BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Jokic is so underrated. Dude is a legitimate franchise changing talent. Lonzo gets talked about more than he does for crying out loud.

I love how you're rightfully shining on Jokic but crapping on Lonzo and not seeing the hypocrisy.

Aren't you wishing for some 21 year old kid to suffer a career-ending injury because he hurt your feelings on a basketball court?

Pretty low pedestal to be shouting from.

I can hope for Murray to be turned into a paraplegic and still have infinitely better basketball takes than you.

But you had a good take on Jokic, and your ongoing blind spot on Ball vis-a-vis Jokic stylistically entertains me like the thought of Murray retiring from basketball to become a K-Pop star.

lol

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
chantruong wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
But yes, they will be functionally capped out on Jokic, Harris, Plumlee, and Murray.

Another team on the mediocre playoff team treadmill...I’m good with it!

The problem is they may not even make the playoffs, especially if we come back to contention.

No doubt. They will be a middling 7-10 seed type team.

I mean, Jokic is 21, Murray is 20, and Harris is 22-23. They have a long window with a strong core under 25.

We will find out. I’m not big on Murray and Harris but tbd.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Played like chumps to end the game. Just like I said on page 1... Someone needed to elbow Murray in the face. The only guy on the team with any fire in his belly is 5'8".

Lawdy, you're a bad poster.

You've got more than double the amount of posts as I do in 1/4 the time. I guess I should up my post count so the law of averages can help me out.

Naw, quality matters more than quatity, as always. As a mercy, you've deprived LG of both.

I think Julius should rip out Murray's still beating heart and kick it into the stands.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Played like chumps to end the game. Just like I said on page 1... Someone needed to elbow Murray in the face. The only guy on the team with any fire in his belly is 5'8".

Lawdy, you're a bad poster.

You've got more than double the amount of posts as I do in 1/4 the time. I guess I should up my post count so the law of averages can help me out.

Naw, quality matters more than quatity, as always. As a mercy, you've deprived LG of both.

I think Julius should rip out Murray's still beating heart and kick it into the stands.
\

BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject:

Lonzo is averaging 10/7/7 and everyone here is crowning him a future HOF. Jokic meanwhile leads Denver to a 7-1 February with wins against Golden State, OKC, Milwaukee and San Antonio twice while averaging a triple-double on 60/60/90 shooting and the response is: Meh, I don't think he can lead you to a title.

lol

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Lonzo is averaging 10/7/7 and everyone here is crowning him a future HOF. Jokic meanwhile leads Denver to a 7-1 February with wins against Golden State, OKC, Milwaukee and San Antonio twice while averaging a triple-double on 60/60/90 shooting and the response is: Meh, I don't think he can lead you to a title.

lol

Jokic has been in the league a lot longer.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

lol

Perhaps it's because, in today's NBA, centers with solid offensive stats who don't play solid defense are far less likely to lead teams to titles than point guards with incredible court vision, solid defense and great fundamentals across the board.

Add to this - it's a Laker site with Laker fans. We see Ball every game he plays, and can appreciate what he currently adds and how much potential he has, much more than is the case with Jokic. If Jokic isn't getting enough praise for your liking on LG, I'm sure you can start an "I love Jokic" thread in the general basketball forum.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

lol

Perhaps it's because, in today's NBA, centers with solid offensive stats who don't play solid defense are far less likely to lead teams to titles than point guards with incredible court vision, solid defense and great fundamentals across the board.

Add to this - it's a Laker site with Laker fans. We see Ball every game he plays, and can appreciate what he currently adds and how much potential he has, much more than is the case with Jokic. If Jokic isn't getting enough praise for your liking on LG, I'm sure you can start an "I love Jokic" thread in the general basketball forum.

My original comment about Lonzo getting more praise than Jokic was referring to the national media. The comment you responded to was in reference to the hypocrisy of this site.

Protip: Just because a player is white doesn't mean he's a bad defender. Denver's defense is much better with Jokic on the floor than off the court.

TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

lol

My original comment about Lonzo getting more praise than Jokic was referring to the national media. The comment you responded to was in reference to the hypocrisy of this site.

Protip: Just because a player is white doesn't mean he's a bad defender. Denver's defense is much better with Jokic on the floor than off the court.

The post I see above refers to 'everyone here' not the national media. IDGAF what color he is. He's a Nugget, he got torched.

Lopez and Randle combined for 47 points on 60% shooting, and Jokic didn't get a single block on them. Not one.

Look. Jokic's a good player. I don't see him 'leading' a team to titles though. Again, start a Jokic thread if you really like this guy, but it belongs in General Basketball discussion. And if you want to complain about the national media being too focused on something positive about the Lakers rookie and not Nuggets rookie, I'd use a different phrase than "everyone here."
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

lol

Yeah with him they are bad, without him they are the worst in the league. He is not a good defender.

Lonzo getting praise from the national media?

Skip, Colin Cowherd, and Max Kellerman have been positive the whole year.

Otherwise he's been criticized and over-analyzed more than any other rookie in a long time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38
Page 38 of 38
Jump to: