very exciting.. assuming that hes GSW Klay with us. I dont think hes even considering coming here tho
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Oh and no ones winning a title with Lowry

I would not go that far....that team is dangerous this year.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

AirTupac wrote:
Lol they are not going to the Clippers. I'll be my life KD and Kawhi both dont end up as Clippers ahahahahhaha thats hilario

What makes you think that’s so funny? It’s a real possibility, especially for KL who loves LA but doesn’t want the media attention around the Lakers. Clippers provides him best of both worlds. KD on the other hand will want to go to a marquee team, dude needs attention.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sentient Meat wrote:

This one is really frustrating because before West, Ballmer had all the money but he didn’t have a basketball mind like Jerry in the organization.

West comes in, gets rid of lob city losers and acquires solid, hard working vets. SGA is also a great draft pick and they will have all that flexibility with cap.

All Magic had to do to avoid Kawhi/KD even thinking Clippers was add West as a consultant, especially when he wanted to return to the Lakers. That would have kept Ballmer and the clippers as basically Knicks west coast - cap space but a dysfunctional, losing situation.

Now Jerry West brings credibility to Ballmer’s dollars.

Last edited by LakerSD on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:46 am; edited 3 times in total
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

Okay??? Good thing Balmer cant offer 500 million dollar contracts. What is this delusion with the Clippers? You REALLY think Jerry West is going to be the deciding factor for where these guys will play the next 4 years? Jerry West is an "executive" member at this point in his life. Hardly a great sale compared to Magic and Pelinka and LeBron

I cant wait till this is shut down.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

pokoy wrote:
I have no clue what players' motivations are nor will I try to guess anymore. All I know is that last year when the season started, most fans laughed at Lebron-to-LA (why would he come to the Lakers? They have nobody, he'll be in Kobe's shadow, blah blah blah), and everyone thought PG to LA was a done deal. And now here we are.

What we did have were some folks in the media putting it out there that Lebron to LA was a real possibility early (SAS I think? I just know the rumors were out there early on because I remember the collective scoffing at this rumor early on), and they seem eerily reminscent of how these "Kawhi and KD" rumors feel like right now.

Just listen to KD nowadays. He's openly campaigning for stars not to play with Lebron and he has not said he was re-signing with the Warriors as strongly as a Klay Thompason has.

It's happening. I just hope it backfires spectacularly on them. I hate the Clippers. They're right up there with Boston in my book in terms of teams I will never ever EVER wish good things for.

If either/both sign with the Clips, I fear for them. To the extent the Curse of the Clippers is real - Brian Taylor (achilles), Bill Walton (back, knees), Norm Nixon (knee), Derek Smith (knee), Marques Johnson (neck), Danny Manning (ACL), Ron Harper (ACL), Loy Vaught (back), Shaun Livingston (knee), Elton Brand (achilles), Blake Griffin (foot), et. al., signing with them has risks.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I wouldnt doubt West

If I had to bet all my chips on Kawhi’s decision as of right now it would be the Clippers .. KD is a toss up. Who really knows where hes going lol but obviously I hope its us

Yeah, I'm puzzled by the disbelief... this isn't Donald Sterling's team anymore.

I'd like to think that KD wants to take over for LBJ... but he'll be old himself by the time LeBron retires.

If he wants to rid himself of the bandwagoner legacy... it's better for him to do it with Kawhi and the Clippers.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

I just said its hilarious that people think KD and Kawhi will both go to the fking Clippers after their 0 track record of getting anyone notable. It will all of a sudden change because they have Jerry West as a board member at 90 years old.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I never knew KD said that.

I did not either, until I heard it on that podcast....he made it sound like one of those "Rocky putting Ivan Drago's picture on his mirror" while training in Russia for motivation type of things....like Kawhi will never forget. Someone else chimed in (Royce Young?) and talked about how Durant especially enjoyed taking it to Kawhi when they match up....and kind of suggested that Durant does not see Kawhi on his level.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
I just said its hilarious that people think KD and Kawhi will both go to the fking Clippers after their 0 track record of getting anyone notable. It will all of a sudden change because they have Jerry West as a board member at 90 years old.

I don't it want to happen either... but you act like it's impossible for two superstars to want to play for a man whose wealth makes Jeanie Buss look like she's carrying around a piggy bank.

I hope all the rumors are wrong... but it's hard when they keep gaining traction with major outlets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 422, 423, 424 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 423 of 8560
Jump to: