THANK YOUJAVALE MCGEE!!! (Traded to Cleveland)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
Welcome back, big fella!

Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

JaVale McGee has agreed to return to the Lakers, where he’ll likely start at center, league sources tell ESPN. It’s a two-year, $8.2 million deal, with a player option.

I think this is a good thing
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
Welcome back, big fella!

Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

JaVale McGee has agreed to return to the Lakers, where he’ll likely start at center, league sources tell ESPN. It’s a two-year, $8.2 million deal, with a player option.

I assume that was said before we got Cousins
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
defense wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
Welcome back, big fella!

Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

I'm glad we re-signed Mcgee but there is no way he is going to play along side davis for long. The spacing would be terrible between him AD and LBJ.

We could run some horns set with the two but he is much more suited to come of the bench especially with his asthma.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
defense wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
Welcome back, big fella!

Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

I'm glad we re-signed Mcgee but there is no way he is going to play along side davis for long. The spacing would be terrible between him AD and LBJ.

We could run some horns set with the two but he is much more suited to come of the bench especially with his asthma.

Prefer the coaches have to work out the offensive issues with McGee over the defense with Cousins.

McGee and Davis setting the tone defensively at the start of games against the opposing stars is a much better option IMO. On offense, McGees ability to receive lobs can be his contribution.

Once the substitutions start, Cousins will get his mpg. If healthy could see it divided as Cousins 24mpg, McGee 20mpg and 4 mpg of smallball variations.

Lakers season relies on the willingness and effort on defense. Getting stops against the elite perimeter players early overshadows any spacing issues that Cousins addresses IMO.

Maybe Cousins surprises me with better mobility and effort on defense then I am expecting. If that is the case I will change my opinion. Need to see it first though.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

Yeah I prefer to see the tone set on D from the outset as well. AD is a solid outside threat and that will open up cutting lanes for McGee. The one concern I have with starting those two is that it makes it more challenging to have one of them on the floor at all times. I don't think a Cousins-Kuzma pairing will cut it on D. I agree that Cousins will need to show more versatility on D before we start him.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Yeah I prefer to see the tone set on D from the outset as well. AD is a solid outside threat and that will open up cutting lanes for McGee. The one concern I have with starting those two is that it makes it more challenging to have one of them on the floor at all times. I don't think a Cousins-Kuzma pairing will cut it on D. I agree that Cousins will need to show more versatility on D before we start him.

Vogel definitely should give McGee a long look at starting
I also dont think there is a need to make try to make sure Mcgee or AD is always on the floor. Im actually most interested in seeing Cousins lead a bench unit. That allows him to get his touches as the #1 option on the floor and abuse weaker lineups.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

I guessing Cousins will start over McGee, but it's a good problem to have. Between the two hopefully load management at the C spot won't be an issue.

This looks like a decent starting lineup

Bradley
Green
LBJ
AD
Cousins
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
gng930 wrote:

I also dont think there is a need to make try to make sure Mcgee or AD is always on the floor. Im actually most interested in seeing Cousins lead a bench unit. That allows him to get his touches as the #1 option on the floor and abuse weaker lineups.

That would depend on whether Vogel is a D first or O first type coach, no?
I believe he has a good reputation of having his teams play solid D. But would this team play along?

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
defense wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
Welcome back, big fella!

Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

And should be said after getting Cousins
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
gng930 wrote:

I believe he has a good reputation of having his teams play solid D. But would this team play along?

It all depends on match-ups. I wouldn't mind seeing Boogie start vs. Denver and Philly so he can body up those opposing bigs.

Cool thing about our 2 C's McGee/Cousins, I don't think it matters to them either way. Javale was Zubac's biggest fan while on the bench. Javale's a pro & will have a great year imo. Starting w/ Lebron/AD, Javale running baseline for lobs are open all day because Lebron/AD can't be guarded 1v1.

Defenses double Lebron/AD - and JM gets lob dunks all day.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
gng930 wrote:

I can easily see the offense looking more smoothly with Mcgee at times. Yes Mcgee is much more limited but he knows his limitations and will focus on off ball stuff on offense.... rim running, screens, offensive putbacks.
With Cousins defenses may gladly let him space out and shoot 3s if he's hitting in the low 30s on them. And then him trying to call his own number will be taking touches away from much more efficient players Lebron and AD.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject:

Coupled w/ DMC's injury, JaVale will have a ton of responsibilities and added pressure on him this season.

Fortunately, being teamed with the best one-two combination in the world should relieve some of the pressure and allow JM to excel at his game and what he does best.

IMO, this upcoming season, I fully expect JMcGee's to have the best season of his career.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

Would Javale be considered a borderline all-star level player if he were able to maintain his level of production for 36 minutes per game? Not that he can, just curious about how productive he is when he’s on the floor.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Would Javale be considered a borderline all-star level player if he were able to maintain his level of production for 36 minutes per game? Not that he can, just curious about how productive he is when he’s on the floor.

On a per-minute basis, Javale was #6 among centers in the west in scoring and #10 in rebounding.

So he's a solid player, but nowhere close to being an all-star no matter what measure you use.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

On a per-minute basis, Javale was #6 among centers in the west in scoring and #10 in rebounding.

So he's a solid player, but nowhere close to being an all-star no matter what measure you use.
. That's exactly what we need JaVale to be: SOLID
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

JaVale go shoot 3s!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

. That's exactly what we need JaVale to be: SOLID

For real. He’s great for this squad
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

Most Interesting Lakers No. 8:

JaVale McGee is shouldering an unexpectedly large load at center

Quote:
JaVale McGee is suddenly supremely important to the Lakers’ this season. How he rises to the occasion could make or break the team’s year.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/8/28/20808140/most-interesting-lakers-8-javale-mcgee-starting-center-minutes-load-demarcus-cousins-acl-injury
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Cant wait for him to unleash the 3 ball.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Cant wait for him to unleash the 3 ball.

Good luck with that!

JaVale was 1 - 12 from deep last season. He is 2 - 27 for his career (7.4%).
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

If McGee and Dwight are healthy I think they can both combine for 25 PPG/22 RPG/4 BPG on close to 60% TS.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

"I really did get hit in my knee, but I sucked it up like the real man I am"

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1184984406890467328

If anyone missed the play they were talking about it was this one:

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1184713678655873026
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
If McGee and Dwight are healthy I think they can both combine for 25 PPG/22 RPG/4 BPG on close to 60% TS.

If we get that kind of production we are a 60 win team easily.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
"I really did get hit in my knee, but I sucked it up like the real man I am"

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1184984406890467328

If anyone missed the play they were talking about it was this one:

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1184713678655873026

"Forget the pain, I'm gonna go get these buckets."

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1184990993067560961
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

*Avery Bradley believes JaVale McGee is playing at a First-Team All-Defense level

https://clutchpoints.com/avery-bradley-believes-javale-mcgee-is-playing-at-a-first-team-all-defense-level/

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/10/21/20925588/lakers-news-avery-bradley-javale-mcgee-all-defensive-first-team
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 35 of 44
Jump to: