OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4164, 4165, 4166 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Question: if we sign Collison and don't make any trades, how many minutes can Caruso realistically get? Assuming no injuries, of course.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Question: if we sign Collison and don't make any trades, how many minutes can Caruso realistically get? Assuming no injuries, of course.

I would wager it would depend who we play, how we play, and how he plays. Caruso isn't a complete player, he's weak on driving to the rim and he's weak on playmaking but he's a great defensive guy, provides great energy, and when he's on his 3 ball is valuable. If we really need a defensive guard he sees time, if we need offense or playmaking I can see his time reduced.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject:

The question is does Bradley step up his play? If we sign Collison, the guy who should get their minutes cut out of Bradley/KCP/Carauso is Bradley. Clearly with Rondo being out of rotation.

McGee-18/Dwight-20/AD-10
AD-24/Kuz-24
LeBron-34/KCP-10/Kuz-4
DG-26/KCP-14/Caruso-8
Bradley-18/Collison-20/Caruso-6

Depth-Dudley/THT/Cook/Rondo
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I would wager it would depend who we play, how we play, and how he plays. Caruso isn't a complete player, he's weak on driving to the rim and he's weak on playmaking but he's a great defensive guy, provides great energy, and when he's on his 3 ball is valuable. If we really need a defensive guard he sees time, if we need offense or playmaking I can see his time reduced.

Bradley's going to play if healthy. If we sign Collison, obviously he's going to be higher in the pecking order than Caruso. DG and KCP have to play. I don't even know if Caruso would be given priority over Rondo, and even Rondo would be glued to the bench in this scenario. If everyone is healthy, I just don't know how he gets much PT. Maybe we load manage some guys down the stretch of the regular season and he gets some run, but other than that, I am having trouble seeing how he plays more than an end-of-bench role.

That's if we do nothing but sign Collison, and make no trades. I suppose there's a scenario where the coaching staff could decide to play Caruso over Bradley in the postseason, or perhaps sees Bradley as an injury risk and that Caruso would be a seamless fit to take over Bradley's role if he were to indeed get hurt.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
The question is does Bradley step up his play? If we sign Collison, the guy who should get their minutes cut out of Bradley/KCP/Carauso is Bradley. Clearly with Rondo being out of rotation.

McGee-18/Dwight-20/AD-10
AD-24/Kuz-24
LeBron-34/KCP-10/Kuz-4
DG-26/KCP-14/Caruso-8
Bradley-18/Collison-20/Caruso-6

Depth-Dudley/THT/Cook/Rondo

This seems about right. Depending on the hot hand, I could see Caruso getting a few more minutes from DG or Kuzma. DG has played less than 26 minutes many times this year (he has played 23 minutes or less in almost half our games).

When AD was healthy, Kuzma wasn't getting 28 minutes a game.

Hopefully Collison would be taking Rondo's minutes.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
You can’t just cut a first round talent...especially since imo Daniels is just the perfect guy to let go; Cook is the chemistry fun guy.. Daniels, meh.

46th pick is deep second round, not first.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
The Lakers saw something in THT draft night and made an effort to go out and get him. Now he’s proving them right in the g-league. He’s not going anywhere. Cutting anyone from this team is going to be a tough decision and I’m not sure who that will be. Troy Daniels is a pure shooter and he’ll
Be big for us to provide spacing

Gleague proves nothing.
And he proved nothing in the NBA.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
You can’t just cut a first round talent...especially since imo Daniels is just the perfect guy to let go; Cook is the chemistry fun guy.. Daniels, meh.

Given his young age and the fact that he's producing some intriguing stats in the G League--yes, his shooting can improve--and given that the 2020 Draft is looking extremely weak, it's possible that he would be a first round pick if he were eligible to be taken in the 2020 Draft.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rogers49 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Given his young age and the fact that he's producing some intriguing stats in the G League--yes, his shooting can improve--and given that the 2020 Draft is looking extremely weak, it's possible that he would be a first round pick if he were eligible to be taken in the 2020 Draft.

He had a broken foot and once Klutch realized he wasn’t going to be a high first round pick, they shut him down so the Lakers could draft him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rogers49 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

People who follow the draft are saying he would have been top 10 this year.
I mean, same people who had him around 20th last year..which, even draft sites did.
A player’s talent isn’t determined by his draft slot. I think many teams just have biases against certain things - like a player’s weight ..over focus on certain athletic traits... he had a foot injury that could have been a factor..
Kid has first round talent, and his Gleague play isn’t the first evidence of that
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qwxlorc
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

I would be really annoyed if we traded THT for peanuts.

Seriously annoyed
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rogers49 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I mean, same people who had him around 20th last year..which, even draft sites did.
A player’s talent isn’t determined by his draft slot. I think many teams just have biases against certain things - like a player’s weight ..over focus on certain athletic traits... he had a foot injury that could have been a factor..
Kid has first round talent, and his Gleague play isn’t the first evidence of that

I'm with you. Saw several reputable sites that had him ranked in the top-20 among prospects last year. I agree that his body type probably hurt him. Draymond's weight has fluctuated at times as a professional, so perhaps there's hope that THT can get himself into better shape. I don't know. What I do know is that he has intriguing skill and an amazing wingspan.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

If Collison doesn't come... and instead goes to the Clippers...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
I would be really annoyed if we traded THT for peanuts.

Seriously annoyed

Agreed. THT for the likes of Denzel Valentine would really upset me. If it's for a sure rotation player that I know can contribute, OK, at least I'd get it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qwxlorc

I can't see Atlanta taking on Dedmon's salary for next season here, unless they are getting draft considerations, which we or Sacramento would not be willing to give here. Yes, even with Dedmon's '21-22 salary only guaranteed for $1MM. They have Turner expiring, and there's talk that they want to make a major move this summer with their cap space. They aren't going to want to suck again next season, as Trae goes into his third year. There was talk today that they may go hard after Harrell this summer, for example.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Cousins/Daniels/4 2nd rounders floor bogdan
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Cousins/Daniels/4 2nd rounders floor bogdan

What would you say to Caruso, Daniels, and THT? The same trade would work for Rose, also. I'm guessing Sacramento and Detroit both say no to those, though.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rogers49 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I'm with you. Saw several reputable sites that had him ranked in the top-20 among prospects last year. I agree that his body type probably hurt him. Draymond's weight has fluctuated at times as a professional, so perhaps there's hope that THT can get himself into better shape. I don't know. What I do know is that he has intriguing skill and an amazing wingspan.

there's really nothing about him that doesn't exude 1st round talent....... even his catch and shoot % in college was 35%... 7'1 wingspan.. guys with his height/weight/length so rarely handle the ball like he can, or pass like he can.. great finishing touch..floater touch. knack for using his wingspan for stocks, unlike a Brandon Ingram..
Are we going to do what happened to Joe Ingles, and just because he doesn't have above average foot speed, write him off? He's def a decent athlete..
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rogers49 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

there's really nothing about him that doesn't exude 1st round talent....... even his catch and shoot % in college was 35%... 7'1 wingspan.. guys with his height/weight/length so rarely handle the ball like he can, or pass like he can.. great finishing touch..floater touch. knack for using his wingspan for stocks, unlike a Brandon Ingram..
Are we going to do what happened to Joe Ingles, and just because he doesn't have above average foot speed, write him off? He's def a decent athlete..

I'm guessing it was a combo of his body type and foot injury that caused him to drop, with more of the emphasis on body type.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rogers49 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I'm guessing it was a combo of his body type and foot injury that caused him to drop, with more of the emphasis on body type.

that's really emphasized in this era. Everybody has taken after Riley's body fat, great shape requirements...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject:

^
Yep. Human pogo sticks who look skeletal are cool, but God forbid if a dude has some pudge.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject:

hard pressed to find rookies with these defensive flashes . and have ya'll seen his Lebron-chasedown blocks? had a few of those this year and in college
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Caruso is better than Bradley at basically all facets of the game. Difference is Caruso plays a bulk of minutes in bench units without Lebron where he has to do more to initiate offense.
if we take all the politics and pecking orders out the way our top 4 guards after a Collison signing would be: Collison/Green/KCP/Caruso in no particular order.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
drae wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Caruso is better than Bradley at basically all facets of the game. Difference is Caruso plays a bulk of minutes in bench units without Lebron where he has to do more to initiate offense.
if we take all the politics and pecking orders out the way our top 4 guards after a Collison signing would be: Collison/Green/KCP/Caruso in no particular order.

i don't think it's that cut & dry.. they both have types of players that they're weaker at guarding... Bradley would have been better on WB tonight.. Caruso doesn't try to impose himself and therefor Westbrook just ate up ground where he could, Caruso would give an inch and WB would take a mile.
Caruso is great vs a lot of players though.. and also, Bradley is a better off the dribble shot maker..and when given opportunity, a better passer in the P&R, in part because Caruso is really really bad playmaking in the halfcourt. He's not PG sized, and he doesn't have the prototypical small sized quickness and ability to get in crevices and playmake.. it's just not good.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4164, 4165, 4166 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4165 of 8560
Jump to: