Sign DeMarcus Cousins? (Nope. Golden State for 1 yr, $5.3 million. For the love of god. pg 27)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Cousins is interested in the team with the most cap space as he recovers from a major possible career altering injury? Well that is a shocker.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Got this from Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/8u4zrk/shelburne_theres_a_growing_belief_around_the/

Cousins doesn’t excite me as a 3rd wheel and I much rather get someone who is durable and can contribute.

Posted the same thing in the FA thread...
I dont know if that's news.
Boogie has wanted to be on the Lakers for a while.

Klay's dad mentioned a few times on espn 710 that Boogie told him personally that he'd like to join the Lakers. The question is: Do the Lakers want Boogie?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkX6r1JhmKp/?hl=en&taken-by=boogiecousins

Seems to be making progress. At least he's getting up 3 pointers.

Mychal Thompson has his own identity other than being “Klay’s dad”

Do I care?
I didnt want to look up how to spell Mychal.

Not saying u need to care. Just surprising since he was a Laker player and a champion.

Now, he’s simply “Klay’s dad” to some Laker fans.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Boogie 21.5 PPG 11 RPG 3 APG 1.4 STL 1.2 BLK
Kawhi 16.3 PPG 6 RPG 2 APG 1.8 STL 0.7 BLK

Both players injured for a year...

Boogie... 67 Games per season 4X All Star
Kawhi... 58 Games per season 2X All Star

Kawhi... trade half the core and draft picks... give him a max.
Boogie... don't sign him for free at a discount.

The double standard strikes again.

I get that Boogie's injury is probably more serious... I get that Kawhi is in better shape... but once again the difference in what people will give for two injured players... is astonishing to me.

Call Boogie a headache... but I don't remember him completely quitting on his team before...

Also Kawhi is infinitely better at basketball. You left that out.

Agree... Kawhi is better at everything except rebounding... scoring... playmaking and blocking shots... I will grant you that.

If you're into low efficiency chucking big men who play no defense and whose teams are better when he's out injured, I mean, ya, he's your guy. You must be a Carlos Boozer and Zach Randolph fan as well.

I didn't even realize, he averaged 5 turnovers per game!! Great playmaking...for the other team.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Cousins was bad against the pick n roll when healthy, now off of a torn achilles would get played off the floor against the Warriors.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I get that Boogie's injury is probably more serious... I get that Kawhi is in better shape... but once again the difference in what people will give for two injured players... is astonishing to me.

Call Boogie a headache... but I don't remember him completely quitting on his team before...

Agree... Kawhi is better at everything except rebounding... scoring... playmaking and blocking shots... I will grant you that.

If you're into low efficiency chucking big men who play no defense and whose teams are better when he's out injured, I mean, ya, he's your guy. You must be a Carlos Boozer and Zach Randolph fan as well.

I didn't even realize, he averaged 5 turnovers per game!! Great playmaking...for the other team.

Zbo and Boozer? 2X All Stars just like Kawhi.

But all kidding aside... of course Kawhi is a better more efficient player... but if you read my post... I pointed out the difference in how Kawhi could cost up to 5 assets and a max contract... Boogie could be signed for a discount or show me contract.

It's the disproportionate valuation that I object to... and I think if we don't get Boogie or Dwight... one of our enemies might.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Kawhi can guard the best wing players on any team and has the potential to shut them down. I don't see Cousins locking up anyone despite his high block numbers. Cousins is better at scoring? You serious? Also, Cousins has a significantly lower WS total despite playing over 100 more games than Kawhi.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/ranking-the-nbas-top-10-centers/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2683750-nba-player-power-rankings-brs-top-30-centers-at-the-halfway-point#slide30

Last edited by Sentient Meat on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

The great thing is Cousin's has played in as many playoffs games as most on this board.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Cousins was barely winning games with the Dream Team. So even when he is surrounded with superior talent he still struggles to help his team win. He just kept getting exploited on defense by guys who weren’t even NBA players.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
epak wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Got this from Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/8u4zrk/shelburne_theres_a_growing_belief_around_the/

Cousins doesn’t excite me as a 3rd wheel and I much rather get someone who is durable and can contribute.

Posted the same thing in the FA thread...
I dont know if that's news.
Boogie has wanted to be on the Lakers for a while.

Klay's dad mentioned a few times on espn 710 that Boogie told him personally that he'd like to join the Lakers. The question is: Do the Lakers want Boogie?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkX6r1JhmKp/?hl=en&taken-by=boogiecousins

Seems to be making progress. At least he's getting up 3 pointers.

Mychal Thompson has his own identity other than being “Klay’s dad”

Do I care?
I didnt want to look up how to spell Mychal.

Not saying u need to care. Just surprising since he was a Laker player and a champion.

Now, he’s simply “Klay’s dad” to some Laker fans.

No, you're right.
Of course we know MT.
Champagne Nuts on twitter.
Seriously, I just forget how to spell his name, different version of Michael.
So it was easier to just type Klay's dad.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

To balance my hatred for Cousins, he's no Joe Fulks. This man is my hero.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/f/fulksjo01.html
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I think Kawhi quitting on his team is horrifying, but he does have a championship and was the best player on a couple of 60+ win teams so when both players are healthy I’d take him without hesitation. He is an elite defender. Cousins is horrible defensively. That alone makes the gap between them very significant.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Apparently all the voters that voted him 2nd team ALL NBA were just rewarding him for his sunny disposition then.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Trade Deng
Let randle walk
Sign cousins with remaining capspace
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I think Kawhi quitting on his team is horrifying, but he does have a championship and was the best player on a couple of 60+ win teams so when both players are healthy I’d take him without hesitation. He is an elite defender. Cousins is horrible defensively. That alone makes the gap between them very significant.

Kawhi's a better defender but did you know that their DBPM is about the same the last three years?

Remember we aren't talking about two players at the same price... we are talking about giving up up to five assets and max contract for one... and signing the other for one year at 20 million or less.

Is Kawhi worth 5 assets and 7 times the salary commitment?

That is where I'm not so sure.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2683750-nba-player-power-rankings-brs-top-30-centers-at-the-halfway-point#slide30

I appreciate your effort in finding sources. The first link has Rudy Gobert ranked at #8 behind Hassan Whiteside. Not sure that I'd be proud to use that as evidence to support my argument.

Furthermore, I would question anyone's sanity who chose Cousins over Gobert.

The center position is weak, though. If you're into empty stats, Cousins is your guy. I prefer winning, which requires defense (especially from big men) and not shooting a terrible percentage while turning it over at a disgusting rate.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I appreciate your effort in finding sources. The first link has Rudy Gobert ranked at #8 behind Hassan Whiteside. Not sure that I'd be proud to use that as evidence to support my argument.

The center position is weak, though. If you're into empty stats, Cousins is your guy. I prefer winning, which requires defense (especially from big men) and not shooting a terrible percentage while turning it over at a disgusting rate.

Again... I'm perfectly willing to concede that Kawhi is better than Cousins when they are both healthy... my point is that the valuations here are way out of whack.

If you think he's worth 5 assets more and 7 times the salary... that is your right... I think he's worth more... but not nearly so big a gap.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

I want julius
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Again... I'm perfectly willing to concede that Kawhi is better than Cousins when they are both healthy... my point is that the valuations here are way out of whack.

If you think he's worth 5 assets more and 7 times the salary... that is your right... I think he's worth more... but not nearly so big a gap.

I just hate Cousins and will relentlessly spread my anti-Cousins message. I'd prefer signing Lebron and PG13. I don't want to sell the farm for Kawhi. But under no circumstances do I want Cousins.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I just hate Cousins and will relentlessly spread my anti-Cousins message. I'd prefer signing Lebron and PG13. I don't want to sell the farm for Kawhi. But under no circumstances do I want Cousins.

Fair enough... I'm just trying to add some balance to the debate.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Fair enough... I'm just trying to add some balance to the debate.

There's only one side!! The never-Cousins side!!
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
also would not be surprised if Lebron would have zero interest in playing with Cousins

I think this is contrary. The Cavs wanted to trade for Cousins when he was available. Lebron and a healthy Cousins would be unstoppable. After the Achilles Cousins is too risky.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
We sign Cousins if we want to destroy the team chemistry completely.

Did he do that with the Pelicans?
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Ugh, Magic please stay the hell away from Cousins
KingGioV21
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Cousins was barely winning games with the Dream Team. So even when he is surrounded with superior talent he still struggles to help his team win. He just kept getting exploited on defense by guys who weren’t even NBA players.

Lol! Please don’t ever call any of those teams outside the original team the “Dream Team”
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 4 of 31
Jump to: