OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4163, 4164, 4165 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

I’m all for keeping Kuz, but what would it take to trade him for Siakam? I couldn’t get any scenarios to work on the trade machine.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:
I’m all for keeping Kuz, but what would it take to trade him for Siakam? I couldn’t get any scenarios to work on the trade machine.

Lol the Raptors won’t even accept LeBron for Siakam.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

STiG909 wrote:

And also bc Toronto laughs and curses you out before you talk about cap matching.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

I too am in for keeping Kuz when he plays well.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Some championship mettle shown tonight. Down AD and they are fighting hard. Chemistry and leadership is amazing.

Which is what you get when you have a team with character guys like Green, Bradley, Caruso, Dwight (yes even Dwight), Rondo etc. This team plays for the front of the jersey.

Not about player development - team development. Not about stats. Wins. This is Lakers culture.

We need to keep working towards getting better as a team. No way we would be scoring like this early in the season without AD. Heck a month ago this would not be possible. We are playing this well because Kuzma, KCP, and others have figured out their spots in the offense. We are seeing a lot more sets where the players are moving into their spots quicker and also willing to take shots or make plays. Dwights screens are just magnificent - its like he creates a shot every time he sets those screens as the freedom the ballhandler gets after a Dwight Howard screen is a wide open jumper.

But we still need a better backup PG and a big wing defender. Get those and we can win this. Don’t and our margins are so small.

I agree we should keep trying to add - I just do not agree that we need to trade Kuzma to get those pieces. I think we can get that help through the FA buyout market in late Feb-early March or by making some small trades. We do not need a major shake up.

I know KIROE is high on THT, but is he really worth keeping longterm? There isn't a single guy on this roster who deserves to be cut - and someone has to be to make space for a FA. THT is a guy that has not really been part of this journey at all ... but KIROE is really high on him. And he's signed with KLUTCH. So untouchable.

It’ll be Troy.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

The player that deserves to be cut is Rondo.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
The player that deserves to be cut is Rondo.
agree
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
I wonder what is harden thinking about now

Next season. lol

Harden’s step back 3 isn’t working and the rest of their guys have been just as cold behind the line.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Some championship mettle shown tonight. Down AD and they are fighting hard. Chemistry and leadership is amazing.

Which is what you get when you have a team with character guys like Green, Bradley, Caruso, Dwight (yes even Dwight), Rondo etc. This team plays for the front of the jersey.

Not about player development - team development. Not about stats. Wins. This is Lakers culture.

We need to keep working towards getting better as a team. No way we would be scoring like this early in the season without AD. Heck a month ago this would not be possible. We are playing this well because Kuzma, KCP, and others have figured out their spots in the offense. We are seeing a lot more sets where the players are moving into their spots quicker and also willing to take shots or make plays. Dwights screens are just magnificent - its like he creates a shot every time he sets those screens as the freedom the ballhandler gets after a Dwight Howard screen is a wide open jumper.

But we still need a better backup PG and a big wing defender. Get those and we can win this. Don’t and our margins are so small.

I agree we should keep trying to add - I just do not agree that we need to trade Kuzma to get those pieces. I think we can get that help through the FA buyout market in late Feb-early March or by making some small trades. We do not need a major shake up.

I know KIROE is high on THT, but is he really worth keeping longterm? There isn't a single guy on this roster who deserves to be cut - and someone has to be to make space for a FA. THT is a guy that has not really been part of this journey at all ... but KIROE is really high on him. And he's signed with KLUTCH. So untouchable.

I’m not opposed to trading THT for the right deal. If he was shooting 4% better from 3 in the Gleague I wouldn’t. ..but we know shooting takes time, and I want to maximize our window.
Regardless, Daniels should be cut for Collison . Daniels isn’t going to get minutes in the playoffs probably and he’s not a great friend of the team like Cook. Idk why you’re hesitant to cut him
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
STiG909 wrote:

I understand that, but for (bleep) and giggles what would it take cap wise?
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject:

We still need a pg besides lbj
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject:

We still need a pg besides lbj
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I’m not opposed to trading THT for the right deal. If he was shooting 4% better from 3 in the Gleague I wouldn’t. ..but we know shooting takes time, and I want to maximize our window.
Regardless, Daniels should be cut for Collison . Daniels isn’t going to get minutes in the playoffs probably and he’s not a great friend of the team like Cook. Idk why you’re hesitant to cut him

I am hesitant to cut anyone who has been there from the start because I think team chemistry is important. I would lean to trade THT for future asset, and second option to waive Boogie.

At this point think #1 we need to get Collison and move forward with that. With the way Kuzma is defending, and the way KCP is playing, I do not think we need a wing defender. Another point guard, for sure could be useful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject:

You can’t just cut a first round talent...especially since imo Daniels is just the perfect guy to let go; Cook is the chemistry fun guy.. Daniels, meh.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

I really wish we had a 1st available to trade.

Derick Rose would make this team just about unbeatable. (And no I'm not trading Kuz for him)

I'm sure the Pistons would be able to fetch more than THT+Cash+2023 2nd round pick lol.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Add Collison and let’s go to the Finals baby
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Derick Rose would make this team just about unbeatable. (And no I'm not trading Kuz for him)

I'm sure the Pistons would be able to fetch more than THT+Cash+2023 2nd round pick lol.

If they like Caruso more than they should, id do that
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

If they like Caruso more than they should, id do that

Would hate to lose Caruso. But Cook+Caruso for Rose would work.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And BI couldn't shoot 3s either, his stroke looks fine.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
You can’t just cut a first round talent...especially since imo Daniels is just the perfect guy to let go; Cook is the chemistry fun guy.. Daniels, meh.

Daniels can be useful as a 2 who comes in for 2-3 min in a playoff game and takes a few 3s. Especially when others are cold. He is one of the purest 3 point shooters we have. I think guys like him and Dudley have a role for this team to play cameos in the playoffs for 2-3 minutes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Trading Caruso would be a major mistake.

Defensively he is great - even tonight, he made some bad decisions on offense, yet ended a +15.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Trading Caruso would be a major mistake.

Defensively he is great - even tonight, he made some bad decisions on offense, yet ended a +15.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
STiG909 wrote:

Don't know how true SAS's source is, but he said Raptors wouldn't deal Siakam for PG13, which would have helped keep Kawhi. I don't know how truthful this is because you are an incompetent GM if you don't trade Siakam for essentially PG13 and Kawhi. Anyway, so this idea of Kuzma for Siakam is comical.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Daniels can be useful as a 2 who comes in for 2-3 min in a playoff game and takes a few 3s. Especially when others are cold. He is one of the purest 3 point shooters we have. I think guys like him and Dudley have a role for this team to play cameos in the playoffs for 2-3 minutes.

You just gotta play dudley or Cook those small minutes....and hope for the best with them, since they’re good shooters too... If THT was a Anthony Brown type rookie, then I’d consider cutting him...but he’s like a Kuzma potential guy
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers saw something in THT draft night and made an effort to go out and get him. Now he’s proving them right in the g-league. He’s not going anywhere. Cutting anyone from this team is going to be a tough decision and I’m not sure who that will be. Troy Daniels is a pure shooter and he’ll
Be big for us to provide spacing
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4163, 4164, 4165 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4164 of 8560
Jump to: