Official Isaac Bonga Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
12 - 9 - 5 COWABONGA!!!

Bongasaurus
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

3-4 years of watching Lebron, Rondo, Zo, BI, Kuz first hand might really do wonders for this kid. Might be another Jesse and Ryan special.

Also, seeing a 6’9” dude with a high fade and dark skin tone out there makes you wish it was Jules doesn’t it?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
3-4 years of watching Lebron, Rondo, Zo, BI, Kuz first hand might really do wonders for this kid. Might be another Jesse and Ryan special.

Also, seeing a 6’9” dude with a high fade and dark skin tone out there makes you wish it was Jules doesn’t it?

umm, not even close man lol. It's like Yao and Wang Zhi zhi, similar but way off
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Palin wrote:
Hes more like more athletic Kyle Anderson.

That's a nice comp.

Boris Diaw.

We can only hope.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Bonga = LAMAR ODOM
He reminded me of LO since day one. I also noticed that he really utilized his length to bother shots last night. He is an aggressive defender! He was being utilized at point guard last night and he really got to show his skills. He handles the ball pretty damn well for being 6-9. Kid has a promising future, just on his defensive potential alone...
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

Worse case= Boris Diaw

Best case= who knows
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

The next Lebron
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

Worst Case = MCW
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
The next Shaun Livingston?

Yup that was my comp

I see it.

Young Shaun or old? Pre knee injury Livingston was a very special player.

Def Warriors Livingston

No.Warriors Livingston has bulked up and plays more as a SF than G. Rarely shoots from 3 and is more of a 15 ft and in player offensively. He is unable to guard either PG or SG.

Newsflash, Bonga’s jumper is super broken, despite FT %. And he will have great versatility positionally on D. They may be different in whatever way, but idk if you’ll find a closer comparison.

His jumper is not broken. I had this same convo with Mike and I showed him the videos from this summer. His form has been modified. He just needs to get game action to be consistent with it. Similar to BI's situation.

Btw from Mini Mambs comment he is projecting for the future. He is still 18. You don't feel he will improve as a shooter?

idk if he will improve but to assume he improved his jumper to a solid degree, in one summer here is awfully optimistic. Guys work on their shots all summer, have the forms looking better, get in a game, and still can't be average shooters. for any bad shooter, this is the case. I don't buy a guy has fixed his jumper unless it looks pristine form wise in practice, and he hits 10 in a row in a workout vid...I'd love to see Bonga's jumper looking better in a practice video if you can link it. Cuz it still looks ugly in games. It looked high school-ish from his overseas videos -- to assume it's solid now after a few months is unrealistic.His jumper is broke and has a ways to go.
Can it get there - yea. But I'd also like if the Lakers could hire a shooting coach. I don't think their shooting development has had more good cases than bad........

No I don't expect his jumper to be fixed in 1 summer same as BI has not become totally consistent with his in 2 summers and 1 season (btw BI is still inconsistent in his set position before his arms extend forward). However he has made changes but it will take time to develop.

The Gleauge will be great for his development. He should see extensive game action with little pressure to perform.

Here is a video from last month. Totally different than his Jr days in Germany.

Here is one from summer playing horse with I believe one of his trainers.

ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

G league will really help to build his confidence. Will be interesting to see he can become a potential backup for Zo, but I suspect he has a long ways to go before he can be contributor
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Lebron and Bonga are gonna do great things together. This must be the two superstar plan the FO was talking about...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Yup that was my comp

I see it.

Def Warriors Livingston

No.Warriors Livingston has bulked up and plays more as a SF than G. Rarely shoots from 3 and is more of a 15 ft and in player offensively. He is unable to guard either PG or SG.

Newsflash, Bonga’s jumper is super broken, despite FT %. And he will have great versatility positionally on D. They may be different in whatever way, but idk if you’ll find a closer comparison.

His jumper is not broken. I had this same convo with Mike and I showed him the videos from this summer. His form has been modified. He just needs to get game action to be consistent with it. Similar to BI's situation.

Btw from Mini Mambs comment he is projecting for the future. He is still 18. You don't feel he will improve as a shooter?

idk if he will improve but to assume he improved his jumper to a solid degree, in one summer here is awfully optimistic. Guys work on their shots all summer, have the forms looking better, get in a game, and still can't be average shooters. for any bad shooter, this is the case. I don't buy a guy has fixed his jumper unless it looks pristine form wise in practice, and he hits 10 in a row in a workout vid...I'd love to see Bonga's jumper looking better in a practice video if you can link it. Cuz it still looks ugly in games. It looked high school-ish from his overseas videos -- to assume it's solid now after a few months is unrealistic.His jumper is broke and has a ways to go.
Can it get there - yea. But I'd also like if the Lakers could hire a shooting coach. I don't think their shooting development has had more good cases than bad........

No I don't expect his jumper to be fixed in 1 summer same as BI has not become totally consistent with his in 2 summers and 1 season (btw BI is still inconsistent in his set position before his arms extend forward). However he has made changes but it will take time to develop.

The Gleauge will be great for his development. He should see extensive game action with little pressure to perform.

you can't really confidently say that's not broken.. missing every other midrange attempt..the 3pters are cut off after 1 in a row.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
G league will really help to build his confidence. Will be interesting to see he can become a potential backup for Zo, but I suspect he has a long ways to go before he can be contributor

This. High on Bonga but it will realistically take about 2 years for him to fully develop. But the talent is there.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Dude might end up being a steal. He has the same wing span as Ben Simmons.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Worse case= Boris Diaw

Best case= who knows

Oh no.. here we go. The overreaction is expected and equally ridiculous.

Worst* case + Boris Diaw?

Diaw was a key piece of a championship team and other contenders. It would be great even he could be that good.

I would be so pleased if he could hit that level.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Bonga = LAMAR ODOM

My thoughts exactly. Just has a smoothness to his game.

Guess im not the only 1 who saw a bit of LOs game in Bonga.
The size, ball handling.
I had a LO flashback when Bonga drive left and finished off the glass last night. (Thought not as smooth). Lol

He might turn out to be a steal in a couple years.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Dude might end up being a steal. He has the same wing span as Ben Simmons.

And Frank Ntilikina, Donavan Mitchell , Kent Bazemore , and 1” more than James Harden
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Worse case= Boris Diaw

Best case= who knows

Diaw was a key piece of a championship team and other contenders. It would be great even he could be that good.

There are those who believe that every Laker should be an all-star. There are also those who want to waive players that the Lakers clearly want to develop. Both types of individuals have posted quite a few comments in this thread.

--Anonymous
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Yup that was my comp

I see it.

Def Warriors Livingston

you can't really confidently say that's not broken.. missing every other midrange attempt..the 3pters are cut off after 1 in a row.

The emphasis I was trying to get across is he changed his form. Not sure what your expectations are in just 2-3 months.

Just because they are not going in does not mean it is broken. My definition of a broken shot is MKG of the Hornets.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

He definitely has some NBA skills which is nice to see.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Yup that was my comp

I see it.

Def Warriors Livingston

The emphasis I was trying to get across is he changed his form. Not sure what your expectations are in just 2-3 months.

Just because they are not going in does not mean it is broken. My definition of a broken shot is MKG of the Hornets.

My definition of broken is - would shoot around 30% and isn’t even very successful in an empty gym
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

I’m not ready to call him a steal yet but I’m starting to see what Jesse and Rob saw in him. I still think he’s a couple of years away from being a serviceable rotational player but at least it’s clearer now that this kid’s got some talent

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Worse case= Boris Diaw

Best case= who knows

Worst case probably is Sun Yue, i.e., out of the leage quickly.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
2019 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Worse case= Boris Diaw

Best case= who knows

Worst case probably is Sun Yue, i.e., out of the leage quickly.

Cmon man Sun yue couldn't even dribble past halfcourt without losing the ball.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Lebron and Bonga are gonna do great things together. This must be the two superstar plan the FO was talking about...

Dead 😵
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 32 of 53
Jump to: