2018 LA RAMS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 122, 123, 124  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

The line came out yesterday as Rams favored by 1 or 1.5. It has already been bet to Patriots favored by 2.5. Major early money on New England.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The line came out yesterday as Rams favored by 1 or 1.5. It has already been bet to Patriots favored by 2.5. Major early money on New England.

Probably a good thing. The Patriots were motivated in the last game by being underdogs which was something they weren’t used to.

And at least the Rams aren’t 10.5 point underdogs like they were in the 1980 Super Bowl (and that was in Pasadena and they were still huge underdogs!) against the Steelers.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/21/14-year-old-sean-mcvay-watched-rams-win-super-bowl-in-atlanta/

Quote:
14-year-old Sean McVay watched Rams win Super Bowl in Atlanta

In early 2000, a then-14-year-old Sean McVay attended Super Bowl XXXIV. In his hometown of Atlanta. Involving the then-St. Louis Rams, which won the only Lombardi Trophy in franchise history.

Nineteen years later, a soon-to-be-33-year-old McVay will return to Atlanta as coach of the now-L.A. Rams, with Super Bowl LIII on the line.

“I was so young at the time, but I remember it was a great game,” McVay told reporters on Monday. “I remember, for whatever reason, I really always respected both the offenses. I thought [Titans running back] Eddie George was outstanding. [Titans quarterback] Steve McNair’s ability to create off-schedule. [Titans defensive end] Jevon Kearse, that was his rookie year where he was having a lot of success.

“Then, you look offensively at [Rams quarterback] Kurt Warner and how prolific he was. I can still remember [Rams receiver] Torry Holt catching that slant. [Rams receiver] Isaac Bruce making big plays. [Rams running back] Marshall [Faulk’s] versatility. Just a fan of the game and watching that.

“I’ll tell you what’s so unique, is you get a chance to be in this role and the exposure that it gets you to people that you have so much respect for. Coach [Dick] Vermeil is a guy that, he texts you after all the games and he’s been so supportive. Watching the way that he connected with those guys and wasn’t afraid to say, ‘I love you’, to these guys. I think those players could feel how much he really cared about them and how much he was invested. You talk about some of the adversity that that team, specifically being our organization, faced early on in the year when no one gave him a chance, but they kept believing. Kurt Warner went on to have such a great season. I also remember it was very icy then, so it was a real problem for us to get there, but it was a great game. My grandpa got us tickets and that was a good birthday present for me.”

So McVay and his legendary memory can rattle off everything that happened in the game that the Rams won when Titans receiver Kevin Dyson was tackled just short of the end zone, right?

“No. No, definitely not,” McVay said, laughing.

Nineteen years from now, chances are that Sean McVay will be able to rattle off everything that will happen in 13 days, when he returns to the new Atlanta stadium built close to the site of the stadium that hosted Super Bowl XXIV.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

Looking back on that game that fake punt on there on 30 yard line down 13-0 could have been a disaster. If it failed they could have been down 20-0 easily. I still can't believe it.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Looking back on that game that fake punt on there on 30 yard line down 13-0 could have been a disaster. If it failed they could have been down 20-0 easily. I still can't believe it.

I completely forgot about that. Loved that play call.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/21/14-year-old-sean-mcvay-watched-rams-win-super-bowl-in-atlanta/

Quote:
14-year-old Sean McVay watched Rams win Super Bowl in Atlanta

In early 2000, a then-14-year-old Sean McVay attended Super Bowl XXXIV. In his hometown of Atlanta. Involving the then-St. Louis Rams, which won the only Lombardi Trophy in franchise history.

Nineteen years later, a soon-to-be-33-year-old McVay will return to Atlanta as coach of the now-L.A. Rams, with Super Bowl LIII on the line.

“I was so young at the time, but I remember it was a great game,” McVay told reporters on Monday. “I remember, for whatever reason, I really always respected both the offenses. I thought [Titans running back] Eddie George was outstanding. [Titans quarterback] Steve McNair’s ability to create off-schedule. [Titans defensive end] Jevon Kearse, that was his rookie year where he was having a lot of success.

“Then, you look offensively at [Rams quarterback] Kurt Warner and how prolific he was. I can still remember [Rams receiver] Torry Holt catching that slant. [Rams receiver] Isaac Bruce making big plays. [Rams running back] Marshall [Faulk’s] versatility. Just a fan of the game and watching that.

“I’ll tell you what’s so unique, is you get a chance to be in this role and the exposure that it gets you to people that you have so much respect for. Coach [Dick] Vermeil is a guy that, he texts you after all the games and he’s been so supportive. Watching the way that he connected with those guys and wasn’t afraid to say, ‘I love you’, to these guys. I think those players could feel how much he really cared about them and how much he was invested. You talk about some of the adversity that that team, specifically being our organization, faced early on in the year when no one gave him a chance, but they kept believing. Kurt Warner went on to have such a great season. I also remember it was very icy then, so it was a real problem for us to get there, but it was a great game. My grandpa got us tickets and that was a good birthday present for me.”

So McVay and his legendary memory can rattle off everything that happened in the game that the Rams won when Titans receiver Kevin Dyson was tackled just short of the end zone, right?

“No. No, definitely not,” McVay said, laughing.

Nineteen years from now, chances are that Sean McVay will be able to rattle off everything that will happen in 13 days, when he returns to the new Atlanta stadium built close to the site of the stadium that hosted Super Bowl XXIV.

Sean McVay was playing high school football around the time Tom Brady was winning Super Bowls.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
32 wrote:

love that pay as well, it looked like Hekker was throwing in slow motion, really took his time and delivered an on point pass. Saint defender took a bad angle, otherwise Rams receiver would've been tackled short of first down.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Check this out. The refs missed 2 plays where the clock was on zero before they snapped the ball. I saw these during the game. I was yelling at the tv. Good photo shots. Should these be reviewable too?

https://twitter.com/JB_Long/status/1087562363627220992
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Check this out. The refs missed 2 plays where the clock was on zero before they snapped the ball. I saw these during the game. I was yelling at the tv. Good photo shots. Should these be reviewable too?

https://twitter.com/JB_Long/status/1087562363627220992

The way that penalty is called, the ref has to look at the ball, see it has not been snapped, look at the clock, see it is at zero, then look back at the ball and confirm it has still not been snapped.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
32 wrote:

love that pay as well, it looked like Hekker was throwing in slow motion, really took his time and delivered an on point pass. Saint defender took a bad angle, otherwise Rams receiver would've been tackled short of first down.

I don't know how I know, but when I saw that "punt", I saw Hekker just had an expression or body language pose that made it look like he was going to do that pass.

Hopefully NE doesn't catch on to that.

Cause I think McVay will try it once in the SB.

Bye.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Rams will hold their practices during Super Bowl week at the Falcons' facility in Flowery Branch.

Quote:
Falcons have both indoor and outdoor practice fields.

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1087859708927660036
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
The Rams will hold their practices during Super Bowl week at the Falcons' facility in Flowery Branch.

Quote:
Falcons have both indoor and outdoor practice fields.

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1087859708927660036

They should hire a forensics team to go through the facility, and make sure there aren't any hidden cameras.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Late to the party, a bad call finally goes in favor of my team. There's A LOT of major salt coming from Saints fans.

-The Saints scored in their first 3 possessions (FG, FG, TD). They were up 13-0

-The Saints left points on the board by failing to score a TD in their first 3 possessions (TD pass dropped in the end zone). Going up 21-0 in the first quarter can demoralize any team, except maybe the Pats , see 28-3 vs ATL.

-The refs missed calls for the Rams too like the face mask that would have made it 1st and goal at the 1 yard line - and the Rams go up by 4pts. If Rams are up by 4pts instead of tied with a FG, the Saints gameplan on offense would be pretty different as they would need a TD to win. A FG does nothing.

-The Saints threw a quick slant (incomplete) to M. Thomas under 2 minutes instead of running the ball 3 times and forcing the Rams to burn all 3 timeouts and have to score again with about a minute remaining.

-The Saints won the coin toss in OT

-The refs gave the Saints a make-up call with the P.I. on #26

-Drew Brees throws an INT in OT

-Zuerlein has to make a high-pressure 48 yard field goal to send the game to OT, then has an even bigger 57 yard field goal in OT to win the game.

The Rams fought hard with how the cards were dealt. Time to move on and beat the Pats and hopefully get revenge for the Doyers.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

Another big play and and one of the biggest was Dante Fowler's big hit on Brees that led to the interception. Some people said we lost that trade giving up 2019 third-round pick and a 2020 fifth-round pick. That trade paid dividends on that one play.

'That's all Coach Wade': Rams D hitting its stride in time for Super Bowl

Quote:
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- The price tag to assemble the Los Angeles Rams' defense was hefty, and despite clinching a division title, the results didn't live up to expectations throughout most of the regular season.

Then the playoffs arrived.

A once dormant Ndamukong Suh woke up, as the Rams shut down the season's leading rusher Ezekiel Elliott in a divisional-round win over the Dallas Cowboys.

"He used his talent," defensive coordinator Wade Phillips said. "He was really motivated to play well and he did."

In the NFC Championship Game victory over the New Orleans Saints, Aqib Talib, who spent eight weeks on injured reserve, regained form as a shutdown corner as he neutralized Drew Brees' favorite target Michael Thomas.

"We have a Hall of Fame D-coordinator," Talib said. "He put together a great game plan, and for the most part we did a good job executing."

It took longer than expected for the defense to jell, but it is peaking just in time for Super Bowl LIII, where five-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady and the New England Patriots await of Feb. 3 in Atlanta (6:30 p.m. ET, CBS).

"They've played consistent," Rams coach Sean McVay said. "It's a credit to those guys."

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
For those wondering where Rams' Super Bowl updates are: The team took yesterday off. Today they are handling CBS media duties from their practice headquarters in Thousand Oaks. Tomorrow: Practice/Walk-thru prep begins.

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1088156034588463104
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Another big play and and one of the biggest was Dante Fowler's big hit on Brees that led to the interception. Some people said we lost that trade giving up 2019 third-round pick and a 2020 fifth-round pick. That trade paid dividends on that one play.

I was not too excited about him or the trade myself. He played much better than he had been, heck he had not even started once for Jacksonville this season. It would be nice to keep him if he is the right price.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I think playing at NO twice this year will benefit us in the super bowl. Same conditions at ATL. Playing indoors on artificial turf. The noise will be loud at the super bowl but nothing like at NO.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

chickenjoy24 wrote:
Late to the party, a bad call finally goes in favor of my team. There's A LOT of major salt coming from Saints fans.

-The Saints scored in their first 3 possessions (FG, FG, TD). They were up 13-0

-The Saints left points on the board by failing to score a TD in their first 3 possessions (TD pass dropped in the end zone). Going up 21-0 in the first quarter can demoralize any team, except maybe the Pats , see 28-3 vs ATL.

-The refs missed calls for the Rams too like the face mask that would have made it 1st and goal at the 1 yard line - and the Rams go up by 4pts. If Rams are up by 4pts instead of tied with a FG, the Saints gameplan on offense would be pretty different as they would need a TD to win. A FG does nothing.

-The Saints threw a quick slant (incomplete) to M. Thomas under 2 minutes instead of running the ball 3 times and forcing the Rams to burn all 3 timeouts and have to score again with about a minute remaining.

-The Saints won the coin toss in OT

-The refs gave the Saints a make-up call with the P.I. on #26

-Drew Brees throws an INT in OT

-Zuerlein has to make a high-pressure 48 yard field goal to send the game to OT, then has an even bigger 57 yard field goal in OT to win the game.

The Rams fought hard with how the cards were dealt. Time to move on and beat the Pats and hopefully get revenge for the Doyers.

Thanks for this. I'm getting so sick of hearing people say the Saints were robbed. No game is decided in one play. What was done or not done throughout the game matters.

And besides, the game went to OT. A fourth quarter call should not be determinative of what happens in OT. If it does, the team doesn't deserve to win. Winners overcome this stuff.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

The Vegas line is now Patriots -2.5

Quote:
For 18 minutes on Tuesday, Las Vegas bettors had the opportunity to jump on the first +3 offered on the Super Bowl. Word spread fast. "Let's get to the South Point, now. Hurry!" The Sharp groups did a mad dash to the book on South Las Vegas Blvd. And the South Point phone wagers lit up.

"I just wanted to test the waters to see if there was Rams money out there, and there certainly was," said South Point sports book director Chris Andrews. "I'm doing 10 different point spreads props tomorrow and I wanted to be sure what my base number was and today clearly revealed that Patriots -2.5 is the base number."

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/1956811
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

funny how chatter is nearly nonexistent on that bogus roughing the passer call for Brady. Without that boost that late drive is likely killed.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
funny how chatter is nearly nonexistent on that bogus roughing the passer call for Brady. Without that boost that late drive is likely killed.

Why do you say that? KC hadn't stopped Brady all day. If no penalty, it would have been 3rd and 7 at the NE 28. And we know how successful KC was stopping Brady on 3rd downs all day.

No roughing the passer penalty would have just delayed the inevitable TD.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

NFL Films on Youtube uploaded the Mic'd up of the Saints/Rams game

Just before the Saints possession where the no-call happened, Brees said to Sean Payton "We gotta be smart here" and Sean Payton replied along the lines of "Yeah, but I don't want to just take 55 seconds and just kick a field goal, so we're gonna try to score a touchdown".
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
My prediction: Zuerlein wins Super Bowl 53 with a FG.....the circle of life is completed...

I had the score wrong but had him winning the conference championship with a field goal.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject:

i'd take a close ball game. don't want the Rams get stage shock and fall behind by wide margin quickly.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

The thing is, people can live with a bad call if it's in their favor and they can't let it go if it goes the other way. I don't want to add another 30-60 minutes to each game for all these reviews. It's slow enough as it is. The NBA has gotten so bad at the end of games with all of these reviews.

At the end of the day it's entertainment. A game that moves at snails pace is not entertaining.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 92 of 124
Jump to: