Dwight Howard wants to come back to the lakers (Expected to sign with Wizards, pg 10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Let's not take the bait. For all we know, Golden State signed Cousins to try and bait their opponents into signing Dwight and sabotaging their team.

I agree with the poster who said with all the weird moves after the Lebron signing so far, signing Dwight would be the one that would make me vomit a little in my mouth.

Wait.... You think warriors signed Cousins, for a team to sign Dwight? Lol
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

I despise the dude, but will take him to help our chance be better than OKC and Spurs.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

NO! Lopez over this guy.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Net rtg 1.7 ts% 57.7 reb% 22 pie 13.6

All better than Lopez, the fit is weird and he doesn't spread the floor but would be a nice counter to DC against GSW.

What the he'll swing for the fences, it would only be for one year why not? Next year would be a totally new season anyway.

Hopefully, this front office has not fooled itself into believing its matching Golden State tick for tack. We are not at the level, yet. Stay the course. Don't make moves behind the preset that we are keeping up with Golden State. That'll be delusional.

Last edited by ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

All better than Lopez, the fit is weird and he doesn't spread the floor but would be a nice counter to DC against GSW.

What the he'll swing for the fences, it would only be for one year why not? Next year would be a totally new season anyway.

Hopefully, this front office has fooled itself into believing its matching Golden State tick for tack. We are not at the level, yet. Stay the course. Don't make moves behind the preset that we are keeping up with Golden State. That'll be delusional.

It would be staying the course though, only a one year deal
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:
Hypothetically speaking.. if we signed Howard and traded Ingram, 1st round pick and Deng for a fully healthy Kawhi.. does this team beat the Warriors? Lets assume a sane locker room with good team spirit (hire Richard Jefferson as an assistant coach; keep Channing Frye.. fellow Wildcats and buddies of Luke and Lebron).

C - Dwight/McGee/Zubac
F - Lebron/Wagner/Frye
F - Kawhi/Kuzma/Svi
G - KCP/Hart/Stephenson
G - Ball/Rondo

I am just wondering.. not saying I would do the trade for sure but could this team defeat the Warriors if Kawhi is healthy and locker room chemistry is under control?

I like it.. but if we wait one more season for Kawhi, that lineup looks even better... because you add ingram at the 2 guard and if his shot becomes money like i think it will... YIKES... he will be able to get it off over anyone

Last edited by lakersibleed on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

One year deal? Fine. One year plus 30 seconds? Hell no.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Would he do $5mil for 2 yr with team option next yr? I'll take that but LAbron better be able to guide D12, Rondo, Lance and McGee

Like he "guided" the 20 or so guys that went through Cleveland the past two seasons?

James is an amazing talent that has been impressively defying Father Time but the team chemistry on his teams has been progressively declining. He is not guiding his band of mercenary misfits any more then he is mentoring the young guys.

At this point I prefer Lopez getting re-signed or simply going with the three current Cs and hoping for the best. (Side question, what is with all the comments of Kuzma playing C?).

Maybe this team can gel together. Longshot IMO. Too many year to year vets only invested in their next team and mixed messages to the young guys that will stifle any team chemistry.

I am trying to remain positive but some of these signings and the "need" expressed by many to bring in more questionable malcontents is making it tough to remain so.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

Howard is a turnover factory
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

Daphanabe wrote:
I have strongly supported every move Magilinka have made from day one, but this happening would likely make me vomit in my mouth.

I've already done that on a couple of their moves. You learn to get used to the taste.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

I would take him. A potential lineup of say

Rondo
Ingram
Lebron
Kuz
Dwight

Or

Rondo
Ball
Ingram
Lebron
Dwight

Can be a beast defensively with enough scorers. So many options. Mcgee is not a starter in this league unless you plan to tank. At least not on a playoff team.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

Seeing the most powerful woman in sports called him out as a loser, im hoping its a strong pass. Plus dont you grt bird rights the next year if Lopez is the guy?

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Hopefully, this front office has not fooled itself into believing its matching Golden State tick for tack. We are not at the level, yet. Stay the course. Don't make moves behind the preset that we are keeping up with Golden State. That'll be delusional.

Its a 1 year contract..Very expendable... and tradeable!! Why would that not be staying the course??

Plus you save LBJ from having to be the rim protector for this team! I think its a MUST when you think about preserving LEBRON for the 2019 run at the championship!
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

this guys is poison can't have rondo, dwight on the same team. if you don't sign Boogie why sign dwight.
MoriArty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

I swear if Dwight can just stop with the shenanigans he could be a big time asset. If Lebron can keep him in check and he can buy into rebounding and defending the rim, catching lobs and running the p&r with Lonzo/Rondo/Bron/Lance (don't sleep, he's a fantastic pick and roll ballhandler) he can be pivotal in a deep playoff run, and I mean that. Nothing would rehab his image more than him humbling himself and playing his natural game with success in a redemption run as a Laker, especially if the team coalesces and emerges as a serious threat out here. Him putting up something like 14/12/2-3 blocks, if he's still capable of sustaining that over 70+ games and the postseason, definitely makes him worth whatever money we can throw at him. He'll be flush with cash after the buyout anyhow and after Boogie accepting a low-ball offer I can see him taking the minimum.

2013 me would slap me in the face for saying so, but I'm cool with signing Dwight.
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Let's not take the bait. For all we know, Golden State signed Cousins to try and bait their opponents into signing Dwight and sabotaging their team.

I agree with the poster who said with all the weird moves after the Lebron signing so far, signing Dwight would be the one that would make me vomit a little in my mouth.

Wait.... You think warriors signed Cousins, for a team to sign Dwight? Lol

Not seriously. But damn they are definitely trolling the NBA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

Is Dwight still demanding to be fed in the post? For every bucket in the post, he had so many other empty post touches where he did nothing of consequence. I might be somewhat open to Dwight if he's willing to be LeBron's Chandler.

I'd rather have Lopez back, if possible.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
MoriArty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
I despise the dude, but will take him to help our chance be better than OKC and Spurs.

I really want to mop up OKC in the playoffs in the worst way. Not salty about PG, but I would kinda like to let them have it just to see the look on his face when he realizes he chose the wrong side.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Nnamdi21 wrote:
I would take him. A potential lineup of say

Rondo
Ingram
Lebron
Kuz
Dwight

Or

Rondo
Ball
Ingram
Lebron
Dwight

Can be a beast defensively with enough scorers. So many options. Mcgee is not a starter in this league unless you plan to tank. At least not on a playoff team.

Both of those lineups look really good...

Or

Ball
Ingram
LBJ
Kuz
D12

Bench MOB=Sick
Rondo
kcp
stephenson
?
Mcgee
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

How many annual roster resets actually work?

How many does James have left in him?

Team chemistry is important. To bad that it is being overlooked.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

hell no

Brook/Mcgee/Zu/Wagner looks waaaaaay better
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

Im down with Dwight on a 1 year deal. Him accepting a buy out. Him doing his media tour. Him wanting to win suggests a change in mindset in my opinion.

Guys everyone matures
Dwight gets a bad rap I think because of what he could have been if he didn't make his decision to leave Orlando. I think he has good intentions but sometimes his immaturity gets in the way

The guy played 81 games last year averaged 16, 12 and 1 block. He moved around really well, with improved jump shot

He was let go because of need to clear cap space. He was moved from Atlanta in order to clear cap space as well.

If you have a culture in place with strong personalities I can Dwight can thrive.

If the warriors can get Javale Mcgee to succeed and kick his reputation, I think Lebron, Magic, Rob, Luke can get Dwight to be successful.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

Zo
KCP
Ingram
Lebron
Dwight can be strong team

and we have shooters off the bench

Rondo
Svi
Hart
Kuz
Wagner
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
How many annual roster resets actually work?

How many does James have left in him?

Team chemistry is important. To bad that it is being overlooked.

How??
Our young core stayed pretty much intact... We have to add new players!! Plus this a team chemistry BUILDING year.. The year following we go for the CHAMPIONSHIP by adding Kawhi and trying to resign all of these guys on 1year deals.. or add Kawhi and possibly another maxish kinda player...
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Brolo won’t complain about his role, provides spacing, can make free throws, and is a pretty good defender as well. It’s not even close.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10
Jump to: