Official Isaac Bonga Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

There needs to be even more Bonga hype.

https://twitter.com/nbagleague/status/1069071211030896640
_________________
Banana Head


Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
There needs to be even more Bonga hype.


BONGA!!! Coming soon to a stadium near you ... next season. Possibly the season after. Maybe not at all ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
There needs to be even more Bonga hype.


BONGA!!! Coming soon to a stadium near you ... next season. Possibly the season after. Maybe not at all ...

cut Lance, play Bonga
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 916

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Despite his stats he played so-so. Some sloppy passes and out of control drives. Took it to the hole a lot tonight.

Though the sample is small he has shown a true jump shot in mid-range with nice touch.

Just needs more experience to clean up his game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 13362

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Should assign Bonga back with the Lakers and play him at PF with Rondo out for another week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Despite his stats he played so-so. Some sloppy passes and out of control drives. Took it to the hole a lot tonight.

Though the sample is small he has shown a true jump shot in mid-range with nice touch.

Just needs more experience to clean up his game.

Did he compensate some with his defense?
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 916

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Despite his stats he played so-so. Some sloppy passes and out of control drives. Took it to the hole a lot tonight.

Though the sample is small he has shown a true jump shot in mid-range with nice touch.

Just needs more experience to clean up his game.

Did he compensate some with his defense?


Yes the effort is there and he seems to make good reads in helping teammates.

I can probably best describe what I see in that he reminds me of Lonzo lite. Not just tonight but of the 12-15 quarters I have watched this season.

Just for info although he played more PG on offense (split some with Caruso) like Lonzo he gives up the ball fairly quickly once pass half court. On defense he guarded a forward (Yuta Watanabe).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 18776
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Lamar Bonga or Isaac Odom.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Jan 2016
Posts: 483
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Didn’t play as well as the box score would leave you to believe. Reverted back to SL Bonga as far as the turnovers go. The shot was falling though and had a nice block at the rim.

Played a lot of PG with Machado and Berry playing for qualifying teams for Brazil and US respectively. I think we only played 8 guys tonight.
_________________
We pour this booze and we drink this booze because we think it's yummy. YUMMY! So over the tounge and down the throat to party in our tummys.
DOWN THE HOLA BITC*OLA!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 916

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
Didn’t play as well as the box score would leave you to believe. Reverted back to SL Bonga as far as the turnovers go. The shot was falling though and had a nice block at the rim.

Played a lot of PG with Machado and Berry playing for qualifying teams for Brazil and US respectively. I think we only played 8 guys tonight.


But I did not see one travel although a number of his teammates were called for this violation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
Didn’t play as well as the box score would leave you to believe. Reverted back to SL Bonga as far as the turnovers go. The shot was falling though and had a nice block at the rim.

Played a lot of PG with Machado and Berry playing for qualifying teams for Brazil and US respectively. I think we only played 8 guys tonight.

If that performance is him not playing that well, I'm oddly more excited.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 534

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:

He's coming along nicely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24801

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/1067557501904637952

He's not your Bonga. He's our Bonga!
Bring it, IB! Nice initials
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 32952

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

*EuroHoops:

Isaac Bonga leads South Bay Lakers to tough win

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/786081/isaac-bonga-leads-south-bay-lakers-to-tough-win/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 11048
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Lots of work ahead still for Bonga but he's on the right track...
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2002
Posts: 1277

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/1067557501904637952

He's not your Bonga. He's our Bonga!
Bring it, IB! Nice initials


Isaac "In Before Lock" Bonga - Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 95795
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

If BI is out for some time, let's release the Bonga. Get him some minutes.

I think SVI needs more time to acclimate to the NBA's speed/athleticism via the GLeague.

I thought he was 2 years from being 2 years away at SPL.

He's someone erased 2 years and is just 2 years away now. Get him some time.
_________________
Let’s bring Ariza home!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1614

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If BI is out for some time, let's release the Bonga. Get him some minutes.

I think SVI needs more time to acclimate to the NBA's speed/athleticism via the GLeague.

I thought he was 2 years from being 2 years away at SPL.

He's someone erased 2 years and is just 2 years away now. Get him some time.


Not Yet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9767

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Lamar Bonga or Isaac Odom.


BongOdom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

LG: our boy got called up!

https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/1070739679186628608
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22990

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

Pick it, pack it, fire it up, come along
And take a hit from the Bonga!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22990

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

Come on, shake your body baby, do the Bonga
I know you can't control yourself any longer
Feel the rhythm of the music getting stronger
Don't you fight it 'til you tried it, do that Bonga beat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mr.81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Posts: 175

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

Bonga Time!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24801

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LG: our boy got called up!

https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/1070739679186628608


Good stuff.
I doubt he gets playing time unless it's garbage time though.
Hopefully it's the Lakers blowing out the Spurs and Bongo dunks over DD.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22990

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LG: our boy got called up!

https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/1070739679186628608


Good stuff.
I doubt he gets playing time unless it's garbage time though.
Hopefully it's the Lakers blowing out the Spurs and Bongo dunks over DD.


I think he might get some burn over Svi who has done nothing with his time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 46 of 49
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB