Lakers Jersey Redesign?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
2019 wrote:
Username wrote:
It looks like we're bringing back the bulky white drop shadow from the Showtime-era jerseys this season:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_s8kBSU4AAEGQ5.jpg

Good catch... I don't know if I like it. Last years were slow clean..

But if there is a change, AD and Lebron should have been able to change or Nike just eats that cost. People are going to hold off buying them until next season which is going to drastically limit the number of sales.

If this is true, it's the only good jersey design move they've managed to pull out of their idiot asses since 2018. Nu NBA jersey era is, to quote TR re: US coinage in 1906, "artistically of atrocious hideousness". Why would the NBA and/or the franchise itself want the flagship franchise (not to mention the Smelts) to F w/ their packed-full-of-history uniforms to high degrees? What a history killing and pointless decision. More cavalier than the Cavaliers. More maverick than the Mavericks. Wearing white and purple w/ black stripe and some other 4th design that's better than the black stripe unis is such a smart idea. Yeah, let's not have them wear gold at home after 50 years and they'll wear 3 other NON gold unis there instead! NU NBA!

Class analysis. I especially appreciate the aversion to "nu-NBA" (something you coined in 2012 iirc)

couldn't OF said it better myself
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:26 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
2019 wrote:
Username wrote:
It looks like we're bringing back the bulky white drop shadow from the Showtime-era jerseys this season:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_s8kBSU4AAEGQ5.jpg

Good catch... I don't know if I like it. Last years were slow clean..

But if there is a change, AD and Lebron should have been able to change or Nike just eats that cost. People are going to hold off buying them until next season which is going to drastically limit the number of sales.

If this is true, it's the only good jersey design move they've managed to pull out of their idiot asses since 2018. Nu NBA jersey era is, to quote TR re: US coinage in 1906, "artistically of atrocious hideousness". Why would the NBA and/or the franchise itself want the flagship franchise (not to mention the Smelts) to F w/ their packed-full-of-history uniforms to high degrees? What a history killing and pointless decision. More cavalier than the Cavaliers. More maverick than the Mavericks. Wearing white and purple w/ black stripe and some other 4th design that's better than the black stripe unis is such a smart idea. Yeah, let's not have them wear gold at home after 50 years and they'll wear 3 other NON gold unis there instead! NU NBA!

Class analysis. I especially appreciate the aversion to "nu-NBA" (something you coined in 2012 iirc)

couldn't OF said it better myself

Yes, yes, yall, dudes. And, Huey, did you know that AD is the best player to wear #3 for us since Trevor Ariza and Sedale Threatt before him? Didju know this, Huey?...

I hated when the Knicks and Celtics added black elements to their uniforms! The Lakers(!) doing it is beyond the pale.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28
Jump to: