LAKERS -vs- BLAZERS – 3-5-18 - Game Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 5863

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Dear CJ and Dame, you will never win a title
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 1936

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Just curious how come we don't run the offense through randle more in these close games? Worked vs the spurs last game the times we tried it and while tonight only one possession he did find Lonzo for the 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 1731

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

I really hate the Blazers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RichD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 1672

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
We'd smash those bums with Ingram and Hart playing tbh

I'd rather play golden state. Blazers just always have our number.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14255

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Only way you slow down Lillard is going at him on the defensive end. Unfortunately, Lonzo doesn't put that type of pressure at this point.


I don't think it would matter who the Lakers put on Lillard, even with double-teams. He will find a way to get a shot off or get it to the right guy for a good shot. He was just locked in offensively. Lakers couldn't match his offensive burst at the end.


I think he meant Lillard had to exert minimal energy on defense. So has his legs for the fourth,

Honestly I wasn't paying attention to that.


Lillard was so fresh when he finally came in the fourth, I don't think anything was gonna tire him. He had a long rest. Lakers just needed to try to match baskets with the blazers and couldn't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheGoat1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Jun 2015
Posts: 222

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
shortodom wrote:
What about Kuz? Not the player we thought he was. He's not bad but boy has he really come back down to earth


Yeah Kuz was bad but at least he made a clutch shot.

He should be the one that goes if we need to get rid of Deng.


he should have went instead of nance.


Yeah, at this point it's hard to argue with that.


Gawd No! I'm glad you guys aren't running the Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheGoat1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Jun 2015
Posts: 222

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

All I know is I don't want to see the Blazers in the Playoffs(when we eventually get back there). Dame has our number.

Last edited by TheGoat1 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 1936

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

As a side note we lose by 5 and Ennis played 6 minutes

Just saying😎
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14255

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Just curious how come we don't run the offense through randle more in these close games? Worked vs the spurs last game the times we tried it and while tonight only one possession he did find Lonzo for the 3.


Agree. Certainly Randle would have been better than whatever KCP decided to do. Julius had the mismatch on a few possessions too, but was a little tentative probably because he was worried about getting some BS offensive foul.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 1936

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Just curious how come we don't run the offense through randle more in these close games? Worked vs the spurs last game the times we tried it and while tonight only one possession he did find Lonzo for the 3.


Agree. Certainly Randle would have been better than whatever KCP decided to do. Julius had the mismatch on a few possessions too, but was a little tentative probably because he was worried about getting some BS offensive foul.


Yea I'm wondering if it's just an offensive identity issue. There were far better sets we could have run down the stretch (e.g. Using Randle) and it just seemed haphazard how the team executed. I think I'm gonna have nightmares tonight with the image of KCP taking that wacky shot cuz he thought he was fouled 😱
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Dame hit the shots Lonzo made the game before. Lonzo hit a clutch 3 toward the end with under 4 min to go but KCP never gave him an opportunity to try another. I think many wanted Lonzo to at least try a 3 to see if last game was for real in closing time.
More proof for Magic Josh Hart>KCP and his cap space


Last edited by Laker4lifer4real on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 9045

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Man, I'm so salty about this one. Should have been a win.
_________________
WE BACK BABY!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Sep 2004
Posts: 5135

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

TheGoat1 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
shortodom wrote:
What about Kuz? Not the player we thought he was. He's not bad but boy has he really come back down to earth


Yeah Kuz was bad but at least he made a clutch shot.

He should be the one that goes if we need to get rid of Deng.


he should have went instead of nance.


Yeah, at this point it's hard to argue with that.


Gawd No! I'm glad you guys aren't running the Lakers


Yea I wouldn't go that far. Dudes still a rookie. Looks like he has to slow down abit. He's looking outta control sometimes. Hopefully he'll be more consistent next year as well
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 2452

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

have to believe the Lakers win this game with Ingram and hart healthy, or even just one of them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Kinda ends the playoff hope that was clinging to life. Hearing we lost Ingram for a week was a bummer, but more so a loss when we had this game up 11 late in the 4th without him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14255

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Just curious how come we don't run the offense through randle more in these close games? Worked vs the spurs last game the times we tried it and while tonight only one possession he did find Lonzo for the 3.


Agree. Certainly Randle would have been better than whatever KCP decided to do. Julius had the mismatch on a few possessions too, but was a little tentative probably because he was worried about getting some BS offensive foul.


Yea I'm wondering if it's just an offensive identity issue. There were far better sets we could have run down the stretch (e.g. Using Randle) and it just seemed haphazard how the team executed. I think I'm gonna have nightmares tonight with the image of KCP taking that wacky shot cuz he thought he was fouled 😱


Well, he was fouled, it's just not enough hard contact for these stupid refs to give him the call over a star player like lillard. Even so, it makes no sense to shoot ball UNLESS you hear the whistle. KCP seems to do this often too, throwing up a wild shot anticipating a call instead of when it actually is called. Even worse was if he just continued the dribble instead of the shot he probably had a chance to get a layup (which he blew the next time down... so maybe a moot point).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13887
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Dame hit the shots Lonzo made the game before. Lonzo hit a clutch 3 toward the end with under 4 min to go but KCP never gave him an opportunity to try another. I think many wanted Lonzo to at least try a 3 to see if last game was for real in closing time.
More proof for Magic Josh Hart>KCP and his cap space


Lonzo's tying 3 was with under 2 minutes to go, I believe. Even though this wasn't a great game for him, he did still manage to go 3-7 from 3, continuing his strong shooting from distance. It was also good to see him make another big 3 in the clutch.

As for playing D on Lillard, I mean, dude is tossing in 30+ footers. I'm not sure what the heck you are supposed to do when he's going into God mode.
_________________
It's time to quiet the naysayers and Laker haters...let's go!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakergirlsFan710
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Mar 2012
Posts: 221

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Kinda ends the playoff hope that was clinging to life. Hearing we lost Ingram for a week was a bummer, but more so a loss when we had this game up 11 late in the 4th without him.

Some here seem to think the Lakers needed to go undefeated to have a shot at the playoffs, By my numbers, they still have between 3 and 5 losses available to them and still have a shot at the playoffs. Its a little harder now, but not yet unrealistic. Just need to win one of those I had as losses; @ Denver, @ Warriors, @ New Orleans, @ Utah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 82553
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
ingle wrote:
We needed Travis Wear out there



You are clueless.


I think this is the last time I want to see you saying this. Thanks.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 3794

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
Fracture wrote:
Can't wait till IT is gone tbh

Worst trade in Lakers history smfh


Does the worse trade in Lakers history gives us enough cap space to get two max free agents here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 4161
Location: Studio City

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject:

That 5 hour drought killed the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
blackmamba08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 976
Location: Croatia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject:

Proud of the team. They fought hard and that's what I want to see every night. Sometimes the opposite team is just better. They have Lillard. We still do not have player like that yet. Cant wait to see PG13 instead of KCP. And yes (bleep) you Justise Winslow. I blame him for the loss. With Ingram this is a win.
_________________
K.O.B.E - King Of Basketball End of story
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 18401
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject:

LakergirlsFan710 wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Kinda ends the playoff hope that was clinging to life. Hearing we lost Ingram for a week was a bummer, but more so a loss when we had this game up 11 late in the 4th without him.

Some here seem to think the Lakers needed to go undefeated to have a shot at the playoffs, By my numbers, they still have between 3 and 5 losses available to them and still have a shot at the playoffs. Its a little harder now, but not yet unrealistic. Just need to win one of those I had as losses; @ Denver, @ Warriors, @ New Orleans, @ Utah.


We are 7 losses behind the 8th spot. If we're 9th and 7 games back, I would have hope. Because you're depending on just 1 team to tumble. If we were 10th, I'd have less hope because you're depending on 2 teams to tumble. We are 11th, the chances of 3 teams tumbling? Playing below .500?

I give us just 2 more losses. We need to be at 45-37... for a shot. It's hard for me to envision the teams ahead of us failing to reach 44 wins, they all got 34+ right now. We're hoping for a free-fall from 3 teams. The odds are not good.

Next year, I think we won't need for others to tumble. We are a playoff team next year for sure. The push is just a little too late this year. I admire your optimism though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Nov 2017
Posts: 2368

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
I don’t see us winning this one...

Lillard going for 40.


Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:51 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Nov 2017
Posts: 2368

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Dear CJ and Dame, you will never win a title


They need to trade McCollum. Portland’s FO is worthless...can’t even surround an elite scorer like Lillard with a contending team.

The guy kills GSW every time they play, imagine if he had a better supporting cast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 54 of 55
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB