How does our version of the "death lineup" stack up to playoff teams?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
deal wrote:
At first, it may look more like;

Lance
KCP
Ingram
Kuzma
LeBron

Or
Rondo
Ball
Hart
LeBron
McGee

We really have no idea what our death lineup is at this point.

Yeah, after I sent I realized I’m forgot Rondo. Still don’t know if Hart makes the cut. He’ll have time to show off.

Yea my point was more about how we don’t know who it’ll end up being because of depth and positional versatility. My preference isn’t in line with most but looks like
Rondo
Lonzo
Pick 2 of (Hart/KCP/Ingram/Kuzma)
LeBron

That team can defend multiple positions and will make enough shots IMO. If Zo isn’t at 34-36% from 3, you probably add 3 of those 4 instead of 2 and Zo.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
deal wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
deal wrote:

Lance
KCP
Ingram
Kuzma
LeBron

Or
Rondo
Ball
Hart
LeBron
McGee

Yeah, after I sent I realized I’m forgot Rondo. Still don’t know if Hart makes the cut. He’ll have time to show off.

Yea my point was more about how we don’t know who it’ll end up being because of depth and positional versatility. My preference isn’t in line with most but looks like
Rondo
Lonzo
LeBron

That team can defend multiple positions and will make enough shots IMO. If Zo isn’t at 34-36% from 3, you probably add 3 of those 4 instead of 2 and Zo.

I don't think Rondo and Zo will be on the court together for any significant period of time. Zo would have to become an elite shooter (after being a terrible one in his rookie season) to make up for Rondo's non-existent jump shot.

I'm with OP:
Zo
Hart
BI
Kuz
Bron

My main concern with this lineup is FT shooting. LeBron is the best FT shooter in that lineup, and that is a problem.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

“We may not see this on day one, but the coaching staff is eager to see our version of the [Warriors'] Death Lineup with Lonzo [Ball], Josh Hart, Brandon Ingram, [Kyle] Kuzma and LeBron," a second Lakers executive said.

As of today, this is what the coaching staff sees if this source is correct. The great basketball minds at LG can give this one a rest.

Last edited by Villain6Activated on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker Hefe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Then they throw Boogie Cousins out there and he dominates Lebron in the post.

He's got to get on the court first and be able to keep up with their pace.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
deal wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
deal wrote:

Lance
KCP
Ingram
Kuzma
LeBron

Or
Rondo
Ball
Hart
LeBron
McGee

Rondo
Lonzo
LeBron

I don't think Rondo and Zo will be on the court together for any significant period of time. Zo would have to become an elite shooter (after being a terrible one in his rookie season) to make up for Rondo's non-existent jump shot.

I'm with OP:
Zo
Hart
BI
Kuz
Bron

My main concern with this lineup is FT shooting. LeBron is the best FT shooter in that lineup, and that is a problem.

Rondo shot 33% on 2.3 attempts. That’s not non existent. That’s more attempts than BI by .5 shots(at a much worse %). I think he’s a lot more comfortable shooting these days. I wouldn’t say elite but I agree to an extent about Lonzo. He needs to get up near 35% and on a similar amount of attempts as last year. But even if he doesn’t get there, I wouldn’t be shocked if his defense keeps him on the floor.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Quote:

“We may not see this on day one, but the coaching staff is eager to see our version of the [Warriors'] Death Lineup with Lonzo [Ball], Josh Hart, Brandon Ingram, [Kyle] Kuzma and LeBron," a second Lakers executive said.

As of today, this is what the coaching staff sees if this source is correct. The great basketball minds at LG can give this one a rest.

And it’s great in theory. Well see what happens but not a sure thing and it’s worth a discussion.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Quote:

And it’s great in theory. Well see what happens but not a sure thing and it’s worth a discussion.

I guess, I personally think that they start off the season trying to get this thing to work with their main 4 young guys can do next to Lebron since these were the guys that built the foundation last season.

But if it doesn't work out they have backup options for every player. Rondo can come in for Lonzo, KCP can come in for Hart, Stephenson can come in for BI, Kuzma can be moved for McGee etc.

But from what Magic and Pelinka have been saying about this "sustainable success", I think they really will prioritize the minutes and touches for these four guys over the one year deals.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Laker Hefe wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Picture this and tell me which one would be an easier basket:

A) Cousins backing Lebron up while Ingram, Lonzo, and Hart trying to strip him, btw Lebron is 250lb and cousins 270lb and LeBron is ALL muscle so good luck punishing him.

or

B) Lakers grab a defensive rebound and look for LeBron on the break while cousins try to keep up with him.

its all about smarts buddy. Look at LBJ school pau

Last edited by watchME on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
Laker Hefe wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

A) Cousins backing Lebron up while Ingram, Lonzo, and Hart trying to strip him, btw Lebron is 250lb and cousins 270lb and LeBron is ALL muscle so good luck punishing him.

or

B) Lakers grab a defensive rebound and look for LeBron on the break while cousins try to keep up with him.

It'll happen for a possession max until they call a timeout and sub in McGee tbh.

We're protecting Lebron's body and toll more then anything else in the regular season.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Him and what Achilles tendon? Cousins won't be dominating anything next year. Stick to medical reality.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Quote:

I guess, I personally think that they start off the season trying to get this thing to work with their main 4 young guys can do next to Lebron since these were the guys that built the foundation last season.

But if it doesn't work out they have backup options for every player. Rondo can come in for Lonzo, KCP can come in for Hart, Stephenson can come in for BI, Kuzma can be moved for McGee etc.

But from what Magic and Pelinka have been saying about this "sustainable success", I think they really will prioritize the minutes and touches for these four guys over the one year deals.

I don’t think they’re gonna makes moves based on long term development instead of short term success anymore. LeBron changes the priorities. If those 4 are the best 4 then yes but I’m not sure that’ll be the case.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

smh..
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
watchME wrote:
Laker Hefe wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

or

It'll happen for a possession max until they call a timeout and sub in McGee tbh.

We're protecting Lebron's body and toll more then anything else in the regular season.

Boogie won’t be ready until right before the playoffs though. We may not see him in the regular season. AD? LeBron can handle him as well as anybody. Embiid? He worries me but only a few times a year being in the East. Drummond? DJ? Capela? Those guys don’t even work in the post. I don’t think they value post defense at all and it seems they will be bating teams into beating them there.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
watchME wrote:
Laker Hefe wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

or

Of course, this line up is not for the regular season, it's for the playoffs the last 4 minutes of close games. Btw you talking about the best player in the game, teams have to match up with us not the other way around. Rockets played tucker at C in the playoffs for stretches. Even Durant has played C at times.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The nice thing is we have a lot of mix/match players this year, unlike last year when due to injury, Travis Wear was our starting SF and Ennis playing major PG minutes.

Lonzo down? Bring in Rondo.
KCP in jail? Bring out Hart.
BI feeling gimpy? Lance or LBJ.

And so on.

kcp in jail

sorry cannot help it

Yeah the fact that it’s even a possibility is insane.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: How does our version of the "death lineup" stack up to playoff teams?

1ngr4m wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Quote:

I'm not delusional enough to think that this lineup will give the Warriors any trouble with their death lineup but I think this lineup can do some damage.

Ball (6'6)
Hart (6'5)
Ingram (6'9)
Kuzma (6'9)
Bron (6'9)

This lineup has atleast 2 very good shooters, atleast 2 very good defenders, atleast 2 very good scorers , and 2 guys with IQ levels that are off the chart.

i would replace ball with kcp until lonzo learns to shoot with consistency.
but that group will be nasty.

Honestly, I think Lonzo will be the second most important piece if that lineup after Lebron. He's the best defender in that lineup by far at this point, and I think his jumpshot will be improved this year.

Lebron is the best defender in that lineup. Lonzo is 2nd or 3rd
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: How does our version of the "death lineup" stack up to playoff teams?

Ball (6'6) vs Curry (6’3)
Hart (6'5) vs Klay (6’6)
Ingram (6'9) vs Iggy (6’7)
Kuzma (6'9) vs KD (6’11)
Bron (6'9) vs Draymond (6’7)

But the match ups should be

Hart on Curry
Lonzo on Klay
Ingram on KD
Lebron roaming on Iggy
Kuzma on Draymond
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:

Lance
KCP
Ingram
Kuzma
LeBron

In what universe does Lance beat out Lonzo in the death lineup?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Good one.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Like it or not - huge liability at point
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

We don't have a death lineup anymore. We lost the small ball big that made it work. You don't want LeBron at the 5 in a death lineup you want him at the 4 and able to run.

We had it though

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma
LeBron

are definitely a 1-4 of a death lineup. We're missing a small ball 5 though that can keep up or push in the fast breaks like Draymond does at the 5 for Golden State.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
I'd rather have a rim protector in there
You only need a rim protector when the defender is trailing, if you switch everything the defender won’t trail unless you are terrible at defense. These guys are all good defenders.

Also basketball is like boxer, styles make the fights. If we build our identity to push the pace and get a bunch of lay ups every game from steals and missed 3s while forcing teams to play ISO because of our strong switching (rockets forced gsw) then i like our changes. Lebron is the best player in the open court, then you add in lonzo, hart, kuz and ingram. Everytime any of these players grab a rebound they won’t be looking to pass to our Pg.. they are pushing. They will kee teams on their heels.

Hey watchME, those are excellent points... thank you for sharing. FWIW, the warriors already looked gassed out last year.. and they'll only be an year older!
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: How does our version of the "death lineup" stack up to playoff teams?

Car54 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Quote:

I'm not delusional enough to think that this lineup will give the Warriors any trouble with their death lineup but I think this lineup can do some damage.

Ball (6'6)
Hart (6'5)
Ingram (6'9)
Kuzma (6'9)
Bron (6'9)

This lineup has atleast 2 very good shooters, atleast 2 very good defenders, atleast 2 very good scorers , and 2 guys with IQ levels that are off the chart.

Honestly, I think Lonzo will be the second most important piece if that lineup after Lebron. He's the best defender in that lineup by far at this point, and I think his jumpshot will be improved this year.

Lebron is the best defenderin that lineup. Lonzo is 2nd or 3rd

It's not 2012

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
We don't have a death lineup anymore. We lost the small ball big that made it work. You don't want LeBron at the 5 in a death lineup you want him at the 4 and able to run.

We had it though

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma
LeBron

are definitely a 1-4 of a death lineup. We're missing a small ball 5 though that can keep up or push in the fast breaks like Draymond does at the 5 for Golden State.

McGee is mobile enough to be apart of a death lineup
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: How does our version of the "death lineup" stack up to playoff teams?

diando wrote:
Car54 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Quote:

Ball (6'6)
Hart (6'5)
Ingram (6'9)
Kuzma (6'9)
Bron (6'9)

Lebron is the best defenderin that lineup. Lonzo is 2nd or 3rd

It's not 2012

You know nothing
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: