Interesting Info I Just Learned About Lakers/Clippers Free Agency

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject: Interesting Info I Just Learned About Lakers/Clippers Free Agency

I was speaking with one of my Persian cousins who works in the front office of the Clippers and he told me some interesting info. He told me that he knew they were getting Serge Ibaka for weeks before he signed. I asked him why we kept hearing the Lakers attached to Ibaka and he told me that 'he thinks' Ibaka/Kawhi were trying to lure the Lakers into waiting on Ibaka and miss out on other free agents before stiffing us like Kawhi did last year.

I know that this is just my cousin's theory but it really pissed me off! I am so happy we stole Harrell and I want to mop the floor with that sorry ass team this year.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Not surprising.

FYI - don't give out too much info on your cousin. People might try to look him up.

https://www.nba.com/clippers/club-directory
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Good point but this person's name is not Persian sounding
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject:

It just made me laugh because they are playing Shoots and Ladders and the Lakers are in the Chemistry lab
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject:

God I hate Kawhi...Shady, sneaky character.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting Info I Just Learned About Lakers/Clippers Free Agency

LakersFanESS wrote:
I was speaking with one of my Persian cousins who works in the front office of the Clippers and he told me some interesting info. He told me that he knew they were getting Serge Ibaka for weeks before he signed. I asked him why we kept hearing the Lakers attached to Ibaka and he told me that 'he thinks' Ibaka/Kawhi were trying to lure the Lakers into waiting on Ibaka and miss out on other free agents before stiffing us like Kawhi did last year.

I know that this is just my cousin's theory but it really pissed me off! I am so happy we stole Harrell and I want to mop the floor with that sorry ass team this year.

I posted this exact scenario in the Rob Pelinka thread about 3 or 4 days ago. I'm not a front office person for anyone. I simply put two and two together. My conclusion was Kawhi is a snake like character, and that he & Ibaka had a bond from their Toronto days.

I believe that's exactly what was happening, and I gave credit to Rob Pelinka for sniffing that ish out quickly and moving on to Trez.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject:

I dont want the lakers to even be interested in snake Kawhi anymore....

robot (bleep)
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting Info I Just Learned About Lakers/Clippers Free Agency

LakersFanESS wrote:

I'm NOT your cousin , but I did post this last Sunday:

Pure speculation: I think our sharp VP of Operations just avoided a trap set by a snake. Ibaka, with Leonard's complicit cooperation, could have strung the Lakers along by feigning sincere interest in joining the team.

Isn't that what Leonard did while working to get PG? All Leonard had to do was threaten the clippers with "I'm going to the Lakers" to get what he wanted. You know he wanted Ibaka.

He's tight w/Ibaka. If Pelinka had not acted , they could have easily strung us along like Leonard did last year, and, as a result, created the time for Trez to sign for bigger money in Charlotte, and Ibaka announce he's going to the clippers.

Lakers out of the running for both the end result.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:21 am    Post subject:

That was a pretty stupid plan by them (if true). Waiting for a superstar to make his decision is sensible, especially if you have the chance to build a dynasty, which the Lakers did at the time. But Ibaka? The Lakers were never going to wait around for Ibaka like they did for Kawhi. If this is true it just makes the Harrell signing all the more enjoyable. Idiots.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:34 am    Post subject:

It sounds like your Persian cousin was trying to wind you up. And he succeeded.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject:

Ibaka thought he was slick on social media. Can’t wait to watch bron and AD run a train on him. They abused him in his prime now they’ll abuse him even more at 40
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

robot (bleep)

Lakers will not be interested. That puss is going to bolt to Miami next season and leave the other puss hanging (where will he go?).
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

robot (bleep)

Lakers will not be interested. That puss is going to bolt to Miami next season and leave the other puss hanging (where will he go?).

Dallas maybe?
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject:

KY is an idiot. Had an opportunity to play for the greatest franchise in Sports and win 3 or 4 more rings and become one of the all time greats. Instead he goes to a cursed team and becomes a perennial loser. And tries to screw the Lakers in the process. I actually think the Lakers dodged a bullet in not getting KY.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: