View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Rhazz wrote:
Christopher Walken wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Jokic is so underrated. Dude is a legitimate franchise changing talent. Lonzo gets talked about more than he does for crying out loud.

Ummm, That's because Lonzo is a laker...
and this is a Laker board...

Jokic puts up good numbers but a team is never winning a championship if he’s their best player. And let’s be honest if the Nuggets somehow manage to make the playoffs they’re getting swept. They can thank the refs and Walton’s lack of any coherent game plan for this one.

1) A team without Larry Brown isn't winning a championship without a current top-5 NBA player leading them.

2) Jokic could get to top-5 NBA player status.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Played like chumps to end the game. Just like I said on page 1... Someone needed to elbow Murray in the face. The only guy on the team with any fire in his belly is 5'8".
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

30-16 Free throws, guess who got 30?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Christopher Walken wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Jokic is so underrated. Dude is a legitimate franchise changing talent. Lonzo gets talked about more than he does for crying out loud.

Ummm, That's because Lonzo is a laker...
and this is a Laker board...

He’s more excited to remind me that Lonzo isn’t averaging 13+ assists then to give him his due
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PLATNUM wrote:
Played like chumps to end the game. Just like I said on page 1... Someone needed to elbow Murray in the face. The only guy on the team with any fire in his belly is 5'8".

Lawdy, you're a bad poster.
LakeShow500
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
2) Jokic could get to top-5 NBA player status.

It would require a quantum leap in defensive proficiency. Needs to get stronger, needs to be better in help, needs to be quicker laterally.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

Haha. Ok
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Off topic, but Denver is gonna have huge cap issues soon. THey just signed Millsap 30 mill/yr and Jokic is due for extension this summer. He will definitely get a 25 mill/yr. Then Murray will be due for an extension. They will be dumping contracts and picks soon. If we rise to the playoffs, they can be out of the playoffs and be in the luxury tax. Denver could end up in the worse position possible. Too good to tank, not good enough to make the playoffs.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

You've got more than double the amount of posts as I do in 1/4 the time. I guess I should up my post count so the law of averages can help me out.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Off topic, but Denver is gonna have huge cap issues soon. THey just signed Millsap 30 mill/yr and Jokic is due for extension this summer. He will definitely get a 25 mill/yr. Then Murray will be due for an extension. They will be dumping contracts and picks soon. If we rise to the playoffs, they can be out of the playoffs and be in the luxury tax. Denver could end up in the worse position possible. Too good to tank, not good enough to make the playoffs.

And no freaking way any FA would want to go to cold Denver, there hope is basically that there young trio becomes really good but they also could risk losing Barton and others in the next couple of seasons.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

You've got more than double the amount of posts as I do in 1/4 the time. I guess I should up my post count so the law of averages can help me out.

Naw, quality matters more than quatity, as always. As a mercy, you've deprived LG of both.
tgi_friyay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

This place after a loss...

Laters.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Naw, quality matters more than quatity, as always. As a mercy, you've deprived LG of both.

You can disagree with my post all u want. I was half joking...and venting after a loss.
Why make it personal?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

They basically screwed themselves with the Mitchell trade. Millsap's contract is up next summer, so it isn't a huge issue, but trading back from Mitchell for Lyles and Syracuse whitey may have screwed them much more than their cap ever will.

But yes, they will be functionally capped out on Jokic, Harris, Plumlee, and Murray.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

You can disagree with my post all u want. I was half joking...and venting after a loss.
Why make it personal?

I apologize, and I understand if you don't want to wipe the slate clean after my cheap shot, but I hope you do.

I disagree with your initial post, I think multiple players on this team besides IT have a fire in their bellies regardless.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

But yes, they will be functionally capped out on Jokic, Harris, Plumlee, and Murray.

Another team on the mediocre playoff team treadmill...I’m good with it!
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Why make it personal?

I apologize, and I understand if you don't want to wipe the slate clean after my cheap shot, but I hope you do.

I disagree with your initial post, I think multiple players on this team besides IT have a fire in their bellies regardless.

It's all good. Losses suck and I tend to get carried away with the hyperbole as a result.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

They basically screwed themselves with the Mitchell trade. Millsap's contract is up next summer, so it isn't a huge issue, but trading back from Mitchell for Lyles and Syracuse whitey may have screwed them much more than their cap ever will.

Jokic is potentially great and they have good shooters, if they don’t rise in these next few years they will be screwed
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

The problem is they may not even make the playoffs, especially if we come back to contention.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

We should have kept going to Brook down low. Sigh.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The problem is they may not even make the playoffs, especially if we come back to contention.

No doubt. They will be a middling 7-10 seed type team.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

KCP elbowed Murray at the end. Stood up for Lonzo. This I like!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
We should have kept going to Brook down low. Sigh.

I agree. If they don't have an answer, then KEEP DOING IT! Frustrating AF.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Why make it personal?

It's all good. Losses suck and I tend to get carried away with the hyperbole as a result.

Cheers back, and I apologize again because I think I mistook you for another poster on top of everything.

The Lakers will rise again and tonight was another good sign of that even with the loss.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
chantruong wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

No doubt. They will be a middling 7-10 seed type team.

I mean, Jokic is 21, Murray is 20, and Harris is 22-23. They have a long window with a strong core under 25.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38
Jump to: