*** Los Angeles Lakers @ Dallas Mavericks (02/10/18) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 2992

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
Lonzo. Don't play defense either some lakers fans are Clueless. He is bad on defense IT is better score. Give me a break. Lonzo fan are too much


LOL..if you are trying to create a point guard controversy you will lose that argument everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Zo is the point guard for the next 10-15 years. IT will be gone in a few months unless he likes the weather and wants to play for less money and be a backup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 15944
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
TDRock wrote:
BizLA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Well I see we lost but thanks for those who responded to me I’m glad to hear Randle and IT did well. I like IT as a player I don’t know about his personality I don’t know if it was the situation in Cleveland or what have you. Hopefully he will just be quiet and play for us while he’s here. Ankywhoo on to the next...


They did well offensively, both got killed on defense lol


Which unfortunately is pretty much the name of our game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. We have moments but overall our defense is Le weak. No point in acting like bad defense is a new thing that just started happening since we acquired IT


sorry, but that is wrong....we have been a good defense this year....besides that blip during the 9 game losing streak, we have been an excellent defense


Hmmm I’ll take your word for it. It seems to me I’ve watched plenty of games this season where I was yelling at the screen about defense. LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
samnizam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Oct 2008
Posts: 991

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
farzadkavari wrote:
Yall are boaming IT for this but if u actually watched the game it was all their big men getting easy layups. I put this lost on randle and luke. Play more Zu!!!


A lot of it was Thomas’ lack of size allowing guys to get past him and dump the ball off inside.

I am a fair guy. Thomas lit it up on offense, but he is a huge defensive liability.

Damn near every time the Mavs had the ball while Thomas was in the game they exploited him either by posting him up, isoing him or getting him on a switch. If you disagree you didn’t watch the game.

Yes the team overall was bad defensively tonight, that can change. But the defensive liability that Thomas brings, will likely remain the same.



Boston won with this guy. Just saying........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Nov 2017
Posts: 2368

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
BizLA wrote:
farzadkavari wrote:
Yall are boaming IT for this but if u actually watched the game it was all their big men getting easy layups. I put this lost on randle and luke. Play more Zu!!!


A lot of it was Thomas’ lack of size allowing guys to get past him and dump the ball off inside.

I am a fair guy. Thomas lit it up on offense, but he is a huge defensive liability.

Damn near every time the Mavs had the ball while Thomas was in the game they exploited him either by posting him up, isoing him or getting him on a switch. If you disagree you didn’t watch the game.

Yes the team overall was bad defensively tonight, that can change. But the defensive liability that Thomas brings, will likely remain the same.



Boston won with this guy. Just saying........


Idk how Brad Stevens did it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 3794

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
y'all blaming thomas but who the (bleep) was supposed to guard dwight (bleep) (bleep) powell all night?

and maxi pads taking a dump on us?


Powell probably played his best game ever. He killed us.


every time he set a screen you knew he was rolling. it's on luke to tell his boys what's about to happen. like, come on man, they ran that (bleep) to death. it was so easy to see!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
textbook
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Mar 2015
Posts: 951

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Our d tonight had nothing to do with Thomas. We sucked and would have lost anyway. Couldn’t stop anything
_________________
Ball / Rondo /
Hart / KCP / Svi
Ingram / Kuzma / Lance
Lebron / Kuzma / Beasley
McGee / Chandler / Wagner/ Zubac
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 18033
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

It's no surprise that it's going to take a few games to figure out rotations with IT in and Larry Nance/Jordan Clarkson out.

I DO NOT like seeing the lack of defensive identity out there, we should have been able to clamp down late in this game.

Lopez should have been out there if Randle was getting out-sized badly. Hell, a Randle/Lopez pairing woudn't have been so bad. Hart can battle for boards with the best of them, makes the smart plays under pressure and hits his 3's under pressure as well.

I can't blame IT for this loss, but I do blame Luke Walton for not adjusting to the mismatches. Luke knows he's 5 foot 8 inches tall. It's something he needs to account for.

When it comes to a close game, I'd rather have our defense out there to lock down, get the rebound and run in transition, rather than get into a half court heave fest trying to win this thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Nov 2017
Posts: 2368

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
samnizam wrote:
Lonzo. Don't play defense either some lakers fans are Clueless. He is bad on defense IT is better score. Give me a break. Lonzo fan are too much


LOL..if you are trying to create a point guard controversy you will lose that argument everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Zo is the point guard for the next 10-15 years. IT will be gone in a few months unless he likes the weather and wants to play for less money and be a backup.


Lol he really like’s 5’8” Thomas over 6’6” Lonzo Ball...baffling
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 480

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

I tell you some of yawl...pewwww. Some must have just came to this game...We had Derrick Fisher and freaking Chucky Atkins for pete sakes....NO DEFENSIVE SPECIALIST. The key was though that if the pg couldnt defend let Kobe roam or have fisher atleast flush his guy into ShaQ. The problem is we got NO ONE THAT KNOWS what Defense means! We have no center that plays Defense or help defense and no one that can roam like even a Ariza that can help our PG. Thats the problem its always been there but hey lets blame the new guy for whats been overlooked for what? two years now? pffft...goood grief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 2992

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Our d tonight had nothing to do with Thomas. We sucked and would have lost anyway. Couldn’t stop anything


D is all about effort and accountability. One weak link and guys can stop trying and make excuses. Luke need to nip this in the bud right away and hold IT accountable for his bad D.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 33031

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
pio2u wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
y'all blaming thomas but who the (bleep) was supposed to guard dwight (bleep) (bleep) powell all night?

and maxi pads taking a dump on us?


Powell probably played his best game ever. He killed us.


every time he set a screen you knew he was rolling. it's on luke to tell his boys what's about to happen. like, come on man, they ran that (bleep) to death. it was so easy to see!


Not just on Luke either; professional players have to take responsibility. They must identify and react accordingly. The defensive intensity was not there at all tonight. Lethargic effort!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Nov 2017
Posts: 2368

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
I tell you some of yawl...pewwww. Some must have just came to this game...We had Derrick Fisher and freaking Chucky Atkins for pete sakes....NO DEFENSIVE SPECIALIST. The key was though that if the pg couldnt defend let Kobe roam or have fisher atleast flush his guy into ShaQ. The problem is we got NO ONE THAT KNOWS what Defense means! We have no center that plays Defense or help defense and no one that can roam like even a Ariza that can help our PG. Thats the problem its always been there but hey lets blame the new guy for whats been overlooked for what? two years now? pffft...goood grief.


Derek Fisher was 6’1” 200lbs

That’s still a big difference from 5’8” Thomas. And yes we have no 7 foot rim protector, so pairing 6’9” Randle at center with our midget point guard does not help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 10896

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

This was a game Larry Nance would've won for us. His ability to cover a lot of ground on defense would've prevented a lot of those lobs/dunks at the basket. I knew how underrated and unappreciated he was. You can't teach the things he was doing. Length and athleticism with awareness and motor. His presence is going be missed desperately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Nov 2017
Posts: 2368

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Our d tonight had nothing to do with Thomas. We sucked and would have lost anyway. Couldn’t stop anything


The D was bad all around tonight, but Thomas was clearly getting exposed by the Mavericks offense. No way you didn’t see that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Mar 2016
Posts: 273

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
textbook wrote:
Our d tonight had nothing to do with Thomas. We sucked and would have lost anyway. Couldn’t stop anything


D is all about effort and accountability. One weak link and guys can stop trying and make excuses. Luke need to nip this in the bud right away and hold IT accountable for his bad D.


I agree with this point -- kicking the other guys in their rear ends to get them to play D, but then letting IT off is a real land mine. Plus IT head's is really big. He's coming in like he's the man. You got to earn that. This is not Boston.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Nov 2017
Posts: 2368

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
I tell you some of yawl...pewwww. Some must have just came to this game...We had Derrick Fisher and freaking Chucky Atkins for pete sakes....NO DEFENSIVE SPECIALIST. The key was though that if the pg couldnt defend let Kobe roam or have fisher atleast flush his guy into ShaQ. The problem is we got NO ONE THAT KNOWS what Defense means! We have no center that plays Defense or help defense and no one that can roam like even a Ariza that can help our PG. Thats the problem its always been there but hey lets blame the new guy for whats been overlooked for what? two years now? pffft...goood grief.


Btw did you forget that we were terrible with Atkins at point guard?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 22311
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
This was a game Larry Nance would've won for us. His ability to cover a lot of ground on defense would've prevented a lot of those lobs/dunks at the basket. I knew how underrated and unappreciated he was. You can't teach the things he was doing. Length and athleticism with awareness and motor. His presence is going be missed desperately.


So 15 guys couldn’t stop the lobs and dunks but 1 man can? This game was lost based on lack of communication, when the whole team can’t be on the same page every single player becomes a lability
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 480

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
I tell you some of yawl...pewwww. Some must have just came to this game...We had Derrick Fisher and freaking Chucky Atkins for pete sakes....NO DEFENSIVE SPECIALIST. The key was though that if the pg couldnt defend let Kobe roam or have fisher atleast flush his guy into ShaQ. The problem is we got NO ONE THAT KNOWS what Defense means! We have no center that plays Defense or help defense and no one that can roam like even a Ariza that can help our PG. Thats the problem its always been there but hey lets blame the new guy for whats been overlooked for what? two years now? pffft...goood grief.


Derek Fisher was 6’1” 200lbs

That’s still a big difference from 5’8” Thomas. And yes we have no 7 foot rim protector, so pairing 6’9” Randle at center with our midget point guard does not help.


Why is a "Small" Power Forward playing Center? hehehe....Also Fisher could have been 6'10 and only thing fisher saw was the back of his opponents jersey....I still get flashbacks of some of his defense....but ShaQ was right there to toss AI/Damon Studimaire/Parker's layups.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 480

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
I tell you some of yawl...pewwww. Some must have just came to this game...We had Derrick Fisher and freaking Chucky Atkins for pete sakes....NO DEFENSIVE SPECIALIST. The key was though that if the pg couldnt defend let Kobe roam or have fisher atleast flush his guy into ShaQ. The problem is we got NO ONE THAT KNOWS what Defense means! We have no center that plays Defense or help defense and no one that can roam like even a Ariza that can help our PG. Thats the problem its always been there but hey lets blame the new guy for whats been overlooked for what? two years now? pffft...goood grief.


Btw did you forget that we were terrible with Atkins at point guard?


Nope why you think Kobe was Free Safety roaming....it just wasnt just to get Steal stats....that what im trying to tell you..we have no Defensive guy...this is another reason we cant keep leads. Everybody loves to shoot but really takes no pride on defense or clamping down on help defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 18033
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
I tell you some of yawl...pewwww. Some must have just came to this game...We had Derrick Fisher and freaking Chucky Atkins for pete sakes....NO DEFENSIVE SPECIALIST. The key was though that if the pg couldnt defend let Kobe roam or have fisher atleast flush his guy into ShaQ. The problem is we got NO ONE THAT KNOWS what Defense means! We have no center that plays Defense or help defense and no one that can roam like even a Ariza that can help our PG. Thats the problem its always been there but hey lets blame the new guy for whats been overlooked for what? two years now? pffft...goood grief.


Btw did you forget that we were terrible with Atkins at point guard?


I'll also add, most of us have seen this team, THIS YEAR'S team, clamp down on defense late in close games. That's a major reason we've been winning. This whole idea that the Laker defense has been bad this year stems from the fact that we play with the fastest pace in the NBA. Our defensive efficiency has actually been in the top half of the NBA all season.

Tonight's game was a very poor effort defensively. Losing Nance hurts in that regard, but not playing Hart to close the game, having no answer for a 7 foot 1 center outsizing Randle, and not getting Ingram involved late in the game hurt this team.

As for roaming on defense, Lonzo's not bad at disrupting passing lanes, neither is Hart, who could have closed this game and didn't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 480

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
textbook wrote:
Our d tonight had nothing to do with Thomas. We sucked and would have lost anyway. Couldn’t stop anything


The D was bad all around tonight, but Thomas was clearly getting exposed by the Mavericks offense. No way you didn’t see that.


Thennnn who was helping him out to flush the ball out of his opponents hands?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
StnlyRoper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 384

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Our d tonight had nothing to do with Thomas. We sucked and would have lost anyway. Couldn’t stop anything


Exactly, people around here are focusing on the mismatches created with IT on the floor but if you paid attention to the entire game there were 3x as many missed rotations by Randle, Kuzma, and especially Brewer (I don’t know why he even sees the floor). Watch the replays and you’ll see the weak side help was late or non existent; and that’s not on IT. They set good screens tonight & we got beat on the rotations. I’ve never seen much of IT before & he surprised the heck out of me the way he can get through a pick and stay with his guy, pretty impressive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 10896

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
This was a game Larry Nance would've won for us. His ability to cover a lot of ground on defense would've prevented a lot of those lobs/dunks at the basket. I knew how underrated and unappreciated he was. You can't teach the things he was doing. Length and athleticism with awareness and motor. His presence is going be missed desperately.


So 15 guys couldn’t stop the lobs and dunks but 1 man can? This game was lost based on lack of communication, when the whole team can’t be on the same page every single player becomes a lability


I said it right after the trade: no one else on this team can do the things Nance can do. So to answer your question, yes 1 man can. A player like Nance can. He was the only guy we had that could affect the game that way. I'm not surprised by this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 22311
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
This was a game Larry Nance would've won for us. His ability to cover a lot of ground on defense would've prevented a lot of those lobs/dunks at the basket. I knew how underrated and unappreciated he was. You can't teach the things he was doing. Length and athleticism with awareness and motor. His presence is going be missed desperately.


So 15 guys couldn’t stop the lobs and dunks but 1 man can? This game was lost based on lack of communication, when the whole team can’t be on the same page every single player becomes a lability


I said it right after the trade: no one else on this team can do the things Nance can do. So to answer your question, yes 1 man can. A player like Nance can. He was the only guy we had that could affect the game that way. I'm not surprised by this.


Your theory might be true, but this is the first game since the trade happened, let’s at least wait until they build chemistry once they do we will see better effort on preventing those lobs and pick and roll dunks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 11501
Location: LA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Another 3 for IT!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 62 of 63
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB