Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Here son, I'd like you to have my 1st generation iPhone. It was in my pocket when I met your mother, it was with me when we got married and when you were born. Some day you can pass it down to your son.

Said nobody, ever.

Hello, little man. Boy, I sure heard a bunch about you. See, I was a good friend of your dad’s. We were in that Hanoi pit of hell together over five years. Hopefully, you’ll never have to experience this yourself, but when two men are in a situation like me and your Dad were, for as long as we were, you take on certain responsibilities of the other. If it had been me who had not made it, Major Coolidge would be talking right now to my son Jim. But the way it turned out is I’m talking to you, Butch. I got something for you.

This iPhone I got here was first purchased by your great-grandfather during the first generation release. It was bought in a little Apple store in Knoxville, Tennessee. Made by the first company to ever make smart phones. Up till then people just wore wrist watches. It was bought by private Doughboy Ernie Coolidge on the day he set sail for Paris. It was your great-grandfather’s war iPhone and he used it every day he was in that war. When he had done his duty, he went home to your great-grandmother, took the iPhone off, put it an old coffee can, and in that can it stayed until your granddad Dane Coolidge was drawn to the SECOND generation iPhone. Your great-grandfather gave this iPhone to your granddad for good luck. Unfortunately, Dane’s luck wasn’t as good as his old man’s. Dane was a Marine and he was killed, along with the other Marines at the battle of Wake Island. Your granddad was facing death, he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leaving that island alive. So three days before the Japanese took the island, your granddad asked a gunner on an Air Force transport name of Winocki, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he’d never seen in the flesh, his second gen iPhone. Three days later, your granddad was dead. But Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father, his dad’s second generation iPhone.

This iPhone. This iPhone was in your daddy’s pocket when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if they ever saw the iPhone it’d be confiscated, taken away. The way your dad looked at it, that iPhone was your birthright. He’d be damned if they were gonna put their greasy hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he wore this iPhone up his ass. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the iPhone. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the iPhone to you.

Well done, sir.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

That was some funny sh*t, Larry.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

I just bought the watch shown in the link below..

I really like it, it looks cool and modern...

Never needs winding and automatically sets itself via GPS.

https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/product/CC3039-08E.html?cgid=mens-ecodrive#start=5
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

I have a Rolex Datejust and a Drive de Cartier. I have an apple watch that I only wear when I'm in active phases of my life. I also have this Coach watch that I bought when I had no money and it's starting to discolor, which I love so I've mixed that in the rotation a bit more.

I like Breitling but they get a little too busy. An older model Breitling Premier is more my style although I do like the Colt.

My list for what's next (in no order because I go back and forth):
Panerai
IWC (older model)
Vacheron Constantin
Jaeger LeCoultre
Omega Seamaster 300
Bell & Ross

On instagram, I follow a bunch of watch pages so I have a whole folder that a buddy and I fantasize about. The older stuff with patina is where I'd spend my money if I had enough to burn.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

Picked up an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra in blue with both the steel & rubber bracelets.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Picked up an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra in blue with both the steel & rubber bracelets.

https://webfiles.uci.edu/lcoon/IMG_20191104_073746.jpg

Gorgeous watch, Larry, and an incredible timepiece. I was earlier eyeing an Omega Seamaster 300M Chronograph.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

Nice touch to have this thread as the background to the pic.
Steve
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

I currently own:
Rolex 1675 gilt dial
Rolex 6263 black dial
Rolex Milgauss blue dial
Patek 5164 green strap

All worth quite a bit more than I paid, except for the Milgauss. Watch market is insane right now.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

https://webfiles.uci.edu/lcoon/IMG_20191104_073746.jpg

Well done!! beautiful
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Steve wrote:
I currently own:
Rolex 1675 gilt dial
Rolex 6263 black dial
Rolex Milgauss blue dial
Patek 5164 green strap

All worth quite a bit more than I paid, except for the Milgauss. Watch market is insane right now.

I bet, especially the Pepsi -- Rolex steel sports watches are nuts.

Been looking at the A. Lange & Söhne Saxonia lately. Lange's are such gorgeous timepieces...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Steve
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Steve wrote:
I currently own:
Rolex 1675 gilt dial
Rolex 6263 black dial
Rolex Milgauss blue dial
Patek 5164 green strap

I bet, especially the Pepsi -- Rolex steel sports watches are nuts.

Been looking at the A. Lange & Söhne Saxonia lately. Lange's are such gorgeous timepieces...
The Daytona has done quite well, too!

ALS are beautiful. A classy watch for a classy guy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: