2018 LA RAMS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 122, 123, 124  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Goff had Reynolds with a accurate pass. His passes have been high all night.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Damn that was obvious PI there...Oh well.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Doesnt matter now, but what happens if a DPI is called in the EZ with no time left?
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

McVay gonna give us the usual... "Time to look at ourselves critically. Opportunity to learn from this. Move forward". Yada yada. Nothing but lip service... No adjustments made.

He needs to quit being buddy buddy out there and start getting into some of these guys azzes for their pisspoor play. SMH

These guys are soft. 1st round exit. Ok, not technically if they get a bye... But same thing.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Rams are in trouble. The 4th quarter looked better for the Rams because the Eagles took off the pressure and were merely stopping them from making big yardage gains. They lose the tiebreaker against the Bears as well.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Doesnt matter now, but what happens if a DPI is called in the EZ with no time left?

The Rams would get to run another play from the one yard line.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Back to back embarrassments on SNF for the Rams...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
McVay gonna give us the usual... "Time to look at ourselves critically. Opportunity to learn from this. Move forward". Yada yada. Nothing but lip service... No adjustments made.

He needs to quit being buddy buddy out there and start getting into some of these guys azzes for their pisspoor play. SMH

These guys are soft. 1st round exit. Ok, not technically if they get a bye... But same thing.

I believe if the PI is before the clock runs out you get the ball on the 1 yard line with time on the clock.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Another embarrassments for the Rams.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

I believe if the PI is before the clock runs out you get the ball on the 1 yard line with time on the clock.

A game cannot end on a defensive penalty, regardless of the infraction. If time expires, they will play an untimed down.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject:

To his credit, McVay seemed to understand the sense of urgency that the team needs to have from here on out. They've not been the same offense since the bye week. Coming out of the bye, at Detroit, they were clearly rusty, but that's all I thought it was. Figured it was just post-bye rust and nothing to worry about. Then at Chicago, I just figured, OK, playing an elite defense in frigid weather, just turn the page. They'll come home and play an Eagles team with a ragtag group of DB's and they will put up a bunch of points. The fact that it took a late TD just to get to 23 points against a defense that banged up is worrisome for sure. Are the Rams just not a ready-for-primetime team? Are they Kirk Cousins in primetime? Have teams figured something out against the offense? I've started to hear more chatter that teams are no longer respecting the play-action passes that they run.

It would still be a surprise if they lost to Arizona or SF in the last 2 games, so there's that. Gotta get the bye and at least line it up to play the Bears in your place instead of theirs in the divisional round.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

If it makes you guys feel any better, probably doesn’t, but, Goff was the only QB to throw for 300+ yards on Sunday. Pretty crazy given what offenses are doing these days.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
jodeke wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

A game cannot end on a defensive penalty, regardless of the infraction. If time expires, they will play an untimed down.

True but if the infraction occurs in the end zone the ball will be placed on the 1 yard line.

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

There are three areas the Rams have declined in, the three most important in my opinion: quarterback, offensive line, and defensive line. Before, when Goff was hurried, it seemed he could still step into the pocket and hit his man. Now, if he doesn't get rid of the ball in about 2.5 seconds, the entire pocket collapses on him and he gets overwhelmed, forgetting which team he should be throwing to. I'd like to see how his time to throw has diminished over the season.

But other times, he just is missing his man. Earlier in the season, he way threading the needle with the best on them. Now, I wonder how often he could hit a stationary tire hanging on a rope at 30 feet. Fisher knows this guy well.

The defensive line has a superstar and a bunch of wannabes who can't ever seem to beat their man. Double Donald and you stop the rush. You take away Donald's sacks and the Rams only have more sacks than all but the idiot Raiders who traded their superstar.

Considering the Rams went all in for this season, this is a huge disappointment.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

Chargers will go further than the Rams in this playoffs without any doubt. Chargers have better defense, knows how to win in cold and hostile environment, a tough (both physically and mentally) and title-hungry QB in Rivers, and depth, Melvin Gordon went down they never skipped a beat. this is coming from a die hard Raider fan. When those two teams came to LA, i kind of picked Rams as my de facto hometown team to root for besides Raiders, but the more i watch the Chargers the more i like their chances and i'm kind of rooting for them deep, way deep down inside of my silver and black heart LOL.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

Nobody believed in the Chargers and you kinda need that me against the world mentality in the playoffs. They have shown they can win anywhere. Rams had it easy early in the season, but now they are facing the same obstacles in previous seasons....can you trust Jared Goff in the playoffs and when he's getting pressure will he make the right decision? Todd Gurley is also getting nothing in the last 2 games and you kinda need a multifaceted offense in the playoffs. Will our defense show up like they did early in the season?
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Goff is faltering under pressure. He is playing like the worst QB in the league since the KC game. Opposing teams are giving their 110% effort and the Rams haven't responded.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
Goff is faltering under pressure. He is playing like the worst QB in the league since the KC game. Opposing teams are giving their 110% effort and the Rams haven't responded.

the rest of league smell blood now, they know Goff folds like a tent under pressure. it'll entice them to put more pressure on Goff from here on out. i never believe big names in secondary, the money shelled out for Tarik and Peters should've gone to improving OL depth.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

The Bears have great team defense....unfortunately for the Rams, it might be too late to build that type of chemistry in December.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

unfortunately all the bad LA sport cliches apply to this Ram team:

soft
flashy offense (well that even gone out of window now) and no defense
QB with pretty boy image lacks mental toughness
does not have home field advantage even playing in LA due to fair weather fans

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Things aren't looking good right now. The team has hit the wall. Hopefully they can lock down a bye for the first round and those two weeks off could help.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject:

The Saints haven't looked good on offense over the past 3 games either, though those were all on the road. The Rams need a get-right performance at Arizona coming up.

As for the idea that the Chargers will go further than the Rams in the playoffs, I mean, sure, that's a possibility. However, the Chargers may end up as the #5 seed, and they could have a wild card game at Pittsburgh or New England. No matter how well the Chargers are playing, that's still going to be a tough task. I mean, would they really beat the Steelers twice in Pittsburgh if that's how it played out?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject:

Rams, Saints, Chiefs and Patriots are not playing their best football now. Some of those teams are playing their worst football. But the playoffs aren’t starting yet so there is a little bit of time to figure things out. But the Rams really need that first round bye.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Mason just said on Mason & Ireland that Pharoh Cooper has been waived by the Rams.

Confirmed by LA Rams Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1075133180024303616
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Mason just said on Mason & Ireland that Pharoh Cooper has been waived by the Rams.

Confirmed by LA Rams Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1075133180024303616

Pro Bowl returner last season but, despite that critical fumble, I still believe Natson is the better returner right now.

Pharoh may just need more time to let that ankle heal. He never did look anything like he did last season since he returned from injury.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 55 of 124
Jump to: