Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Think it will be Saints v Chiefs Super Bowl

Can't wait!
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Sean Payton is going to go after Peters and he is goingto get scorched again. Dude needs to be let go in the off season. Trash.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:
I hear it's supposed to rain all week. I'm not sure how that's going to affect prep and practices. And then we have to play in a stupid dome most likely.

We don't need anymore rain. It may affect the Rams practice, it will more affect people in the burn areas. My prayers 🙏🏿 go out to them.

Have you seen the levels of the State's major reservoirs--in particular Lake Oroville?

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/reportapp/javareports?name=rescond.pdf

THIS is why I said we don't need anymore in Los Angeles. Let it rain, rain, rain up North.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:
I hear it's supposed to rain all week. I'm not sure how that's going to affect prep and practices. And then we have to play in a stupid dome most likely.

We don't need anymore rain. It may affect the Rams practice, it will more affect people in the burn areas. My prayers 🙏🏿 go out to them.

Have you seen the levels of the State's major reservoirs--in particular Lake Oroville?

THIS is why I said we don't need anymore in Los Angeles. Let it rain, rain, rain up North.

I thought you didn't want the rain to affect the burn areas? Ever hear of Paradise, California? The state is in a bit of a fix, needing water for so many reasons but not needing it where erosion is prevalent. Unfortunately, we can't control the where, but even if we could, too often the areas overlap.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Sean Payton is going to go after Peters and he is goingto get scorched again. Dude needs to be let go in the off season. Trash.

yep, never liked him when he was with KC (understandably cuz i'm a Raider fan). there are two scenario when throwing a pass Peters' way:

1. Peters got burn, pass caught by receiver

2. Peters either makes a good play or the pass was not accurate, receiver doesn't make the catch, and Peters would get a 15 yard taunting penalty

it's like clockwork folks.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

NFL.com ranks the Rams #1 this week.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Peters is going to get a pick in this game to shut yall up.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:

I thought you didn't want the rain to affect the burn areas? Ever hear of Paradise, California? The state is in a bit of a fix, needing water for so many reasons but not needing it where erosion is prevalent. Unfortunately, we can't control the where, but even if we could, too often the areas overlap.

Yes I've heard of Paradise it's a city devastated by fire. It's up North. They don't need rain either. I know we can't control where it rains. Let it rain up North was a off the cuff statement relating to 32 talking about it may rain in Los Angeles and affect the Rams practice. We don't need rain in Los Angeles they also don't need rain in Paradise. I know we need reservoir replenishment.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Didn't realize until today the last time the Rams won in New Orleans was Nov 11, 2007.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

I hope you're right. I was wondering if Wade should let Talib cover Michael Thomas instead of Peters.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
32 wrote:

I hope you're right. I was wondering if Wade should let Talib cover Michael Thomas instead of Peters.

he has to, you don't put your worst CB on their best WR, makes no sense at all.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Last week against Dallas was the Rams best game regarding the run game on both sides. The D totally shut down the Dallas run game. And the O totally dominated the Dallas D on the ground. If they can duplicate that effort against the Saints they will win the game. Conventional wisdom tells you the running game opens up the passing game. You know the Saints D is going to pack it in to stop the run. If I were McVay I would do the exact opposite to start the game. I would establish the passing game first to open up the running game.

My prediction

Rams 30
Saints 27
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Didn't realize until today the last time the Rams won in New Orleans was Nov 11, 2007.

They are over due!
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:

Working in the water industry, we need the water, and more water storage, so that when it does rain, we are able to capture and store it, instead of letting just flow to storm drains and the ocean. Of course no one wants misery added to those in burn areas. But it seems systemic in California, rain follows fires, we are praying in our area that Montecito doesn’t get flooded out, but hopefully Lake Cachuma continues to fill.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

They are over due!

I am not surprised that Jeff Fisher didn’t win there.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

I expect New Orleans to think to the Dallas game and load up the box, and the Rams anticipating, begin with plays down the field, more of a pass-first mentality.

Then, after loosening up the defense, I'd love to see a few plays with both backs in the backfield. I wonder if they could even try having Gurley take the snap and run an option with CJ, or the other way around.

Whatever happens, Goff must be good-Goff (the guy with a quarterback rating of 112.51 in the first half), and not mediocre-Goff (the guy with a quarterback rating 91.68 in the second half), or even-worse (aka Fisher) Goff (the guy with a quarterback rating of 74.79 for the last five regular season games).

To me, it all depends on Goff. Goff depends of play calling and the offensive line, which he largely does not control, and that which he does, decision making, quick thinking, and above all, accuracy. I worry about the latter.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

This should be shown to all the Rams players, coaches etc.

Quote:
From the Times-Picayune Editorial Board:
"Jared Goff played here in November, so he thinks he knows what to expect. He has no freaking idea... [He] won’t know what hit him."

https://twitter.com/JB_Long/status/1085261114902900736
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

The offensive front line was brilliant against Dallas. You have to give them some blame for Goff's struggles at the end of the season. Pass protection will be key. If last game was any indication he will be fine.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
I expect New Orleans to think to the Dallas game and load up the box, and the Rams anticipating, begin with plays down the field, more of a pass-first mentality.

Then, after loosening up the defense, I'd love to see a few plays with both backs in the backfield. I wonder if they could even try having Gurley take the snap and run an option with CJ, or the other way around.

Whatever happens, Goff must be good-Goff (the guy with a quarterback rating of 112.51 in the first half), and not mediocre-Goff (the guy with a quarterback rating 91.68 in the second half), or even-worse (aka Fisher) Goff (the guy with a quarterback rating of 74.79 for the last five regular season games).

To me, it all depends on Goff. Goff depends of play calling and the offensive line, which he largely does not control, and that which he does, decision making, quick thinking, and above all, accuracy. I worry about the latter.

even if Saints load up the box, i'd still want Rams to stick with the running game, and use play action off of it. look, the goal is to get 10 yards in 3 tries. i don't think Saints can stop Rams doing that consistently throughout the game. it is crucial to adapt the ball control offense, i don't care if the game is boring, as long as Brees and that offense stay on the sideline, better chance Rams can pull this one off.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rain across Southern California as the Rams begin preparations for the Saints. So a tent was built over the parking lot for walk throughs.

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1085595657258168320
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

I went to college with the guy, Payton is as competitive as anyone in the NFL.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

They are over due!

Saints were one of their 3 wins that year. Beat them 37 29. Yeah we're over due.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
ribeye wrote:

even if Saints load up the box, i'd still want Rams to stick with the running game, and use play action off of it. look, the goal is to get 10 yards in 3 tries. i don't think Saints can stop Rams doing that consistently throughout the game. it is crucial to adapt the ball control offense, i don't care if the game is boring, as long as Brees and that offense stay on the sideline, better chance Rams can pull this one off.

You want the old Woody Hayes 3 yards and a cloud of dust to be the game plan. If it works it will keep Brees off the field. It will also open up the passing game. I'm curious as to what game plan McVay will use.

SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
ribeye wrote:

You want the old Woody Hayes 3 yards and a cloud of dust to be the game plan. If it works it will keep Brees off the field. It will also open up the passing game. I'm curious as to what game plan McVay will use.

this is what i'm afraid of, McVay wants to show off his offensive genius by abandon the running game if not successful early and put all the pressure on Goff's passing game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
ribeye wrote:

this is what i'm afraid of, McVay wants to show off his offensive genius by abandon the running game if not successful early and put all the pressure on Goff's passing game.

I dont think that would be a good idea. He's only completing around 50% of his passes. STATS

Arm chair coach. Run Gurley and Anderson. C J showed he can run the ball effectively. If they can run on 8 in the box it has to create a 1 on 1 on the corners. Goff should have 10 to 30 yard passes available. He hasn't been very accurate of late. Shorts outs and over the middle will be open. Dink and dunk will also keep Brees on the sidelines.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 70 of 124
Jump to: