MICHAEL BEASLEY (1-year $3.5M) chose Lakers over OKC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Wow, even with our center woes he can't even get off the bench. I wonder what the story is?

Its still early in the season, I think he's having a hard time learning the Lakers offense. Pretty sure he will get minutes later in the season but at this point i dont have any real expectations for him until he shows it.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

NBA Teams Already Regretting Their Free-Agency Pickups

Quote:
Brook Lopez is earning less than Beasley and killing it with the Milwaukee Bucks. Kyle O'Quinn accepted a one-year deal for the full room exception from the Indiana Pacers. The Lakers could have doubled-down on wing defense and signed Luc Mbah a Moute. They had other, more suitable options even if they weren't willing to dole out multiyear agreements.

This doesn't let the Lakers off the hook for their other signings. But Rondo and Stephenson are at least in the rotation and shooting well from three-point range (for now), and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope occasionally brings some defensive gusto. Beasley, meanwhile, is getting paid more than the minimum to be a non-factor.

LINK
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Quote:
Brook Lopez is earning less than Beasley and killing it with the Milwaukee Bucks. Kyle O'Quinn accepted a one-year deal for the full room exception from the Indiana Pacers. The Lakers could have doubled-down on wing defense and signed Luc Mbah a Moute. They had other, more suitable options even if they weren't willing to dole out multiyear agreements.

This doesn't let the Lakers off the hook for their other signings. But Rondo and Stephenson are at least in the rotation and shooting well from three-point range (for now), and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope occasionally brings some defensive gusto. Beasley, meanwhile, is getting paid more than the minimum to be a non-factor.

LINK

Yeah, Maginka def made poor moves with Beasley, KCP, and Rondo. There were better options at similar $$ that would have fit our team better.

I would have went Ed Davis, Tyreke Evans, Luc Mbah Moute
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

Yeah, Maginka def made poor moves with Beasley, KCP, and Rondo. There were better options at similar $$ that would have fit our team better.

I agree there were better options but understand Bron and KCP were a package deal. Bron was coming but Paul made it clear to Magic to do him a favor and also sign KCP. I still think Rondo will end up being a good signing (Tyreke has already been suspended for being late) but Beasley obviously isn't working and they should have gone with a defensive minded big.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

I feel that Rondo was not only insurance for Zo but a political move against Zo's camp (i.e. Lavar). He seemed okay with a bench role at the time of signing. I am still not seeing the dynamic between Zo, Lance, and Rondo working. But its too early to tell.

Back on topic, I am very disappointed in Bease. I was expecting some production. We could prolly use him at PF right now if he was up to his normal self. Sucks we had to use part of the room exception to get him.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
I feel that Rondo was not only insurance for Zo but a political move against Zo's camp (i.e. Lavar). He seemed okay with a bench role at the time of signing. I am still not seeing the dynamic between Zo, Lance, and Rondo working. But its too early to tell.

Back on topic, I am very disappointed in Bease. I was expecting some production. We could prolly use him at PF right now if he was up to his normal self. Sucks we had to use part of the room exception to get him.

Completely agree on Beas...Don't know whats up with him. I thought he would be a nice weapon off the bench but I was completely wrong. Almost certain he'll be dealt after 12/15 for a legit back up big.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

Wait, am I the only one that didn't know Michael Beasley has been, and continues to be, away from the team for "personal" reasons?!?

Anyone have any insights on what this might be? Hope he's ok. Apparently he's re-joining the team tonight.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

Perhaps Bease will ask to be released...(?)
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

There's absolutely no reason for Beasley to be on this roster.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

I agree there were better options but understand Bron and KCP were a package deal. Bron was coming but Paul made it clear to Magic to do him a favor and also sign KCP. I still think Rondo will end up being a good signing (Tyreke has already been suspended for being late) but Beasley obviously isn't working and they should have gone with a defensive minded big.

Magic is a weak negotiator if he had to give KCP that money when it was sorely needed elsewhere and LeBron presumably wants to be competetive. We already grossly overpaid him last year. And now we're gonna have his early bird rights next season so we can go over the cap to do Rich Paul another favor! Ya!

MBaM was the guy we should have signed if we really wanted to be a small ball team. He and Ariza rounded out a dominant two-way Rockets team last year and their departure is a major reason they suck so bad right now.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

We have no evidence that LeBron and KCP were a package deal. You made a lot of (bleep) up on this post. You got evidence for any of it?
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

Beasley is being paid pretty well, but it was a questionable signing by us from the beginning simply because everyone knew LBJ, Ingram, and Kuz would severely limit any PT he would get.

He honestly should have signed with OKC. Much better fit on that team.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
Beasley is being paid pretty well, but it was a questionable signing by us from the beginning simply because everyone knew LBJ, Ingram, and Kuz would severely limit any PT he would get.

OKC is welcome to trade Noel for him in 6 weeks
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
King Randle wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

We have no evidence that LeBron and KCP were a package deal. You made a lot of (bleep) up on this post. You got evidence for any of it?

When magic was taking about the day Lebron signed he mentioned clutch mgmt asking about KCPs deal going through in the same sentence as Lebron signing. Very interesting nugget he dropped in an interview. Go see the video or audio about the Lebron signing. It’s in there.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Chose Lakers over OKC and hasn't played a moment after looking alright in pre-season.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Chose Lakers over OKC and hasn't played a moment after looking alright in pre-season.

An tbh he wasn’t even alright in preseason. He had a few defensive stops and a few layups but I don’t think I’ve seen him hit one jumper.

This guy averaged 18 for New York last season and hasn’t shown any signs of that type of play here in LA.

Still early and who knows if he can turn a corner but as of now a disappointment.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

He gets zero mins. Why do they even bring him in if he won’t even touch the court....He has been shooting over 50% the last three seasons. Give the man some mins /Luke. He can’t be worse than KCP.

3.3. The lowest of his entire career.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

I have no prob with Rondo or Beas signings assuming we had a real backup big. Beas can play backup PF and Rondo is perfect as a backup to Lonzo. Problem is they don't wanna put Beas as a backup PF, instead as a backup C, and in the meantime we also have Lance which just makes our offense become a total stagnant mess.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Would Donovan been able to get the most out of Beasley? Noel does look pretty good for them... even though a lot of people consider him a bum.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

Michael Beasley is back with the Lakers after leaving the team for a family issue.

https://primary-cdn-shortstop.espn.net/d0571d67-c9af-4af3-b1c6-10c6d1c25c01.jpeg

big guys practicing 3's???
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

Michael Beasley is back with the Lakers after leaving the team for a family issue.

https://primary-cdn-shortstop.espn.net/d0571d67-c9af-4af3-b1c6-10c6d1c25c01.jpeg

If Beasley can end up turning his struggles around, he can end up giving the team a huge boost especially if he ends up contributing in a big way.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

If Beasley can end up turning his struggles around, he can end up giving the team a huge boost especially if he ends up contributing in a big way.

I think he’s a good fit along with Chandler off the bench.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

I actually think that Beasley, rondo and KCP were selected more so as insurance if the young core doesn’t pan out. A veteran team to complement LeBron if things went pear shaped with the youth movement.

I actually expect to see more of Beasley over BI and Kuzma as the season wears on. Maybe even quicker than expected seeing how BI is doing this far.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

I think he’s a good fit along with Chandler off the bench.

I hope so, he’s the closest player that resembles Carmelo in terms of elite ISO.
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:

Maybe Beas and a 2nd gets us Noel? Hopefully Tyson Chandler eliminates THAT problem. Any end of bench shooters out there we could trade for?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 36 of 45
Jump to: