Legend of PLAYOFF RONDO (Woj: Trade to Cavs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 166, 167, 168  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:09 am    Post subject:

Rajon Rondo will opt out of his contract with the Los Angeles Lakers to become an unrestricted free agent
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:37 am    Post subject:

Rondo will comeback. He wants to win more titles and we can offer him good money with early bird rights. I remember him going to Pelicans in 2017 even though Lakers were interested and were willing to offer more. He wanted to join a playoff team with AD, Cousins and Jrue then. So he's not gonna join some lottery team offering some more money than Lakers can right now.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:49 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Rajon Rondo will opt out of his contract with the Los Angeles Lakers to become an unrestricted free agent

Source? Or you just think will happen?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:54 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Source? Or you just think will happen?

Link was posted on FA thread... Plus it's a no brainer he opts out. He will get a raise by opting out. I believe we have his bird rights. Meaning we can give him a raise without affecting the cap.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject:

Since Rondo has been with the team 2 years, I think the Lakers can use their early bird rights to re-sign him. I think we can pay him up to the MLE amount without actually needing to use the MLE. He was perhaps the team's 3rd most valuable player in the playoffs and has a deep connection with AD. He absolutely was gonna opt out and get the raise. Now the question for me is not the annual payment, the years. I would overpay him for a year and keep him on a 1 year deal. Nothing more than that, and I am a guy that supported Rondo all season. 1 year deal at most.

Lakers should also talk to Rondo about being a Laker assistant coach after his playing days are over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Since Rondo has been with the team 2 years, I think the Lakers can use their early bird rights to re-sign him. I think we can pay him up to the MLE amount without actually needing to use the MLE. He was perhaps the team's 3rd most valuable player in the playoffs and has a deep connection with AD. He absolutely was gonna opt out and get the raise. Now the question for me is not the annual payment, the years. I would overpay him for a year and keep him on a 1 year deal. Nothing more than that, and I am a guy that supported Rondo all season. 1 year deal at most.

Lakers should also talk to Rondo about being a Laker assistant coach after his playing days are over.

If we use the early bird right the contract must be at least 2 years. Is there anything in next year's FA besides Giannis who we are not going to get? Since we are a championship team, I don't think he will like to be called a Durant.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I think you have to make his deal 2 years if you the early bird. The 2nd year could be non guarantee but our FO need to be careful of how their approach that because Rondo has an ego too. A non guarantee might make think we don’t believe on him. One year deal is the most preferable on our end but Rondo has the liberty to decide what’s best for him in this case.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ben Rosales
@brosales12

A few more items from Shams:

KCP and Rondo opting out. Both mutual interest in re-upping
, KCP a possible Atlanta target.

Dwight with interest from Dubs. Mutual interest in returning to LA.

Kuz with several suitors if LA explores trade market.

Hope he re-signs, but at a price not too high.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

If he doesn't sign with us, I just hope some team other than the Clippers breaks the bank to sign him. Feel this way with our other FA's.
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

As much as the clippers need Rondo I think the bucks need him more.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Why so conservative?

Hasn't the man proven enough? Playoff Rondo is a real thing and people have been waiting on him to fall-off for years and it still hasn't happened. He might be 34 but because of his journey-man seasons he's also missed out on a lot of potential playoff basketball that would've added to the wear & tear.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

We will keep all the contributing players. Pelinka is too smart to get screwed over dreaming about Giannis(won't team up with Bron) after what KL did. This is our championship window while Bron is still the best player in the world. Rondo and KCP are important. In KCP's case, he's a even a trade asset in 2021 if we want to clear cap space for Oladipo.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject:

Lakers won't have enough cap space for LeBron, AD, Deng and Giannis. Forget about 2021 FA, maintain the important players from this year aiming to win in 2021 and 2022.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

What is scary is that the Clippers might want Rondo. Their offense can get stagnant and Rondo can open it up.
Rondo hasn't got much left in the tank, but when he brings it he is
playoff Rondo.
The trouble is he has to be hidden on defense.
Rondo is definitely worth 4/5M for one more year.
He will be frustrating during the regular season than
turn it on in the playoffs.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Good morning. According to @JaredDudley619, Rondo’s bball IQ is on par with LeBron’s. Through his film study, he was able to figure out Harden’s and Jimmy’s tendencies to help formulate defensive game plans to shut them down https://t.co/5Wa0KnNrlE

https://twitter.com/WayoffPiss/status/1317115120900698113?s=19

I want Rondo back. His ability to dissect film is on Bron's level. I'd hate to see him go.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:58 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
What is scary is that the Clippers might want Rondo. Their offense can get stagnant and Rondo can open it up.
Rondo hasn't got much left in the tank, but when he brings it he is
playoff Rondo.
The trouble is he has to be hidden on defense.
Rondo is definitely worth 4/5M for one more year.
He will be frustrating during the regular season than
turn it on in the playoffs.

Clippers won't have any cap space after paying Harrel and Morris. Lakers can give Rondo good money using the early bird rights. Maybe pay over his market value for one season to make the 2nd year non guaranteed.

Clippers are already over the cap without paying Morris and Trezz.
https://hoopshype.com/salaries/los_angeles_clippers/
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Quote:
Good morning. According to @JaredDudley619, Rondo’s bball IQ is on par with LeBron’s. Through his film study, he was able to figure out Harden’s and Jimmy’s tendencies to help formulate defensive game plans to shut them down https://t.co/5Wa0KnNrlE

I want Rondo back. His ability to dissect film is on Bron's level. I'd hate to see him go.

Ok, so I'm not allowed to go back to resurrect some people's dead posts, but do you realize when he was first signed someone on this board said Rondo was: "a waste of cap space".

I saw playoff Rondo over the years so I was thrilled when we signed him. One of the most intelligent basketball minds ever!
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Josh Hart lobbying for Rondo to sign with Pelicans

https://twitter.com/joshhart/status/1316570728947486726?s=21
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Quote:

Ok, so I'm not allowed to go back to resurrect some people's dead posts, but do you realize when he was first signed someone on this board said Rondo was: "a waste of cap space".

I saw playoff Rondo over the years so I was thrilled when we signed him. One of the most intelligent basketball minds ever!

Rondo was a waste during the regular season too.
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:48 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Quote:

Me too. I can see him as a coach for the Lakers when his playing career is done. My favorite memory is the pass he made to Anthony Davis who then hits the game winner against Denver. The camera shows him walking off the court nonchalantly as his teammates are jumping up and down in the background. He has the soul of a champion.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:55 am    Post subject:

aiel wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Quote:

Me too. I can see him as a coach for the Lakers when his playing career is done. My favorite memory is the pass he made to Anthony Davis who then hits the game winner against Denver. The camera shows him walking off the court nonchalantly as his teammates are jumping up and down in the background. He has the soul of a champion.

IT's his 3 point shooting that has baffled me. Phil Handy has worked on his shot but will his shot be there if there were no bubble?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:37 am    Post subject:

Rondo has even more value as a coaching assistant than a player, perhaps.
Then his relationship with AD.
I would definitely try to bring him back.

The value goes way beyond the actual play or stats.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject:

Player/Coach Rondo.

Coach most of the season with a little playing time to tune up and then let him do his thing in the playoffs.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
aiel wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Quote:

IT's his 3 point shooting that has baffled me. Phil Handy has worked on his shot but will his shot be there if there were no bubble?

Will Lakers win the title if not the bubble? Reminds me of haters asking that while giving pass to Clippers saying they didn't even want to be there.

Rondo shot 42% from 3P in 2018 playoffs so it's not all that baffling that he can hit wide open 3s now.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
aiel wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Quote:

Will Lakers win the title if not the bubble? Reminds me of haters asking that while giving pass to Clippers saying they didn't even want to be there.

Rondo shot 42% from 3P in 2018 playoffs so it's not all that baffling that he can hit wide open 3s now.

Kinda like Jason Kidd did later in his career. He became a threat with his 3 ball.

Rondo ball hawking Harden, Murray and Butler in this playoff was a reminisced on what Pippen used to do . That took a lot of time for other teams to set up their offense. Rondo was also on another gear defensively in the playoffs and that’s an understatement.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 166, 167, 168  Next
Page 154 of 168
Jump to: