Robin Williams tries to explain how his mind works to James Lipton

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Robin Williams tries to explain how his mind works to James Lipton

One of the best I've ever seen from him..

Robin Williams explaining how his mind works 8:05

I am feeling strong emotions after watching this

Not angry at him. An inner sadness and bitterness that
He had to leave the way he did. That his acceptance of whatever it was
that forced that choice was stronger than the opposite.

A bit of a challenge to just see him smiling in the sky
Wherever he is I hope he sees how much we all Loved him
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

I never knew what happened to him.. glad I looked today

September 27, 2016; 87 (13) Special Editorial
The terrorist inside my husband's brain
Susan Schneider Williams
http://n.neurology.org/content/87/13/1308.full

Quote:

I am writing to share a story with you, specifically for you. My hope is that it will help you understand your patients along with their spouses and caregivers a little more. And as for the research you do, perhaps this will add a few more faces behind the why you do what you do. I am sure there are already so many.

This is a personal story, sadly tragic and heartbreaking, but by sharing this information with you I know that you can help make a difference in the lives of others.

As you may know, my husband Robin Williams had the little-known but deadly Lewy body disease (LBD). He died from suicide in 2014 at the end of an intense, confusing, and relatively swift persecution at the hand of this disease's symptoms and pathology. He was not alone in his traumatic experience with this neurologic disease. As you may know, almost 1.5 million nationwide are suffering similarly right now.

Although not alone, his case was extreme. Not until the coroner's report, 3 months after his death, would I learn that it was diffuse LBD that took him. All 4 of the doctors I met with afterwards and who had reviewed his records indicated his was one of the worst pathologies they had seen. He had about 40% loss of dopamine neurons and almost no neurons were free of Lewy bodies throughout the entire brain and brainstem.

Robin is and will always be a larger-than-life spirit who was inside the body of a normal man with a human brain. He just happened to be that 1 in 6 who is affected by brain disease.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

We really haven't even scratched the surface on what we know about the brain.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

I miss Mork. His stoic comedy demeanor is unmatched. I don't recall him using foul language. Innuendo-ed in Mrs Doubtfire but nothing explicit.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I miss Mork. His stoic comedy demeanor is unmatched. I don't recall him using foul language. Innuendo-ed in Mrs Doubtfire but nothing explicit.

Maybe because it wasn’t a rated r movie? He was plenty blue in his standup.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Maybe because it wasn’t a rated r movie? He was plenty blue in his standup.

Thanks for the jog...he used the f word quite a bit.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Watched Patch Adams tonight. It was so Robin Williams.

One thing that got my attention was when a patient held up 4 fingers and asked how many fingers did you see. Naturally 4 was the right answer.

Then he said don't look at the fingers look at my face. I held my hand up and looked beyond them and saw 8 fingers.

What's the moral?

Hollywood couldn't have chosen a more perfect actor to portray Patch Adams.

LINK

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: