Official Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk Thread (Traded to Michigan)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

Lakers need to start understanding the importance of player development. Say you get your 2nd max player next summer whoever it is .. KD, Kawhi whatever. Itll be imperative to have dirt cheap shooters like Svi around LeBron and the other max.

Its really not speculation anymore by LeBron’s 16th season everybody should know what LeBron needs around him. A true 2nd scoring option and a bunch of shooters.
They need to stop with this Lance & Beasley bullsht and play Svi more. Theres no reason why you cant get a competent 40% shooter out of this guy. I wont even proceed to listing his college numbers.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

He's coming around. 32% overall, but 35% from threes. That 35% is not bad considering the hole he dug. Now, he can work his way towards 40%.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Lakers need to start understanding the importance of player development. Say you get your 2nd max player next summer whoever it is .. KD, Kawhi whatever. Itll be imperative to have dirt cheap shooters like Svi around LeBron and the other max.

Its really not speculation anymore by LeBron’s 16th season everybody should know what LeBron needs around him. A true 2nd scoring option and a bunch of shooters.
They need to stop with this Lance & Beasley bullsht and play Svi more. Theres no reason why you cant get a competent 40% shooter out of this guy. I wont even proceed to listing his college numbers.

exactly been saying this from the beginning. We are giving too much way into players who are not even returning next year at the expense of our younger players who need to soak up as much experience as possible for next year.
another example is Hart... He's playing good and will be a key role player for our championship run. But he is only playing 24mpg because we are trying to appease KCP who wont even be here next year. Another 6-8 minutes of in game run can mean a noticeable difference in how big a jump he can make in his 3rd year.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
LKA wrote:

exactly been saying this from the beginning. We are giving too much way into players who are not even returning next year at the expense of our younger players who need to soak up as much experience as possible for next year.
another example is Hart... He's playing good and will be a key role player for our championship run. But he is only playing 24mpg because we are trying to appease KCP who wont even be here next year. Another 6-8 minutes of in game run can mean a noticeable difference in how big a jump he can make in his 3rd year.

the fo and coaches need to consider lbj win-now priorities and long term priorities
his shot may be coming around but not sure how his defense is compared to others
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
He's coming around. 32% overall, but 35% from threes. That 35% is not bad considering the hole he dug. Now, he can work his way towards 40%.

If he went 4 of 4 one night he'd be a 42% shooter from 3 pts.

It was ridiculously early for people to write him off.

He shot better than Buddy over their four years in college.

It's only a matter of time before we have a good rotation shooter.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

He's going to be so good for us. So good at hunting 3's, this kid will be quite the volume shooter. Very Korver-esque.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

I don’t think I’ve read anybody on here write him off or disagree with the idea that he’ll eventually be a rotation caliber shooter.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

I don’t think I’ve read anybody on here write him off or disagree with the idea that he’ll eventually be a rotation caliber shooter.

It's been way more positive than the Ingram thread... but look back a few pages and you'll see a lot of bad hot takes.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

Lakers have invested a ton of money into player development programs, facilities, and trainers. It's up to the HC to develop his players and I'm still shocked we don't have a dedicated shooting coach.

But in terms of development I think Luke is right on schedule with the rookies. We have what 10 new players to integrate on defense, transition and now getting the half court offense up. We've had injuries and suspensions to weather.

Rookies earning PT at the 20 to 25 game mark after giving vets a chance to keep them on the bench is the right approach.

Lance Failed
Beasley Failed
Rondo Succeeded
Tyson Succeeded
KCP Failed as a starter and has been trending upward as a 2 but JHart has outplayed him.

Svi is now getting his chance and after a 1 for 7 intro has been improving to the point where the FO feels they can explore honoring KCPs request to move if the trade works for us.

We're 16-10 and really should be 18-8 or 19-7 if we were perfect and won 2 more against SA and didn't let the game against Orlando at home slip.

Based upon our roster and him being a 2nd round rookie...Svi is being developed along the correct timeline given how shakey he's been in early stints.

#BannersOverBillboards
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

It's been way more positive than the Ingram thread... but look back a few pages and you'll see a lot of bad hot takes.

You’re right. There’s a lot of unwarranted criticism in previous pages that I missed. I’m excited to see him next year.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

You’re right. There’s a lot of unwarranted criticism in previous pages that I missed. I’m excited to see him next year.

Glad we agree on Svi
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

Yes. (I do not like Lance's game.)
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
LKA wrote:

Lakers have invested a ton of money into player development programs, facilities, and trainers. It's up to the HC to develop his players and I'm still shocked we don't have a dedicated shooting coach.

But in terms of development I think Luke is right on schedule with the rookies. We have what 10 new players to integrate on defense, transition and now getting the half court offense up. We've had injuries and suspensions to weather.

Rookies earning PT at the 20 to 25 game mark after giving vets a chance to keep them on the bench is the right approach.

Lance Failed
Beasley Failed
Rondo Succeeded
Tyson Succeeded
KCP Failed as a starter and has been trending upward as a 2 but JHart has outplayed him.

Svi is now getting his chance and after a 1 for 7 intro has been improving to the point where the FO feels they can explore honoring KCPs request to move if the trade works for us.

We're 16-10 and really should be 18-8 or 19-7 if we were perfect and won 2 more against SA and didn't let the game against Orlando at home slip.

Based upon our roster and him being a 2nd round rookie...Svi is being developed along the correct timeline given how shakey he's been in early stints.

With Svi, Hart and Kuz the Lakers may have enough shooters on good days, but getting 1 more deadeye (not unlike Ariza in his prime) would be helpful.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

Pump the brakes a little bit. He has 33 3pt attempts. A small amount of misses or makes will shift his % considerably. We are working with a very small sample size here.

I do like the fact that he has thrown the defense off guard a little bit and taken the ball to the hole. He is able to find the open man on a couple of occasions too.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

would not be surprised to see a svi/hart backcourt play big minutes in the not too distant future. it’s akin to the korver/ jr smith backcourt the cavs used to run with lebron love and tristan in the frontcourt.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject:

I admit I wear glasses, but I see no reason for this guy to be on the floor of any NBA game, he some be racking huge minutes in the G league!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Svi seems like he's getting his timing up to NBA speed which is important, he still needs to get those minutes though. If KCP is moved, those minutes should go to Svi.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

My fourth favorite Laker.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

He has such a beautiful shot. He is going to be a good player.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Svi to me just looks like a legit NBA player
Like it doesn't seem like the game is too fast for him or anything like that
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Along with Hart, Svi has the potential to be that deadeye 3-point shooter we need to eventually win the world championship.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
32 wrote:

Along with Hart, Svi has the potential to be that deadeye 3-point shooter we need to eventually win the world championship.

Definitely.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Svi to me just looks like a legit NBA player
Like it doesn't seem like the game is too fast for him or anything like that

I think it was going too fast to start the season but he is acclimating pretty well. It takes time but you can see the talent.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

He's getting comfortable. The shot looks nice. He's also making plays off the dribble.
Peppe89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Great and confident game tonight without fair as always.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 68 of 79
Jump to: